Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apple iPad

2 posters

Go down

Apple iPad Empty Apple iPad

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:45 pm

Any of you have one? Got an iPad 2 for my birthday several months ago and have been pretty much completely in love with it ever since. If Steve Jobs were alive today, he'd track me down and slap me baldheaded if he found out that I mostly use it for reading comics. But there it is.

And man, it has TOTALLY changed how I read comics! There's a lot of stuff out there that I just never got around to. The Roger Stern run on Amazing Spider-Man, the complete run of the 90's Starman comic by James Robinson (I started it when it was coming but couldn't continue; long, boring, pointless story), tons of 70's and 80's titles, a big chunk of the Peter David Supergirl title from the 90's, on and on and on.

The iPad has been a serious game changer in those terms. For one thing, it's really handy and convenient to be able to carry what amounts to volumes of comics in such an easy way. But for another thing, it's gotten me thinking about what I should do with my collection of regular paper issues. Maybe it's another topic for another day but I'm considering off-loading some of 'em. Some I'd imagine I'd keep for historical or sentimental value. But a lot of 'em... well, as I say it's another subject for another day.

Anywho. I'm not some Apple jihadist but this really is a quality product. Not sure how it stacks up to your other varieties of tablets but I feel confident enough to essentially guarantee your satisfaction with it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Apple iPad Empty Re: Apple iPad

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:49 pm

Not that I should have to justify myself but I should mention that ultimately this felt like it belonged in the off topic section because it's more about iPads than it is comics. Yeah, how I read comics has changed but it's because of how awesome the iPad is. Just so's we're clear.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:01 am

I currently dont have any apple items, but I do enjoy checking out there store and looking at the neat macs/ipods/ipads and all that. Just havent ventured into purchasing one for myself(mostly due to price). But my little sister has an ipad 2 and she enjoys it. Always is on it taking photos, using the internet on it and all that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum