Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers

+3
thecolorsblend
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 2 Empty Re: 'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Almost all actors for films like this have/use stunt doubles do to insurance reasons. Now how much they are used is up to actor/director for a given scene. As for that climbing scene of course bane looks bigger since muscles are flexing and counting on any height difference between hardy and his stunt double.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:04 pm

It still ain't Bane no matter how you slice it! Even though not my favorite Joker, at least you could somewhat buy into Heath Ledger as pseudo-Joker, especially given what he had to work with. But this 'Bane' is nothing of the sort, not even remotely. Fans should be pissed off. Hopefully the next director for the Batman film franchise will at least 'respect the source material'.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:53 pm

Also I've been thinking... If Hardy does have a stunt double in his place then there's a possibility that, that stunt double may have been there to physically portray Bane in his post venom form rather than just there to you know... Perform stunts!!!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Even if that was the case he still isn't as non pointed out full bane size/character. And all reports we seen haven't mentioned venom and he only wears the mask to release some sort of pain reducer. Like I pointed out before they should have either hired a stunt actor for the role, actor wear body suit to enhance size, or just fully cg muscle via actor wearing mocap suit.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Alf wrote:LoL, who is the fight choreographer, winnie the pooh?? Could it look any faker and lamer?

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 2 Rnts5tdg

Holy shit.

Phantom punch much??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Didn't know Tom Hardy had a stunt double in this one but then again not every actor do their own stunts anyway! Rolling Eyes

What you don't know could fill the fucking Marianas Trench.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:49 am

I still look forward to how Hardy plays it. I don't want to write him off completely until I see the whole thing.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:51 am

Alf wrote:Nolanites have a new weapon. They are completely disregarding how small Hardy looks in that lame phantom punch exchange and all other clips/pictures and now are using this (which appears to be a STUNT DOUBLE anyway):
It reminds me of the Apologists posting pics of BJ The Bartender lifting weights to prove how "massive" the guy was. I defer to the Puncher when it comes to exercise stuff but my understanding is that ANYbody's muscles will expand noticeably when they lift weights because of the blood flow. Looking large and in charge in such moments probably isn't too big a challenge.

All of this to say that even if that pic really is Hardy... so what? He's doing a pretty strenuous exercise in climbing around like that and there's nothing relevant in the frame to compare his size to. Of course he'll look "big" in those kinds of conditions. The blood flow and the lack of scale create are likely creating an illusion.

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Didn't know Tom Hardy had a stunt double in this one but then again not every actor do their own stunts anyway! Rolling Eyes

What you don't know could fill the fucking Marianas Trench.
Let's run with that theory for a minute though. If they were going to use a stunt double for his 'roided out Venom scenes... why not use a stunt double/body builder full time, pay him less and then overdub an actor's voice later on? Best of both worlds. So even if you grant the dude his premise, it's still not a ringing endorsement for Hardly Bane.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Stock hardy is a good actorr and he probably did a good preformance. What most of us here have problem with is nolan/hardy are making bane as full of a character from the comics and some half ass take on character that isn't what the character really is.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:50 pm

I understand that, but then again I never really cared for Bane that much so it's no big loss for me either way.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:56 pm

They should've gone out with characters the public knows like PENGUIN & RIDDLER. Tim Burton certainly would have if it had been his last film, planned film anyway, right?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:02 pm

I know really with nolan not wanting more super powered guys like freeze why did he go with bbane. When they could have done peguin, riddler, hugo strange and a few others that would fit his more realistic world he was going for.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:46 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:It reminds me of the Apologists posting pics of BJ The Bartender lifting weights to prove how "massive" the guy was.

You mean like this?
'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 2 Scaled.php?server=156&filename=rfkworkout2ew7

The guy is in the middle of doing a push-up, and his arms STILL aren't very big. Sad.

I defer to the Puncher when it comes to exercise stuff but my understanding is that ANYbody's muscles will expand noticeably when they lift weights because of the blood flow. Looking large and in charge in such moments probably isn't too big a challenge.

All of this to say that even if that pic really is Hardy... so what? He's doing a pretty strenuous exercise in climbing around like that and there's nothing relevant in the frame to compare his size to. Of course he'll look "big" in those kinds of conditions. The blood flow and the lack of scale create are likely creating an illusion.

It's pretty freakin' funny how people over-react to seeing a muscle. Any muscle. Especially when it is connected to someone they blindly devoted themselves to.

So Tom Hardly is climbing down a rope, mere SECONDS after "pumping up", and you can see one of his biceps? Wow. Alert the press!

How about we take a look at another man, presumably after a "pump" too? See if you can tell the difference:

Spoiler:

I know I can.

About 5 inches and 70lbs.

"Let's run with that theory for a minute though. If they were going to use a stunt double for his 'roided out Venom scenes... why not use a stunt double/body builder full time, pay him less and then overdub an actor's voice later on? Best of both worlds. So even if you grant the dude his premise, it's still not a ringing endorsement for Hardly Bane.

And no matter what he may "hope" for, it ain't happenin'.

Hardly "Bane" is who and what you see. Nothing more.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:48 pm

James Stocks wrote:I still look forward to how Hardy plays it. I don't want to write him off completely until I see the whole thing.

It's impossible for me to consider him a serious threat to Batman when I know he would not only just come up to MY chest, but that I could toss his ass around with ease.

And I'm NO Batman.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Even though I'm fully aware that Tom Hardy isn't what most people would choose to play someone like Bane (Even I myself included) in terms of not having the right size & mass but the one thing that has been misinterpreted was that I believe Nolan's reason for choosing Tom Hardy to play Bane in the first place was that his idea was to bring on a Bane that was not only strong but was also equally fast & agile in the process and I don't think Nolan would choose someone who happens to be bulky and ranging to be 7 feet tall since a bulky 7 foot taller can't possibly posses any amount of speed & agility.

Just say'in!!!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:48 am

Hey get this! As far as how 'muscular' Blandon BJ is, I remember seeing this magazine at Walmart about the time that Singerman 'came out':

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 2 Blando10

I was at duh Homopage at the time & interestingly, I didn't even join the site until after the controversy erupted over Singerman. However, I had 'lurked' there for some time, reading but not posting. One thing I do remember though. Some apologist, probably more than one, pointed out BJ's 'flexed bicep' while holding the Fivehead. You know, like it was really a big deal or something. I guess that made him perfect casting for Superman then huh? Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:39 am

I'd forgotten about that magazine cover but I never saw what the fuss was supposed to be about. So his bicep looks a bit round. So what? (A) It's nothing special and (B) we live in an age of Photoshop used in a lot of print media. What, you think Fivehead's skin really is slick as glass like that? Who's to say they didn't give BJ Blandon a little bit of "help" with his build in that pic?

You honestly think a "news" magazine owned to some degree or another by Time-Warner wouldn't spruce up a publicity photo for what was intended to be a major WB tentpole???

I usually don't trust publicity photos like that one for these reasons. Too much is on the table to make much of an impression... but, as I said, even IF his "build" in that pic was real... seriously, so what? Nothing to write home about there.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:29 am

Ok, first of all let's clear something up

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:since a bulky 7 foot taller can't possibly posses any amount of speed & agility.

Bane is only 6'8 when on venom. Which enhances his physical abilities including speed. And yes someone who is 6'5 or over can be fast and agile. Bane without venom is still a ´´bulky`` 6'2, 225. And obviously Nolan won't have the venom but rather a ´´painkiller mask`` so his Bane should represent the venom-less one. Which brings me to my next point....

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote: I believe Nolan's reason for choosing Tom Hardy to play Bane in the first place was that his idea was to bring on a Bane that was not only strong but was also equally fast & agile in the process and I don't think Nolan would choose someone who happens to be bulky

So, based on the genius logic of the genius Nolan which you seem to embrace, in order to be fast and agile you can't be bulky - in other words have a good amount of actual muscle mass - and must look like a scrawny little fatso tough guy wannabe (like Hardy)??

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 2 Fatt1010_full

Riiiiight...

The problem with Hardy isn't so much the height (though they should have at least used the usual camera trickery to make him appear as tall as Bale) - given how Nolan likes to fuck up the characters anyway - it's the fact that he's a 190 pounded (with about 10 pounds of fat as is very obvious in some of the TDKR set pics and 5 pound of water retention and maybe 5 pounds of muscle, he's only 170 otherwise) little shit who isn't even a bit physically imposing or even intimidating. He just isn't. Look at Mike. He's only about 5'10-11 (and 220 with very little body fat, at his peak of course) and yet he at least DOES look like someone who could take on Batman. Hardy?

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 2 Tom-hardy-shirtless-tattoos-tinker-tailor-soldier-spy

No comment necessary I believe...

Fact is, Batman (And don't give me any ´´Nolan's Batman`` shit, Batman is Batman he doesn't belong to Nolan) is supposed to be what, 6'2 220 ? Don't know the exact number at the top of my head but DC has mostly listed him at something like that. He is also someone who represent the peak of human physical conditioning, is highly skilled in various forms of combat styles, has unrivaled mental toughness (which is actually equally important to physical strength and skill) and...well you get the point. He's BATMAN. Batman is someone who could enter any MMA competition today and be a champion, if you understand this better.

Now, I am supposed to believe that little scrawny fatso Tom ´´IgotMyAssKickedBySheilaLabeouf`` Hardly is going to take Batman on, beat him to a pulp and brake him? And all this without venom, just some fancy ´´IfeelNoPainMask``? Please, even if you feel no pain you can still get knocked unconscious or have your limbs broken and then you are screwed, pain or no pain and that's exactly what BATMAN would do to Hardly.

I would like to remind you once more that even WITHOUT the venom, Bane is listed as 6'2, 225 pounds. And even without the venom he is supposed to rival Batman in strength and skill. Does Hardy look like someone who could do that to you? If you have two opponents, of equal strength, skill and mental toughness, the bigger guy (in weight, height is irrelevant) is going to win. That's why we have weight divisions in combat sports. Unless the smaller guy is a genetic freak and the bigger guy is a feather fisted weakling despite the size. But this is irrelevant in case of Batman and Bane. And of course if you have a 6'5, 240 bar room brawler with no real skill, a highly skilled (and also tough for his weight of course) 6'1 190 Royce Gracie is going to brake of his arms. But this is again irrelevant here, because BANE is not some unskilled bum but someone as skilled as Batman (and a brilliant strategist himself)

There is only so much suspension of disbelief that some of us can handle. And in this case Nolan simply went way, WAY off. One of the main characteristics of Bane is his strength and combat ability and physically imposing body, even without the venom. Hardy simply does not fit. He would be a much better fit for a young Oswald Cobblepot.
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:38 am

Alf wrote:And all this without venom, just some fancy ´´IfeelNoPainMask``? Please, even if you feel no pain you can still get knocked unconscious or have your limbs broken and then you are screwed, pain or no pain and that's exactly what BATMAN would do to Hardly.

I seem to recall from previous interviews that the mask Bane sports in this film suppose to provide him with some form of gas for him to inhale and yes, it's said to serve as some sort of painkiller which inables him to be resistant to feeling any pain but there's also a possibility that' that same gas Bane inhales may also be the film's answer to venom which it enhances his strength since being resistant to pain (I'm willing to agree) dosen't really do much for the body but if it works both ways (Being resistant to pain and have a strength enhancement) his body could very well be resistant to almost any form of physical damage.

To prove my point on the strength enhancement notice in the recent trailer after Bane grabs Batman's fist he kicked Bats hard enough to send him flying which shows that he does display some form of above average level of strength.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:
Alf wrote:And all this without venom, just some fancy ´´IfeelNoPainMask``? Please, even if you feel no pain you can still get knocked unconscious or have your limbs broken and then you are screwed, pain or no pain and that's exactly what BATMAN would do to Hardly.

I seem to recall from previous interviews that the mask Bane sports in this film suppose to provide him with some form of gas for him to inhale and yes, it's said to serve as some sort of painkiller which inables him to be resistant to feeling any pain but there's also a possibility that' that same gas Bane inhales may also be the film's answer to venom which it enhances his strength since being resistant to pain (I'm willing to agree) dosen't really do much for the body but if it works both ways (Being resistant to pain and have a strength enhancement) his body could very well be resistant to almost any form of physical damage.

To prove my point on the strength enhancement notice in the recent trailer after Bane grabs Batman's fist he kicked Bats hard enough to send him flying which shows that he does display some form of above average level of strength.

Even if Nolan's Bane has some strength enhancing substance in his mask, there is still a question of visual impact. Like it or not these movies are based on comic books - a very visual medium. Let me put it this way, Superman get's his powers from the yellow sun/gravity differences due to his molecular structure etc. Basically, Superman doesn't need to be big. He could be a skinny little guy but he'd still be as powerful. However, if they cast this guy as Superman:

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 2 2011072713117645771043941358

instead of this:

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 2 Henry-Cavill-sighting-at-Vancouver-airport-03

what do you think the reaction would be? Would anyone ´´buy`` the concept of Superman as an incredibly powerful man? No, they wouldn't. Because the visual perception would be completely off. Same thing with Nolan's Bane. Though im sure if Nolan cast Tobey Maguire as Superman, his devoted followers would defend that too.

And I actually think it would be MORE ´´realistic`` (going with Nolan's stupid approach) if the substance causing strength increase (if there is any) in Nolan's ´´Mini Bane`` would cause his muscle density to increase. There is only so much power a small frame with poor muscles and some fat can produce, substance or not.
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:42 am

Shit!

CBFV2, I do believe you just got served...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Alf those are good points. Bane big draw is his height and muscles. Besides his skilled mind. So sure nolan probably gets the skilled mind/fighterr bit right. But like you said this is a visual medium and fans want to see the larger then life out of this world things from books. That is one aspect nolan hasn't gotten right in his series. Taking the bare basics of things and placing them in a semi realistic world. Comics are an escapeism thing we want to see the scifi/fantasy, etc.... elements from the books brought to life. Like marvel has shown in there licensed out films to the mcu of marvel studios. This is where nolan approach isn't scoring well with most comics fans. I give nolan props for bringing back batman after joel s almost killed movie batman. And certain elements of nolan work is good. But I like to see the full comics take on screen for dc.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:04 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Alf those are good points. Bane big draw is his height and muscles. Besides his skilled mind. So sure nolan probably gets the skilled mind/fighterr bit right. But like you said this is a visual medium and fans want to see the larger then life out of this world things from books. That is one aspect nolan hasn't gotten right in his series. Taking the bare basics of things and placing them in a semi realistic world. Comics are an escapeism thing we want to see the scifi/fantasy, etc....
I'm not going to bust your balls too much over this but I really wish people would stop saying this line. Any fiction is arguably escapism. Comics are a medium. But a comic book is also a STYLE. People don't like the comparison but you could relate it to soap operas. They have a style of their own. Comics? No different, except that part of a comic's style is the sci-fi world in which most of the stories take place. It's an inescapable part of the format. Even for as real world as Watchmen professed to be, the similarities to real life are fewer than a lot of people seem to recognize. And even there, the real world/alternate history angle is auspicious for existing at all; it's the exception (in a sense) that proves the rule.

There is a crucial detail that isn't being noted here. Nolan makes films that a lot of people find enjoyable. It's escapist entertainment for them. And whatever, I don't have a problem with that. But what makes his Batman movies offensive to my comic book nerd sensibilities is just how egregiously they intentionally break away from the STYLE of comics. And the reason they do that is because, push comes to shove, Nolan simply can't believe in the material and accept it as it is.

It's no more complicated than that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:43 pm

"7 foot tallers" aren't fast or agile? Really??

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 2 NyeGIubUkwhoward-1

Alf has already done a more than adequate job of DESTROYING your Nolanite-Defense.

I'll leave it at that.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:"7 foot tallers" aren't fast or agile? Really??
Yeah, I'm still struggling with that one. I'm not a sports guy AT ALL but even I know better than that...

Apologist Puncher wrote:Alf has already done a more than adequate job of DESTROYING your Nolanite-Defense.
No kidding! Talk about taking no prisoners, holy shit! Welcome aboard, Alf! Hope you stick around!

Now, because we're all about intellectual honesty around here, I want to throw something out there. You could argue it either way about whether I've been the hardest on Chris Nolan around here or if non-amos (if that even his real name) has been. Tough to say. But one thing I have to acknowledge TDK did well was showing Batman being successful in his task.

It's the same reason I dig on the Punisher- Max series by Garth Ennis. That version of the Punisher had been at it for quite a while and he'd pretty much thrown the entire mafia into disarray. Same kind of thing with TDK. Batman had been at it for a little less than a year and he'd made serious traction in taking the mob apart piece of by piece.

So often, esp in comics, a character has been beating the hell out of people for years and years but nothing ever really improves. Obviously that's because the writers and editors want the story to keep going and if you write the story where Batman or Superman triumph once and for all over the criminal underworld, you've written the last Batman or Superman story. And that's fine, I get that, but it sometimes leaves the hero looking weak and ineffectual.

As much as TDK isn't really my brand of vodka as far as Batman goes, I have to give it props for showing us a Batman who was waging a war on the mob and had a little something more to show for it each day. You could argue that Burton implied it in Batman Returns but Nolan, as is his wont, made it pretty explicit in TDK.

I'm not excusing the myriad other dumb decisions related to these movies (how the hell could I?), I'm just giving the man his due on this one item.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next