Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joss Whedon "Torn" on Returning For 'Avengers 2'

5 posters

Go down

Joss Whedon "Torn" on Returning For 'Avengers 2' Empty Joss Whedon "Torn" on Returning For 'Avengers 2'

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 15, 2012 11:33 pm

And the trend continues....

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=59808

“You know, I’m very torn. It’s an enormous amount of work telling what is ultimately somebody else’s story, even though I feel like I did get to put myself into it. But at the same time, I have a bunch of ideas, and they all seem really cool.”
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Joss Whedon "Torn" on Returning For 'Avengers 2' Empty Re: Joss Whedon "Torn" on Returning For 'Avengers 2'

Post  non_amos Wed May 16, 2012 12:51 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:And the trend continues....

“You know, I’m very torn. It’s an enormous amount of work telling what is ultimately somebody else’s story, even though I feel like I did get to put myself into it. But at the same time, I have a bunch of ideas, and they all seem really cool.”

How long before we hear that Whedon is fired & replaced by FOTW? Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Joss Whedon "Torn" on Returning For 'Avengers 2' Empty Re: Joss Whedon "Torn" on Returning For 'Avengers 2'

Post  James Stocks Wed May 16, 2012 12:56 am

Whatever he decides, I only hope he joins not out of pressure but rather real interest and passion. If he doesn't feel up to it I rather he focus on a different project and let in someone who might offer something worthwhile. No pressure for Whedon. Let him do what he wants.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 16, 2012 2:15 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:And the trend continues....

If any director has earned independence and creative freedom, it's the guy who directs a film that hits a billion motherfucking dollars worldwide. If taking the leash off (or at least loosening it) will bring Whedon back, I say Marvel should defer to him, give him a pay raise and let him bring more of his own ideas across for the sequel.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed May 16, 2012 2:33 am

^ Said it best.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 16, 2012 10:16 am

I do really hope he does return. But its probably going to be awhile to we see it happen. Since marvel is working on the new films/sequels. So hopefully he just relaxes, chill, work on some pet projects. Then is charged and ready to give avengers another go. It would be a big mistake for marvel to let go of joss.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed May 16, 2012 10:54 am

Come on Joss! Cut the 'torn' crap! You know you want that payday again like I'm sure you continue to benefit from right now & for time to come?!

Joss Whedon "Torn" on Returning For 'Avengers 2' Boatlo11
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 16, 2012 11:21 am

Right he better come back. But I still think its a bit early to throw in the towl yet. Since the film is still on release. And everyone just needs to depress and let some time pass from film release and next projects. Avengers 2 as much as I would love if they wherre going for a 2014 release/shoot next yr. 2015 seems more likely. So we have time for I'm 3, cap 2, thor 2, and what ever is the other two mystery projects on the deck. So then we get avengers then. Which gives joss time to have time off, work on what ever side projects he has going/planned. And then come back ready, and recharged to do avengers 2.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 16, 2012 3:47 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Right he better come back. But I still think its a bit early to throw in the towl yet. Since the film is still on release. And everyone just needs to depress and let some time pass from film release and next projects. Avengers 2 as much as I would love if they wherre going for a 2014 release/shoot next yr. 2015 seems more likely. So we have time for I'm 3, cap 2, thor 2, and what ever is the other two mystery projects on the deck. So then we get avengers then. Which gives joss time to have time off, work on what ever side projects he has going/planned. And then come back ready, and recharged to do avengers 2.

'Avengers 2' has already been green-lit. 2014 is a guarantee.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:'Avengers 2' has already been green-lit. 2014 is a guarantee.
Wowzers, so that is how movie studios react when a movie is phenomenally successful. No craigslist ads, no dial up customers in Colorado, just immediate action. Huh, very interesting...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 16, 2012 4:01 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Wowzers, so that is how movie studios react when a movie is phenomenally successful. No craigslist ads, no dial up customers in Colorado, just immediate action. Huh, very interesting...

Fake Craigslist ads at that.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed May 16, 2012 10:02 pm

I rather it be 2015. AVENGERS films should be the BIG event flicks that you must wait longer for, not something that could be churned out every other year. Plus 2013 and 2014 would be reserved for other Marvel characters to stretch themselves before the big one.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:I rather it be 2015. AVENGERS films should be the BIG event flicks that you must wait longer for, not something that could be churned out every other year. Plus 2013 and 2014 would be reserved for other Marvel characters to stretch themselves before the big one.

2013 has 'Iron Man 3' and 'THOR 2'.

2014 has 'Captain America 2'. And that's it.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed May 16, 2012 10:47 pm

That's fine by me. I rather they have an AVENGERS title released in a summer by itself, kind of like the summer we're having right now. Would it even be feasible to try to put in CAPTAIN AMERICA and an AVENGERS title in the same season? That would require a lot of scheduling to keep Chris Evans on track between two different movies coming out in the same summer. Might be better to give some space between the flicks so that once CAPTAIN AMERICA is in the can they'll be prepared to move onto the next AVENGERS title with better certainty.

My fear about the MU flicks was that the overall arc might end up becoming convoluted. So far MARVEL has been on the right track and everything is running smoothly, I wouldn't want them to end up making a mistake that might compromise the films.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu May 17, 2012 12:26 am

Stockslivevan wrote:My fear about the MU flicks was that the overall arc might end up becoming convoluted. So far MARVEL has been on the right track and everything is running smoothly, I wouldn't want them to end up making a mistake that might compromise the films.
Right now, Marvel has four viable franchises (Thor, Cap, Iron Man and Avengers; yes, these are all separate), are developing the Hulk (I'm sorry but there's no way he's not getting another shot at the big time after Avengers) and other characters seem to be in the pipeline too.

Now just seems like the wrong time to invent stuff to worry about.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 17, 2012 11:12 am

Who's worried? After I saw THE AVENGERS turn out better than fine my worries were put to rest. I just don't want MARVEL to get too hasty after the big success at the box office.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu May 17, 2012 11:24 am

I am sure kevin mentioned we have to unknown films coming for 2014/2015 on top of the thrree seauels we have going. With dr. Strange, antman, guardians of galaxy, and runaways as 4 films he mentioned prior that two of those where to be up next.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu May 17, 2012 11:27 am

The Hulk.

NOW!!!!!

Joss Whedon "Torn" on Returning For 'Avengers 2' Hulk3b11
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down