Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rough Cut for The Dark Knight Rises completed

4 posters

Go down

Rough Cut for The Dark Knight Rises completed Empty Rough Cut for The Dark Knight Rises completed

Post  webhead2006 Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Some info on rough cut of the film:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=56703
"The Dark Knight Rises is real and finished, presumably in the form of a four-hour rough cut. There's no official word on the reaction to the screening, as of yet."

Would be neat to see what the 4hr cut would be. That just sounds a bit long even for batman. Heck you could probably make it two films like last harry potter was. More so according to the article on nolan's other bat flicks with there rough cut vs final cut. How long do you guys think the final cut will be widdled down.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Rough Cut for The Dark Knight Rises completed Empty Re: Rough Cut for The Dark Knight Rises completed

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:36 pm

I couldn't handle 4 hours of "Baney-Me". The 2 hours, 30 mins or so it ends up being will be too much as it is.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Rough Cut for The Dark Knight Rises completed Empty Re: Rough Cut for The Dark Knight Rises completed

Post  non_amos Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:33 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I couldn't handle 4 hours of "Baney-Me". The 2 hours, 30 mins or so it ends up being will be too much as it is.

Amen! Preach it brother! Sleep
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:53 am

webhead2006 wrote:Some info on rough cut of the film:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=56703
"The Dark Knight Rises is real and finished, presumably in the form of a four-hour rough cut. There's no official word on the reaction to the screening, as of yet."

Would be neat to see what the 4hr cut would be. That just sounds a bit long even for batman. Heck you could probably make it two films like last harry potter was. More so according to the article on nolan's other bat flicks with there rough cut vs final cut. How long do you guys think the final cut will be widdled down.
"Presumably in the form of a four-hour rough cut"? This is news?

And it's not like I'm omniscient or anything but a "four hour rough cut"? Not saying such a thing has never existed but if it's that long, my suspicion would be that it's an assembly. It's basically everything the director has all put together. Whole takes, all scenes, the whole burrito. There's not even much editing done for timing. The idea is to give the director an idea of where he needs to take the film before he really starts editing it.

Meanwhile, a rough cut (the next step) is his first draft, as it were, of trying to put the film together into some kind of shape. And then it gets refined further on down the line.

As I say, maybe this sum bitch really is a four hour rough cut... which instantly tells me all I need to know about where Nolan is likely to take this movie (as if it wasn't already apparent). But I just have a hard time picturing that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:13 am

thecolorsblend wrote:

As I say, maybe this sum bitch really is a four hour rough cut... which instantly tells me all I need to know about where Nolan is likely to take this movie (as if it wasn't already apparent). But I just have a hard time picturing that.

I assume you're talking about duh hulking 190-lb. 1/6 scale Hardly Bane either crippling Batman or even worse, outright killing him? At least that's the feeling I get from your post. But certainly 'the brothers Warner' wouldn't allow that? I mean, Batman is once again a major box office draw for them. I don't care how respected a director Nolan is. Batman=$$$$$. That is, unless they allow it with full intent on rebooting again. Don't really know what to think about this at the moment but I can say, I don't think THE AVENGERS have anything to worry about. Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:46 am

non_amos wrote:thecolorsblend wrote:

I assume you're talking about duh hulking 190-lb. 1/6 scale Hardly Bane either crippling Batman or even worse, outright killing him? At least that's the feeling I get from your post. But certainly 'the brothers Warner' wouldn't allow that? I mean, Batman is once again a major box office draw for them. I don't care how respected a director Nolan is. Batman=$$$$$. That is, unless they allow it with full intent on rebooting again. Don't really know what to think about this at the moment but I can say, I don't think THE AVENGERS have anything to worry about. Wink
Well, there is that. But I meant more that if the rough cut really is four hours... how much of that is really going to be action sequences? With a running time like that, my guess is the movie will have an action ratio not unlike what we saw with Singerman.

But as for killing Batman... yeah, I can't see that happening and for all the reasons you describe. Plus, Nolan's is a popular franchise. You could argue that a reboot simply makes no sense from a business point of view.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:22 pm

I see what you mean now, the point about Singerman. I guess Nolan is gonna give us an overly long film with a lot of 'dialogue & character development' ad nauseum. Christian Bale masturbating over whether to become Batman again.....or not. Stuff like that. Or people bragging on how awesome 'Bany-Me' is. Batman in disguise with Gordon having a circle jerk or something. You get the point. But you know duh apologists are gotten eat this stuff up & be crying 'Oscar' for this film anyway. Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Well it looks like the 4hr thing was incorrect:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=56735
Just to clear some confusion: I have no idea how long "The Dark Knight Rises" rough cut is. "4 hours" was a joke taken too literally.

— Kevin P. Sullivan (@KPSull) March 21, 2012
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 pm

This is me doing a victory lap. I maintain the assembly could feasibly be four hours. Or hell, even more for all I know. But a rough cut? That sounded pretty unorthodox from the start.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:22 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:This is me doing a victory lap. I maintain the assembly could feasibly be four hours. Or hell, even more for all I know. But a rough cut? That sounded pretty unorthodox from the start.

Unless they were going to go all 'Twilight' on it, 4 hours was NEVER a realistic thing.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:39 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:This is me doing a victory lap. I maintain the assembly could feasibly be four hours. Or hell, even more for all I know. But a rough cut? That sounded pretty unorthodox from the start.
Apologist Puncher wrote:Unless they were going to go all 'Twilight' on it, 4 hours was NEVER a realistic thing.
Tell that to the douchenozzles trying to spike up their website hits.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Unless they were going to go all 'Twilight' on it, 4 hours was NEVER a realistic thing.
Tell that to the douchenozzles trying to spike up their website hits.

And the retarded Nolanites who WANTED to believe it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Just saw this bit of news related to the rumor last week of a possible screening for TDKR at comic con:
http://twitter.com/#!/DrewAtHitFix/status/183245189450702848
Drew McWeeny
‏ @DrewAtHitFix Follow Following Unfollow Blocked Unblock Pending Cancel
I can state with absolute authority that "The Dark Knight Rises" will not be at ComicCon. Don't believe the rumors, kids.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down