Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors Empty 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Here is a place we can discuss all news/rumors for potential Captain America sequel.

To start things off, here is a story on stuff the screenwriters would like to do:
http://www.nbcmiami.com/blogs/popcornbiz/Will-a-Captain-America-Sequel-Return-to-a-Wartime-Setting-127908023.html
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors Empty Re: 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Disney/marvel has released release date for sequel:
http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/170117-captain-america-sequel-to-hit-theaters-on-april-4-2014
Captain America Sequel to Hit Theaters on April 4, 2014! by SuperHeroHype April 05, 2012 Share this story

Will pick-up where Marvel's The Avengers leaves off

The Walt Disney Studios has announced a release date for Marvel Studios' sequel to the blockbuster Captain America: The First Avenger on April 4, 2014.

The second installment will pick-up where the highly anticipated Marvel's The Avengers (May 4, 2012) leaves off, as Steve Rogers continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors Empty Re: 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:34 am

One name out for director shortlist for captain america 2:
http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/captain-america-2-helmer-job-narrows-as-f-gary-gray-focuses-on-straight-outta-compton/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
The list includes Community‘s Joe & Anthony Russo and The Adjustment Bureau helmer George Nolfi,but I’m told Marvel is talking to others for a film that Disney just dated that film for April 4,2014,with a storyline that picks up after the upcoming Joss Whedon-directed The Avengers. F. Gary Gray had been on that short list,but I’m hearing that he has withdrawn from consideration and is in hot and heavy negotiations to direct the NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton for New Line Cinema.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:16 pm

Hey, non_amos, you get ANOTHER chance at checking out a Marvel Studios film:

http://latino-review.com/2012/06/28/iron-man-3-clears-out-cap-wilmington/

Once ‘Iron Man 3′ Clears Out, Cap Goes To Wilmington!
Posted on 6.28.12 by Da7e

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors Cap2banner

Occasionally, an exclusive you were waiting to get confirmed gets confirmed as part of something else, it’s the reality of the internet that you can see yourself scooped before you actually see a publication.

For instance, we knew that after ‘Iron Man 3′ finished up on the Screen Gems stages in Wilmington, North Carolina that another Marvel movie was going to slide into that spot. It would be somewhere near the fall, the stages are beautiful and North Carolina is - financially - nice to films.

So what was it going to be?

Turns out, North Carolina politics confirmed a rumor we heard. Seems that the tax breaks for productions are set to expire and the legislative bodies of North Carolina need to scramble to extend them by next Tuesday or watch them expire on January 1st, 2014.

That probably won’t affect the next movie that comes in after ‘Iron Man 3′ if they get snappy, but it never pays to count on a studio to be snappy, so yesterday State Rep. Danny McComas said extending the credit could help North Carolina score the sequel to ‘Captain America: The First Avenger.’

Ladies and Gentleman: ‘Captain America 2′ is up next in Wilmington. Thanks Rep. McComas!

Assuming, of course, the tax breaks are extended.

Here’s hoping for FALCON!

Cap 2 hits April 4th, 2014.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Oh that is sweet cap will be shooting there too. And non if you get the chance to see filming have fun man.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:32 am

Just got back from a couple days of vacation so that's the first I've heard of that (had NO Internet access, no laptop). It'd be nice if I could do something about it but ya know, having to work, even if it is a crappy job, no doubt keeps me from going. Maybe that will change, who knows?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Captain America 2 logo:
'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors 617593782
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Falcon to join captain america 2:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/anthony-mackie-captain-america-sequel-349622?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+THRComicCon+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Heat+Vision%29
Anthony Mackie in Talks to Play Falcon in 'Captain America' Sequel (Exclusive)

12:59 PM PDT 7/16/2012 by Borys Kit

The actor would join Chris Evans in the followup, being directed by Joe and Anthony Russo.

Marvel is not resting on its laurels after its victory lap at Comic-Con, moving ahead on casting its latest movie, Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Anthony Mackie is in negotiations to star alongside Chris Evans the sequel to Captain America: First Avenger, which is being directed by Joe and Anthony Russo.

April 4, 2014 is the release date for the film.

Plot details are being kept underwraps but the subtitle reflects a respected storyline from the 2000s that returned Captain America's sidekick Bucky from the comics death as a brain-washed super assassin known as the Winter Solider.

While Marvel would not comment nor divulge charater details, it is believed that Mackie will end up portraying the Falcon, who is one of mainstream's comics' first black superheroes, and perhaps its first American-based one. The character, Sam Wilson, was Harlem-based and had many street adventures with Cap in the 1970s comics when he served as his partner. He derives his powers from a suit which allows him to fly and enhances his strength. He can also telepathically talk to birds. In current comics, he is a key player in many of Cap's espionage adventures.

Mackie is currently on screen with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. He has Warner Bros' all-star crime movie Gangster Squad coming out this fall, recently completed shooting Michael Bay's Pain and Gain, and is now shooting Runner, Runner with Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlaks.

He is repped by UTA and Inspider Entertainment.

Marvel had no comment.

Sebastian stan returns for Captain America 2:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056643.html?cmpid=RSS|News|FilmNews
Sebastian Stan will reprise his role as Bucky, who turns into Winter Soldier, a brainwashed assassin.

Stan, who has a six-pic deal with Marvel, stars in horror pic "The Apparition," which WB releases next month. Todd Lincoln directed the pic, produced by Joel Silver, Andrew Rona, Alex Heineman and Daniel Alter.

Marvel declined to comment.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:28 pm

One of captain america 2 director's speaks on the film:
http://superherohype.com/news/articles/171953-co-director-talks-captain-america-the-winter-soldier
Co-Director Talks Captain America: The Winter Soldier by Spencer Perry July 25, 2012 Share this story

Talks story, characters and getting the job

As we've reported previously, the Russo brothers are stepping behind the camera for the Captain America sequel now titled Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The directing pair is best known for their films like Welcome to Collinwood and You, Me and Dupree as well as television series like "Arrested Development," "Community" and "Happy Endings" (the latter two of which they also executive produce). They're also attached to Ciudad, based on their own graphic novel and set to star Dwayne Johnson.

Half of the pair, Anthony Russo, was at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour and talked about their upcoming Marvel venture (via The Huffington Post). Here are a few excerpts from the interview:

I think Chris Evans is good at comedy, especially dry comedy, but Captain America as a guy -- what I love about him is that there's kind of a nobility, a heroic quality to him. With the comedic sensibilities you and your brother have, is that going to be part of it, I guess? Is that part of the conception process and the scripting process? It definitely is. I mean, we're trying to grow him as a character, and certainly he's come a long way, from where he started in pre-World War 2 to where he is in modern-day America. So the character has room for growth because of that huge journey that he's been on, Number 1. Number 2, part of the appeal of these movies is the ensemble. Captain America isn't the only character in the film, there are other characters that are perhaps lighter in nature.

Bucky, perhaps? Yeah, exactly.

You're going with an existing story for "Captain America," right? In a way. I mean, they're all sort of rooted in what's come before, but they're all also their own jumping-off point as well.

How did you sell yourselves [to get the job for] "Captain America"? We were comic book geeks from a young age and big fantasy geeks. We got to talk to them in detail about that history. They knew that we understood the brand really well and the characters really well. It was a long process, actually, of talking to them over and over again, through a series of meetings over a long period of time. And I think they just -- we were really passionate about the movie, incredibly passionate about the movie. They felt that, and they felt like it was the right match.

What did you love about [Ed] Brubaker's "Winter Soldier" [comic-book] story that made you say, "Oh yeah, I know what we can do with this"? Well, we like the [story]. I can't talk too much about specifics, that's the way Marvel handles things. I can say in general that there's sort of a darker, edgier sensibility at work there that we found appealing, and that is going find its way into Captain [America] in the modern day.

Where are you at in terms of production? Are you in active pre-production? Do you have a production start date? We have a release date, April 2014. We are going to go into production early next year.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is set to hit theaters on April 4, 2014.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Actresses up for female lead in captain america 2:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=65993
After casting Anthony Mackie as The Falcon in the upcoming Captain America: The Winter Soldier last month, Marvel Studios is currently searching for a female lead in the much anticipated sequel to last year's Captain America: The First Avenger. The New York Daily News reports that Marvel is looking at Anna Kendrick (The Twilight Saga, 50/50), Imogen Poots (Fright Night, Jane Eyre) and Felicity Jones (Like Crazy, Chalet Girl) for the role. The identity of the character is currently unknown, but is speculated to be S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Sharon Carter, the niece of Peggy Carter (played by Hayley Atwell in Captain America: The First Avenger). Kendrick will next be seen in End Of Watch, which releases September 21st. Jones recently lost the female lead for Paramount's Jack Ryan reboot to Keira Knightly.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:50 am

Chris evans reveals start date for captain america: the winter soldier:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=67026
Chris Evans Reveals When Filming Begins On CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

Want to know when filming begins on Captain America: The Winter Soldier? Well,talking at the Toronto Film Festival earlier today,the actor has revealed when he'll be heading back into action as Steve Rogers. Check it out! Josh Wilding - 9/10/2012

It's not exactly a surprise that the crowd at the San Diego Comic-Con erupted in cheers when the title of the Captain America: The First Avenger sequel was announced at the event back in July. Captain America: The Winter Soldier will presumably bring back 'Bucky' (Sebastian Stan) as 'The Winter Soldier' in an adaptation of Ed Brubaker's critically acclaimed arc which saw the character brought back to life as a brainwashed Soviet assassin. The choice of a directing duo in the form of the Russo Brothers (You Me And Dupree, Community) is understandably worrying many, although there are still plenty of other reasons to be excited, including the news that Anthony Mackie (The Adjustment Bureau) has signed up to play The Falcon. Set to be released on April 4th, 2014, Chris Evans has reportedly told Collider's Steven Weintraub when filming on the sequel will begin.

"And for all the Marvel fans...Chris Evans says filming on the CAPTAIN AMERICA sequel begins in March 2013.

— Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) September 10, 2012"

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Chris evans on the winter solider:
http://superherohype.com/news/articles/172647-chris-evans-talks-captain-america-winter-soldier
Chris Evans Talks Captain America: Winter Soldier by Spencer Perry September 12, 2012 Share this story

The return of Bucky and the addition of The Falcon

As we reported yesterday, the sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier starts filming next March, but in an interview with MTV you can already tell that Chris Evans is really excited for what the future holds with Steve Rogers. You can watch the video below.

Evans says he thought that this is what the sequel would be from the start. "There were always hints at that," he said, "The best thing about [Marvel Studios president] Kevin Feige is he's a fan. He's not just a businessman, he's a rabid comic book fan. Even during the first 'Captain America,' well before 'The Avengers,' there were whispers of ['Winter Soldier'] being the sequel. So I'm excited to tackle that."

He also had nothing but nice things to say about his co-stars Sebastian Stan. "I love Sebastian," said the actor. "He's such a great guy." And Anthony Mackie (who will be playing the Falcon), "he's so great," Evans said. "I've known Mackie for a few years now. I'm really happy we got him. We got lucky."

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is set to hit theaters on April 4, 2014.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Anthony mackie talks Captain America: The Winter Soldier:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=67256
Anthony Mackie Talks CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

Confirming his involvement with Marvel Studios' upcoming sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger,Anthony Mackie (The Adjustment Bureau) discusses being cast as 'The Falcon' and how it's a "huge honor" to be playing the first mainstream African-American superhero. Paul Romano - 9/15/2012

Speaking with News Day, actor Anthony Mackie (The Hurt Locker, The Adjustment Bureau) discusses his recent casting as Sam Wilson/The Falcon in Marvel Studios' highly anticipated sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He gives a run down of the character's biography, and reveals that it's a "huge honor" for him to be portraying the first African-American superhero in mainstream comics as well as being somebody that his son, nephews and nieces could idolize. For News Day's full interview with Mackie (in which he discusses the impact that The Hurt Locker has had on his career, among other things), click the link below.

"I’m playing the Falcon. He’s this guy in Harlem who moved to California and became a drug dealer. His plane crashed, and he was genetically altered, and he can fly, has telepathic powers. He’s the first African-American superhero. It makes me feel all the work I’ve done has been paying off. I have a son, nephews and nieces, and I love the idea that they can dress up as the Falcon on Halloween. They now have someone they can idolize. That’s a huge honor for me."

Chris Evans is set to reprise his role as Steve Rogers/Captain America, while Sebastian Stan will return to play Bucky Barnes (who becomes the assassin "Winter Soldier", as suggested by the title). Marvel Studios are currently looking for the film's female lead, with Anna Kendrick (50/50), Imogen Poots (Fright Night) and Felicity Jones (Like Crazy) all said to be up for the unspecified role. Joe and Anthony Russo (Community) are set to direct, while the script was written by Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus. The story picks up "where The Avengers leaves off, as Steve Rogers continues his affiliation with Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) and S.H.I.E.L.D. and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world."

With filming expected to begin in March, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is set to hit theaters April 4th, 2014.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:58 pm

http://latino-review.com/2012/10/12/exclusive-focus-guardians-cast-cap-2/

EXCLUSIVE: The Cast of ‘Cap 2′

SEEKING AGENT 13

Ok, this is going to get a little wonky. We’ve been covering a few shortlists for Captain America 2’s female lead. The assumption on behalf of comics fans is that we’re looking for Agent 13, AKA Sharon Carter, the niece of ‘Captain America: The First Avenger’s Peggy Carter.

The list is Palmer, Poots, Clarke, Brown-Findley and Alison Brie. It’s CONFIRMED that marvel is looking for a character in her 20s with ‘an accent.’ Palmer, Poots, Clarke and Brown-Findley if requested for a screen test will do so with their native accents, Alison Brie will screen test with her British accent (oh, Alison Brie’s British accent and the Inspector Spacetime gag reel outtakes on Community’s Season 3 DVD…). Since the deleted ‘Avengers’ Cap scenes revealed that Peggy was alive and well in the UK, this is consistent with Sharon Carter.

BUT, I have to blow your mind a bit here. List and screen test details aside, the person Marvel has the most traction with right now hasn’t been on any shortlist, because it’s MARY ELIZABETH WINSTEAD.

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors Mew

Seems like it could be her part for the taking if they are holding off on screen testing the list we all blogged about.

THE MEN – VILLAINS?

I’m going to assume that with Anthony Mackey possibly bringing The Falcon to ‘Cap 2,’ Black Widow showing up and Bucky returning as The Winter Soldier that the two “very physical” male parts Marvel is looking to cast are our villains. Then again, if we’re looking at a globe hopping SHIELD adventure, who am I to say that one of these isn’t the new Coulson or whathaveyou?

What we do know is there are two male roles up for grabs. One is an American character and the other is a foreign character, both roles – we cannot stress enough – are physical.

Looks like Marvel likes the idea of pulling from the Game of Thrones wheelhouse (Alan Talor on ‘Thor 2′) because a name shortlisted for one of these parts is Nikolaj Coster Waldau. Nicolaj is up against his Lost counterpart Josh Holloway. Unless this report screws it for them, expect both to be screen tested.

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors Jh-320x400

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors Niko

Also on the list, but more clinging to edge of it from the sound of things is Kevin Durand, who makes a great bad guy (and was the focus of the single surprising moment in ‘Cosmopolis’…and also from ‘Lost’ now that I think about it).

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors KevinDurand

I’m not going to speculate as to who these characters are. I’ll let you Lukin from the Zemos from the Roxxons and the MODOKs.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:09 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:BUT, I have to blow your mind a bit here. List and screen test details aside, the person Marvel has the most traction with right now hasn’t been on any shortlist, because it’s MARY ELIZABETH WINSTEAD.

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors Mew
I'm good with that if that's how it shapes up. I like her in the stuff I've seen her in.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:29 pm

http://latino-review.com/2012/10/23/frank-grillo-play-crossbones-captain-america-winter-soldier/

Frank Grillo Might Play Crossbones In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’
Posted on 10.23.12 by Matt Granados

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors FrankGrilloCropped

Frank Grillo is an actor you might recognize from The Grey and Warrior, although he’s not quiet a household name yet.

According to a series of tweets from himself and a radio DJ, Grillo might play the character of Crossbones in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

He is a baddie henchman of Red Skull, and responsible for helping to hunt down and assassinate Captain America.

Here are the tweets that support this casting/character development:

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors Screen10
'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors Screen11
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:57 pm

Iff mary is picked forr sharon I be happy with that. I too have enjoyed her work in past films she been in. And she has been a name I wanted to see in a marvel or dc film. Also as for supporting roles curious to see who else is in the film. Will those male roles be of comics characters or made for film roles. As for villain sounds like a solid choice to go. Don't know much on crossbones but he sounds like a cool villain.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Some more cast members for winter solider:
http://superherohype.com/news/articles/173407-familiar-marvel-faces-headed-to-captain-america-the-winter-soldier
Familiar Marvel Faces Headed to Captain America: The Winter Soldier by Silas Lesnick October 30, 2012 Share this story

Black Widow, Nick Fury and Maria Hill will all appear

On the heels of word earlier today that Frank Grillo has joined the cast of Captain America: The Winter Soldier comes confirmation, via Variety, that a few familiar S.H.I.E.L.D. agents will be appearing as well. Reprising their roles from Marvel's The Avengers are Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill. Also confirmed to be returning, as was long rumored, is Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes.

The film is slated to star Chris Evans, reprising his role as Steve Rogers/Captain America, and franchise newcomer Anthony Mackie in the role of the Falcon.

Set to be directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is planned to hit theaters on April 4, 2014.

Also frank grillo is confirmed now for crossbones:
http://superherohype.com/news/articles/173403-frank-grillo-confirmed-for-captain-america-the-winter-solider
Frank Grillo Confirmed for Captain America: The Winter Solider by Silas Lesnick October 29, 2012 Share this story

He'll play Crossbones in the Marvel Studios sequel

Rumored last week, Variety has now confirmed that Frank Grillo, who appeared earlier this year in The Grey, will play Brock Rumlow, better known as Crossbones, in Marvel Studios' Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Although the tweets have since been deleted, Grillo himself launched the rumors last Monday when he mentioned a visit to Los Angeles and a meeting with Marvel along with the hashtag "#captainamerica."

First introduced in the comics in the late 1980's, Crossbones is better known today for his major role in Ed Brubaker's modern arc on "Captain America." A highly trained mercenary working for the Red Skull, Crossbones played a major role in the assassination of Steve Rogers following Marvel's "Civil War."

Set to be directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier will star Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie and is planned to hit theaters on April 4, 2014.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:27 pm

Feige on the future of Marvel films. I always figured that Johnston was only going to do the first film because it's been on record that he was hired specifically because of his work on THE ROCKETEER, so it feels right that somebody else would take over to bring Rogers into the 21st century. I like that he's only hiring directors that are suitable for telling the story of certain films, rather than hiring someone to be a creative force for the rest of a characters' franchise like Nolan. Yeah, I'm gonna bring up the Bond comparison again, but this does show that unlike other franchises, MARVEL films are truly a collaborative effort and I believe that with that kind of agenda that the Marvel films will be thriving much longer than any other superhero series.

http://www.chud.com/127471/feige-on-the-evolution-of-marvel-films-sequels-guardians-captain-america-2-thor-2-iron-man-3/

It’s been a pretty horrific slog to get through the first two months of this year, with things finally picking up over the next few weeks. That means we’re now less than two months away from things really picking up, as summer starts early with Iron Man 3 on May 3rd, and from there Marvel starts a new wave of Phase 2 films.

And as we hear the rumors and watch from afar as Warner Bros. figures out their DC superhero film agenda, the difference between a stable of character that are merely overseen by a larger film studio with other interests, and a stable of characters produced by a studio that’s only job is to make movies around them is quite stark (no pun intended). Kevin Fiege is man very much at the center of Marvel’s end of that paradigm, as the producer is one of the primary brains behind everything the studio does, and is as responsible as anyone for Marvel’s shared-universe success on the big screen.

All of this to say that if you’re a Marvel fan, when the man opens his mouth you probably want to hear what comes out. Speaking with SFX magazine, he most recently had some fun things to say THORabout how the Marvel universe is going to evolve, and how some of its upcoming sequels will be different from their predecessors, check it out:

“I wouldn’t say that in a broad sense. The Thor film and the Guardians Of The Galaxy film certainly are cosmic. Guardians and Thor will take the brunt of the cosmic side of the universe, particularly Guardians, which is 95% in space. I think Iron Man 3 shows the other side of Phase 2, which is delving deeper into the characters. Throwing them on a much more personal journey.

And Captain America will showcase… What’s exciting to me about Cap – sort of about Iron Man 3 too if you look at it – is it’s tonally almost like a different genre. Shane Black’s described Iron Man 3 as a Tom Clancy sort of political thriller, which I like a lot. We hired our directors on Cap because they loved our explanation that we really want to make a ’70s political thriller masquerading as a big superhero movie. Just like with the first film – we got Joe Johnston because we said, ‘We want to do a ’40s World War Two movie masquerading as a big superhero movie.’ I love that we’re doing a sequel to a film that’s a completely different genre than the first film. I think that’s fun. And the comics do it all the time.”

url-7He had a bit more to say about Guardians of the Galaxy as well, essentially assuring audiences that their first film will largely be a stand-alone adventure that is not overly concerned with The Avengers or setting up a sequel to the same. So sure they share a universe and might be getting an interesting visit (spoilerish link) when all is said and done, but hopefully that means Guardians won’t suffer from setup syndrome like, say, Iron Man 2.

Definitely worth grabbing the next issue to catch the whole interview- it hits stands on Wednesday.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:45 pm

Well, this part is interesting for one reason:

"He had a bit more to say about Guardians of the Galaxy as well, essentially assuring audiences that their first film will largely be a stand-alone adventure that is not overly concerned with The Avengers or setting up a sequel to the same. So sure they share a universe and might be getting an interesting visit (spoilerish link) when all is said and done, but hopefully that means Guardians won’t suffer from setup syndrome like, say, Iron Man 2."

Rumor is that
Spoiler:

So there is that. Maybe.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:22 pm

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61871

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Is Now Underway!!
Published at: April 8, 2013, 12:01 p.m. CST Share On Facebook Twitter

CAPTAIN AMERICA:THE WINTER SOLDIER, the sequel to Joe Johnston's 2011 CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER, is now rolling. Per THIS announcement at Marvel!

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier” returns Chris Evans (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Marvel’s The Avengers”) as the iconic super hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America, along with Scarlett Johansson (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Iron Man 2”) as Black Widow and Samuel L. Jackson (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Iron Man 2”) as Nick Fury. In addition, film icon Robert Redford has joined the all-star cast as Agent Alexander Pierce, a senior leader within the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization. “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” is set for release in the U.S. on April 4, 2014.

The announcement goes on to indicate...

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will pick-up where “Marvel’s The Avengers” left off, as Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a. Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.

Here's a shot from marvel commemorating the start of production.

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors Capam2_large

I hugely enjoyed THE FIRST AVENGER and, while I'm still a touch saddened that Johnston won't be back, I'm really eager to see what they come up with here. I mean, hell, Redford in a superhero movie should be a sight to behold, if nothing else. Right?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:33 pm

Did anybody see what Captain America's suit is POTENTIALLY going to look like in 'Winter Soldier'? (Spoiler tags, just in case....)

Spoiler:
I don't get the reason for the change?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:34 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I don't get the reason for the change?
Action figures and whatnot. I've read credible stuff indicating that the main reason for the redesigned armor suits in Iron Man 2 was done primarily so that the toy companies can have something new to sell. It plays with Iron Man because Tony is probably always developing new stuff. And was anybody really in love with that outfit from the Amazing Spider-Man? So no problems there. But as much as we'd all love to think the "toyetic" philosophy died with the 90's, it just isn't true.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Falcon concept art:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62005

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' News/Rumors Marvel-falcon_large
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Looks good to me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next