Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

+5
Apologist Puncher
Rduce
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
non_amos
9 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 4 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:07 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:That much, I agree with. Between the fish scale texture, the general shine of the material and the piping, I wonder that the design of the thing might be too busy.

It's a head-scratching addition, to say the least.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 4 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:23 pm

i hope its just costume's design seems.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:25 pm

webhead2006 wrote:i hope its just costume's design seems.

Look at them.

Closely this time.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Now that I think about it, the piping on the arms and legs would tend to be of a piece with the wrist material evident in the picture.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:36 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Now that I think about it, the piping on the arms and legs would tend to be of a piece with the wrist material evident in the picture.

The one's on his wrists appear to be almost military in design:

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 4 Sergeant%20stripes
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:39 pm

*sigh*

If that's so, it ain't hard to figure where this comes from. Part of me is wondering now that Superman's outfit will be what the Kryptonian army wore and now he wears it because Chris Nolan needs a functional answer to everything instead of just accepting these things at face value, hence 10 or 15 minutes of screen time over-explaining where Bruce got his fucking Batman gear.

Oy...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:43 pm

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 4 1juot010

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 4 Sergeant%20stripes

See what I mean?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:05 am

That didn't even occur to me. When I saw that in the pic, I just thought it was wrinkles but I also didn't understand why a Superman suit would even have wrinkles. Certainly Cavill had trained enough, no? However, if you think about the 'Earth-2' design, Earth-2 Supes was pictured having 'creases' or something right there at his wrists. Could this be a twist on that? I mean, 'the 'S' shield is already like a dead giveaway, so why not the sleeves?

I've posted in the past how I think they ought to make Superman 'tough' like the Earth-2 version. However, I didn't know they added MIND-READING to their talents! How did they know how I felt about that?! Or more likely, did they take to duh Internets to 'gauge' how the fans felt? Remember our old friend 'Steve', the one & only Archangel? Didn't he insinuate that 'TPTB' read our comments or something? Or online comments in general? Maybe someone did read the general synopsis of Earth-2 Supes & decided to make the new Superman like that?! At least in some ways?! Maybe not 'Earth-2' per se as in parallel universes but rather in Superman's appearance, temperament, etc.?

Snyder, just remember, that version was not a boy scout! But I also thought of something else. Could duh parasite heirs have any part in this? Remember, WB had to get a film in theaters by 2013 or stand to lose a lot of money to duh parasites or some such. So could they have any creative control at all here?! And look what DC is doing with Action Comics. It just kinda makes you wonder.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:12 am

well hopefully in clearer shots we can see what the dam stuff is, i at first thought the wrists area was just ruffles/wrinkle like if it was you know spandex like material where things wrinkle in certain bends on body and all that. I didnt see at first that military train of thought as you guys brought up. i wouldnt mind if the suit came from a kryptonian design clark makes or have some kryptonian tech that can do that. but really the only reason behind suit they need to explain is that he designs the suit to be bright and bold to make him be a symbol and all that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:32 am

non_amos wrote:Maybe someone did read the general synopsis of Earth-2 Supes & decided to make the new Superman like that?! At least in some ways?! Maybe not 'Earth-2' per se as in parallel universes but rather in Superman's appearance, temperament, etc.?

Snyder, just remember, that version was not a boy scout!
He was ready, willing and able to use his fists, arguably more so than the Earth 1 version. But apart from that minor difference and their power level, I can't say that the two of them are drastically different characters.

But I also thought of something else. Could duh parasite heirs have any part in this? Remember, WB had to get a film in theaters by 2013 or stand to lose a lot of money to duh parasites or some such.
Pretty much, yeah. Apparently the ruling was that the parasites would have some kind of greater degree of standing to file a lawsuit. That's my understanding anyway.

The Apologists, not understanding the importance of nuance in legal matters, think WB was ordered by the courts to make a movie. To my knowledge, that ain't the case.

So could they have any creative control at all here?! And look what DC is doing with Action Comics. It just kinda makes you wonder.
I've wondered about that. Not sure what influence they could exert right now. It may be in the production's best interest to avoid, say, prolonged depictions of Krypton (although I wonder even about that) but I can't think of any action the parasites could take to affect the substance or creative input of the movie. But then (A) I'm not a lawyer and (B) I'm not aware of all the details of the myriad decisions that have been handed down.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:31 am

It had to happen! Eunuch has given his own 'review' of the new suit. First, the actual 'article' he wrote:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/movies/movies.php?topic=mos-costume

My Thoughts on the "Man of Steel" Superman Costume
Henry Cavill as Superman By Steve Younis

Dates:
Initial Reaction: August 5, 2011

In this article I'm going to be examining, in detail, the Superman costume for the up-coming movie "Man of Steel". I did the same thing back in April 2005 when we were shown the first photo of Brandon Routh as Superman for "Superman Returns".

Initial Reaction: At this point in time we've only seen one photo of Henry Cavill in the costume. Compared to the first photo we saw of Brandon Routh for "Superman Returns", this photo is a dynamic action shot that is eye-catching, while still leaving much of the costume unseen, making discussion about its design a hot topic amongst fans.

THE CAPE
Cape Initial Reaction

It's a little difficult in this photo to tell how red the cape is, but it looks much brighter and redder than the cape from "Superman Returns". It also appears to be cloth, rather than the rubbery material used in Brandon Routh's costume.

The cape in this photo appears to be very long. However I'm sure they will have different capes for different scenarios in the film, be it a walking cape, flying cape, standing cape, etc...

We don't know if there's a yellow version of the "S" emblem on the back... I'm not too fussed either way. I'd prefer to see it there, but it's not essential.

With the "Superman Returns" costume my biggest problem with the cape, and in part with the whole look of the costume, was in the way the cape joined onto the costume. I have no such qualms with the "Man of Steel" costume. In fact I'm loving the design of this part of the costume. The cape at the shoulders is perfect. It really adds a regality to the character's over all look. From this initial look, it appears as though they got the cape 100% right in my opinion.

THE BODY
Material Initial Reaction

Once again, due to the lighting in the photo it is very difficult to tell just how blue the main part of the costume really is. It appears to be somewhat muted and less vibrant than the blue in either Christopher Reeve's or Brandon Routh's costume. However I'll reserve my judgement on the color of the blue until I see further images.

The neckline appears to be perfect. It's not too low, and not too high. It allows the cape to connect on at what I think is the ideal position for a Superman costume and allows the cape to drape over the shoulders.

As with the "Superman Returns" costume, the material appears to have a small repeating shield pattern. Although this version appears to be much more prominent. It almost has a scaly look to it. Now if this is Kryptonian material or technology, then fine... but I do prefer a more simple, straight blue material. It doesn't look bad here, but I'm not sold on it at first glance.

There also appears to be extra design features to the sleeves near the wrists, and on the legs around the thighs. It's hard to tell in this initial photo just what those designs or features are, but they seem fairly subtle regardless.

THE "S" SHIELD
S Shield Initial Reaction

Where many fans complained about the size of the "S" for "Superman Returns," there seems to be no complaints about the size of this "S" for "Man of Steel". It looks nice and large and fits nicely across the chest.

Once again the "S" has been given a solid presence rather than just being part of the fabric of the costume. While it appears to be made out of the same fabric as the rest of the costume, it does have a slightly raised appearance. However it is no where near as solid-looking or as rigid in appearance as the "Superman Returns" shield.

The design of the "S" is quite different. Well, it actually harkens back to the Golden Age Superman "S" shield design, and has a very retro feel to it. The flourish on the top-right of the "S" is very similar to the Golden Age "S" shield and over all the shield reminds me somewhat of the George Reeves costume. I quite like it.

THE BELT
Belt Initial Reaction

Due to the shadow in this first photo released, it's almost impossible to make any comment on the belt. You can hardly see it. It does appear to have an oval metallic buckle. It appears to be gold, although it's hard to tell. Whether the rest of the belt is a similar color or not I can't say. Whether it has any design elements or not remains to be seen.

THE BRIEFS
Briefs Initial Reaction

There doesn't appear to be any red briefs. It looks like they've totally removed this element from the "Man of Steel" costume. But I could be wrong. Once again the lighting in the first image released make it very difficult to tell. I'm a fan of the red briefs. I think they're an important part of the costume. They're not a deal breaker, but I'd personally prefer they were included. I'll have to wait for a clearer image to make a more informed judgment.

THE BOOTS
Initial Reaction

I've always preferred that Superman's boots be of a similar material to the rest of his costume, and here (although it's once again hard to tell) they appear to be just like that. We can only see one of his boots in the initial photo released, and even then that boot is in shadows. What we can see is that the shape of the boot appears to be true to the design used in most comic books. The top of the boot sits high on the shin. Whether it has any special embellishments to its texture or not will have to wait for brighter photos.

HENRY CAVILL
Head/Hair Initial Reaction

Now for the man wearing the costume...

In all honesty, I wasn't even sure this was Henry Cavill when I first saw the photo. Having seen a lot of photos and video interviews with him since he was cast in the role, this photo doesn't really do him justice.

The hairstyle in this photo doesn't scream Superman. They've really brushed it back and there's no spit-curl on his forehead. That's not really a big deal, and the angle of his pose may be misleading somewhat.

I've really come to like Cavill, and think he'll make a great Superman. In body he's quite muscular, probably as buff as what we've come to expect from Superman when in comparison to what we see in the comics. Again his pose, body position and lighting of the photo make it hard to see any muscular definition.

IN CONCLUSION
As with "Superman Returns," the release of this first image of Henry Cavill for "Man of Steel" sent the fandom into a frenzy. The comments across the internet were flying thick and fast. In general, and from the look of our own poll, most fans reacted in a positive way towards this first photo.

I've got to say that I was very impressed with the fact that they released a dynamic action photo rather than just a plain standing pose. It's obvious that a lot of thought and effort went into the composition of this photo. It's exciting for what it shows, and just as frustrating for everything it doesn't show. The light and shadow play in this photo was obviously done intentionally. The left hand and the cape draped over Cavill's left leg are purposely obscuring that side of his body so as not to reveal too much of the costume's design. The shadowing of the lower portion of his body, the waist down to his thighs and right boot are all darkened so as not to give too much away. It's expertly done. They've left us wanting more.

Steve Younis

Of course he included the pics which I can't. Anyway, if you're interested in apologists response, here's the link for that:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10132#comments

Only a handful of comments so far but I'm sure it'll escalate into the usual drivel. So what are you guys' thoughts on duh Eunuch?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:39 am

I suspect he'll "revisit" the costume if (A) prevailing opinion on the Eunuch page turns against the costume or (B) the Apologists finally mutiny and he has no ready replacement for them as far as ad revenue goes after he's forced to alienate them in an attempt to maintain good standing with the production. Both are obviously determined by dollars.

That's my hunch but maybe he'll prove me wrong.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:53 am

well its nice to hear he too "now" had issues with the SR suit, do you have any links to articles he did when SR suit first came out to compare? also man it would be a dream to see the "singerman" fans finally turn tail and leave his site, wonder what would happen then.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 am

In reference to that link I posted for duh comments:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10132#comments

Check out this nugget:

#31 | alsays on August 8, 2011 9:56am EST
with all those clamoring for the inclusion of the hot pants...I just want it on record (just in case some Snyder folks are reading)... I would love that the briefs are retired. They are a dated look and just plain silly. This won't have any effect on the quality of the film what so ever. There is no practical reason for a grown man to be walking around with underwear outside of his pants. Why is everyone so fascinated with the guys crotch area anyway? Let it go people...lets let Superman grow up and come into the 21st century.

I'm sure there's other 'words of wisdom' on there but that's the most recent as of this writing & a true 'gem'. Laughing

Surprisingly I found a comment that actually makes sense, except for maybe the trunks:

#21 | kllel78 on August 8, 2011 7:50am EST
Nice write up Steve. I disagree about the pic not doing Cavill justice though. I think he looks powerful! The intense expression says he's all business and ready to pound something to me. He's got a George Reeves Superman vibe going on which I am pleasantly surprised about and was not expecting at all. One other thing that I think stands out is he looks mature enough to be Superman. That's one thing Routh lacked as well I thought. He looked too young. I'm a fan of the trunks too and I hope they include them but it wont be a deal breaker for me by any means if they don't. I think the action packed pic was a genius move on there part. So far they've got the right idea in the marketing department.

So in the rebooted Superman's favor, we have an 'Earth-2' vibe going on (for some unknown reason). Everyone & their cousin seems to be noticing this in the 'S' shield. Cavill is also being compared to George Reeves in his appearance. Actually if Superman is portrayed anything like that in the reboot then we should have a tough Superman! No disrespect to Christopher Reeve btw. He's still the 'quentissential Superman' so to speak. The 'boy scout' is no doubt important to a point but by the same token, I also believe it's one reason that fans have become bored with the character. 'I just wanna see Superman punch something!' seems to be how fans now feel! And keep in mind, I'm sure Snyder is also very familiar with the TV series so he may very well be 'emulating' it somewhat. That version was portrayed as tough & would punch you out in a heartbeat! Ya know what though? That was a 50's era TV show so they obviously had limited effects, budget, etc., so they had to work with what they had. But suppose Snyder applies a similar concept, only he has the resources that the old TV show didn't. Snyder did say that they were doing a different Superman, right? But that doesn't mean that he can't be influenced by what has come before.

Also, I'm sure this is gonna creep into discussions more & more until there's official confirmation one way or the other but I feel like there will be a new Superman theme! Oh sure, duh apologists continually cry for the Williams theme but I have a feeling it'll be something different. Whether it's better or not, who knows? But at least it'll fit this Superman.

Also, good point made about the marketing department. WB seems to be wanting to present this in a better light than they did Singerman. Fans are also complaining that we've got to wait nearly 2 years now but I hope WB uses this to their advantage. Don't do a 'last-minute' campaign like with Green Lantern. Use this time wisely. Build up for the next 22 months! Hopefully if WB approaches this right, then THE MAN OF STEEL will be the 'must-see' film for the summer of 2013 & who knows, maybe we'll even get TDK numbers?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:22 am

Good points man. Ya as for the trunks there is logical reasons they are included in superman design. Those fans are forgetting. As for theme I see no reason why it would be williams again. As great and as much as I love that thene. Snyder has made it clear this is a different film from top to bottom. Also speaking of other behind the scenes stuff. What effects company are you guys hoping snyder/wb goes with. Personally hope it will be ilm/weta my top favs. Don't really want sony imageworks they have there good times but also there bad times. Or maybe one of those smaller inhouse effects groups?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:43 am

non_amos wrote:'I just wanna see Superman punch something!' seems to be how fans now feel! And keep in mind, I'm sure Snyder is also very familiar with the TV series so he may very well be 'emulating' it somewhat. That version was portrayed as tough & would punch you out in a heartbeat! Ya know what though? That was a 50's era TV show so they obviously had limited effects, budget, etc., so they had to work with what they had. But suppose Snyder applies a similar concept, only he has the resources that the old TV show didn't. Snyder did say that they were doing a different Superman, right? But that doesn't mean that he can't be influenced by what has come before.
There's a perception out there that Superman would never punch a regular human in the face. We can debate the source(s) of that but it's how some people feel. Problem is... IT JUST AIN'T TRUE. There are TV show episodes, animated show episodes and comics aplenty where Superman is perfectly willing to knock a regular human into the middle of next week and make him say "thank you" when he arrives. It's a strictly non-lethal thing, of course, but he still has done it.

If this is the route Snyder wants to go with Superman, I won't say one word to criticize it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:20 pm

I find it amazing how many people call themselves fans, but want Superman to become part of the 21st century. These trolls cannot possible be called “fans”, because they haven’t a clue on what makes Superman the iconic figure he has been for all these years.

Making a movie about a different Superman is fine if you are not following the same paths that Singer tread. The 50’s TV show had a more of a golden era Superman, which was fine. A rough and tumble Superman has been needed for sometime now.

But, where filmmakers run into trouble, in my opinion, is they try to bring these characters realistically into “our current world”, which is insanity. There are no superheroes, which is primarily why DC has kept Superman out of each and every war that America has engaged in since he was born. Supes could have taken care of WWII in a single afternoon.

We, as viewers, have to be transported to his Universe, not ours and in doing so he has to be left to be who he is and not some projection of what we want him to be in our contemporary world. It will never work and as much I want him to have his red trunks and a big yellow “S” on the back of his cape, I’m sure I will be disappointed, because that just isn’t 2011, 12 or 13.

Hopefully, any other decisions made to modernize him will be thoughtfully and reverently left to source material and if not, does anyone have a kryptonite condom??

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:58 pm

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 4 Clap10
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:10 pm

Totally rduce you have a good point. Now I don't have an issue if they want to protay the world at first as a realistic place, and the normal convensions of physics and all that. But in a cbm we need to see the strange/out there and wild stuff too. They can have people be realistic and the world at first presented as that. Bit still have the weird and zany stuff able to happen or the world is presented as the world around us is now. But when supers/villains start showing up and attacking we bring in the more fantasy driven elements.only certain characters should be taken at a more real world approach to a degree like batman or punisher.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:54 pm

webhead2006 wrote:only certain characters should be taken at a more real world approach to a degree like batman or punisher.
I would argue how well the approach works for Batman. All that approach has done for me is emphasize how fantasy-oriented Batman and his rogue's gallery truly are.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:14 pm

Batman has struck a cord in film goers, mainly I believe, because of how frustrated current people are with everything in the world. The world is on the brink and people really want to go out and beat the hell out of the bad guys. We can’t, but we can take great pleasure in watching Bats do it and you are right some of Batman’s criminal lineup would look really sad and silly in a film. Anyone recall Mr. Freeze from that fiasco Batman and Robin?

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Rduce wrote:I find it amazing how many people call themselves fans, but want Superman to become part of the 21st century. These trolls cannot possible be called “fans”, because they haven’t a clue on what makes Superman the iconic figure he has been for all these years.

Making a movie about a different Superman is fine if you are not following the same paths that Singer tread. The 50’s TV show had a more of a golden era Superman, which was fine. A rough and tumble Superman has been needed for sometime now.

But, where filmmakers run into trouble, in my opinion, is they try to bring these characters realistically into “our current world”, which is insanity. There are no superheroes, which is primarily why DC has kept Superman out of each and every war that America has engaged in since he was born. Supes could have taken care of WWII in a single afternoon.

We, as viewers, have to be transported to his Universe, not ours and in doing so he has to be left to be who he is and not some projection of what we want him to be in our contemporary world. It will never work and as much I want him to have his red trunks and a big yellow “S” on the back of his cape, I’m sure I will be disappointed, because that just isn’t 2011, 12 or 13.

Hopefully, any other decisions made to modernize him will be thoughtfully and reverently left to source material and if not, does anyone have a kryptonite condom??

I have a theory about why any film representation of Superman will NEVER satisfy everyone ever again, and I am going to post it at the Blog soon.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Rduce wrote:Batman has struck a cord in film goers, mainly I believe, because of how frustrated current people are with everything in the world. The world is on the brink and people really want to go out and beat the hell out of the bad guys. We can’t, but we can take great pleasure in watching Bats do it and you are right some of Batman’s criminal lineup would look really sad and silly in a film. Anyone recall Mr. Freeze from that fiasco Batman and Robin?

Which is why the people in charge of the previous 'Punisher' movies were so stupid. I'd say Frank Castle is an even BETTER representation of people's desire to "fight back", and he doesn't do it by dressing up in body armor from head to toe, and using non-existent gadgets. He uses guns. I really don't understand why they have been so short-sighted when it comes to 'The Punisher'.

I could help make a gritty, kick-ass 'Punisher' film if given the chance. Seriously.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:55 am

Rduce, one problem with Singerman was that Singer wanted to put the story in the 'post-911' era. In other words, while Singerman was gone for 5 years looking for Krapton, he allowed 9/11 to happen in his absence. But what lunacy would've motivated Singer to do that?! That brings politics & such into the equation. I don't believe this is a position that SUPERMAN needs to be in.

I think TV Guide described the 1st Reeve film accurately back in the day. I remember looking up listings back in the late 80's & on the Disney Channel I saw listed Superman: the Movie. But what genre did they describe the film as? Drama? No. Action? No. Sci-Fi? No. They simply described it as FANTASY. Like colors pointed out recently, 'reality' works for MARVEL characters because they're basically presented that way anyway. However, DC characters need the fantasy element.

If you throw Superman into 9/11, terrorism, etc., you're just opening a can of worms. Believe me, I know, because at duh Homopage I recall this being hotly debated & me being 'caught in the middle' sometimes. Better to leave Superman to the 'fantasy' realm & leave politics & everything else out of it! As a matter of fact, it might wouldn't hurt if whoever replaces Nolan would do likewise with Batman. Now, don't make it campy again like the Adam West TV show but at least allow it to have access to the entire rogues gallery for crying out loud!

Ya know, it's funny. People are plagued with continual problems, duh economy, etc., so you'd think they'd want their films to be the ESCAPE that they're meant to be. But nooooo! Instead they wanna go to their SUPERHERO FILM & see how said heroes deal with terrorism, duh economy, etc. Do you see anything wrong with this picture? Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:35 am

You are so correct, but these idiots that feel they know what is best do not think that in this day and age FANTASY has any place in superhero films. Yet, when you try to bring a DC character, other than Batman, into today’s reality they are going to fail each and every time.

In Superman the Movie, Donner knew this and he made no attempt to bring him to our world, we were transported to his. In Superman IV, they tried to bring a sense of reality to the screen with Superman removing all the nuclear weapons from the Earth. However, once you walked out of the theater, the threat of nuclear war was still very much a possibility and which in a small part helped sink that film; along with as bad a script as SR and with SFX that the old 50’s Adventures of Superman would snicker at.

Fantasy and reality should never cross paths and which is why they never bring Superman any other foe to fight other than Luther or Zod. They cannot imagine that any one is going to believe that a creature like DOOMSDAY would be convincing enough to fit into a contemporary film story line. So we get Luther time after time, or the General because he is an evil version of Superman.

They are making a multi-million dollar movie about an alien sent to Earth who becomes a being that is indestructible, strength beyond comprehension and flies. Yet the film producers don’t think that film goers are progressive enough to also suspend disbelieve so that a second super powered alien named Darkseid may also exist.

Hell, if Superman had been a Japanese creation, you can damn well bet that he and Godzilla would have tangled at some point I can almost assure you. How well do you think the Lord of the Rings would have done if those films had been reality based?

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next