Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Superman/ Batman: Worlds' Finest" Trailer

4 posters

Go down

"Superman/ Batman: Worlds' Finest" Trailer Empty "Superman/ Batman: Worlds' Finest" Trailer

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:30 am

Not sure if everyone has seen this, so here it is just in case:

What do you think?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

"Superman/ Batman: Worlds' Finest" Trailer Empty Re: "Superman/ Batman: Worlds' Finest" Trailer

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:04 am

Wow, Superman and Batman are written (mostly) in character, they look the way they ought to look and neither are played by actors who annoy the piss out of me.

There was a time (ie, when that trailer was first released) when none of the above were remarkable events... but those days are long gone.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

"Superman/ Batman: Worlds' Finest" Trailer Empty Re: "Superman/ Batman: Worlds' Finest" Trailer

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:11 pm

It was pretty cool. I remember when it first went online yrs ago.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Something else, I believe the Superman actor up there auditioned for Singerman. The casting director(s) loved him, loved his line readings, his build, etc. Loved all of it.

But he didn't get the job.

At the time, I was utterly mystified by that. "How could you not at least call him back for a second audition? The guy's awesome as physical appearances go and he can be coached to be a better actor. The look is spot on!"

Now that we've all seen Singerman... yeah, I can see why that guy got completely overlooked. Makes sense now.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:00 pm

webhead2006 wrote:It was pretty cool. I remember when it first went online yrs ago.

Of course you do. The rest of us just aren't as "hip" I guess...

I posted for those who HADN'T seen it. Nowhere did I claim it was something "new".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:03 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Something else, I believe the Superman actor up there auditioned for Singerman. The casting director(s) loved him, loved his line readings, his build, etc. Loved all of it.

But he didn't get the job.

At the time, I was utterly mystified by that. "How could you not at least call him back for a second audition? The guy's awesome as physical appearances go and he can be coached to be a better actor. The look is spot on!"

Now that we've all seen Singerman... yeah, I can see why that guy got completely overlooked. Makes sense now.

It's because he wasn't a skinny, pseudo-Reeve "clone".

BS had his fantas.. I mean "vision", and was going to stick to it no matter WHAT.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:59 am

Ap i was just saying i remember it before and its still cool what the heck is wrong with what i said.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:12 am

webhead2006 wrote:Ap i was just saying i remember it before and its still cool what the heck is wrong with what i said.

It's what you ALWAYS SAY. Who cares when YOU saw it? It was posted for those who HAVEN'T seen it before. And it doesn't end there...

Nobody follows-up YOUR posts with: "i was going to post this earlier but i didnt because of blah blah blah". Want to know why? Because it's RUDE, that's why! Don't try to "diminish" what someone else posts by trying to make it seem like YOU were somehow there "first", even though YOU didn't post the info.

Comment on the actual info posted, and leave all your "me me me's" out. Unless it's funny. Then it's fine.

And if I'm wrong, let's hear some of the other poster's here tell me I'm wrong.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Superman/ Batman: Worlds' Finest" Trailer Empty RE: "Superman/Batman: Worlds' Finest" Trailer

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:01 am

I just watched that on Youtube & I'm fairly certain I saw that some time ago or something very similar anyway. I have some links in my 'Favorites' to OTHER fan-made trailers but first I'll have to find them & it's late now. Just one request though. I've noticed you guys are 'imbedding' these Youtube links or something. I've never done that. I usually just post a link to something. Any pointers on HOW to do that properly? Just post it & I'll see what I can do to get those other vids on here.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 am

non_amos wrote:I just watched that on Youtube & I'm fairly certain I saw that some time ago or something very similar anyway. I have some links in my 'Favorites' to OTHER fan-made trailers but first I'll have to find them & it's late now. Just one request though. I've noticed you guys are 'imbedding' these Youtube links or something. I've never done that. I usually just post a link to something. Any pointers on HOW to do that properly? Just post it & I'll see what I can do to get those other vids on here.
Non_Amos (assuming that is your real name), there should be a button you can click which kinda sorta looks like frames from a film reel. Click on it, paste in the YouTube link, click "Send", eat candy bar.

As to the fan stuff in general... it's pretty hit and miss. I saw a Batman video a year or three ago in French (of all things) that was shot in a sort of Sin City/The Spirit style. Apart from it being in an unfamiliar (to me anyway) language and some pretty obvious canon departures, I liked it in terms of style, pacing and tone. It's pretty much the complete opposite of everything Chris Nolan is going for. Hell, he'd probably shit himself if he watched it. Anyway. So that one's pretty good.

Tomorrow's Memoir (a non-Superman Superman fan film) is pretty good too.

Dead End, apart from the stupid Alien/Predator shit, also rules.

But in general, I'm not high on fan films.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Check out the Batman Misc. section for the trailer colors mentioned.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Superman/ Batman: Worlds' Finest" Trailer Empty RE: "Superman/Batman: Worlds' Finest" Trailer

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:34 pm

In reference to the Worlds' Finest Trailer, that's Michael O'Hearn playing Superman. He's a bodybuiler who of course has been accused of 'steroids vs. natural' crapola. He's also been on American Gladiators. I haven't fully researched it yet but did a quick Google search. But get this. Some time ago when this first came out, the idiots at duh Homopage argued about the USE of O'Hearn. He was TOO musclebound! It's OK for Supes to look like that in the comics but in a FILM he SHOULD look like Christopher Reeve's physique.....or even worse.....Brandon 'BJ' Routhman! No disrespect to Reeve but BJ?! I guess we KNOW where duh apologists are 'cumming' from, huh?! Laughing

In reality the acting is better in that quick fan-film than I would've expected & O'Hearn made a physically IMPOSING Superman! I'm sure he won't actually GET the role in the reboot but SOMEONE with that type of physique SHOULD get it! NUFF SAID!

Last edited by non_amos on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:16 pm

I'll try this to see if it works or not. The fan-film is called GRAYSON & I liked it pretty good. Pay special attention to the guy playing Superman. Although his physique isn't quite muscular enough, he does seem to have the height/stature & he LOOKS like a man. He reminds me in the face of Alex Ross Kingdom Come Superman. Well, here goes.

Last edited by non_amos on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:22 pm

Non, I fixed it for you. What you want to do is type [youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQyfQ7RMOXs [/youtube] (or whatever the video URL is). Be sure to delete the spaces in there before and after the URL. That's what inserts a video into a post.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:23 am

non_amos wrote:

I'll try this to see if it works or not. The fan-film is called GRAYSON & I liked it pretty good. Pay special attention to the guy playing Superman. Although his physique isn't quite muscular enough, he does seem to have the height/stature & he LOOKS like a man. he reminds me in the face of Alex Ross Kingdom Come Superman. Well, here goes.

They could have put more than $25 towards their Superman costume though....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:

I'll try this to see if it works or not. The fan-film is called GRAYSON & I liked it pretty good. Pay special attention to the guy playing Superman. Although his physique isn't quite muscular enough, he does seem to have the height/stature & he LOOKS like a man. he reminds me in the face of Alex Ross Kingdom Come Superman. Well, here goes.

They could have put more than $25 towards their Superman costume though....

Agreed. The Superman costume could've been better. It looks like they were going for the REEVE type of look but apparently the costume itself could've been done better but hey, it STILL beats Singerman! This may not have been as WELL made as the one with Michael O'Hearn but I still enjoy it. This is obviously at a future point where Batman has been murdered & Robin is grown up. Apologist spoiler alert! Duh apologists complain that Dick Grayson should've been NIGHTWING instead at this point. While there may be SOME truth in that statement, maybe the makers went with Robin for a REASON? Like maybe the general public DOESN'T know about Nightwing but they DO about Robin? It could be as simple as that. If you'll also notice, it's ADAM WEST in the photo which is altered to show an adult Robin.

So did any of you guys LIKE this fan-film? I'll admit that it has some 'disjointed' feel to it, like what are Wonder Woman & Green Lantern doing there anyway? I can SEE Clark Kent/Superman being there because of his friendship with Batman but it did seem like some characters are just thrown in for good measure, while characters like Luthor are noticeably absent. However, the gist of the plot basically seems to have Dick Grayson finally FED UP with grieving & then being willing to DO something about it. Clark/Supes seems to be a little on the 'dark side' so I don't understand THAT part exactly. For the most part though I really enjoy this trailer. The guy playing Clark/Supes may be a little wooden in his acting, his costume may be cheap, & he might could pack on some additional muscle but..........in the FACE, he HAS the Superman look! Albeit an aged Superman, like Alex Ross' KC Supes or even the Earth-2 Supes, but he has the strong face like Superman SHOULD have. Our dear ol' friend 'BJ' didn't!

There's a SMALLVILLE-based fan-film I had saved somewhere if I can find it but it used Ang Lee's Hulk as the basis for DARKSEID! However, it was pretty good too but I'll have to try & find it.

EDIT TO ADD: If you right-click on the Youtube vids you can watch it on Youtube itself & maximize the screen. I'm sure some already know this but for those who don't.....

Last edited by non_amos on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info.)
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:57 pm

That grayson one was pretty neat.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:38 pm

non_amos wrote:Agreed. The Superman costume could've been better. It looks like they were going for the REEVE type of look but apparently the costume itself could've been done better but hey, it STILL beats Singerman! This may not have been as WELL made as the one with Michael O'Hearn but I still enjoy it. This is obviously at a future point where Batman has been murdered & Robin is grown up. Apologist spoiler alert! Duh apologists complain that Dick Grayson should've been NIGHTWING instead at this point. While there may be SOME truth in that statement, maybe the makers went with Robin for a REASON? Like maybe the general public DOESN'T know about Nightwing but they DO about Robin? It could be as simple as that. If you'll also notice, it's ADAM WEST in the photo which is altered to show an adult Robin.

So did any of you guys LIKE this fan-film? I'll admit that it has some 'disjointed' feel to it, like what are Wonder Woman & Green Lantern doing there anyway? I can SEE Clark Kent/Superman being there because of his friendship with Batman but it did seem like some characters are just thrown in for good measure, while characters like Luthor are noticeably absent. However, the gist of the plot basically seems to have Dick Grayson finally FED UP with grieving & then being willing to DO something about it. Clark/Supes seems to be a little on the 'dark side' so I don't understand THAT part exactly. For the most part though I really enjoy this trailer. The guy playing Clark/Supes may be a little wooden in his acting, his costume may be cheap, & he might could pack on some additional muscle but..........in the FACE, he HAS the Superman look! Albeit an aged Superman, like Alex Ross' KC Supes or even the Earth-2 Supes, but he has the strong face like Superman SHOULD have. Our dear ol' friend 'BJ' didn't!

There's a SMALLVILLE-based fan-film I had saved somewhere if I can find it but it used Ang Lee's Hulk as the basis for DARKSEID! However, it was pretty good too but I'll have to try & find it.

EDIT TO ADD: If you right-click on the Youtube vids you can watch it on Youtube itself & maximize the screen. I'm sure some already know this but for those who don't.....

I thought it was ok. Not bad, but didn't knock my socks off either.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down