Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman Filming Timeline & SPOILERS?

5 posters

Go down

Superman Filming Timeline & SPOILERS? Empty Superman Filming Timeline & SPOILERS?

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:53 pm

From Duh HomoPage.

I'm getting a Superman The Movie vibe from the first part of this. Not good...

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9071

January 7, 2011: Production Timeline for Superman Film?

Collider.com received word from one of their sources claiming to have a rough schedule layout for the production of Zack Snyder's Superman movie.
Principle Photography begins 22 August 2011 and shooting will run until April 2012. "Superman" will enter Post-Production May 1, 2012 and will continue until November 2012 set for release in Mid-December 2012 (14th - 21st) [Date still TBC].

Principle Photography will start in [Location TBC] which will act as "Smallville" and will film for about 40 days for 4 scenes: [HOMECOMING], [FUTURE DISCUSSION], [SHIP DISCOVERY] and [FUNERAL].

Filming will then move to [Location TBC] where the majority of filming takes place. Shooting here will last Mid-September until Early January 2012.

Filming will then move to the European and Asian continents as well as the Middle East for minor shoots from January 5th to mid February 2012.

Filming will then move to a UK Studio until late April 2012 for interior shoots and set shoots before entering Post-Production on May 1.

Remember, this is all unconfirmed rumor from a source who contacted Collider.com. Visit their site for further details and speculation on this schedule.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Superman Filming Timeline & SPOILERS? Empty Re: Superman Filming Timeline & SPOILERS?

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Was going to post it earlier but been away fron my laptop all day. On my cell. It does seem a pretty logical time frame for filing/post production dates. Can't wait to see if its true or not.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Superman Filming Timeline & SPOILERS? Empty Re: Superman Filming Timeline & SPOILERS?

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:08 pm

I thought the window for principal photography was CRAZY. That said, it does seem to line up pretty well Snyder's other commitments.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:19 am

webhead2006 wrote:Was going to post it earlier but been away fron my laptop all day. On my cell.

Why do you always do this? You DIDN'T post it, so shut the f*ck up about what you were "going to" do.

I posted it.

It does seem a pretty logical time frame for filing/post production dates. Can't wait to see if its true or not.

Logical?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:30 pm

AP i said logical timeframe because we know they have to be filming before the yr is out. And to make a winter 2012 release a mid/late summer start date would be needed. So if they are filming any time between july/aug with how most films like these are shot. They would need usually a good 3-5month peroid for shooting. Which would then bring us to like dec/jan time frame from shooting would likely end and they go into post production/reshoot peroid which would take up the rest of 2012 to film release date if it stays winter 2012.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:57 pm

looks like collider has some more spoilers/rumors on filming/location:
http://collider.com/superman-man-of-steel-production-schedule/68680/
To follow up on the confusion surrounding my tip off about the Superman production timeline:

The scenes in Smallville aren’t the first thing in the movie but are going to be filmed first for convinience and won’t be a major part of the story but a key part.

I believe that the stand in for Metropolis will be Chicago and NOT Vancouver. This is one of the key reasons why The Dark Knight Rises has moved to Detroit because TDKR doesn’t have as many ariel shots as Superman and so the audience will not know the difference. The ariel shots in TDKR will be CGI enhanced as will the Superman shots.

There will be a Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year breaks during the shoot. Shooting in 2011 finishes on something like December 15th and won’t resume until January 5th.

The foreign shoots are for a montage scene and will feature Clark Kent. I believe the story says Iraq and Afghanistan but filming won’t take place there for obvious reasons and a stand in country will be chosen. The actual foreign places are being decided now and it may even film those desert war scenes in the US.

The UK studio is Shepperton Studios at Pinewood I believe and is where the Daily Planet interior scenes will be filmed as well as others which I won’t say.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:56 pm

That makes it sound like that "Birthright" scenario

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Superman Filming Timeline & SPOILERS? Empty RE: Superman Filming Timeline & SPOILERS?

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:00 pm

That makes it sound like that "Birthright" scenario

It does kind of but I hope they don't go STRICTLY with that story. We don't need a 'Metrosexual' Singerman, neither do we need a 'tree-hugging' Superman!

Ya know, this info right now is just a rumor, right? 'Steve' has been rather inconspicuous as of late. The 'Counting Down' site is obviously NO MORE with NO explanation! And now someone with 'insider information' is just piping it to them? I read that stuff on the Collider link myself. It seems that in reality that Nolan is being 'Super-secret' yet here's a guy with all the inside dope?!

You tell me. Coincidence, or not?! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Haha hopefully it isn't steve trying to had folks somewhere else. It is just rumors right now. But hopefully it is true to a degree. We are bound to have something offical from snyder/wb soon enough. With filming needing to happen in the next 6 or so months.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

non_amos wrote:It does kind of but I hope they don't go STRICTLY with that story. We don't need a 'Metrosexual' Singerman, neither do we need a 'tree-hugging' Superman!

Ya know, this info right now is just a rumor, right? 'Steve' has been rather inconspicuous as of late. The 'Counting Down' site is obviously NO MORE with NO explanation! And now someone with 'insider information' is just piping it to them? I read that stuff on the Collider link myself. It seems that in reality that Nolan is being 'Super-secret' yet here's a guy with all the inside dope?!

You tell me. Coincidence, or not?! Rolling Eyes

Nah. If it was someone posting things AFTER this "news" broke, then claiming they "knew it all along", THEN we would know it's ArchNumbNuts.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:45 am

Was at shh main page and they had a story up from calergary(spelling?) Harald saying that some of the reboot may shoot up in alberta, canada area. Sounds pretty cool if it is for superman. Which the article wasn't sure if it was for the superman film or for another big blockbuster.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down