Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible List Of "Fall Back" Superman Actors?

5 posters

Go down

Possible List Of "Fall Back" Superman Actors? Empty Possible List Of "Fall Back" Superman Actors?

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:07 pm

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=exclusive+news+superman+list&d=27024759011999755&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=8afee61f,f3f5d85c

EXCLUSIVE: Contingency List Revealed for role of Superman in Reboot

Famous Annonymous scooper Mr Burbank has been in touch for the first time in almost a month with an interesting scoop regarding the Superman casting process.
The Search for the new era's Superman has already begun when Zack Snyder was announced as Director and the film became more concrete. Production staff member Mr Burbank contacted me to reveal that on Tuesday (21st December) he was sent a list of Superman candidates drawn up by Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures Executives and that this list would be put forward to Snyder and his casting team.

"Hey MrDC

Long time finally got some news on Superman! My contact in Legendary just mailed me a very interesting scoop. List of 10 - 12 actors for the role of Superman in the reboot drawn up by WB and Legendary Execs as contingency that would be put forward to Zack Snyder. None of them could get it b/c Snyder might find the perfect smaller or unknown actor on his search bu the casting process has begun with actors sending in their profiles which are to be cut down for screen tests. As I said before, expect it to be announced in February/March time but Warner Bros. are trying to hire actors and actresses that have already worked in WB films."

He then later reluctantley emailed me the list of actors who were on the list which is below:

Jake Gyllenhaal, Sam Worthington, Chace Crawford, Armie Hammer, Jared Padalecki, Henry Cavill, Zak Efron, Robert Buckley, Jensen Ackles, Garrett Hedlund and Joseph Gordon-Levitt

MrDCU: Firstly that list is shocking! Hammer, Cavill and Gyllenhaal are good but the rest just no straight away! But this list is just in case they can't find a good Superman candidate during the casting process which has already started and that we will be getting our Superman in February to March time. 3 months and we will be having no more fan casts, Routhboots a brand new era! One more thing is to expect a cast full of people previously involved in Warner Bros. films! Looking at that list, they are all younger actors in their late 20s early 30s.

I think someone just went around and gathered up all the names people have thrown out for who THEY want to play Superman, and decided to mess around with that site. They post ANYTHING. Seriously, it's like it's run by grade schoolers over there.

But hey, my guy is on this "list", so it's all good!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Possible List Of "Fall Back" Superman Actors? Empty Re: Possible List Of "Fall Back" Superman Actors?

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Yep, Hammer's on there too so I'm happy. It'd be nice if Joe Manganiello was on there but, hey, can't have everything, I guess.

Still, Hammer has had some interesting criticisms leveled against him. Specifically, he's "too tall". Dude's, what, 6'8"? Or something? Yeah, cuz, nobody wants a tall Superman or anything. Woo hoo, bring Dean Cain back! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Possible List Of "Fall Back" Superman Actors? Empty Re: Possible List Of "Fall Back" Superman Actors?

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:05 pm

Intersting list of names. Though only ones I could see working as supes is jake g, armie hammer, and jared. The rest are totally not right for superman.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:08 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Intersting list of names. Though only ones I could see working as supes is jake g, armie hammer, and jared. The rest are totally not right for superman.
Huh? While far from my ideal, have you seen Gordon-Levitt lately??? Dude's huge.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:28 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Huh? While far from my ideal, have you seen Gordon-Levitt lately??? Dude's huge.

Dude's also around 5'8.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Huh? While far from my ideal, have you seen Gordon-Levitt lately??? Dude's huge.

Dude's also around 5'8.....
Oh? Humz, I thought he was closer to 6'ish. Oh well, better choices were already out there anyway.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:38 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Oh? Humz, I thought he was closer to 6'ish. Oh well, better choices were already out there anyway.

In HollyWeird, EVERY actor is "6'-ish".

But no.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:39 pm

Oh I am not knocking gordon he is a good actor. But he just isn't ideal look I would go with supes and as colors said he is pretty short too.

Last edited by webhead2006 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:40 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Oh I am not knocking joseph he is a good actor. But he just isn't ideal look I would go with supes and as colors said he is pretty short too.

Actually, I said it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:42 pm

Oh sorry ap was flipping through posts a little to fast and thought colors said it my mistake.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Possible List Of "Fall Back" Superman Actors? Empty RE: Possible List Of "Fall Back" Superman Actors?

Post  non_amos Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:43 am

I think that list is BS. Just one MAJOR question. WHERE IS TOM WELLING ON THAT LIST?????!!!!! I mean, they list the 2 guys from Supernatural but DON'T list Welling? What's up with THAT?! Now I can 'get it' if Welling doesn't WANT to do it any longer. I can also 'get it' if Nolan & Snyder want this to be a TRUE reboot & ALL previous actors 'get the boot', including Brandon 'BJ' Routhman. By default that would include Welling. But wouldn't you think a fan-inspired BS list like that would have INCLUDED Welling?! And those photo-shopped pictures of Joe Manganiello on another thread here AS Superman, I mean, he LOOKED the part! And DIDN'T look like a Reeve clone! Plus has the size & all. So WHY the omission there? Plus Manganiello has been kind of cryptic lately when he answered questions, basically thanking fans for their support without really telling anything he knows either, so it makes you wonder? Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:56 am

will be interesting if any of there names do make it into official testing and all that. But where it came from probably was bs. But i still wouldnt mind the names i said earlier.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  lib Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:43 pm

zac efron....lol... its going to turn into superman: the musical
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:46 pm

as much as i dont like him. i am sure one of these days he would land in a comic book movie. Since he is a hot young popular actor and all. But i dont think they ie nolan/snyder would be stupid enough to cast him as superman. Now wb execs sure i could see it lol. Heck we almost had justin timerlake as hal jordan.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:11 pm

Nothing more to see here...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down