Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shia LaBeouf Is A Plagirizing Douche

3 posters

Go down

Shia LaBeouf Is A Plagirizing Douche Empty Shia LaBeouf Is A Plagirizing Douche

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:50 pm

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/video-shia-labeouf-film-critics-howard-cantour-short/

UPDATE: Shia LaBeouf Apologizes For Plagiarizing Comic For Short Film
By JEN YAMATO | Tuesday December 17, 2013

UPDATE: In a PR roller coaster that proved the power of internet pundits, Shia LaBeouf apologized publicly for failing to credit the graphic comic that inspired his short film Howard Cantour.com which he debuted online Monday. “I f***ed up,” he Tweeted from @thecampaignbook, the same account he had used to heavily promote the 2012 short which stars Jim Gaffigan as an internet film critic consumed by his own online influence. Ironically the film played dozens of film festivals last year including the Cannes Film Festival, but it wasn’t until it hit the web yesterday morning that keen-eyed bloggers noticed uncredited similarities between LaBeouf’s film and artist Daniel Clowes’ 2007 graphic novella Justin M. Damiano, including word-for-word dialogue and visuals lifted directly from the original. By afternoon the video was password-protected without explanation as the plagiarism accusations flew. LaBeouf broke his silence late last night with a mea culpa that also sounded slightly familiar: “Copying isn’t particularly creative work. Being inspired by someone else’s idea to produce something new and different IS creative work. In my excitement and naiveté as an amateur filmmaker, I got lost in the creative process and neglected to follow proper accreditation. I’m embarrassed that I failed to credit @danielclowes for his original graphic novella Justin M. Damiano, which served as my inspiration. I was truly moved by his piece of work & I knew that it would make a poignant & relevant short. I apologize to all who assumed I wrote it. I deeply regret the manner in which these events have unfolded and want @danielclowes to know that I have a great respect for his work. I f***ed up.”

PREVIOUS, MONDAY PM: What’s one way to get the attention of internet critics? Make a short film about internet critics. In HowardCantour.com, writer-director Shia LaBeouf (apparently based on this uncredited illustrated short by Ghost World‘s Daniel Clowes) slices into the tortured psyche of an online film critic and his philosophical struggles with auteur hero-worship, the misery that is other bloggers, and press junket catering. Jim Gaffigan stars as sad sack pundit Howard Cantour with Portia Doubleday and Thomas Lennon as fellow web journos whose lives on the press circuit are a tedium of self-importance and thinly veiled hackitude; Dito Montiel pops up as a director who’s only made one great movie in his career. LaBeouf screened the short in Cannes‘ Critic Week sidebar. So far the blogger corps. doesn’t quite know whether to cheer at the reflection in the mirror or not. [UPDATE: The video has since been password-protected and LaBeouf's reps have not replied to requests for comment.]
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Shia LaBeouf Is A Plagirizing Douche Empty Re: Shia LaBeouf Is A Plagirizing Douche

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:52 pm

And that's not all! The Beef is an arrogant, low-on-talent shithead, ain't he?:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=91733

Too much to copy & paste, but go to the link and see for yourself.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shia LaBeouf Is A Plagirizing Douche Empty Re: Shia LaBeouf Is A Plagirizing Douche

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:25 pm

So he plagiarized from multiple sources and when it came time to 'fess up... he plagiarized his apologies. I mean, THAT is cheeky. Takes a lot of balls.

And dude, Daniel Clowes isn't some nobody hack living in his parents basement. He's won shitloads of Harvey Awards, CBG Awards and, oh yeah, a fucking Oscar. What, nobody's going to notice if someone like that has his work peeled off by a hack like Shia?

Time was I kinda liked Shia's "everyman" vibe in a lot of his movies but the older he gets, the douchier he becomes. I'd love to write a comic book but since I have jackshit for ideas for one, it doesn't make it right to steal other peoples stuff. What a cock.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Actually, I take it back. I DID have an idea for comic book but it's unlikely to ever find a publisher because of the content. I should imagine the name alone will be sufficient to describe the content. The title I had in mind was Blasty the Angry Muslim. He's basically the Charlie Brown of Palestinian terrorists, who can never get his bombs rigged up properly even though he's just as zealous as anybody else. The reader would be encouraged to follow Blasty on his journey of self-discovery as he grows and matures and grapples with a terrorist's day-to-day problems in the nonexistent land of "Palestine".

Sure, there'd be blowback to it but the easy response would be "hey, at least I didn't plagiarize my ideas like fucking Shia did, the cock."
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:38 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Actually, I take it back. I DID have an idea for comic book but it's unlikely to ever find a publisher because of the content. I should imagine the name alone will be sufficient to describe the content. The title I had in mind was Blasty the Angry Muslim. He's basically the Charlie Brown of Palestinian terrorists, who can never get his bombs rigged up properly even though he's just as zealous as anybody else. The reader would be encouraged to follow Blasty on his journey of self-discovery as he grows and matures and grapples with a terrorist's day-to-day problems in the nonexistent land of "Palestine".

Sure, there'd be blowback to it but the easy response would be "hey, at least I didn't plagiarize my ideas like fucking Shia did, the cock."

Dude, two words:

Kickstart it. Now.

Ok. THREE words.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:11 am

That throws him under the "good actors, douchey people" for me. Reminds of last year when Harrison Ford referred to him as a "fucking idiot" when hearing that Shia was trashing his films including CRYSTAL SKULL. Sure, it's admirable for an actor to speak out and be honest about the quality of the film they worked on, but it also closes a lot of doors because studios then might not trust you when it comes to promoting a film (the phrase "biting the hand that feeds you" comes to mind). A-list stars like Sean Connery was able to get away with talking shit because he became legendary status that no studio would turn him down.

With this latest debacle, I hope it hurts him bad. I want this whole thing to straighten him out so that he'll make better career decisions. Like Spielberg, I recognize that he can turn in good performances. Just wish he wasn't so utterly douchey.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum