Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Want To Know Who Deserves A Bio Pic?

5 posters

Go down

You Want To Know Who Deserves A Bio Pic? Empty You Want To Know Who Deserves A Bio Pic?

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Christopher Reeve.

And I have a pick on who should play him, too:

Sean Faris.

You Want To Know Who Deserves A Bio Pic? Sean-faris

You Want To Know Who Deserves A Bio Pic? Christopher-reeve-20060726-147697

He's not quite as tall as Reeve was, but we all know THAT can be overcome. But ever since I saw him in 'Yours, Mine and Ours', I have noticed how similar they look.

And hey, he was even in an episode of 'Smallville'!:

Byron Moore
http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Byron_Moore

You Want To Know Who Deserves A Bio Pic? 745px-205_Bryon_Moore

Anyway, why HASN'T there been talk of a movie celebrating the man's life? I just don't get it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

You Want To Know Who Deserves A Bio Pic? Empty Re: You Want To Know Who Deserves A Bio Pic?

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:32 am

Good point and good casting. I mean, hell, we got a sorta biopic about George Reeves. Granted, he has that unsolved murder thing going for him. And he was doinking a studio head's wife. The most I can think of for why we haven't seen a Reeve bio-movie is likely because his estate isn't hip to the idea. Then again, all they'd have to do is grant permission and watch the money roll into Reeve's foundation (which I assume is still active). Not a bad way to scare up some donations, if you think about it...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

You Want To Know Who Deserves A Bio Pic? Empty Re: You Want To Know Who Deserves A Bio Pic?

Post  non_amos Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:37 am

Yeah, I can see some resemblance, especially in that 1st pic. Even more importantly though is that someone ought to do a film about Reeve's life. I'd even settle for a decent TV film which surprisingly, might would actually do a better job. How so you might ask? Well, the big screen is probably better served for your big epic blockbusters & such. A film about Reeve's life on the big screen might not make much box office, regrettably, even if it's good quality. But a 'made-for-TV' film? It could really explore Reeve's 'biography' & even if it moved slowly in parts, it wouldn't matter. TV films do that anyway. One thing they probably do get right is character development. All that stuff that Joe Public would deem 'boring' at the theater, because it wasn't multiple explosions, would be welcome in the TV format.

I'm aware that TV films have a different 'look' than theater films but for a bio-pic like this, it could possibly be the way to go & it wouldn't have to worry if it made 200 million at the box office either. I suppose the way it would succeed is by getting good ratings in it's time slot or whatever. But if they went the TV route, would it be better to go with one of the major networks or instead have one of the cable channels to produce it, like TNT for example?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 am

Never saw him in anything so I can't say, but he does look the part. Also, I totally forgot about the SMALLVILLE episode. That's the poetry creep that (like literally every freak of the week) had a crush on Lana right? Laughing

Speaking of bio-pics, I still haven't seen HOLLYWOODLAND. What's everyone's thoughts on that here?
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:04 am

James Stocks wrote:Speaking of bio-pics, I still haven't seen HOLLYWOODLAND. What's everyone's thoughts on that here?
See it. Soon.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:08 am

Dunno why I never got around to it. I like that it was the start of Affleck's career recovery. I always liked Affleck, even despite his attempt in the early 2000s at being a major Hollywood star (and failing), he's been better off doing smaller films like CHASING AMY and THE TOWN.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:22 am

James Stocks wrote:Dunno why I never got around to it. I like that it was the start of Affleck's career recovery. I always liked Affleck, even despite his attempt in the early 2000s at being a major Hollywood star (and failing), he's been better off doing smaller films like CHASING AMY and THE TOWN.
As far as The Town is concerned, I think I like Affleck the director more than Affleck the actor. Definitely more than Affleck the movie star. And as you say, when he does smaller films, there's a realness to him. As an actor though, he's even more prone to extremes than Joaquin Phoenix. When he's on, he's as good as anybody and better than most.

But man, when he's off...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:46 am

He's a good actor, but he's not Movie Starâ„¢ material. When he tried going for that from roughly 1998-2004 (especially after winning that Oscar for GOOD WILL HUNTING) it seemed like that mindset made him so cocky that he no longer tried. Even in DOGMA he seemed like he was coasting in parts. After the "Bennifer" fiasco and a couple of box office flops he realized how far off he went, took a two year break and got back to making smaller riskier flicks. I was one of the few defenders of Affleck when it became "a thing" to trash him 8 to 10 years ago, always pointing to CHASING AMY as proof that he could deliver. So it was nice to see him step back, find his own niche and make a success out of that.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:58 am

I too would love to see a bio pic on reeve. Surprising one hasn't happened yet. If one does it would be great to watch. Hopefully they get a good cast an crew on it. As for hollywoodland I haven't seen it yet myself. Haven't really cared for affleck last few yrs. But I might check it some time when I can.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:31 pm

James Stocks wrote:Never saw him in anything so I can't say, but he does look the part.

Check out 'Never Back Down'. Much better remake of 'The karate Kid', while being it's own thing.

Also, I totally forgot about the SMALLVILLE episode. That's the poetry creep that (like literally every freak of the week) had a crush on Lana right? Laughing

Of course.

Speaking of bio-pics, I still haven't seen HOLLYWOODLAND. What's everyone's thoughts on that here?

Very good film.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Speaking of the film. Found it on netflix stream. So put it in my list to watch later.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:51 am

webhead2006 wrote:Speaking of the film. Found it on netflix stream. So put it in my list to watch later.

You mean you pay for it? Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:55 am

No its on netflix instant steam list. So I put it in my que list to watch later. Only paying I am doing is my monthly netflix subscription.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum