Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Flashpoint Paradox (was: Flashpoint Film In The Works?)

4 posters

Go down

The Flashpoint Paradox (was: Flashpoint Film In The Works?) Empty The Flashpoint Paradox (was: Flashpoint Film In The Works?)

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Looks like the flashpoint story may be adapted into a dtv movie:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=58564
DC Animation Doing A FLASHPOINT Movie With Kevin Conroy To Voice Batman

While doing an interview Kevin Conroy let it slip that he is working on a new animated project for DC Animation that will be based on Geoff Johns' Flashpoint run. WaylonJones - 4/25/2012

The events on DC's new 52 was set in motion by what took place in Geoff Johns' Flashpoint series. The story centers around Barry Allen with help from Bruce Wayne's father Thomas. While talking with Comic Book Club Kevin Conroy revealed that he is currently working on a Flashpoint DC Animated movie. "Oh I just, just last night, I recording a new animated movie...that features The Flash, it's more about The Flash, but Batman is in it as well. It's a Flash...Flashpoint! Flashpoint? I think it's Flashpoint," said the famous voice actor. There were no additional details given about the project, but be on the look out for the announcement soon.

Flashpoint was released in 2011 and was written by Geoff Johns with art done by Andy Kubert. The story shows The Flash(Barry Allen) waking up in an alternate time, where nothing seems to be right his mother is alive, his father is dead, there is no Superman or Justice League, and Citizen Cold is Central City's greatest hero. After discovering that Reverse Flash is behind everything The Flash enlists the help of Batman(Thomas Wayne) to help him set the events of time right. While doing this Flash meets a mystrious hooded figure who urges him to merge the DC, Vertigo, and Wildstorm universe creating DC's New 52. No word yet on when the official announcement will come or how faithfully it will follow the comic books, but make sure you check here at CBM for the latest.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

The Flashpoint Paradox (was: Flashpoint Film In The Works?) Empty Re: The Flashpoint Paradox (was: Flashpoint Film In The Works?)

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:11 pm

OMG! Can we haz matching high collars n armor n stuff?? Pleeeeease, Mr. Lee???

Yawn
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

The Flashpoint Paradox (was: Flashpoint Film In The Works?) Empty Re: The Flashpoint Paradox (was: Flashpoint Film In The Works?)

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:58 pm

I'm usually not opposed to Kevin Conroy voicing Batman... but since the majority of Batman stuff from Flashpoint is Thomas Wayne...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:36 am

ME too i love kevin work for dc through the yrs. But as you said since this isnt a bruce story it should have been someone else. But still i love him work. So i would probably check it out some time. But Still would probably been better move to do some other better famous stories before we got to flashpoint.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:53 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=77001

When time travel allows a past wrong to be righted for The Flash and his family, the ripples of the event prove disastrous as a fractured, alternate reality now exists where a Justice League never formed, and even Superman is nowhere to be found. Teaming with a grittier, more violent Dark Knight and Cyborg, Flash races to restore the continuity of his original timeline while this new world is ravaged by a fierce war between Wonder Woman's Amazons and Aquaman’s Atlanteans. With breath taking action and an all-star voice cast, it's a bold, emotional vision that will forever change the landscape of the DC Universe.

The Flashpoint Paradox (was: Flashpoint Film In The Works?) Flashp10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:15 am

I'm still waiting for a FLASH film period. Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:21 am

Promo blurb wrote:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=77001

Teaming with a grittier, more violent Dark Knight
I live for the day when we can go back to calling this character "Batman".
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:39 pm

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:28 am

I watched that clip but since I know next to nothing about Flashpoint I'm not exactly 'in the know'. Wonder Woman & Aquaman trying to destroy the world?! What little I do know is that this was obviously another one of DC's 'Crises' & didn't it result in 'the new 52', including Superman? Or another excuse I suppose? Nevertheless it does sound like a comic I wouldn't mind reading & it's interesting that DC has put out an animated feature on it already. Tell me this. Is either the comic and/or the DVD worth the price? And funny thing here too. WB doesn't have a clue how to put out a live-action JLA but they continually put out pretty decent animated features? I don't get it! Question 
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:57 am

Basically, it goes a little sumthin-sumthin like this...
Flashpoint spoilers:
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:32 am

The animation is FAR superior to the last Superman animated film. So I'll be checking it out on that alone.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:54 pm

Saw it the other day. VERY violent film, almost jarring compared to previous animated films. Was good, but I'm not a fan of what follows. And Superman reduced to being a non-factor "MacGuffin"? Shocking.

4/5 from me.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:57 am

Flashpoint spoilers:
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:33 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Flashpoint spoilers:

Apparently...
Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down