Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon Empty The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:35 pm

Did anyone catch this recently?

I saw most of one of them, and while it's not "bad", it certainly is nowhere near WB's level.

Hulk is a chatty-cathy? Got a RDJ soundalike for Iron Man, and Nick Fury has a 'fro. It's like halfway between Batman The Brave And The Bold, and the 90's X-Men cartoon. Just without the story-telling.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon Empty Re: The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:21 am

HEy AP i was going to make a thread on this myself yesterday but was busy with work. But yea i caught the show. Action is good and story seems good too. Animation is pretty solid. I dont like a few of the voice actors but can look beyond that. I hope the show lasts for awhile.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:40 am

webhead2006 wrote:HEy AP i was going to make a thread on this myself yesterday but was busy with work. But yea i caught the show. Action is good and story seems good too. Animation is pretty solid. I dont like a few of the voice actors but can look beyond that. I hope the show lasts for awhile.

The character designs were pretty bad. I saw another one today that was ok. It was a Captain America centered episode, and they at least got THAT right.

But I don't understand the Hulk "bantering" with people, and being so chatty.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:28 am

i dont think the animation is that bad,its standard fairing 2d work. The designs are not that bad. As for the hulk deal i guess they wanted to give him an inner moral deal with him being able to talk to bruce while he is in hulk form. I guess they could have just gone he was banner in hulk form but they wanted to be different. As the cap thing i believe that is just one of the many micro episodes they were airing before the season started this week.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:16 pm

webhead2006 wrote:i dont think the animation is that bad,its standard fairing 2d work. The designs are not that bad. As for the hulk deal i guess they wanted to give him an inner moral deal with him being able to talk to bruce while he is in hulk form. I guess they could have just gone he was banner in hulk form but they wanted to be different. As the cap thing i believe that is just one of the many micro episodes they were airing before the season started this week.

First off, I DO think the animation was that bad. In this day and age of animation, it's inexcusable. Too blocky, and too cheap looking.

Secondly, the designs are pretty bad too. Wasp looked retarded, Ant-Man had a helmet that basically disappeared behind his back, and Fury had a 'fro? Please...

Third, the Hulk was being chatty with EVERYONE. Not just Bruce. When he looks at Ross and says: "Don't think I forgot about you", you know there's something off about it.

And finally, wrong. This was a full 30 minute episode. I think I know the difference, since I said in my ORIGINAL POST that I saw a few of the mini-episodes.

Don't insult my intelligence when you don't know what you are talking about.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:i dont think the animation is that bad,its standard fairing 2d work. The designs are not that bad. As for the hulk deal i guess they wanted to give him an inner moral deal with him being able to talk to bruce while he is in hulk form. I guess they could have just gone he was banner in hulk form but they wanted to be different. As the cap thing i believe that is just one of the many micro episodes they were airing before the season started this week.

First off, I DO think the animation was that bad. In this day and age of animation, it's inexcusable. Too blocky, and too cheap looking.

Secondly, the designs are pretty bad too. Wasp looked retarded, Ant-Man had a helmet that basically disappeared behind his back, and Fury had a 'fro? Please...

Third, the Hulk was being chatty with EVERYONE. Not just Bruce. When he looks at Ross and says: "Don't think I forgot about you", you know there's something off about it.

And finally, wrong. This was a full 30 minute episode. I think I know the difference, since I said in my ORIGINAL POST that I saw a few of the mini-episodes.

Don't insult my intelligence when you don't know what you are talking about.
I am sorry man if I pissed you off. I agree with wasp design I don't like it either. Antman I think is ok myself. As I said I guess they wanted hulk to be a little different here then the norm. Myby things will change in later episodes. As for fury it looks like they decided to conbime classic and ultimate a bit on him, as for fro I don't have much issue there. As for cap thing I am sorry didn't know it was a full episode. I thought it could have been one of the micro episodes. Which I haven't seen all those myself. Just the two aired episodes on disney xd. As for animation well I still don't have much issue with the 2d/designs in general. But every one has there favs and not favs. I know when tssm was on alot of folis didn't like there style either. But I guess you can complain to the folks doing animation work, isn't it a french company or something along with marvel animation?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:33 am

webhead2006 wrote: I am sorry man if I pissed you off. I agree with wasp design I don't like it either. Antman I think is ok myself. As I said I guess they wanted hulk to be a little different here then the norm. Myby things will change in later episodes. As for fury it looks like they decided to conbime classic and ultimate a bit on him, as for fro I don't have much issue there. As for cap thing I am sorry didn't know it was a full episode. I thought it could have been one of the micro episodes. Which I haven't seen all those myself. Just the two aired episodes on disney xd. As for animation well I still don't have much issue with the 2d/designs in general. But every one has there favs and not favs. I know when tssm was on alot of folis didn't like there style either. But I guess you can complain to the folks doing animation work, isn't it a french company or something along with marvel animation?

They actually showed TWO full episodes on Sunday. I only watched one of them, and that was more than enough.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:14 am

oh they did i thought it was only airing on wensdays so i only seen the premeire episodes. Darn, didnt know it was airing more on different days too.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:27 pm

With dc having young justoce special tonight. Marvel had a special twoparter for avengers tonight. It was about the leader trying to take over the world with gamma radiation. Pretty good plot, solid action. Thought it was written well.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:04 pm

I've only seen that little YouTube thing AP posted. I dunno. I mean, I dig the idea of an Avengers cartoon show and everything but animation and character designs... it's hard to say but something just seems off. Can't really put it into words. Still, at least they got the characters' basic appearances down solid. Cap looks like Cap, Iron Man likes Iron Man, etc.

Is this intended to be a kiddie show or more of an all-ages thing?

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:35 pm

Ah yea I am not to keen on the style or some of the voices. But besides that I thought the show is pretty solid on story aspect and developling plots and having vast marvel characters showing up. You should colors if you have chance check out some more episodes of the show. You could easily find episodes uploaded on youtube. It seems geared more to late kid/teen market. Compared to say superhero squad which is totally for young kids.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  aurica Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:01 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Did anyone catch this recently?

I saw most of one of them, and while it's not "bad", it certainly is nowhere near WB's level.

Hulk is a chatty-cathy? Got a RDJ soundalike for Iron Man, and Nick Fury has a 'fro. It's like halfway between Batman The Brave And The Bold, and the 90's X-Men cartoon. Just without the story-telling.

Your thoughts?

I really like the thread that you have posted and i have not catch this recently.

aurica
BJ Routh *Blech*
BJ Routh *Blech*

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:46 am

I have been enjoying the show myself. Storylines been good, some nice action. Sure the animation style isn't the best.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Some pics from 2nd season:
https://www.facebook.com/Marvel
The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon Earths10
The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon Emh210
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:05 pm

New stills from season two:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=56460
A large part of Season 2 of "The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!" focuses on the ongoing battle between two warring intergalactic alien empires: The Kree and the Skrulls. As it turns out, they’ve been battling it out for a while--centuries, even--and it just so happens that Earth is their next battleground. The Avengers have been warned as much by the time travelling conqueror, Kang, and Captain Mar-Vell, a representative of the Kree Navy who was sent to Earth to study both the planet and its inhabitants. Mar-Vell is a friend of Carol Danvers, and in fact, disobeyed orders to save her life, so we know that maybe not all Kree are bad. But it’s only a matter of time before their armies arrive. Both S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers are our planet’s last defense, and they’re going to need to work together in order to stop the coming invasion. Because it’s definitely coming.
The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon Emh110
The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon Emh1c10
The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon Emh1b10
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:12 am

So they're doing a version of the Kree/Skrull War? Humz...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:26 am

Looks like it, along with maybe a bit of secret invasion too. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Some new season two details:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=56790
AVENGERS: EMH Season 2 Details From Head Writer Chris Yost

On 'The Mighty Marvel Podcast' Chris Yost talks Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Season 2. SPOILER WARNING: Awesome cameos revealed in images within. Graphic City aka Mark Julian - 3/22/2012

In the Avengers: EMH Season Two teaser you've seen new characters such as Vision, Surtur, The Thing, Dr. Doom, etc. revealed to what I'm sure is nothing but delight. However, in this recent podcast with Marvel, Chris Yost lets it slip that another Marvel team will be featured in the second season as well. Here's a synopsis of the main highlights below:

-He and Producer Joshua Fine mapped out an early storyboard for where they wanted to take the animated Avengers series early-on.

-Similar to the first season, expect a ton of more Easter Eggs

-The X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy will cameo [*we already knew about The Guardians but not the X-Men]

-The Serpent Society was one of his favorite cameos in Season 1. Director and developer Ciro Nieli favors The Howling Commandos so expect to see more of them.

-The foreshadowed plotlines from Season 1 will "explode" in Season 2. One of the big plotlines in the second season will focus on The Skrulls. The show will be giving it's own spin on the Secret Invasion storyline which will play out during the first half of the season.

-Expect to also see a few "classic" Avengers comic book stories adapted as well

-The Masters of Evil, Loki and Kang the Conqueror will all return at various points during Season 2

There's a bit more in the podcast on Avengers: EMH and Yost also discusses his run on Scarlet Spider and the possibility of adapting it for animation, so be sure to hit the source link below to listen to the podcast in it's entirety.

[Editors Note: While writing this article, I stumbled across these highly spoiler-ish images below. Some may have seen it already, but if you're like me, this is new.]---UPDATE: The below art was indeed made by one of the artists on the show but doesn't necessarily confirm that this will be the look of the characters on the show or if characters such as Black Goliath and The Watcher will appear. It's more like concept art.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:14 pm

sorry for double post, some images too with story and oncell and edit post wasn't letting me scroll down.
The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon Avenge13
The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon Avenge14
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:22 am

Another preview images of heroes we will see in season two:
The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon Todos10
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Today's season premire was a pretty good one. Nice begining to the season. I liked the continuation on where thor is and the ongoing skrull inplantation of heroes/villains on earth. I also did like seeing the fantastic four and doom today. We got some great interactions with johnny, ben, the thing, and sue with jane, and reed and tony. I liked how they all worked out together. Overall a good start to the season and cant wait to see how the rest of the season plays out.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Yesterday episode two was a good ironman character building episode. I thought it was a solid episode on tony and his relationships with pepper and maria hill. The revenge angle by aim was interesting. I thought the fights where pretty good. And sweet debuts for war machine, mark 9 armor, and cap's holoshield.. the technovore machine was creepy and one tough cookie to beat. As for stark tech not good that skrull cap got the data. Also love the shoutout for xmen and spidey in the episode, and possible civil war plot to work on after the invasion story.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Episode 4 preview:
http://bcove.me/nzeqpzhv
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Today avengers episode was a pretty solid episode for the whole team. We finally got some looks into asgard and thor who has been away for awhile after the events from the season finale. We also got to see the masters of the universe brought back and geting taking down by enteress for there failure. Some good developments there and fights. I did like the teases to the sutur thing in asgard. And the redemption for wonderman. Another good episode for avengers.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:29 pm

Avengers episode today was also good. I liked the reintro for carol, and her being ms marvel and joining the team. They handled those stuff well. Along with the kree empire attack. I felt bad for captain marvel with them not understanding how he wanted to help. I can't wait to see the outcome once we see skrulls and kree fighting.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next