Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10.16, Scion

4 posters

Go down

10.16, Scion Empty 10.16, Scion

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Connor.

*sigh*
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

10.16, Scion Empty Re: 10.16, Scion

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:34 pm

The Magnificent Bastard is back!!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Thanks colors for yt link was waiting for it to go online.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Well tonight was the 16th episode of the final season. Tonight's episode was entitled Scion written by: Al Septien & Turi Meyer and directed by Al Septien. It featured another appearance of alt lionel and alexander/conner. It turned out to be a wicked episode.

Al and turi wrote a wonderful script tonight. Nothing was a fault in my book tonight. Great nods to the past with the clark and conner fight, to the where lex got clark's dna. It was also touching to see clark become full circle and help conner with life and powers. I liked how that had clark emotion's go back to when he was a kid. Nice way to show how much clark has grown since then.

Also the plot of lionel trying to keep control in luthorcorp was very good. Poor alt lionel making a simple mistake in the end. His scenes with tess, and lois were great. Also his scene with clark was well done. The master manipulator was in good work tonight.

The way they used conner was pretty good too. Loved how they gave him his name conner, and in the end clark decided to let him stay at the farm and gave him the name kent. That was touching. Also it was good to see that kryptonite now does effect conner totally. Evil red k conner was nice too. Loved the stealing scene with lois and the fight with clark too.

Directing tonight was also very good, al did good work tonight. Lighting, blocking and camera movements were well thought out and done. Al also got very good preformaces out of everyone.

Acting tonight was great too. Tom of course was on the ball tonight. He was warm, touching, caring, and assertive and forceful when needed. Also tom always does very good work with kid/teen actors on the show.

Lucas return again was well done. He played conner very well as a carefee happy go lucky kid, with powers, and nicely did well again as evil lex too. Cant wait to see if he does make an appearance in the rest of the season. Hopefully he does.

Erica was great tonight, she played lois very well as her usual self. Caring, worried, and trying to get out of trouble by herself and all that. Erica has grown so much over the yrs. And now she is a very good lois.

Cassidy also did well tonight. Her scenes with lois, lionel and clark were all good. Tess has been an interesting character through these last few yrs. Loved how she took out lionel.

John glover major props tonight. He was very good again. He has not lost his step at all. He did very well as usual tonight. I sure have missed him last few yrs. I do hope he gets to have shot with michael. Though we have to see what happens with him before the end.

All an all a great episode. Good story, action, and all that. The nods to the past were great. Plus what a good cliffhanger to hold us older for the next 6 weeks. Cant wait to see what happens. Promo for the return in april was very good. Really cant wait to see how the show ends.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:37 am

dictionary.com wrote:scion

–noun
1. a descendant.
2. Also, cion. a shoot or twig, especially one cut for grafting or planting; a cutting.

Good episode. Honestly, I was more concerned about this one than I was Fortune. Fortune was just supposed to be a fun story. On that basis, I'd say it succeeded.

But Scion? Everyone knew Connor was coming. And, in the comics at least, I FREAKING HATE CONNOR. There was a time when Superboy wasn't Connor. He was just a human clone whose DNA was altered to make as close a match to Kryptonian DNA as possible. Therefore, Superboy had different powers than Superman. Similar powers in some ways but fairly different.

But at some point, Geoff Johns (the Steve Gutenberg of comics) got involved and everything that made Superboy cool and unique was done away with. Now he's Connor (tee hee, Connor Kent, the initials are CK just like the other guy, aren't we so clever?), he's also known as Kon-El (tee hee, sort of an anagram of "clone", aren't we SO clever??), he has Superman powers more or less, he's a hybrid clone of Superman and Lex, blah blah fucking blah. I hate Connor.

So I wasn't really down with this episode. At all.

That's why I'm so surprised that I enjoyed it so much. For starters, the Connor in this episode? A lot like what Connor has become in the comics, minus the Geoff Johns-induced stupidity. There's rationale behind the name "Connor", it now makes sense that Clark gave him the last name "Kent", etc. This episode made me like Connor! On SV anyway.

The return of Red K was pretty neat too. Dug how Clark's showdown with Connor kinda sorta mirrored Clark's own showdown with Jonathan from the season 3 premiere. Given the emphasis this episode had on the importance the Kents played on Clark, the fight comes off like a tribute/wink/"rhyme" in the George Lucas sense of the word.

And Lionel is joining up with Darkseid. VERY cool.

4/5... which, as with last week, is quite high praise given the subject matter.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:16 pm

Scion Ratings are in:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/05/tv-ratings-fringe-less-friday-the-defenders-perks-up-smallville-dateline-paces-nbc/84734
1.0/3 Demo 2.24mill viewers

was hoping for ratings to stick around figures from last week but still not bad.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:39 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:The return of Red K was pretty neat too. Dug how Clark's showdown with Connor kinda sorta mirrored Clark's own showdown with Jonathan from the season 3 premiere. Given the emphasis this episode had on the importance the Kents played on Clark, the fight comes off like a tribute/wink/"rhyme" in the George Lucas sense of the word.

Actually, it was pretty close to being exactly like the Jonathan/Clark fight in Season 3.

Began with "You're coming home with me", Clark let Conner toss him around a bit, and ended with smashing the ring against a cement post.

I liked that.

And Lionel is joining up with Darkseid. VERY cool.

4/5... which, as with last week, is quite high praise given the subject matter.

I did like the way Darkseid showed up, and Lionel's reaction to it. I just hope they don't drop the ball on the finale.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:53 pm

The more time goes on, the more convinced I am that (A) they know what's riding on the finale and (B) there aren't very many ways to resolve a lot of the arcs set up this year without Superman getting into the mix. Not Clark, not the Blur, not a mind-altered Kal-El, SUPERMAN.

The Apologists and whiners are all convinced we'll get a quick glimpse of Welling in The Suit, if that. I don't see things playing out that way. At the very least, I think we'll see Superman's debut, in costume. Likely as an extended sequence. I'm not saying it's an absolute, I'm just saying it makes the most sense given what they've set up.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:01 pm

i did like the homage in the fight to the season 3 one with jonahthan and clark.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:45 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:The Apologists and whiners are all convinced we'll get a quick glimpse of Welling in The Suit, if that. I don't see things playing out that way.

As movie news is becoming more and more prevalent, I'm in two minds now as to what the Smallville finale may entail, or the way they may approach it, to be more specific.

Put it this way, the Smallville finale may have been more of a bigger deal if there wasn't a new movie in the near future. More is riding on the film's success as opposed to the last episode of a TV series.

Having said that, they seemed to have gone to great lengths ($$$$) to ensure the return of Rosenbaum, so it does suggest they are genuinely serious about giving the series (and it's fans) the ending they deserve.....Superman. And they'd be safe in the knowledge that if they can pull it off successfully it'll sell like gangbusters

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:49 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Now he's Connor (tee hee, Connor Kent, the initials are CK just like the other guy, aren't we so clever?), he's also known as Kon-El (tee hee, sort of an anagram of "clone", aren't we SO clever??)

Colors, mate, you do crack me up sometimes!

Bit late to be critical of that sort of thing in the Superman world! Lois Lane, Lucy Lane, Lana Lang........I wouldn't single out any particular name for ridicule in the Superman universe!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:51 pm

Not to come off like a basher myself but there's little they really have to do in order to amaze us. They need to resolve the conflicts and arcs they've set up (as they would anyway, whether season or series finale) and, as a one time-only addition, give us Superman. If they give us lots of Superman, odds are good we'll be mollified.

Just give us Welling in The Suit and all should be fine.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:47 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Just give us Welling in The Suit and all should be fine.

Ain't that the truth!

I just worry if Geoff Johns ever walks out in front of you in a carpark sometime!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:35 pm

This isn't news for any of you but all the same...

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum