Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement

4 posters

Go down

Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement Empty Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Www.slashfilm.com/black-panther
They report marvel has hired documentary story editor/screenwriter mark baily for black panther script.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement Empty Re: Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Well latino review thinks one of the two mysterious marvel films will be black panther:
http://m.latino-review.com/2012/06/05/exclusive-standalone-marvel-movie-cap-takes-place-wakanda/
EXCLUSIVE: The Next Standalone Marvel Movie After Cap Takes Place In Wakanda!
Posted on 6.5.12 by El Mayimbe

BREAKING

Earlier today I blew up my own twitter feed in the quest for new followers and boy did twitter nation respond!
Anyway, there has been much speculation as to the upcoming two Marvel films which have yet to be announced. It’s painfully obvious one of them is going to be the sequel to the Avengers.

But what about the other one?

Without further adieu, let’s get right to it…

Hell yes folks…

THE BLACK PANTHER is going to headline his own film!

How do I know? Let’s say I got it from FOUR different trusted sources.

Marvel is going BIG TIME after the urban film audience and I applaud them

for that. Last year, it was reported that Marvel hired Mark Bailey to pen the

script and I hear the script is fantastic.

The clues were always there. They showed Wakanda on the map in Iron Man 2 and Captain America’s shield is made from Vibranium which also hails from
Wakanda. The Black Panther has a long development history which at one point had Wesley Snipes attached to star. Marvel got the rights back to the character in 2005.

The Black Panther has a HUGE urban following. Growing up in NYC, even though I’m more a Luke Cage fan, every Boricua I knew had crazy love for
T’challa.

Who do I think got not only the physicality but the acting chops to play the character?

My money says Nate Parker from Red Tails.

From Wikipedia

The title “Black Panther” is a rank of office, chieftain of the Wakandan Panther Clan. As chieftain, the Panther is entitled to eat a special heart-shaped herb,
as well as his mystical connection with the Wakandan Panther god, that grants him superhumanly acute senses and increases his strength, speed, stamina, and agility to the peak of human development. He has since lost this connection and forged a new one with another unknown Panther deity, granting him augmented physical attributes as well as a resistance to magic.

His senses are so powerful that he can pick up a prey’s scent and memorize tens of thousands of individual ones. T’Challa is a rigorously trained gymnast
and acrobat, showing mastery in various African martial arts as well as contemporary ones and fighting styles that belong to no known disciplines.

So there ya have it.

Show me some more love & follow me on twitter – @elmayimbe

Speaking of twitter, congrats to the following twitter followers for being

perceptive!

@dietervonkhan @Variety_JLD @JoshuaKONeill

@devincf @uumbra @Marc_The_Mighty @MarkJulianCBM @RobertCfrom48th

@Illusive_Man_1

Hasta El Proximo Capitulo…
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement Empty Re: Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Fixed the thread title.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:27 am

Couldn't fucking care less. On the other hand, Marvel's track record lately is what it is so you know I'll give it a shot.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:51 am

Can a 2nd-tier character like BLACK PANTHER even carry a solo film?!

Of course, prior to May 2008 the same thing was being asked about IRON MAN so we'll just have to wait & see I guess. If Marvel does take this on, I just hope it ain't their 1st real flop. Wouldn't the oft-rumored DR. STRANGE film actually make more sense? Or even ANT-MAN?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:24 am

Ya personally I would rather see strange or antman first. Not saying I don't want to see panther its a unique and different type of hero. Plus I definately like to see marvel work on some of there black heroes. I wish them the best of luck and hope it turns out good.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:54 am

non_amos wrote:Can a 2nd-tier character like BLACK PANTHER even carry a solo film?!

Of course, prior to May 2008 the same thing was being asked about IRON MAN so we'll just have to wait & see I guess. If Marvel does take this on, I just hope it ain't their 1st real flop. Wouldn't the oft-rumored DR. STRANGE film actually make more sense? Or even ANT-MAN?

Tyler Perry says, "Hello!":

Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement Tyler-perry-madea
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Anthony Mackie interested in the black panther role:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Another actor has expressed interest for black panther:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=62228
Aldis Hodge Wants To Lead Marvel's BLACK PANTHER

The latest actor to express interest in Marvel Studios' imminent adaptation of The Black Panther,is Leverage star Aldis Hodge. Also stating his qualities for the role,check it out after the jump! DCMarvelFreshman - 6/23/2012

Since news broke that Marvel Studios' 2014 Captain America sequel may be followed by a big-screen adaptation of The Black Panther, potential T'Challa contenders have been modestly campaigning for the King of Wakanda. Via Examiner, the latest is actor Aldis Hodge. When asked if he favored a comic book series, Hodge replied:

"Growing up I was a fan of Black Panther and X-Men comic books. I was also a huge Batman fan. There’s recently been a little buzz online about Marvel pushing for Black Panther, and I’ve been in love with the idea for years. I want the fans to know that the one role I really want to play is Black Panther. I grew up loving the Marvel world, and grew up on martial arts. I still train. When Black Panther came around, he was almost like an African American Batman."

Aldis Hodge, 25, is best known for his Alec Hardison role on the TNT Leverage TV series, which landed him a Saturn Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor in Television. He has also appeared in Supernatural among many shows. And he currently has two films, The East and Lives of the Saints, in production. What do you think?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Someone refresh my memory. Who did he play on SUPERNATURAL? He doesn't look like the hunter who later became a vampire & Sam killed.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:19 pm

non_amos wrote:Someone refresh my memory. Who did he play on SUPERNATURAL? He doesn't look like the hunter who later became a vampire & Sam killed.

Jake Talley:

http://www.supernatural-fan-wiki.com/page/Jake+Talley

Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement GW276H219

Jake is one of the special children picked by the yellow-eyed demon (YED, Azazel) and sent to Cold Oak, South Dakota, in All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 1 to duke it out. Jake's special power is that he is super strong.

Jake and Sam are the last two contenders left at the end of this episode. Sam tries to convince Jake not to listen to the demon, saying they should stick together to make it out alive. Just as Dean and Bobby find them and make their way into the ghost town, Jake stabs Sam in the back, killing him. Jake runs off.

In All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2, Jake meets up with YED at the edge of the tracks that form the giant devil's trap guarding the gate to hell. We learn that the mission of the last special child left standing is to go in (since YED can't do it himself) and use the Colt to unlock the gate. Coerced by threats and promises about his family, Jake agrees to do it.

Dean, the resurrected Sam, Bobby, and Ellen try to stop him, but Jake manipulates Ellen's gun to point to her own head, making the rest for the team drop their weapons. As he turns away to use the Colt on the gate, Dean and Bobby rescue Ellen, and Sam grabs a gun and guns down Jake.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:29 am

OK, got it! Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:13 am

Two more actors interested in black panther role:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=62412

Brian J. White Open To Playing BLACK PANTHER

Responding to a fan's suggestion,actor Brian J. White has further expressed his desire to work with Marvel Studios, now in regards to their Black Panther adaptation rather than Luke Cage. DCMarvelFreshman - 6/26/2012

As more actors express interest in the titular role of Marvel's forthcoming Black Panther big screen adaptation, fans are now modestly reaching out to their preferred candidates via social networking. The latest is actor Brian J. White, 37, who is best known for his roles in Fighting, Stomp the Yard and recently The Cabin in the Woods.

@actorbrianwhite Marvel should hire you to play Black Panther B Nevz The BeatMaker @BNevz412

Would love to work with Marvel. “@BNevz412 Marvel should hire you to play Black Panther”

Brian White @actorbrianwhite Follow

25 Jun 12 Reply

Brian J. White has been keen on working with Marvel for quite some time, expressing his interest in 'Luke Cage' back in 2009, following the success of Iron Man. And although speaking of his eligibility for the 'Cage' role, White told Movieline in August of 2009: "I think I have the skill-set. Like Iron Man, you have to be able to handle drama and comedy; you have to have the physique to be able to take off your shirt; you have to have a certain statue – if you're 5'8 it doesn't really work so well, unless it's a small superhero – and you have to have a certain athletic ability. That's what I'm angling towards. These are $150 million movies, so I'm trying to pay my dues, and do the work, so that I might get a look-in."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=62405
Romeo Miller Says He Was Approached For BLACK PANTHER & Is Interested

While promoting his new movie Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection,Romeo Miller (previously Lil' Romeo) is asked if he has any interest in filling the role of T'Challa. nailbiter111 - 6/26/2012

Since Latino-Review came out with the claim that Marvel Studios' 2014 mystery film is in fact Black Panther, several actors have been asked and expressed interest in playing the superhero. Next on our list is Romeo Miller, the rapper/actor who is best known by his previous stage name, Lil' Romeo is asked by BlackFilm.com if he wants to be the King of Wakanda. With Marvel possibly doing a film on the Black Panther, is that a role you can see yourself doing?

RM: I would love to. I remember that before Jumping the Broom got released, there were some producers were talking about shopping the script to some people and I was one of the people they contacted and was asked if it was something I would be interested in. You never know. I definitely want to take in and be the next big action hero. That may be something that’s cool.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:11 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=62466
Raw Leiba Lobbies For BLACK PANTHER Villain Role By Donning Erik Killmonger Costume

Last August the Coventry Telegraph reported that actor and stuntman Raw Leiba had met with Marvel about playing Black Panther's nemesis Erik Killmonger. Now,he has donned the villain's costume in an attempt to convince the powers that be that he is right for the part. nailbiter111 - 6/27/2012

Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement Raw-leiba-marvel-eric-killmonger-luke-cage-2
It's been almost a year since the Coventry Telegraph reported that Raw Leiba had met with Marvel about possibly playing Erik Killmonger. Now the relatively unknown actor/stuntman has decided to make a more dramatic pitch for the part by donning the full costume.

Image Courtesy of CoventryTelegraph.net
Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement Raw%20Leiba%20as%20Erik%20Killmonger%20image%20collage
Last August he explained to worldofblackheroes.com why he wanted the role. Easy one, because he’s an expert fighter and can match Black Panther both Mentally and Physically and hopefully if I’m officially offered the role of Erik Killmonger my performance will make him very well known. Actors will tell you its allot more fun to be the bad guy, you can go outside the script a little bit and add your own personal touch to the character and it doesn’t hurt I look EXACTLY like the guy.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:42 am

Not a good way to get cast. Reminds me of when Sean Young went coo-coo For Cocoa Puffs when Burton didn't cast her as Catwoman, and she went on all the daytime talk shows dressed like this:

Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement Scaled.php?server=19&filename=galcwseanyoung
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:57 am

I remember some time before Chris Hemsworth landed the role of THOR that there were fanboys crying for the part to go to Hunter Hearst Helmsley AKA 'Triple-H', the pro wrestler. Now to be fair, I don't remember HHH ever saying he wanted to play Thor. But I guess I can see physically what people were getting at. He's already big & pumped up & has long blond hair. You could say that he has the 'Thor look'. But can he act? Well he acts on WWE programming, right? But trust me, Marvel Studios made the right decision with Hemsworth. Besides, HHH would've probably sunk the promotion anyway. Not bashing on him personally but it's just the way it is. Since he wrestles for WWE it would've doomed the project. You know it & I know it.

Since you mentioned the Burton Batman film, one of the most controversial decisions Burton ever made was to cast Michael Keaton as Batman. Seriously. We had no Internet back then but the subject was very controversial, that is, until the film was actually in theaters. To say Keaton's casting SILENCED THE CRITICS would be an understatement. Best Batman bar none! But I do recall ADAM WEST was also pushing to get the part.................... Shocked
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down