Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Thing?

3 posters

Go down

The Thing? Empty The Thing?

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:40 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=104430

The Thing? BtbinbSCAAEpuJb

Looks like the rock creature from 'Thor: The Dark World'.....

The Thing? Title_10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

The Thing? Empty Re: The Thing?

Post  non_amos Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:19 am

When I have time I'll post a juicy little 'nugget' straight from the mouth of the infamous Michael B. Jordan. You'll love this one LOL.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Self-loathing comic fans always say that studios can't market shit to fans exclusively (thanks for pointing out the obvious, by the way, assholes). What they always forget to mention is that movie studios NEED us to build buzz for any of their movies.

Look at the current state of things with FF to see how badly wrong things can go when fans oppose what you're doing.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:24 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Self-loathing comic fans always say that studios can't market shit to fans exclusively (thanks for pointing out the obvious, by the way, assholes). What they always forget to mention is that movie studios NEED us to build buzz for any of their movies.

Look at the current state of things with FF to see how badly wrong things can go when fans oppose what you're doing.

Good point. I'll have to look up that article I was referring to at SHH about Michael B. Jordan as they're posting stuff so heavily now due to Comic-Con & all I'll no doubt have to search for it. I may also need to post it in one of the other FF threads for it to be in the right place.

But back to the point. There was some worry about Guardians Of The Galaxy but now, just prior to it's release, it was 100% on Rotten Tomatoes & both fans & critics that have seen it loved it. So there you go, a home run for excellent word-of-mouth that will no doubt translate into box office gold. But look at this FF reboot. Ya know, it ain't just about making Johny Storm black but the whole thing seems miscast except for maybe Kate Mara playing Sue & I really ain't sure about that. But Reed Richards, who should be approaching middle-age, is now a young punk college kid?! Oh, but supporters say that the 'Ultimate' version is something like that. But remember, ain't those comics basically like Marvel's version of ELSEWORLDS or something? Or even their own WHAT IF? Not part of the regular universe. And I'm not reading the comics so I can't really judge but I can say this. I grew up with FF comics way back in the day. Lee & Kirby had a formula going there that in my opinion you don't mess with! Maybe you can take secondary characters & change their race, their sex, whatever, but core characters should not be screwed around with.

And the bottom line here is that it looks like Josh Trank has just thrown 50+ years of great FF lore right out the window. And if you'll check the comments following articles about this, fans are overwhelmingly negative against it! Which is why I expect it to be a complete disaster.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum