Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

+6
BHoward
thecolorsblend
non_amos
webhead2006
GenoPeppino
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

Post  BHoward Sun May 01, 2011 11:23 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
BHoward wrote: Nothing wrong with that, he wouldn't be the first or last director to exert his will and do the same style of casting.

See, that's just it: I think there IS something wrong with that.

To pick someone you are "familiar" with instead of the right person for the role USUALLY leads to one thing:

Changing the character to fit the actor.

And to ME, that is just WRONG. Am I saying Hardy is going to "blow", or "ruin" the movie? Nope, haven't seen it. I just don't see Nolan relying on CGI enough to give Bane the appearance he deserves, so the scenario above is a REAL concern.

You are probably right

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 14

Back to top Go down

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 01, 2011 11:31 pm

I WANT the movie to succeed. I really do. But THIS is too hard, and recent, to forget:

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 Bane_then
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Some set photos of tom as bane:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=43293
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 32401L

Oh shit...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:52 pm

I think we're in serious trouble here! I know I joke & say 'THE HULKING 200-LB. BANE' but sheesh! He doesn't even look that big with all of those bulky clothes on! And in reference to those articles about Shia Lebaeuf stomping a mud-hole in Hardy, I saw a pic with the two of them side-by-side & Shia even looked bigger than Hardy! I just don't see how Nolan can justify this. Is it really a stretch to believe that a guy could be a hulked-up steroid freak?! They could've even used someone like the wrestler BATISTA who's now acting in 'WWE films' as 'Dave Bautista'. The point is, Bane should look like that & have considerable HEIGHT also! Like I said, I think we're in serious trouble but expect duh apologists to swallow it hook, line, & sinker!

It's also hard to understand that 'Father Finian' had a 'falling-out' with you over this issue! Sure, we don't all agree, all the time, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But to suggest how 'big' Bane appears in that teaser trailer & then lambast YOU for liking Burton's version, then quit the site, is just astounding. Maybe the 1989 film wasn't perfect but IMHO, it started out right, more or less, that is, until it was butchered by Joel Shumacher. I think we discussed this in the past but I believe Michael Keaton was even originally open to a THIRD film but he wasn't gonna play '2nd fiddle' to Jim Carey in money or whatever else. And who can blame him? So obviously neither Keaton or Burton are to blame for everything. That honor goes to the chimps at WB/DC! Now they're 're-imagining' Bane & 'Father' approves?!

I don't approve! Evil or Very Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:31 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 32401L

Oh shit...

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 128780587140361923
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:38 pm

non_amos wrote:I think we're in serious trouble here! I know I joke & say 'THE HULKING 200-LB. BANE' but sheesh! He doesn't even look that big with all of those bulky clothes on! And in reference to those articles about Shia Lebaeuf stomping a mud-hole in Hardy, I saw a pic with the two of them side-by-side & Shia even looked bigger than Hardy! I just don't see how Nolan can justify this. Is it really a stretch to believe that a guy could be a hulked-up steroid freak?! They could've even used someone like the wrestler BATISTA who's now acting in 'WWE films' as 'Dave Bautista'. The point is, Bane should look like that & have considerable HEIGHT also! Like I said, I think we're in serious trouble but expect duh apologists to swallow it hook, line, & sinker!

You know, if I tilt my head waaay back, squint my eyes, spin my chair around really fast until I am dizzy, then drink a bottle of Jack Daniels, the Hardy Boy just MIGHT look like this:
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 Bane

Nope, not even then.....

It's also hard to understand that 'Father Finian' had a 'falling-out' with you over this issue! Sure, we don't all agree, all the time, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But to suggest how 'big' Bane appears in that teaser trailer & then lambast YOU for liking Burton's version, then quit the site, is just astounding. Maybe the 1989 film wasn't perfect but IMHO, it started out right, more or less, that is, until it was butchered by Joel Shumacher. I think we discussed this in the past but I believe Michael Keaton was even originally open to a THIRD film but he wasn't gonna play '2nd fiddle' to Jim Carey in money or whatever else. And who can blame him? So obviously neither Keaton or Burton are to blame for everything. That honor goes to the chimps at WB/DC! Now they're 're-imagining' Bane & 'Father' approves?!

I don't approve! Evil or Very Mad

I really don't know what to say about this. It was random, out of the blue, and nothing personal against him. At all. But some people just have their issues I guess, and for him, apparently Nolan's Bat-film's was it.

He hasn't been deleted though, he's just "MIA" at the moment. So maybe he'll change his mind once the film comes out, or he see's exactly what our issues are with Little Hardy Boy and his 'Mortal Kombat' mask.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:10 am

Well I'm gonna go on a limb here, even though Bane maybe a good villain choice for the third & final film however after seeing that photo of Tom Hardy as Bane now it leaves me to thinking... Is this what Bane actually going to look like? It also begs the question as to whether Nolan finally lose his touch or does he have some sort of Ace up of his sleeve? Personally, I hope it's more of the latter since I have yet to question Nolan's methods of direction! For all we know that could very well be Bane in his non-venom status, so it must make you think that Bane should look awhole lot differently after being jaked up on venom with a possible chance of CGI being in use even though many people believe that Nolan dosen't fully depend on the use of CGI but this could very well be a change of pace!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:01 pm

Would be nice if there where to be some cgi enhancements to bane. But with nolan not really keen on using cgi for just let's cgi this or that. Probably not going to happen. I do still wonder why he choose to do bane of all characters. When hugo/black mask/riddler and others where fair more logical choices for tom to play.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:39 pm

I too thought that villains like Riddler, Penguin and Bane would be good choices for a third/final installment with the acception of Riddler being more of the obvious choice but as it turns out Nolan decided to go with Bane which is actually okay with the consideration that Bane is one of Bat's greatest and most challengable opponents and what better way to conclude the film series than using the one that is best known for breaking Batman's back/spine?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:46 pm

BTW I just found some scene photos of Bats and Bane in the same scene over at Comicbookmovie.com, looks pretty much like a fight scene!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:20 pm

Latino Review

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 BaneBat

Little Hardy Boy is standing at least one step above Bale, and is STILL shorter.

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 Worfisfrustratedmz8
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:35 pm

FACEPALM INDEED!!!!! Rolling Eyes

EDIT TO ADD: Please, somebody quickly, post those images from www.comicbookmovie.com of Batman battling THE HULKING 200-LB. BANE! Man, what a joke!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:04 pm

One neat thing I did notice in one of the riot photos, a sign said it was blackgate prision isn't thaat a key dc comics prision?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:27 pm

non_amos wrote:FACEPALM INDEED!!!!! Rolling Eyes

EDIT TO ADD: Please, somebody quickly, post those images from www.comicbookmovie.com of Batman battling THE HULKING 200-LB. BANE! Man, what a joke!

Since their so many I'll just link just one! How's this one?

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 Image0002
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:30 pm

That's the wrong pic. I was talking about the one where Batman is giving 'Bane' the 'bionic elbow' on the chin & 'Bane' was reeling backwards! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:00 am

non_amos wrote:Please, somebody quickly, post those images from www.comicbookmovie.com of Batman battling THE HULKING 200-LB. BANE! Man, what a joke!
Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Since their so many I'll just link just one! How's this one?

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 Image0002
Note carefully the positioning of Hardy's feet and those steps relatively to Bale. It's clear that on a level surface standing up straight, Bale would DWARF Hardy. Hell, maybe calling him Dwarfbane from now on is the answer.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:37 am

Is it just me, or is there GREY in that Bat-Suit?

Take a look at the two-tone colors, and compare it to the guy on the right in the dark jacket.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:56 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Is it just me, or is there GREY in that Bat-Suit?

Take a look at the two-tone colors, and compare it to the guy on the right in the dark jacket.
I could see that.

Also, the BB outfit was basically a huge piece of black rubber. The outfit from TDK looked more like a blacked body suit with plating attached for armored reinforcement.

The above pic looks like a combination of the two. A single piece of rubber but perhaps with extra plating strategically placed over key joints and vulnerable areas. The cowl attachment also looks to be somewhat modified, though it's hard to be sure.

In fact, it's a little hard to be sure of any of the above but hey...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:05 am

Pic with Batman nailing 'Bane' on the chin please? I know it's futile for me to even try to upload it even if I tried. Nevertheless it really conveys just how laughable this is!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:16 am

non_amos wrote:Pic with Batman nailing 'Bane' on the chin please? I know it's futile for me to even try to upload it even if I tried. Nevertheless it really conveys just how laughable this is!

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 CTllu

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 2 DUMwQ
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:22 am

Thanks AP! Notice how Batman may as well be fighting off a teenager or something. No, excuse me, I'm sure there's kids bigger than that! You really have to question where Nolan is going with this? Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:23 am

non_amos wrote:Thanks AP! Notice how Batman may as well be fighting off a teenager or something. No, excuse me, I'm sure there's kids bigger than that! You really have to question where Nolan is going with this? Suspect

Notice that in each of the shots, Bale is ALWAYS a step below Hardy?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:31 am

Some are suggesting that this is 'pre-venom' Bane & that later in the film he'll be the 'hulking' monster. Well, unless Nolan is gonna use CGI, then I don't see it happening, unless he's gonna use the camera tricks of days gone by, to either make people appear small or as giants? He could've simply got someone who physically filled the role to begin with. That's half the battle won right there!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:38 am

non_amos wrote:Some are suggesting that this is 'pre-venom' Bane & that later in the film he'll be the 'hulking' monster. Well, unless Nolan is gonna use CGI, then I don't see it happening, unless he's gonna use the camera tricks of days gone by, to either make people appear small or as giants? He could've simply got someone who physically filled the role to begin with. That's half the battle won right there!
That ignores what appears to be visible scarring along Dwarfbane's spine. In the comics, he's got more than just venom going for him. He's also got plates covering vital organs and other things. If the scarring is anything to judge by, it seems (at the very least) that aspect of the procedure has already been done.

I guess there could be incremental steps toward the comic book version of Bane. The guy's history is hardly inviolable, after all. But as it stands, it's difficult to believe that Hardy could ever pose a threat to Bale. I just can't buy that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next