Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affleck Is The New Batman

+2
Apologist Puncher
superman1938
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Affleck Is The New Batman - Page 2 Empty Re: Affleck Is The New Batman

Post  non_amos Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:46 am

I just have seen this for the first time on this forum but the pic immediately struck me as fake. Not only is the codpiece an 'eyesore' but the costume itself is like some Halloween costume or something. It's almost like they're trying to channel Adam West but with the big black bat-symbol instead of the yellow oval.

Personally I think the real suit will have gray in it like the comics. Will there be armor? I don't know. But whatever they do I'm all in favor of a more comics-influenced approach as long as we're talking 'classic' approach. Don't go with a 'new 52' approach at all!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:15 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=90896

Ben Affleck On How His BATMAN Will Differ To Christian Bale's, Internet Reaction And More

Ben Affleck talks in detail about his reaction to the negative responses about him being cast as the Caped Crusader in Batman Vs. Superman, how his "older and wiser version" will differ to Christian Bale's, and whether he views this role as a way of making up for Daredevil. Check it out!
By Josh Wilding - 12/3/2013

"I expected that reaction," Ben Affleck told Playboy Magazine when they asked how he felt to see some of the slightly more extreme reactions to the news that Zack Snyder had chosen him to play Batman in his follow-up to Man of Steel. "Warner Bros. told me, 'You should know what you’re getting into.' They showed me the reactions to other folks who had been cast in these roles. They said this is how it tends to play out initially." As for how they managed to convince him to sign up for a role in the movie, the Argo director added, "When they asked if I would be Batman, I told them I don’t see myself in the role and I was going to have to beg off. They said I’d fit well into how they were going to approach the character and asked me to look at what the writer-director, Zack Snyder, was doing. The stuff was incredible."

The last few years have obviously seen Affleck taken seriously as both an actor and director thanks to movies like Argo and The Town, so why on Earth would he agree to once again suit up as a comic book character? It's all down to Zack Snyder! "It was a unique take on Batman that was still consistent with the mythology. It made me excited. All of a sudden I had a reading of the character. When people see it, it will make more sense than it does now or even than it did to me initially. I don’t want to give away too much, but the idea for the new Batman is to redefine him in a way that doesn’t compete with the Bale and Chris Nolan Batman but still exists within the Batman canon. It will be an older and wiser version, particularly as he relates to Henry Cavill’s Superman character." It definitely sounds as if Batman and Superman's relationship will be an interesting one, while these comments make it clear that this universe is indeed separate to Nolan's.

"I understand I’m at a disadvantage with the internet," Affleck responded when he was once again asked how he felt to see petitions and raging editorials about him playing Batman. As it turns out, he's making it a priority to ensure that this movie isn't a repeat of Daredevil! "If I thought the result would be another Daredevil, I’d be out there picketing myself. [laughs] Why would I make the movie if I didn’t think it was going to be good and that I can be good in it? The only movie I actually regret is Daredevil. It just kills me. I love that story, that character, and the fact that it got [frick]ed up the way it did stays with me. Maybe that’s part of the motivation to do Batman."
Can't wait to see what they're planning.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:20 pm

Affleck starred in Gigli but the only movie he regrets is Daredevil? Fuck's sake...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:23 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Affleck starred in Gigli but the only movie he regrets is Daredevil? Fuck's sake...
I read prior to 'Daredevil' that he was a huge fan of the character. Something tells me it's more personal with Daredevil, than it is to a one-off flop of a piece of shit.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:54 pm

http://batman-news.com/2014/01/17/rumor-ben-affleck-injures-leg-batman-vs-superman-production-delayed/

Rumor: Ben Affleck injures leg, ‘Batman vs. Superman’ production delayed
By Chris Begley on January 17th, 2014

Update: Warner Bros. just announced that Batman vs. Superman has been delayed until 2016.

Here at Batman News, I take pride in only reporting news and rumors from reputable sources. I don’t want to mislead anyone, or see fans get excited over something that will never turn out to be true. It’s rare that I post my own rumors, but something showed up in my inbox today that I just couldn’t ignore.

According to my source, Ben Affleck has sustained a leg injury, and as a result Batman vs. Superman production has been pushed back six weeks. The crew was informed of that decision earlier this week, and told they’ll be on hiatus for about a month.

It’s unclear exactly how serious this injury is. Just a few days ago Affleck was photographed walking around Los Angeles with his family, but apparently it’s big enough to keep him from working for a few weeks. Batman vs. Superman was scheduled to begin shooting next month, but if this turns out to be true, a March start date is much more likely.

Based on who I was emailing this afternoon, and the things he’s showed and told me, I felt like this was worth mentioning just in case it turns out to be true. I’d appreciate it if my fellow media members could help me look into this story. I’ll update this post if I hear anything about this rumor being confirmed or denied.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:48 pm

I first learned of this through my Facebook notifications just prior to seeing it here also. What a steaming pile this is! And Peter Pan taking it's place?! Gimme a break! Or were they afraid they couldn't compete with Avengers & Star Wars?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:06 pm

non_amos wrote:I first learned of this through my Facebook notifications just prior to seeing it here also. What a steaming pile this is! And Peter Pan taking it's place?! Gimme a break! Or were they afraid they couldn't compete with Avengers & Star Wars?
Freaking THANK YOU!

And to be honest, they have every reason to be concerned. I wouldn't want to go up against Avengers and Star Wars. It's good business sense to hold off a little bit. Plus, it gives people an extra break from the MOS hype machine. I have no idea if Affleck actually injured his leg. I doubt it but I don't know. But I view this as a good thing in the long run even if it's not so good for Affleck's leg.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Affleck was walking just fine at the "Actors Sucking Off Other Actors" Awards last night, I hear......
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:35 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Affleck was walking just fine at the "Actors Sucking Off Other Actors" Awards last night, I hear......
Ah. So it seems that all this really was a way for WB to delay MOS II while saving face. Whatever, fine by me. They're making the right call in not wanting to slug it out with two established franchises. It's the smart move.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:08 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Affleck was walking just fine at the "Actors Sucking Off Other Actors" Awards last night, I hear......
Ah. So it seems that all this really was a way for WB to delay MOS II while saving face. Whatever, fine by me. They're making the right call in not wanting to slug it out with two established franchises. It's the smart move.

WB was kinda rushing this project anyway when you think about it. Remember how long we had to wait for MOS after we found out that Cavill had been cast? Seemed like forever & a day but it finally got here & was worth the wait. And remember, MOS was moved back from the previous Christmas season so it wouldn't have to compete with THE HOBBIT. It seems duh brothers have grown some brains! Also, what I mean by rushed too is that they were practically fast-tracking the film like they were in a hurry to get it in theaters ASAP which wasn't the approach with MOS. I hate to wait but maybe it's for the best. We'll certainly get a better finished project. Now if we only knew what that 'Untitled' Marvel film is?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:17 am

I may end up eating crow on this but I doubt it's an Avengers-oriented film.

Now watch Marvel turn around and announce that it's a Black Widow movie or something.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I may end up eating crow on this but I doubt it's an Avengers-oriented film.

Now watch Marvel turn around and announce that it's a Black Widow movie or something.

I mentioned this in another thread but I'm afraid Marvel will pull a fast one & it'll be IRON MAN 4! To the best of my knowledge there are no more Iron Man films coming except for RDJ being signed for the next 2 Avengers films. But what if Marvel changes their mind? What if they already have a story in mind, post-Avengers 2, that they were toying with even before WB changed the date for Supes/Bats? And all this might do is give Marvel more incentive? Perhaps it was originally non-Avengers related but now? Who knows?!

I could say there's room for both. We know in 2008 that THE DARK KNIGHT got all the raves but.....IRON MAN came first & held it's own for a new franchise with a relatively unknown character, unknown to Joe Blow anyway. However, there was a little time between the franchises. How would they do on the same day? That would be like the box-office fight of the decade that would be picked up by all the media outlets! But should we worry?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:04 am

Being as Marvel apparently doesn't have a solid plan lined up yet for a specific character or movie, this might actually scare them into rescheduling the thing.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:11 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=93226

More From Kevin Smith On Ben Affleck's MAN OF STEEL 2 Bat-Suit

The actor/director has already said that he was shown a snap of his pal Ben Affleck wearing the new Bat-suit, but in the latest edition of his podcast, Smith goes into a bit more detail - revealing that Superman was also present in the picture he saw.
By Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 1/21/2014

Last year while hosting the Man Of Steel fan event, Kevin Smith was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the costume that would be worn by Ben Affleck when he appears as The Dark Knight in Zack Snyder's Batman VS. Superman themed sequel. Smith actually spilled a few details, stating that the suit reminded him of comic book artist Jim Lee's take on the Caped Crusader, and now during his Fatman On Batman Podcast he discusses it again - and although he keeps schtum on any further specifics relating to the look of the suit, he does reveal that Bats wasn't alone in the pic he was shown.

“I talked about it on Hollywood Babble-On, but I have seen the suit. I did this Man Of Steel Yahoo, fan event when the DVD came out. I was hosting Zack Snyder was there, Amy Adams, we had Henry Cavill from satellite over in the UK, and you know it was all about Man of Steel. And at one point Zack talked a little bit about the future and Batman Vs Superman, but when the show was all done, Zack was all like ‘Kev come here, come here’, and he takes me over to the corner and whips out his phone, and he shows me a picture of Batman. Live action version of Batman. A very familiar Batman, I might add. It didn’t look like any of the cinematic Batmans that have ever gone before. He shows me that picture and behind Batman…Superman in the suit looming in the distance. Both on a roof top kind of thing. It was on a set, a little set the put together for this photo shoot. So I was like ‘Oh my god! Is that the suit?! The suit looks amazing! Did you get people to model it?’ And he goes, ‘That’s your boy.’ And I look closely and it’s Ben Affleck wearing the suit. The suit, it is not mine to spill, in terms of what it looks like, you’ll see it. They’ll tell you when they want you to know, but any Batman fan is going to be F—ing pleased. I’m going to tell you that right now. They gave you the suit you all wanted to see.”

Judging by Smith's description of the picture, it sounds to me like he saw what will be the very first official promo image from the movie; or would have been at any rate - who knows now that its release has been pushed back to 2016. Still, if the image is at their disposal I can't see WB waiting too long to give fans SOMETHING to whet their appetites, especially now that we've been hit with the bad news of the 10 month delay.

I have a feeling the first picture we see will look something like this:

Affleck Is The New Batman - Page 2 Tumblr_modg5jFqYy1rvm4udo1_1280
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Heard that in the new Fat Man on Batman (the one about Bill Finger). I was going to write up a little sumthin-sumthin about it.

The part that jumped out at me is "They gave you the suit you all wanted to see". Now, I know what I want to see. But how likely am I to see it in such a reality-based film? Seems unlikely. So maybe what Smith meant was more that Snyder and co. are using a typical armor'ish type of thing but with the yellow oval, big yellow belt, gray body suit and blue accessories.

What I'd like to see is an outfit like he wore in The Dark Knight comic book written by David Finch (before The New 52 came along and fucked it all up).

Affleck Is The New Batman - Page 2 Batman10

Honestly, that's different enough from the black rubber stuff we've seen up to now that I think people really would freak out over it. Maybe in a good way, maybe not. But there'd definitely be a reaction.

I dig the glowing yellow oval. Plus, you can do some stuff to simulate the white slits. Mount little lights inside the cowl that cast white light across Bruce's eyes. Basically what Smallville did with Dr. Fate. And speaking of Smallville, why not have Bruce use a voice modulator rather than that retarded Bale growl shit?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:58 pm

While I'm in the process of accepting a new "Batman" who is not only being played by Ben Affleck but also is assume to be different from the previous Batman's that we've seen from past medias including "The Dark Knight Trilogy", I decided to take the time to post a pic with extra details added through photo-shop that I've been putting together on my spare time of what I would like (Based on my taste) for the Bat-suit to look in terms of concept like design.

And here it is...

Affleck Is The New Batman - Page 2 Batman14

If the actual Bat-suit have a design similar to this then I'm cool with it! The only worries afterwards is Affleck nailing the roll.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:08 pm

I know people online have been bitching, "SHOCKING"!!!, about Batman being around before Superman in the 'MOS' universe. I can sort-of understand why, but I hope Snyder & Co.  do something like this:

Batman is a vigilante. Not a hero. He does what he does for HIMSELF, not for the people or the city of Gotham. The citizens are just as afraid of him as the criminals. So when he first hears of Superman, butts-heads with him, then finally understands why he does what he does, decides to become a hero too.

This jibes with the "seasoned" Batman we've heard about, but sticks to the status quo of Superman being the first superhero. He inspires all the others to be like him.

Will they go this way? I'm not sure. But SHOULD they? Methinks yes......
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I know people online have been bitching, "SHOCKING"!!!, about Batman being around before Superman in the 'MOS' universe. I can sort-of understand why, but I hope Snyder & Co.  do something like this:

Batman is a vigilante. Not a hero. He does what he does for HIMSELF, not for the people or the city of Gotham. The citizens are just as afraid of him as the criminals. So when he first hears of Superman, butts-heads with him, then finally understands why he does what he does, decides to become a hero too.

This jibes with the "seasoned" Batman we've heard about, but sticks to the status quo of Superman being the first superhero. He inspires all the others to be like him.

Will they go this way? I'm not sure. But SHOULD they? Methinks yes......
Funny you should mention it, this is basically the tack Smallville- Season 11 took. Yes another thing Smallville did before Goyer.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2