Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman in World's Finest/MOS II (casting, costuming, continuity)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Batman in World's Finest/MOS II (casting, costuming, continuity) - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman in World's Finest/MOS II (casting, costuming, continuity)

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:00 pm

lib wrote:Just read online that Bryan Cranston signed a six picture deal to appear as Lex Luthor.  Not sure how true it is though.  Just read it on yahoo.
Not so fast:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=86297

Anyone with even the tiniest bit of common sense knows that Cosmic Book News is a joke of a website, well-known for starting false rumours. Unfortunately, that didn't include a number of far more reliable sites who would embarrassingly pick up on their story that Bryan Cranston had been cast as 'Lex Luthor' by Warner Bros. for 2015's Batman/Superman movie. Talking to The Boston Globe recently, the Argo and Drive star had this to say about those reports. "I’ve heard that too. Six? This is all news to me. I think that maybe my name is bandied about because I’m known to be bald. ‘What bald guy can we get?’ The reality is they can take any actor and shave his head or put a bald cap on him." However, when asked whether he would turn to Gene Hackman for advice if he were to get the role, the actor laughed and said, "I can just see how that phone call would go. ‘Gene? Hi, this is Bryan Cranston.’ ‘Who? Bryan Cranston? What do you want? How did you get this number?’ " Finally, he added that his schedule is now pretty much free for the rest of the year, and while there are some projects are on the horizon, nothing is set in stone as of yet. Whether that includes Batman/Superman is unknown, but for now, it appears as if he isn't Lex Luthor. "I think I’ll relax the rest of the year. There’s some irons in the fire, things that people are talking about, but nothing is set."
Straight from the horses mouth.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Batman in World's Finest/MOS II (casting, costuming, continuity) - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman in World's Finest/MOS II (casting, costuming, continuity)

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:04 am

However, when asked whether he would turn to Gene Hackman for advice if he were to get the role
Y'know, other actors have played the part. Why not call John Shea? Scott Wells? Sherman Howard? Michael Rosenbaum? Or shit, Clancy Brown freaking nailed it so why not call him?

Or, um, maybe just do his own research like Cavill did? How's that for a wacky idea?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:58 pm

I guess duh brothers are gonna treat Batman as being Superman's 'senior' after all:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/warner-bros-chief-says-ben-affleck-perfect-new-vision-batman/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Warner Bros Chief Says Ben Affleck Is “Perfect” For New Vision Of Batman

By DAVID LIEBERMAN, Financial Editor | Thursday September 12, 2013 @ 6:12pm EDT

The Dark Knight in the unnamed sequel to Man Of Steel is “kind of tired and weary and seasoned and Batman in World's Finest/MOS II (casting, costuming, continuity) - Page 2 BenAffleck__130711161715-200x225__130711201532__130823014110been doing it for a while,” Warner Bros CEO Kevin Tsujihara told investors at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media, Communications and Entertainment Conference. Ben Affleck — a controversial choice to play Batman among many fans — “is perfect for the vision….We think it’s going to be huge.” Tsujihara says the film is one example of how his DC Comics unit “really does tie to all parts of our business.” The company has three animated TV shows based on DC characters, and “think about the direct to videos we do with DC and the games. This year we have two huge games.” The CEO added that “I love the way our slate is positioned going forward.” With opportunities in television and home video, “we’re confident we can grow this business.”
So I guess then that Batman was around for years before Superman was & when he learns of Zod's death he'll 'take Superman to school' so to speak, Frank Miller style. At least that's the angle I assume they'll take. Lex Luthor will no doubt be thrown into the mix to 'stoke the flames' of said public dissent. Not that I disagree with Luthor but..........

Oy! Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:36 am

A while ago, rumors swirled that Christian Bale might come back as Batman. Obviously that didn't happen but it touched off another of my little conspiracy theories.

I think WB made a fresh offer to Bale and word of it got out. The Batman in MOS II/WF looks like he'll be a "veteran Batman". For better or for worse. In those terms, it seems logical enough for WB to reach out to Bale since, hey, maybe they could use it as a vehicle to tap in on his ongoing popularity. Bale signing on to return as Batman would definitely lend marquee value to this thing, build up some buzz, all that jazz.

Obviously we know how it worked out but I'm now a believer that the only reason Bale isn't Batman is because Bale himself doesn't want to do it anymore.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:22 am

I'm working a lot lately so can't do much here but I can't help but notice the lack of activity in general. Has about everyone left? Is it time for the return of the Tumbleweed?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:27 am

Nobody ever responds when I put something up. After a while I have to wonder what the point of it is if I'm just posting stuff only I seem to read.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:35 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Nobody ever responds when I put something up. After a while I have to wonder what the point of it is if I'm just posting stuff only I seem to read.
Preaching to the choir here dude. I've been working a lot of over-time among other things I have going on, been on a different shift for training, etc., but even in spite of my lack of participation lately I'd still hate to see the board just become defunct. I haven't seen AP here in probably weeks or James Stocks. Comic Book Dude posted recently but besides you, me & him that's about it. I know there's maybe not a lot going on lately besides Ben Affleck but hopefully something will happen to re-inspire everyone. The Blu-Ray release of MOS perhaps?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:54 pm

non_amos wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Nobody ever responds when I put something up. After a while I have to wonder what the point of it is if I'm just posting stuff only I seem to read.
Preaching to the choir here dude. I've been working a lot of over-time among other things I have going on, been on a different shift for training, etc., but even in spite of my lack of participation lately I'd still hate to see the board just become defunct. I haven't seen AP here in probably weeks or James Stocks. Comic Book Dude posted recently but besides you, me & him that's about it. I know there's maybe not a lot going on lately besides Ben Affleck but hopefully something will happen to re-inspire everyone. The Blu-Ray release of MOS perhaps?
Well, since you mention it, WB seems set on a 2015 release date for whatever reason. That means the train has to start rolling pretty quick if they're going to meet that release date. So that puts the start of principal photography, what, around March or April? Odds are there'll be tricklings of news stuff now and then. New cast members, returning cast members, maybe some location info, all that stuff. I think the lead up to Christmas will be pretty dead but after that I think we can expect the gates to open back up.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:15 am

I'm still around. Just hasn't been much to post about. Plus I was in Vegas for a week. But even if I end up posting just for myself, I'll keep this place going.

I hear Snyder is talking to Timothy Dalton about playing Alfred. That would be KILLER.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:58 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I'm still around. Just hasn't been much to post about. Plus I was in Vegas for a week. But even if I end up posting just for myself, I'll keep this place going.

I hear Snyder is talking to Timothy Dalton about playing Alfred. That would be KILLER.
If it came to that, I'd be fine with it. Think I suggested Ben Kingsley at some point but, hey, Dalton works too.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:41 am

I start getting frustrated by the lack of ANYTHING regarding the sequel, and then I remember:

This is a Bros. Warner film.

The same studio that failed to "whet the appetite" of Superman fanboys for months on end after filming ended. The studio that failed to capitalize on Kevin Costners HUGE "Hatfields & McCoys" media attention. The studio that ran a weak, half-assed viral marketing campaign for MOS. The studio that thought "Green Lanturd" was going to be their "Iron Man".

And then I just shrug.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:03 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I start getting frustrated by the lack of ANYTHING regarding the sequel, and then I remember:

This is a Bros. Warner film.

The same studio that failed to "whet the appetite" of Superman fanboys for months on end after filming ended. The studio that failed to capitalize on Kevin Costners HUGE "Hatfields & McCoys" media attention. The studio that ran a weak, half-assed viral marketing campaign for MOS. The studio that thought "Green Lanturd" was going to be their "Iron Man".

And then I just shrug.
As true as that all is, in the end I think WB's marketing mostly paid off. They seemed to want to wait until the last maybe two or so months before wide release to begin their full marketing push. And as it is, we know more about World's Finest than we do Star Wars VII. Both have release dates but a casting announcement for WF has been made and odds are we'll know more either in the next month or else shortly after Christmas.

Chin up. It could be worse.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:37 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:As true as that all is, in the end I think WB's marketing mostly paid off. They seemed to want to wait until the last maybe two or so months before wide release to begin their full marketing push. And as it is, we know more about World's Finest than we do Star Wars VII. Both have release dates but a casting announcement for WF has been made and odds are we'll know more either in the next month or else shortly after Christmas.

Chin up. It could be worse.
Here's the thing though: A WB film that DOESN'T need a lot in the way of promotion, 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug', ALREADY has TV spots. Almost 3 months prior to release. MOS didn't get them until when, about a month prior to release? How does THAT make sense?

Look, I am perfectly fine with what MOS made worldwide. Would more have been better? Sure. But it is the overall #3 movie in a super crowded summer. But I think getting people excited well in advance was a smarter way to go. I hope they learn from this, when 'World's Batman Vs. Finest Superman' comes out.

But they won't.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Well, my original hypothesis was that WB wasn't completely committed to MOS. Maybe the marketing shit from MOS is a symptom of that. But the movie kicked ass at the box office and people are excited about what's coming. So there's financial incentive for WB to take the sequel more seriously.

Or so I hope.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:06 pm

I know I'm just posting for myself now, but fuck it. I'll keep myself informed:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=89216

A week ago, a source for Batman on Film, informed the site that the Batmobile is being designed and built by General Motors at the GM Advanced Design Studio in North Hollywood. Their source, stressed that the new Batmobile would not look like the Tumbler, as seen in Chris Nolan's Batman trilogy.

According to my source, who I will refer to as, “General Napier,” General Motors IS working on the Batmobile designs, but I was also told that production designer Nathan Crowley, and engineers Chris Culvert and Andy Smith, have been consulting on the designs. All three previously worked on Nolan's Batman trilogy. They were responsible for converting Nolan's "crude" Play-Doh design of the Tumbler into the Lamborghini/tank-like vehicle that it became. My source tells me, ideas are still being tossed around, but don't be surprised if some elements from the Tumbler ARE incorporated into the final design. What those elements are? I haven't been told.

How about Ben Affleck's costume? We have a bit of info about Batman's cowl. Which in the comics and movies has been used to conceal Bruce Wayne's identity and to add to his imposing and intimidating presence. My source tells me that current cowl designs resemble the Caped Crusader's look in Batman: Noël. Which is a 2011 graphic novel written and illustrated by Lee Bermejo, based on Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. They also explored concepts that looked like Injustice: Gods Among Us designs, but ultimately passed on those because they were too similar to Nolan's costume.

Couple weekends ago, Zack Snyder filmed Batman Vs. Superman scenes at East Los Angeles College’s Weingart Stadium. It was a football game between Gotham City University and Metropolis State University. A rumor, first appearing on Collider, stated that Ben Affleck was in attendance giving a motivational halftime speech. I'm told Affleck wasn't even in the state at the time, and furthermore, hasn't filmed any of his part yet.

Let's wrap this up with a few Superman tidbits. My source tells me that Henry Cavill just received a copy of David Goyer's script last week, and that you can expect alterations to Superman's costume, as there are "two separate teams working on the suits." Which is something that was also brought up by Peter Georgiou (thinkmcflythink.com) last week on Twitter.
Batman in World's Finest/MOS II (casting, costuming, continuity) - Page 2 4f83dbde8188f
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:My source tells me that Henry Cavill just received a copy of David Goyer's script last week, and that you can expect alterations to Superman's costume
Mmm, interesting. Dare we hope for the return of the trunks? I doubt it but would welcome it. Please prove me wrong!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2