Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Goyer Is Writing And Zack Snyder Is Directing 'Justice League'. Maybe.

3 posters

Go down

David Goyer Is Writing And Zack Snyder Is Directing 'Justice League'. Maybe. Empty David Goyer Is Writing And Zack Snyder Is Directing 'Justice League'. Maybe.

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=77776

RUMOR: WB Moving On JUSTICE LEAGUE With David Goyer In Line To Direct?

Has Warner Bros. finally locked down a director for their troubled DC team up flick? Just a Tweet from a reliable source on this so far, but click on to see what a "little bird" apparently told AMC's John Campea..
Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 4/17/2013

John Campea @johncampea

So take this for what it's worth, but a little bird just told me WB is moving on #JusticeLeague w Goyer possibly directing.
11:47 AM - 17 Apr 2013

John Campea @johncampea

Re #justiceleague 2 industry guys emailed in last 5 mins. 1 heard same from same source, 1 says Goyer is on but writing only.
11:59 AM - 17 Apr 2013

Sounds like Goyer is involved in some way, but like the man says, take it for what it's worth. Quite a few industry types seem to think this is very likely to be true though and that Goyer may also be writing the new script for the movie. I think just writing is far more likely myself, but we do know Warner Bros. have had some trouble signing a director up to previous incarnations of this project so who knows. It does make sense that Goyer would be brought on board Justice League though, as he has helped steer the studio to massive success with Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, and is likely to do so again with Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel. Thoughts?

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

David Goyer Is Writing And Zack Snyder Is Directing 'Justice League'. Maybe. Empty Re: David Goyer Is Writing And Zack Snyder Is Directing 'Justice League'. Maybe.

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:03 pm

This could be a good thing. It would ensure continuity with MOS, which I see as an absolute. That can't be up for grabs. I desperately want not only Cavill to play Superman in the JLA movie but for it to feel like it's the same Superman from MOS. Goyer is the obvious choice for ensuring that. Plus, he may have another take on Batman up his sleeve which could be used for a spinoff Batman movie.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

David Goyer Is Writing And Zack Snyder Is Directing 'Justice League'. Maybe. Empty Re: David Goyer Is Writing And Zack Snyder Is Directing 'Justice League'. Maybe.

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:20 pm

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/23/justice-league-movie-seems-set-to-reunite-man-of-steels-zack-snyder-and-david-goyer/

Justice League Movie Seems Set To Reunite Man Of Steel’s Zack Snyder And David Goyer
Posted on April 23, 2013 by Brendon Connelly

When Warner Bros. were trying to overlap work on Man of Steel and Justice League, it didn’t seem at all likely that Zack Snyder would direct the film. There were obvious and practical reasons he wouldn’t have been on the much-discussed studio wishlist.

The names that kept coming up were Ben Affleck, Lana and Andy Wachowski and, whispered directly into our ears here at Bleeding Cool, Ruben Fleischer. I’m sure there were several more considered too.

But plans change, and schedules slip and now, Snyder is all but done with Man of Steel and it looks like Warner Bros. have offered him the top seat for Justice League.

We don’t know if he’s accepted, and we don’t know when he’d actually make the film, but it seems more or less certain on all available evidence that he’s actually been offered the gig.

Corroborating this, perhaps, is a recent interview between Ruben Fleischer and Screen Crush. There to talk about Gangster Squad, Fleischer was inevitably asked about the League.

He said:

Well that’s something that Zack Snyder is going to wind up doing.

Now, his phrasing does suggest to me a sense of resignation more than inside knowledge, but he’s far from the only voice on this – he’s just been the most public.

The plan as we’re hearing it is for Snyder and his Man of Steel writer David Goyer to put their heads together and see what Justice League ideas they can come up with. After this, Goyer will turn in a draft and the studio will see where to go from there.

This plan may already be in action, it may have been in action for some time, or it may have recently been agreed upon – nobody has made this clear to me. But somewhere in the pipeline is a serious run at a Snyder-Goyer Justice League.

I’d guess that the plan was made a little while ago and Warner Bros. are now firming things up and deciding if they’ll commit fully. Warner Bros. Pictures’ president Jeff Robinov has teased an upcoming announcement, and while clear-voiced whispers say he’ll have more than one picture to unveil, I’m still imagining that Justice League will be at the heart of the studio’s strategy.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:32 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:This could be a good thing. It would ensure continuity with MOS, which I see as an absolute. That can't be up for grabs. I desperately want not only Cavill to play Superman in the JLA movie but for it to feel like it's the same Superman from MOS. Goyer is the obvious choice for ensuring that. Plus, he may have another take on Batman up his sleeve which could be used for a spinoff Batman movie.
This stuff is only truer if Snyder gets the gig. No complaints here.

The other thing though is that Snyder may have a good take on the other characters. In many ways, he's a good point man to have in developing them for potential JLA spinoff movies. His resume speaks for itself, particularly when it comes to ensemble pieces and giving each character a specific voice and point of view. WB could do a lot worse than Snyder.

If this is true, I'm completely onboard with a JLA movie.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:57 pm

Agreed.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:33 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:This could be a good thing. It would ensure continuity with MOS, which I see as an absolute. That can't be up for grabs. I desperately want not only Cavill to play Superman in the JLA movie but for it to feel like it's the same Superman from MOS. Goyer is the obvious choice for ensuring that. Plus, he may have another take on Batman up his sleeve which could be used for a spinoff Batman movie.
This stuff is only truer if Snyder gets the gig. No complaints here.

The other thing though is that Snyder may have a good take on the other characters. In many ways, he's a good point man to have in developing them for potential JLA spinoff movies. His resume speaks for itself, particularly when it comes to ensemble pieces and giving each character a specific voice and point of view. WB could do a lot worse than Snyder.

If this is true, I'm completely onboard with a JLA movie.

If anyone doubts Snyder, then just watch WATCHMEN again. One of the best Superhero films I've ever seen & with characters I previously didn't give a hoot about! Not even with the comics. Yet Snyder's film just sold me! And if anyone doubts that Snyder could handle Batman?

David Goyer Is Writing And Zack Snyder Is Directing 'Justice League'. Maybe. Z_nite10

David Goyer Is Writing And Zack Snyder Is Directing 'Justice League'. Maybe. Z_nite11
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:47 am

Since it seems relevant now and this seems the best thread for it, it seems obvious you'd want to have Wonder Woman in the movie. So should Adrianne Palicki be given another bite at the apple? Or is it back to the drawing board?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:21 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Since it seems relevant now and this seems the best thread for it, it seems obvious you'd want to have Wonder Woman in the movie. So should Adrianne Palicki be given another bite at the apple? Or is it back to the drawing board?

I'd say it's back to the drawing board. Chances are if it didn't work then it ain't now. There are exceptions like Henry Cavill but chances are it wouldn't work. But it's anyone's guess who would work? Antje Traue anyone?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down