Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

+9
bootspark
gadhero
kivara
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
13 posters

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 4 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:14 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Holy shit, those people NEVER LET UP!!

It's OVER! Blandon ain't coming back!

Yeesh...

Not only that, but they forget that talent-less asshole ALREADY "moved on".....
Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 4 Blando10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 4 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:44 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Here's one from CrossEyesSkyward:
http://www.eyesskyward.com/forum/showthread.php?115-Dylan-Dog-Dead-Of-Night/page12

03-08-2011 10:59 PM #112
Dbreiden83080

For me it really is still annoying. I'm watching that whole trailer and everytime Brandon is on screen it just screams Superman to me. His face, his voice, his presence everything. I really feel he was the man to take the mantle from Chris Reeve. Losing him was a sad sad day for me..

Here's another, from the same thread, illustrating my point from earlier about these retards and their "casting abortions":

Yesterday 08:15 AM #115
Silent Guardian

If WB wants to keep the current Superman and Batman franchises separate from the shared DC Universe (that may include the Ryan Reynolds GL and maybe in development The Flash) then for the Justice League movie they will need some actor (other than Cavill) as Superman, I think that Brandon Routh should be considred for that role (JL Superman)

Some people should do the world a favor and just go kill themselves.
Ya know what? Fuck it, I'm coming back to this.

Not too long after Singer was announced as taking over the franchise (a move I never thought was intuitive; he never seemed like the go-to guy for Superman, even before he shot a frame of footage) came the announcement that Blandon BJ would be headlining as Singerman (even though the term didn't exist at the time).

Not too long after that, word got out that he got fired from whatever soap opera he'd been on before. And for what? Get this: bad acting. He got canned. From a SOAP OPERA. For BAD ACTING. I read that and could only think "We. Are. Fucked."

But I never could find anything with him in it. Before Singerman came out, I only saw BJ in two things- the Singerman trailer (if that even counts as a separate entity) and that one episode of Gilmore Girls. He didn't say much in the GG episode... but if you've seen Singerman (or really anything he's done), you've pretty much seen that Gilmore Girls scene.

Then Singerman came out... well, you all know about that so no use beating a dead horse.

Then YouTube really took off and became a virtual repository for anything you might be looking for... including BJ The Bartender's old soap opera clips. Guys, everything you saw in Singerman was readily apparent from those soap opera clips. Everything. The dull delivery of dialogue, the stiff posture and mannerisms, the inability to make eye contact with other actors, the flat voice, the lack of emotion, etc. It's all there. Or not depending on how you look at it. Everything that makes Blandon Blandon, everything we railed against in Singerman, everything that has marked every single role he's ever played, it's all captured there in those soap opera clips I saw.

Think about that for a second. How often do you see anything that captures an actor's entire essence? Whether they're brilliant performers or not, usually you need more than one episode or film or something to really get an idea of how they are as actors. I mean, for as brilliant as Marlon Brando was, there was more to him than Kurtz, Jor-El and Vito Corleone.

You go down the line and it's true of so many other actors. There's more to Kevin Costner than Jim Garrison, Elliot Ness, Wyatt Earp, John Dunbar, etc. Hell, say whatever you want about Tom Cruise but at least he can surprise us once in a while with Les Grossman and similar things.

But BJ is BLANDON in every motherfucking thing he does. It's always the same, it's always unbearable and it ALWAYS blows my mind when people cry out for the guy to be given another chance at Superman in ANY capacity.

Fuck man, these people are retards...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:34 pm

Ya they will never give up when its clear as day routh will never see anything superman again.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:15 pm

More "CrossEyesSkyward" stupidity:

Asshole trying to claim Singerman was more "faithful" to Superman than Smallville:
http://www.eyesskyward.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-SR-A-Thematic-Analysis/page2
Today 08:30 AM #14
vividly_pathetic

Thank you, this is all I've been saying all these years. Whereas the SR Superman was the one we knew and loved until circumstances changed him.

By the way? Looooongest quote with the shortest reply... Ever!

"Circumstances changed him"? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....HAHA.

Apologists NEVER cease to remind you of how utterly retarded they REALLY are.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Here's another dumbass responding to an earlier post i made in this thread:
http://www.eyesskyward.com/forum/showthread.php?115-Dylan-Dog-Dead-Of-Night/page12
Yesterday 12:53 AM #118
Boy Scout

Originally Posted by vividly_pathetic
Hopefully this movie is a surprise hit and WB at least reconsider him as a potential future TV Superman if nothing else.
That makes two of us. Brandon deserves another shot at the role, I don't care what anyone says.

You can throw a tantrum and "not care what anyone says", but the fact is, WB HAS SPOKEN. Your little man-crush is finished.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 4 Temper-tantrum
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:22 am

It's funny, that little thread has done more to separate the men from the boys when it comes to the sickness of being an Apologist than any number of anti-SV comment sections on the Younis page.

Well. Maybe not. But still, a lot of true colors are being shown there.

As to the argument that Singerman is somehow more faithful to the mythos than SV... it blows my mind that people still make that argument. But then, some people preferred Van Hagar, New Coke and Ben Reilly. Some people just have retarded opinions.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:08 pm

This is sort of a general rant but why in the fuck do people register names like "Batman" or "The Man of Steel" or shit like that on discussion forums? I'm sorry but that's just fucking retarded. Before TDK the movie came out, I guess I'd have been okay with some dipshit calling himself "The Dark Knight" but lately that moniker has almost replaced the fucking character's actual name so it's now on my hit list too.

I really hope someone doesn't activate an account here under the name "Clark Kent" or something equally stupid because I'd ban his ass on principle.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:32 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:It's funny, that little thread has done more to separate the men from the boys when it comes to the sickness of being an Apologist than any number of anti-SV comment sections on the Younis page.

Well. Maybe not. But still, a lot of true colors are being shown there.

What's even FUNNIER is, in my little "perusing" of that site, the most BLATANT Apologists post in ALL of the male casting threads, but NEVER show-up in the female.

Wonder why THAT is........?

As to the argument that Singerman is somehow more faithful to the mythos than SV... it blows my mind that people still make that argument. But then, some people preferred Van Hagar, New Coke and Ben Reilly. Some people just have retarded opinions.

Honestly, it all boils down to this: You can't argue with success.

The Apologists can twist things around in their heads, and fill it with all the bullshit they want. Doesn't change facts.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:What's even FUNNIER is, in my little "perusing" of that site, the most BLATANT Apologists post in ALL of the male casting threads, but NEVER show-up in the female.

Wonder why THAT is........?
cheers I think we both know the answer to that one.

Honestly, it all boils down to this: You can't argue with success.

The Apologists can twist things around in their heads, and fill it with all the bullshit they want. Doesn't change facts.
I get your point. But show me the Superman comic where he knocked Lois up, blew town for five years, stalked her upon his arrival, tried getting into her pants behind her common law hubby's back, took a beating without resistance, etc.

When it comes to Superman comics, I would say I've read a decent bit but that shit is COMPLETELY out of left field. Number one.

But number two, where in the hell do you take THAT storyline? If you keep Cyclops and Damien in the picture, you wreck the classic mythos that have endured for decades.

If you vilify Cyclops and kill Damien... you wreck the classic mythos that have endured for decades. Nobody, freaking NOBODY, has yet shown me a way to carry the Singerman storyline forward in a way that celebrates the mythos.

You want to know why the friggin critics (allegedly) loved Singerman so much? Look no further. From the Singerman bikini to BJ Blandon in the role to the storyline itself, nothing about Singerman celebrates the mythos; rather, Singerman eradicates them. That is what the critics supposedly approved of.

And you want to know one reason why WB is rebooting the thing? Again, look no further. With the final product in mind, I'm actually starting to think WB would've rebooted no matter what (but Singerman's utter decimation at the box office sure didn't help matters).

Now, you compare that bullshit to SV. I won't argue that SV hasn't made mistakes now and again (you run a TV show for ten years without a mistake, let me know how it goes) but 90% of the shit SV does is, in some way or another, faithful to some period of the comics or another. And even where SV sincerely diverges from the source, it does so no more often and, God knows, to no worse an outcome than other adaptations.

For an Apologist to argue that Singerman celebrates the mythos while SV destroys on them is just too much to bear. I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel. Whether SV is part of the discussion or not, Singerman is an intentional repudiation of the mythos. A deconstruction. To argue otherwise does nothing but show ignorance on the subject.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:59 pm

Ya I am with you there. Sr destoryed way more then any of the crap stuff sv has done.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:03 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I get your point. But show me the Superman comic where he knocked Lois up, blew town for five years, stalked her upon his arrival, tried getting into her pants behind her common law hubby's back, took a beating without resistance, etc.

When it comes to Superman comics, I would say I've read a decent bit but that shit is COMPLETELY out of left field. Number one.

But number two, where in the hell do you take THAT storyline? If you keep Cyclops and Damien in the picture, you wreck the classic mythos that have endured for decades.

If you vilify Cyclops and kill Damien... you wreck the classic mythos that have endured for decades. Nobody, freaking NOBODY, has yet shown me a way to carry the Singerman storyline forward in a way that celebrates the mythos.

You want to know why the friggin critics (allegedly) loved Singerman so much? Look no further. From the Singerman bikini to BJ Blandon in the role to the storyline itself, nothing about Singerman celebrates the mythos; rather, Singerman eradicates them. That is what the critics supposedly approved of.

And you want to know one reason why WB is rebooting the thing? Again, look no further. With the final product in mind, I'm actually starting to think WB would've rebooted no matter what (but Singerman's utter decimation at the box office sure didn't help matters).

Now, you compare that bullshit to SV. I won't argue that SV hasn't made mistakes now and again (you run a TV show for ten years without a mistake, let me know how it goes) but 90% of the shit SV does is, in some way or another, faithful to some period of the comics or another. And even where SV sincerely diverges from the source, it does so no more often and, God knows, to no worse an outcome than other adaptations.

For an Apologist to argue that Singerman celebrates the mythos while SV destroys on them is just too much to bear. I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel. Whether SV is part of the discussion or not, Singerman is an intentional repudiation of the mythos. A deconstruction. To argue otherwise does nothing but show ignorance on the subject.

Let me boil it down even FURTHER:

Who ever said Apologists were actually Superman fans?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:16 am

Ya I bet almost all are probably just singer/routh "fans" and don't give two shits about what is what of superman.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:44 pm

A nice little blast from the past, for those of us who came from the Singerman Sucks blog.

Embedding has been disabled by this self-absorbed prick but it's still well worth opening the video on YouTube proper to watch Singer do his best Porky Pig impression.

Of course, the Apologists all hate this video so the comments are pretty much an anti-Welling/anti-Cavill/anti-everythingexceptSingerman acid bath.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:02 am

thecolorsblend wrote:A nice little blast from the past, for those of us who came from the Singerman Sucks blog.

Embedding has been disabled by this self-absorbed prick but it's still well worth opening the video on YouTube proper to watch Singer do his best Porky Pig impression.

Of course, the Apologists all hate this video so the comments are pretty much an anti-Welling/anti-Cavill/anti-everythingexceptSingerman acid bath.

Good times.

I spotted TWO cartoon character "lookalikes" in that video.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 4 DUMBO
And:

Suck it, Apologist dickwad's....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:12 am

Rumor- Jessica Biel Up For Lois?
URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9399#comments

No comments have yet been posted but allow me to issue a prediction. Someone will come along and say she's not qualified for the part. By qualified, they mean "she's not male so of course she isn't qualified". Someone else will call her and her work "animistic". Finally, someone will type up an utterly irrelevant post about Common.

Let's see how it goes.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:35 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Rumor- Jessica Biel Up For Lois?

No comments have yet been posted but allow me to issue a prediction. Someone will come along and say she's not qualified for the part. By qualified, they mean "she's not male so of course she isn't qualified". Someone else will call her and her work "animistic". Finally, someone will type up an utterly irrelevant post about Common.

Let's see how it goes.

Check out her hair color in this recent commercial:

Interesting.......
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:41 pm

And here are a few of the replies to that article at Duh HomoPage"

#5 | S_On_My_Chest on March 14, 2011 1:47am EST
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO . . . NO!!

What an intelligent, well thought out reply this was.

#15 | Daniel McIntosh on March 14, 2011 8:38am EST
I think that she is too old for the role now. I think when she did Blade Trinity she was the right age.

You heard it here first folks. 29 is "too old" to play Lois Lane.

#26 | templepriest on March 14, 2011 3:13pm EST
Did a Google image search on her and it is nearly all swimsuit and cheesecake images as a result.
I don't know that someone as weak-minded and submissive to the Male idea of female roles as she appears to be, could ever really understand Lois Lane's character and strength.

Yep, because a beautiful woman making money off of her looks in HollyWeird makes them "weak-minded" and "submissive", right?

What an asshole.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Blah what a bunch of stupid comments about jessica. totally 29 is not to old at all when its right in the target range of probably 25-35 they are likely to cast for the role. Jessica would be a good choice in my book. Not my first choice but still one that would be on top few list. Plus she looks great with darker hair.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:28 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Rumor- Jessica Biel Up For Lois?

Let's see how it goes.

And...

Apologist douchetard wrote:#4 | Hypoxic on March 14, 2011 1:35am EST
Egads, that's not what I'd call a decent choice. I must add my disapproval of the description of a 'girlfriend' if indeed it is supposed to represent Lois.
Oh wow, did I call it or what?

#14 | MattComics on March 14, 2011 8:26am EST
I think the "not much skill" thing is just the writer of the article being snarky and too lazy to do any research on who the character of Lois Lane actually is.

As for this (potential) choice, typical Hollywood lameness. Biel seems to be a name that gets trotted out anytime there is a comcibook movie project with need for a female character.
As opposed to Jennifer Connelly, Jim Caviezel, Rachel McAdams, Nathan Fillion, Daniel Day-Lewis and zillions of other actors on any given fan wishlist for any given comic book movie? "Fans" have their own little bucket list of go-to casting choices just like any Hollywood casting director; the only differences are (usually) the specific names. Hell, before Batman, Christian Bale's name popped up for everything from a Superman reboot to a Green Lantern movie to The Hobbit to everything else.

#25 | Jeffrey Taylor on March 14, 2011 2:54pm EST
I am Jack's complete lack of enthusiasm.
Is it 1999 again? We're all dope stars in the Matrix die Jar Jar die.

EDIT- I should mention that Jessica Biel is one hell of a better choice than 90% of the names I see on fanlists.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 pm

also with the bitching about the whole "girlfriend" thing about jessica news, its from a cheesy gossip site. So of course places like that probably dont know two cents about who lois lane is or even care to look things up.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 4 Empty RE"Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:A nice little blast from the past, for those of us who came from the Singerman Sucks blog.

B-b-b-b-b-but w-w-w-what's u-u-u-u-up with Singer's s-s-s-speech in that v-v-v-v-vid?! Even Blandon BJ was more eloquent in his speech? W-w-w-w-what's u-u-u-up with that?! And did you see how pissed Singer was about the question? Maybe that's why he couldn't talk!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  kivara Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:23 pm

webhead2006 wrote:i really got sick of that person over at shh supes board when i was on there.

Same here!

She also member on the Supermancinema forum and she's pretty annoying there as well.

kivara
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:36 pm

kivara wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:i really got sick of that person over at shh supes board when i was on there.

Same here!

She also member on the Supermancinema forum and she's pretty annoying there as well.
Really? I didn't know that. What was her name over there?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:39 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
kivara wrote:

Same here!

I've been there, lurking. Place is RIFE with Apologists.

MostPowerfulVaginaStench's name there is "Stargazer". Claims over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again that her fat, blubbery ass is a "Superman fan". Only problem is, her only posts are about BJ Routh or "defending" Singerman Peeps.

You know, like a TRUE fan of Superman does...... Mad
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kivara Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:51 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:
kivara wrote:

Same here!

I've been there, lurking. Place is RIFE with Apologists.

MostPowerfulVaginaStench's name there is "Stargazer". Claims over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again that her fat, blubbery ass is a "Superman fan". Only problem is, her only posts are about BJ Routh or "defending" Singerman Peeps.

You know, like a TRUE fan of Superman does...... Mad

When it was confirmed that Routh wasn't returning as Superman, she actually wrote that she cried and it was the worst day of her life. Rolling Eyes

kivara
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum