Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlestar Galactica - "So say we all."

Go down

Battlestar Galactica - "So say we all." Empty Battlestar Galactica - "So say we all."

Post  James Stocks Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:45 pm

After the Ron Moore series ended four years ago, I've been eager to rewatch the series as a whole and see how it holds up. I've only owned the first season, so I'm most familiar with that while the rest is sort of a blur aside from the latter half of the fourth season. First and only time I saw the rest was when I was just plowing through DVDs from Netflix, so at that pace I never really absorbed a lot of the episodes hence the whole thing being a blur aside from major arcs.

What I really want to do though is revisit the 1978 series. Hadn't seen them since I was a kid, and so far I'm half-way through. As pure space opera it can be pretty fun, although I'm really not that big of a fan of the "fun for the whole family" vibe it tends to jump into with stuff like Boxey and his robot pet, the cliche sitcom subplots with Starbuck being a womanizer like when he's juggling two dates "OH THAT STARBUCK, WHAT A SCOUNDREL!!!". But when the show focuses on the premise more like with "Gun on Ice Planet Zero" it's a lot of fun. The obvious STAR WARS rip has never been too much of a problem for me, as I think the premise itself is unique enough and it's more about finding a new home rather than fighting a war they seemingly can't win.

And I have never once seen an episode of GALACTICA 1980, but I've been warned about it a lot. I'm trying to avoid knowing anything about that until I actually watch it, just to surprise myself.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum