Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman- The Brave & The Bold

2 posters

Go down

Batman- The Brave & The Bold Empty Batman- The Brave & The Bold

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:22 am

Not sure how many of you watched this before it ended but I never bothered with it. The short version is that I was burnt out on Batman for a lot of years there. You can only see The Perfect, Flawless, Infallible, Melodramatic Batman (copyright Grant Morrison) so often before you just get sick of it. After that, you want nothing to do with Batman for a while. And that was me.

But whatever, I really dig this waaaaaay over the top, lighter Batman. I love the shared universe angle but that's also the show's big flaw, if you ask me. I would've liked at least an occasional solo adventure. Still, Superman's guest appearance is pretty much the Superman animated show I've wanted for years. It's of a piece with how Batman is presented and fits on a lot of levels. Really dig it.

Overall, pretty much enjoyable show so far although it's still fairly early on in the first season for me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Batman- The Brave & The Bold Empty Re: Batman- The Brave & The Bold

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:20 pm

It just looked too childish and cheesy to me.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:It just looked too childish and cheesy to me.
A common complaint. Not sure how accurate it really is though. The episodes have a lot of heart. This series doesn't compete with BTAS and it wasn't intended to. It tried to be a Batman cartoon on its own terms and it worked well (at least in the episodes I've watched).
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down