Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Pilot Character Descriptions

2 posters

Go down

'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Pilot Character Descriptions Empty 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Pilot Character Descriptions

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:57 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=68081

Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Pilot Gets Character Details

Showcasing an ensemble of all-new characters that producer & co-writer Joss Whedon reassured us the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot will be comprised of, detailed descriptions for the roles have surfaced!
DCMarvelFreshman - 10/1/2012

When Marvel Studios first announced a Joss Whedon-helmed ABC television series based on S.H.I.E.L.D., the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division that's well-established in the Marvel cinematic universe, shooting for the pilot was said to “start immediately.” And showcasing all new characters that Whedon confirmed last month, a casting call via E!Online has revealed details for original Agents.

Agent Grant Ward is described as “deadly, precise and cool under fire and just doesn't play well with others due to his not-so-great people skills. He's volatile, but a decent guy with morals whose charm will eventually come through.” The description for Agent Althea Rice (a.k.a. "The Cavalry") says she's “Soulful and quiet, an ace pilot, weapons expert and soldier who is damaged from her combat experience and has gone beyond the call of duty.”

And last but not least, there's a duo known as Agent Leo Fitz and Agent Jemma Simmons, AKA “Fitz-Simmons.” The two apparently spend most of their time together, like a “brother and sister who always bicker and annoy one another. They came up together and are masters in their fields: Fitz is good with weapons and gadgets while Simmons is into science. Yes, they are huge nerds (and also attractive).”

Last month, Joss Whedon said the series will be adjacent to the Marvel cinematic universe, but is structured so that it deals with agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. who are “the humans in a superhero world and how they deal with that and how it makes them vulnerable.” Whedon penned the pilot with his brother, Jed Whedon & his wife Maurissa Tancharoen. And the trio will also executive produce the pilot with Jeffrey Bell and Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb.

In addition to “Marvel's The Avengers” sequel on May 1, 2015, Marvel Studios will release a slate of films based on the Marvel characters including “Iron Man 3” on May 3, 2013; “Thor: The Dark World ” on November 8, 2013; “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” on April 4, 2014; and “Guardians of the Galaxy” on August 1, 2014.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Pilot Character Descriptions Empty Re: 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Pilot Character Descriptions

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Nice character breakdowns. I am still a little disapointed they at least for main cast not using some comic shield agents. There is a few secondary/low key shield agents from comics I doubt will make there way into solo films or avengers sequels. So I was hoping we see at least one or two here in show. But hopefully we will see some comic characters appear from time to time in show. Can't wait to see how the show shapes up.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Pilot Character Descriptions Empty Re: 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Pilot Character Descriptions

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Here is story on ming-na casting for shield:
http://deadline.com/2012/10/ming-na-marvels-shield-casting-joss-whedon-abc-pilot/
Ming-Na To Star In Joss Whedon’s ABC Pilot ‘Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D.’
BY NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday October 24, 2012 @ 2:53pm PDT

EXCLUSIVE: Joss Whedon has recruited ER alumna Ming-Na Wen for one of the leads in his ABC drama pilot Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D., which he is co-writing and directing. The project, from Marvel TV and ABC TV Studios, is based on a peacekeeping group found in both the comic book and feature film universes, including the blockbuster 2012 movie The Avengers. Ming-Na will play Agent Melinda May. Soulful and slightly damaged by her combat experiences, Melinda is an ace pilot, a weapons expert and a soldier who can —and has —gone beyond the call of duty. The character was originally listed on the pilot’s casting breakdown as Agent Althea Rice, aka The Cavalry. Ming-Na is the second actor cast in S.H.I.E.L.D., joining Clark Gregg, who is reprising his Iron Man, Thor and Avengers role as Agent Phil Coulson.

Whedon is co-writing the pilot script with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. The three executive produce with Jeffrey Bell and Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb. Ming-Na, who is reverting to her full name, Ming-Na Wen, comes to S.H.I.E.L.D. with solid sci-fi credentials after recent stints on Syfy’s Eureka and Stargate Universe. She is repped by Innovative Artists, KLWGN and Jackoway Tyerman.

I have enjoyed her work in other shows. Can't wait to see how shield turns out.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down