Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun Movies

5 posters

Go down

Fun Movies Empty Fun Movies

Post  James Stocks Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:04 am

Title should give you an idea. Make a list of movies you have a lot of fun watching. Non-comic book related of course.

Just gonna do two today, more for later.

INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM - This is without a doubt my favorite of the Jones sequels. Whenever I'm down or am having a sick day, this is my go to movie. I'd call it flawless but Willie Scott's screaming does get on my nerves just slightly but not enough to tip it over. Short Round is a great call back to the comic book side kick kids but what makes him one of the better sidekicks is that he can actually handle himself well just fine without Indy. When he's chained to work with the slaves he doesn't sit and wait for the hero to come and rescue him, instead without missing a beat he immediately starts to undo his chains by breaking it with a spike. That's a sidekick worth having at your side. Mola Ram is the best villain of the sequels because he's the most believable antagonist in a physical sense. He could probably kick Indy's ass, but that would be a downer and this movie isn't going out like that. But what definitely gets the blood pumping is John Williams' score. Anything goes!

MOONRAKER - James Bond goes to space. With that premise you're either going to go along with it or not. For me the moment where James Bond skydives without a parachute is the moment of truth, with great stunt work.

It's the film telling everyone that this is going to go to great heights. Some great one liners by the villain Drax who's dry as hell. This is the flick that gets a lot of flack because many can't get past the whole concept of "BOND GOES TO SPACE!" but I find it pretty enjoyable and besides that it's actually really well made. And like with any Bond film, it's got production values to show where all the money goes in location, cinematography and f/x work that was great in its day.

And of course, a really fantastic score by John Barry

James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Fun Movies Empty Re: Fun Movies

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:14 pm

Man there is so many fun movies I enjoy to list them all. But here is a few fun comedy movies I enjoy a lot growing up with.

The first is weekend at bernies and its sequel weekend at bernies 2:

They both where fun little comedies about two accountants who in the first film learn that there is s money frued scheme happening at there place of work. And go to there boss who invites them to a weekend at his beach house for finding the issue. Only to learn he wanted the, dead. And he is whacked and they try covering up his death. The sequel has them again getting in mishawith bernines body and trying to stop the mob finding the money he stoled.

Another film I enjoy is last action hero:

Its one of my fav arnold films. And I just love it for its spoof/cliche nature on the action genre. It might have not been a huge success but a great cult film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:14 pm

One of my favorite 'fun' films is THE BREAKFAST CLUB. It's also the best 'teen comedy' from the 80's imho. What about FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH or PORKY'S? Yeah, I like them too but I feel that Breakfast Club is superior. The other films have to always result to gratuitous sex & language in order to be funny, kinda like some comedians. However, this film succeeds on it's own merits. Sure, there's some language & drug use portrayed but what I think makes this film work is it's cast and it's director, the late John Hughes. This was like an ensemble cast that really clicked! Here's a trailer & a clip.

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:49 pm

Those are some good films non.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:26 pm

RE: Teen flicks.

Folks call CLUELESS the teen film of the 90s, but for me it's a cross between DAZED & CONFUSED and CAN'T HARDLY WAIT. Better cast, no obnoxious valley girls, and the latter film has Seth Green in one of his best roles as the wigger poser.

James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:13 am

R thanother thing non. I al a total suucker for 80s films from the teen movies, comedies, action/fantasy/scifi. That was a good film period. And a lot of things I grew up watching.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:30 pm

'Big Trouble In Little China':

Really, what more needed to be said?

'The Last Boy Scout' is basically a 'Die Hard' sequel, in everything but the characters names. Seriously.

The opening scene alone was VERY cool, and it just keeps going from there. A very young Halle Berry playing a stripper is a bit of a bonus too Wink
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:30 am

In a perfect world THE LAST BOYS COUT would have gotten more sequels. Heck, I'd trade the DIE HARD sequels for them. Willis and Wayan (what the hell happened to him?!) made a great duo. Given my loathing of Halle Berry in general, it doesn't hurt the flick killing her off, not one bit. Twisted Evil

Also, the most badass Bruce Willis scene ever:

James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:19 pm

A few more:

'Con Air'

Over-the-top action spectacle, set on a plane. And who DOESN'T want to see the movie that convinced the Bros. Warner that Nic Cage was "right" for Superman??

'Kick Ass'

I dig this one. Hyper-violent. Memorable characters. And Nic Cage channeling his inner "Adam West".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:29 pm

kick-ass was good. never read the comic. but a good bloody/ violent film. And like you said fun/memorable characters.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:12 am

I liked Kick-Ass and a big part of that revolves around Nic Cage. Cool movie.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down