Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOS is not getting any props!!!

4 posters

Go down

MOS is not getting any props!!! Empty MOS is not getting any props!!!

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:28 am

Inspite of all the hype the film is getting since Comic-Con weekend which includes new poster, panel with director & cast and teaser footage the film dosen't seem to be getting enough publicity. I seem to notice this since during G4's live Comic-Con coverage where they were discussions & mentions of other film & TV based topics except for MOS let alone any mention of it whats so ever and I recently discover that this was the same issue with this month's edition of "Entertainment Weekly" where all of the discuss topics at this year's Comic-Con convention are mention with the edition of "The Hobbit" being the main topic and being on the front cover but like G4's "Comic-Con Live" no mention of MOS just a short article of WB's plans on green lighting & developing other future DC based film projects including MOS which was the closest thing related to the film.

I don't need to remind anyone here that MOS although not necessarily should be the biggest topic at the convention but very well should be aleast one of the biggest topics at the convention but apparently it's being over shadowed by other topics big & small alike. I mean seriously what the hell??! Is this WB's doing, just to keep MOS completely under wraps and from getting any kinds of publicity?

What do you guys make of this?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

MOS is not getting any props!!! Empty Re: MOS is not getting any props!!!

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:40 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:What do you guys make of this?
Par for the course. It's like WB is determined to make this thing into an also ran before we're even close to the release date. This "stealth" shit probably works great for proven franchises but Superman is hardly that. People need to know it's coming. And not enough people do right now. I read somebody suggest that we fans may have to promote this damn thing ourselves if we want anything to get done.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:34 am

So your saying that we should support the film promotionally so that the majority of those who don't know about the film will be informed that it exist and it's coming to theaters soon thus help gaining the public recongnition that it's lacking. Kind of like how Savesuperman.com back then supported the film to be a reboot and be green lighted which eventually lead to its development, casting, filming and soon to be released.

I say thats not a bad idea infact, count me in to volunteer! Wink
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:16 pm

I could post this in the 'movie news' thread but that already has a lot of pages. Although this is an unconfirmed rumor, it may be good news for helping to promote what we have in store. Possible spoilers.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/171859-rumor-on-man-of-steels-action

A Rumor on Man of Steel's Action?

by Spencer Perry
July 18, 2012

The upcoming Zack Snyder Superman movie Man of Steel doesn't come out til next June and besides the trailer shown at Comic-Con (expected to hit with The Dark Knight Rises), there aren't a lot of details of how it's going to hold up.

Over at Bleeding Cool they got a taste at Comic-Con from an unknown source of what they think is a sequence from the film, so possible spoiler ahead:

Spoiler:

Again, treat this as a rumor for now but it does sound different from the 2006 film Superman Returns.

Henry Cavill plays Superman in the June 14, 2013 release. The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner. Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.

Good times huh?! Excited

EDIT TO ADD:

The Bleeding Cool link:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/18/superman/

Here's a question they asked:

Is it time for Superman to be cool again?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Non nice rumor of fight scene that does sound pretty sweet..

As for cbmfan guy comment. I do wish we get more prropps too and all that. But in case like g4 they don't always cover everry little thing from con on live shows due to time they have and all that. And since con I heard good buzz and comments from fan boards and sites. As much as we do hate wb stupid way they are not promoting things rright now. In there mind they probably do think that if how they did press and all that for batman worked that it should for superman. And I can see they do have a point we have a lot of time lefft before release for the big push of press to get under way. Which I do hope they have some great stuff planned so we can get fans on board, and get general audience to know a new superman is coming and is nothing like last film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:So your saying that we should support the film promotionally so that the majority of those who don't know about the film will be informed that it exist and it's coming to theaters soon thus help gaining the public recongnition that it's lacking. Kind of like how Savesuperman.com back then supported the film to be a reboot and be green lighted which eventually lead to its development, casting, filming and soon to be released.

I say thats not a bad idea infact, count me in to volunteer! Wink
It's beyond me to come think up specifics but if the movie division can't be bothered (and it seems they can't) and if we want the movie to do well (and we do) then somebody has to do something.

non_amos wrote:
Spoiler:

Funny how just the concept of it is, say it with me, better than anything from Singerman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum