WHEN They Do Decide To Reboot Batman Then...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WHEN They Do Decide To Reboot Batman Then...

Post  thecolorsblend on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:54 am

Jett wrote:Keep in mind that this is based on industry scuttlebutt, so take it with a grain of salt. However, this is not good news for the solo Batman franchise in my opinion. I’d like the next director of the rebooted cinematic Batman to have more creative control over the character -- something that’s not likely to happen of this scenario plays out. I have some very strong opinions about this that I shall reserve for an op-ed piece in the near future.
non_amos wrote:Since this came from that Batman site I can assume this may have some credibility? But I took that above part for a point. This dude wants the director to have more creative control over Batman?! Ain't that what we've had with Nolan now for umpteen years?! Is that really a good thing? You tell me. This doesn't necessarily mean doom for the solo franchise either. It may mean that the director has to include the DCU but so what?! Shouldn't he have to?! As opposed to reinventing the entire mythos as he sees fit? As a matter of fact, we may finally get the definitive Batman film, villains & all. Think about that!
The key issue to remember here is that Jett is just another douchebag Nolanite asshole. A bigger cheerleader and apologist for the Nolanverse you could not hope to find.

When he says he thinks this is bad news, bear in mind he's speaking from a much different reference point than you and I. I like the idea of getting a JLA film into theaters sooner rather than later. Using it as a vehicle to launch separate franchises is something I've advocated ever since the George Miller/JLM stuff from way back when.

The dark side here is that I suspect a lot of industry types pay attention to his site and view it as "representative of what the fans think". And fuck me, for all I know that may very well be how the fanbase at large sees things. But it sure isn't how I see things.
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:24 pm

For me its a nice way to go about solo ffilms if jl is a succes. But the other hand is we have to waste time in jl developing and haveing folks learn who this is/what they are about. And not have a film or two solo ffirst where we can develop all that, and folks care about the character/actors. That is why I like how marvel did. But since wb has taken so long jl to solo films is probably only way we are going to get things going. But I still don't see jl itself happening as soon as they expect. Just by going by past history with wb.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:51 am

One other thing we should expect from a possible reboot is that it either becomes a hit or a miss. A "Batman" reboot becoming a hit might instantly help boost the "Justice League" film's anticipation although they may want to result to making two films first before getting Bats into a JL film. But there's the possibility that a reboot may end up being a miss which will not only hurt the anticipation of a JL film but cause the viewers & fans to be unsupportive/unacceptable to this take thus making the execs of the WB studio regret on rebooting "Batman" in the first place.

If WB is still planning on rebooting "Batman" then they definitely have to pull a big one that is enough to top Nolan's take thats if Nolan's take can ever be topped!
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:One other thing we should expect from a possible reboot is that it either becomes a hit or a miss.
So Batman will either be successful... or it will be unsuccessful?

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:A "Batman" reboot becoming a hit might instantly help boost the "Justice League" film's anticipation although they may want to result to making two films first before getting Bats into a JL film.
Assuming that has any coherence whatsoever, it sounds like you're assuming that the Batman reboot will be coming out before JLA. But didn't we read something a while back which said JLA is coming first?
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:16 pm

I know it has been said that a new Batman might be introduce in a JL film but isn't that kind of a unwise move to make on WB's part? Unless of course if they decide to go with the one we have already seen in "The Dark Knight Trilogy"!
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:29 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I know it has been said that a new Batman might be introduce in a JL film but isn't that kind of a unwise move to make on WB's part?
Um, no. It commits them to absolutely nothing as far as continuity goes but still keeps Batman in the public eye. Hell, it's arguably the smartest play they could make under the circumstances.
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:If WB is still planning on rebooting "Batman" then they definitely have to pull a big one that is enough to top Nolan's take thats if Nolan's take can ever be topped!

Admin
Admin

User Reputation : 548

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:05 pm

I still say ffor reboot with batman they def have to go different route from nolan. His films where good and all. But still missed many key things and key comic elements. So sure take some aspects nolan did handled well. But no need to have the next film series do hyper realism angle nolan did. I personally would love to see it be handled like how fav/marvel studios did with ironman. Have your comic elements used well and be true to source. While developing characters as real beings and develop there world as real places. But crazy things happen and they have to deal with that. If dc can find that right note marvel has ddone in there solo films I for one be a very happy fan.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top