Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Man Of Steel' Sequel Ideas

5 posters

Go down

'Man Of Steel' Sequel Ideas Empty 'Man Of Steel' Sequel Ideas

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Since it is going to be who the hell knows how long before we actually get ANYTHING regarding 'MOS", I thought we'd talk about potential sequel ideas. And I think I have one that would help not only introduce Lex Luthor, but would be an interesting way to go.

I forgot I had bought a Superman graphic novel that collected a bunch of issues from the late 80's. The story?

'Man Of Steel' Sequel Ideas 13521741_1

In it, the Eradicator, that Superman somehow came across, tries warping the Arctic to resemble Krypton. In fact, I'm guessing this is how Superman gets his Fortress of Solitude in the comics. Anyway, Superman finds out, tries to stop the Eradicator, it attacks him and knocks him unconscious. Superman wakes up, everything seems "hunky-dory". But eventually, it turns put things AREN'T so hunky. Nor so dory. The Eradicator tries to change Superman from an Earthling who happens to be from Krypton, to a Kryptonian who just so happens to be on Earth. Superman is colder. More ruthless. And it takes his parents being threatened to snap him out of it. Keep in mind, I'm just giving an over-view.

Anyway, I think this story can be adapted to fit a sequel. The Fortress part more than likely will be thrown out, but the Eradicator portions would be just right. Introduce Lex, have him come out against Superman, and as the film goes on and Superman gets worse and worse, get the public to start wondering if he isn't right. Of course, you would need to throw another villain in there for there to be some action beats. Possibly Metallo, as a Lex creation. The movie would end with Metallo defeated, Superman back to normal, and a future villain, or sidekick?, for Superman in the Eradicator.

'Man Of Steel' Sequel Ideas Eradicator_001

Just trying to think "outside the box", so we don't just have films re-treading what has come before.

Any ideas of your own?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'Man Of Steel' Sequel Ideas Empty Re: 'Man Of Steel' Sequel Ideas

Post  webhead2006 Sun May 27, 2012 10:05 pm

That does sond like a interesting and cool story to tell. I definately like metallo in film. Or if not your idea what if we had brainiac/lex teamup.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun May 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Eradicator would be cool but I'd be afraid Joe Public wouldn't grasp it. Also, I'm not familiar with those stories but rather the Eradicator as he appeared in the 'Reign Of The Supermen' saga. I really dug on that entire 'death' arc & I believe I still have those comics somewhere. If he were presented like 'LOKI' was in THOR & THE AVENGERS then we might have a villain/ally/whatever that the public could get into. But remember, we're talking about duh brothers here so I wouldn't hold my breath. But I'm sure Snyder could deliver the goods, if he's even on such a sequel.

Here's a thought. Since Marvel is introducing THANOS in that film universe, why not introduce DARKSEID in Superman's? I know, I know, Darkseid has probably been suggested by fanboys to death but now we have a reference point, Thanos, which to me personally is like Marvel's equivalent to Darkseid anyway, right? I'm not an expert on Thanos but I do recall when I was a kid reading these comics that I noticed that they appeared to be similar characters, just by different publishers. And here's the thing. Marvel will no doubt deliver to us Thanos, most likely in the Avengers sequel if not before then. And he'll probably fight the HULK & the Hulk will steal the show again! So why not have DC pull a similar move by pitting Superman against Darkseid? And Snyder would certainly deliver on that also.

Of course Luthor has to be reintroduced but I just wonder how they're gonna do it. Pull a BATMAN BEGINS perhaps? But I'd still welcome BRAINIAC too & I've only been waiting since the early 80's after all. Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 28, 2012 12:39 am

My beef there is that's another goddamn "Kryptonian invader comes to Earth" storyline. Between S2 and MOS, haven't we done that line to death? Yeah yeah yeah, the Eradicator is different as a character from Zod in many many many key ways but, at the end of the day, it's Superman throwing with another Kryptonian villain. It's one reason why I'm more and more starting to think that if we ever see Brainiac in the reboot, it should be the version from Colu.

Speaking of which, Brainiac is a good choice for a sequel.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 28, 2012 12:57 am

As much as I like darkseid I think he would be best served either in jla setting which with wb is never going to happen. Or a final film in series solo supes film. But over film series do teases/nods to him. Like we see intergang in first film sporting odd weapons and getting them from a cloaked figure(desaad), godfrey bashing superman in sequel. And so forth. With them him coming to earth in the final film and maybe do a story like stas did with superman trying to take him down. But then getting turned. But have to find a way to stop him and bring supern back to light.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 28, 2012 12:59 am

thecolorsblend wrote:My beef there is that's another goddamn "Kryptonian invader comes to Earth" storyline. Between S2 and MOS, haven't we done that line to death? Yeah yeah yeah, the Eradicator is different as a character from Zod in many many many key ways but, at the end of the day, it's Superman throwing with another Kryptonian villain.

I guess you must have missed this part:

Apologist Puncher wrote:Of course, you would need to throw another villain in there for there to be some action beats. Possibly Metallo, as a Lex creation. The movie would end with Metallo defeated, Superman back to normal, and a future villain, or sidekick?, for Superman in the Eradicator.

There would be no ACTUAL fight with the Eradicator. In fact, I would throw in a post-credit scene where the Eradicator actually takes his physical form seen above...

It's one reason why I'm more and more starting to think that if we ever see Brainiac in the reboot, it should be the version from Colu.

Speaking of which, Brainiac is a good choice for a sequel.

Brainiac would be ok. But I wouldn't hold my breath....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 28, 2012 1:03 am

non_amos wrote:Eradicator would be cool but I'd be afraid Joe Public wouldn't grasp it. Also, I'm not familiar with those stories but rather the Eradicator as he appeared in the 'Reign Of The Supermen' saga. I really dug on that entire 'death' arc & I believe I still have those comics somewhere. If he were presented like 'LOKI' was in THOR & THE AVENGERS then we might have a villain/ally/whatever that the public could get into. But remember, we're talking about duh brothers here so I wouldn't hold my breath. But I'm sure Snyder could deliver the goods, if he's even on such a sequel.

Here's a thought. Since Marvel is introducing THANOS in that film universe, why not introduce DARKSEID in Superman's? I know, I know, Darkseid has probably been suggested by fanboys to death but now we have a reference point, Thanos, which to me personally is like Marvel's equivalent to Darkseid anyway, right? I'm not an expert on Thanos but I do recall when I was a kid reading these comics that I noticed that they appeared to be similar characters, just by different publishers. And here's the thing. Marvel will no doubt deliver to us Thanos, most likely in the Avengers sequel if not before then. And he'll probably fight the HULK & the Hulk will steal the show again! So why not have DC pull a similar move by pitting Superman against Darkseid? And Snyder would certainly deliver on that also.

Of course Luthor has to be reintroduced but I just wonder how they're gonna do it. Pull a BATMAN BEGINS perhaps? But I'd still welcome BRAINIAC too & I've only been waiting since the early 80's after all. Rolling Eyes

Actually, if it were me, I would go for Mongul over Darkseid in the solo Superman films.

'Man Of Steel' Sequel Ideas 159198-147059-mongul_super

He's a world conquerer. Physically imposing. Perfect for Ron Perlman. And it saves Darkseid for the day waaaaaaaay down the line when the Bros. Warner try to do a JLA film.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 28, 2012 1:13 am

I wouldn't mind him myself. Totally forgot about him. And ron would be such a great casting choice. And with him if they wanted tobdo an off world for part of film story. We could see superman on war world. Or maybe we can do parasite. He wouldn't be that bad of a villain.

Last edited by webhead2006 on Mon May 28, 2012 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon May 28, 2012 1:25 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:

He's a world conquerer. Physically imposing. Perfect for Ron Perlman. And it saves Darkseid for the day waaaaaaaay down the line when the Bros. Warner try to do a JLA film.

Yeah, I could deal with Mongul. One of my favorite Superman stories involves Mongul, one we discussed recently, 'For The Man Who Has Everything' I believe it's called. I also liked Mongul in the REIGN OF THE SUPERMEN storyline. In that he put the smack down on a weakened 'back from the dead' Supes but prior to that he was basically a slave to CYBORG SUPERMAN, even kneeling & kissing his hand if I remember correctly. Didn't he even have to call him Master? But I just wonder how he'd translate to film. Ron Perlman would definitely be good but another one might be Michael Clarke Duncan.

As for saving Darkseid for a JLA film, I want to see this while I'm still living, no? Suspect

Last edited by non_amos on Mon May 28, 2012 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 28, 2012 1:37 am

non_amos wrote:Yeah, I could deal with Mongul. One of my favorite Superman stories involves Mongul, one we discussed recently, 'For The Man Who Has Everything' I believe it's called.

'Man Of Steel' Sequel Ideas Mongul_prec_h

'Man Of Steel' Sequel Ideas Burn

I also liked Mongul in the REIGN OF THE SUPERMAN storyline. In that he put the smack down on a weakened 'back from the dead' Supes but prior to that he was basically a slave to CYBORG SUPERMAN, even kneeling & kissing his hand if I remember correctly. Didn't he even have to call him Master?

Something only hard-core comics fans know. So not a problem for the General Audience.

But I just wonder how he'd translate to film.

About the same as The Hulk in 'The Avengers'?

Ron Perlman would definitely be good but another one might be Michael Clarke Duncan.

I'll take Ron Perlman, thankyouverymuch....

As for saving Darkseid for a JLA film, I want to see this while I'm still living, no? Suspect

One can dream.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue May 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Brainiac all the way for me since people have been bitchin about seeing Brainiac in a Superman film for ages!

If they do decide to bring on Brainiac then here's an example of what he should look like...

'Man Of Steel' Sequel Ideas Dcuo-b10

I would prefer Brainiac to be Kryptonian in origin (Like in STAS) and an advance computer with AI. I also would bring on Lex as well and he can use Brainiac to obtain and re-create Kryptonian based technology/weapons to expand his empire (LexCorp) and use them against Superman while convicing the public that Supes may pose as a potential threat to humanity but in reality his vendetta against Supes was actually just straight up jealousy. But behind Lex's back Brainiac would hack into LexCorp's mainframe and uses it's tech to create a body for him to download his self-conscious in and gain access to every technological based machine around the globe.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 29, 2012 11:13 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Brainiac all the way for me since people have been bitchin about seeing Brainiac in a Superman film for ages!

If they do decide to bring on Brainiac then here's an example of what he should look like...

'Man Of Steel' Sequel Ideas Dcuo-b10

I would prefer Brainiac to be Kryptonian in origin (Like in STAS) and an advance computer with AI. I also would bring on Lex as well and he can use Brainiac to obtain and re-create Kryptonian based technology/weapons to expand his empire (LexCorp) and use them against Superman while convicing the public that Supes may pose as a potential threat to humanity but in reality his vendetta against Supes was actually just straight up jealousy. But behind Lex's back Brainiac would hack into LexCorp's mainframe and uses it's tech to create a body for him to download his self-conscious in and gain access to every technological based machine around the globe.

Yes, because THAT wouldn't look ridiculous on-screen....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Urrrgh that is a bad look. That design isn't the best look for him. I rather do stas look or pre dcnu look for him. You don't have to go way out there for design. If you want a hulking design better leave that for characters like doomsday, darkseid, mongul.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 30, 2012 3:41 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Urrrgh that is a bad look. That design isn't the best look for him. I rather do stas look or pre dcnu look for him. You don't have to go way out there for design. If you want a hulking design better leave that for characters like doomsday, darkseid, mongul.
https://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org/t51p45-superman-earth-one-vol-1-vol-2-spoilers#12840
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down