Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Masochism

4 posters

Go down

Media Masochism Empty Media Masochism

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:15 am

This thread is devoted to media that kills a bit of your soul for having partaken.

Between looking like the set up for a pr0n movie (if you watch the first part with the sound off) and the *shudder* backing vocals at 2:35... I mean, WOW!

If I had any association with this song or video, I'd want my name removed.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Media Masochism Empty Re: Media Masochism

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Holy Crap..... Frustration

Media Masochism Fail_10___fail_at_failing___by_Nickatina14

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Heh heh...

Y'know, just when I sometimes think American culture is... well, maybe not entirely good but certainly not a cess pool that will make all your senses bleed (and we survived the 80's, y'all!), something like this comes along. I mean, think about that for a minute. In twenty years, you go from Elvis Presley to Led Zeppelin. Twenty years later, you go from Led Zeppelin to Nirvana.

And twenty years later, you go from Nirvana to... that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:52 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:And twenty years later, you go from Nirvana to... that.

And I thought it was a travesty that we went from Nirvana to Justin Freakin' Bieber.......
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:01 am

thecolorsblend wrote:And twenty years later, you go from Nirvana to... that.
Apologist Puncher wrote:And I thought it was a travesty that we went from Nirvana to Justin Freakin' Bieber.......
Eh. I don't listen to Justin Bieber but I really don't understand why everybody hates on the kid. I mean, (A) he's a kid and (B) he just sings silly pop songs. I never thought of him as a particular threat to music, particularly since he'll probably be a has-been in a year or three anyway. The venom people seem to have for him never made sense to me. Keep in mind though, that cuts both ways. I tuned out of pop culture a long time ago so the guy could be a total asshole for all I know and the low opinion people seem to have could be well-justified.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:13 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Eh. I don't listen to Justin Bieber but I really don't understand why everybody hates on the kid. I mean, (A) he's a kid and (B) he just sings silly pop songs. I never thought of him as a particular threat to music, particularly since he'll probably be a has-been in a year or three anyway. The venom people seem to have for him never made sense to me. Keep in mind though, that cuts both ways. I tuned out of pop culture a long time ago so the guy could be a total asshole for all I know and the low opinion people seem to have could be well-justified.

Easy answer:

Justin Bieber is a MANUFACTURED "celebrity".

He did not have to "put in his dues". His mommy posted a bunch of videos on YouTube of her son ruining classic songs, and the little girls out there told other little girls they HAD to like him. So Usher signed him to his label, because they KNEW young girls these days are mindless sheeple who follow what their friends tell them to follow. And they have been milking that cash-cow ever since.

Do you REALLY think parents buy his albums for their kids because they think he is a good singer?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:15 am

I'm not defending the kid's talent (whether he has any or not) or his merits as an "artist". I just don't see how he's any worse than the late 90's/early 2000's onslaught of Britneys and boy bands we had to put up with.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:26 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I'm not defending the kid's talent (whether he has any or not) or his merits as an "artist". I just don't see how he's any worse than the late 90's/early 2000's onslaught of Britneys and boy bands we had to put up with.

It's a case of escalation, Dear Watson....The media has been "perfecting their craft" since then, and has RAMMED that stupid-haircutted twerp down EVERYONE'S throat non-stop.

We live in an age where the MEDIA makes people famous, by telling us how famous they are! It's a fucking incestuous clusterfuck nowadays. Media Outlet A says the Kardashians are "super famous", so Media Outlet B-Z follows suit and starts yammering on about the fucking Kardashians 24/7.

The fact that people these days let others do their thinking for them, with Bieber fans being groomed to take this to a whole new level, doesn't help things either.

Wake the fuck up, World. Before it's too late.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:04 am

I remember how back in the day bands like KISS, Aerosmith, Queen, Alice Cooper, etc. & etc., had to really 'pay their dues' before hitting it big. Often a band had released several albums before they really caught on but when they did, they hit it big & also, they earned it! Like Ric Flair used to say, "Bleed, sweat, & pay the price!"

Now it's like AP said, 'manufactured' talent. American Idol & all of the other crapola out there. Someone becoming famous literally because of Youtube. Duh brain-dead Kardashians force-fed to us all the time! Speaking of that, at least Jon Hamm got that right. I don't have a link handy but I saw him on TV state something like Kim Kardashian was a 'talent-less bimbo' who couldn't act! What's more, he didn't apologize for it either when prodded to but stood by his statement! Kudos to him! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:52 am

Oh god did i hate the britney/christina/boy band crap from the 90s/00s i got sick ever hearing that stuff on the radio over and over again. Plus give me my classic rock thank you very much.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum