Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film?

+2
thecolorsblend
Apologist Puncher
6 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film? Empty Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film?

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:11 pm

You know, if WB ever got serious about a JLA movie, I think there is one person they should do WHATEVER they have to to get him in the directors chair:

Brad Bird.

'Iron Giant'. 'The Incredibles'. And if you haven't seen it, see it. 'Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol'.

I think out of any director out there, given enough creative control, Bird would do an amazing job bringing them to life. He has done the "team" concept on 2 of his 3 films, and did it extremely well. He knows how to shoot action, but also makes you care about the characters in his film. You can't ask for much more than that in a Justice League film.

Do it, WB.

Agree? Disagree? If you do, who would YOU pick?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film? Empty Re: Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film?

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:19 pm

The director needs to have enough understanding of character to know what makes the members of the group tick. Superman isn't motivated by the same forces driving Batman. Aquaman has an agenda utterly separate from the Flash in wanting to join the team. So on and so forth. This isn't a monolithic group. It's not the Super Friends, the Getalong Gang or any of that shit. They're not constantly at each others throats because this isn't Marvel either. But they're not cardboard cutouts at the same time.

I've lost faith in Hollywood to deliver on correctly written superhero characters for the big screen in most cases. The exceptions (if any even exist) serve to prove the rule.

So all I want is a film with enough plot and character to keep up appearances but is otherwise one huge action fest. Fuck everything else, Hollywood will only screw it up and deny it all later. Pissants.

Zack Snyder has handled team/ensemble pieces before. He's also done his tour of duty handling dark superhero characters as well. Assuming he handles Superman the way he needs to, he might not be a bad choice for JLA.

But if he can't or doesn't want to... well, the Apologists would shit themselves but I'd want an action-oriented director like Michael Bay to do it. It wouldn't be boring, that's for sure.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film? Empty Re: Who Would YOU Pick To Direct A 'Justice League of America' Film?

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:05 pm

I definately would look into bird, i loved his work in MI4, and the increbiles for pixar. I really want to see him do a live action superhero film. I thought he handled MI very well for his first live action film. So if he decides to do more live action films i like to see how he will do things. Snyder also would be a fine choice as he has done his cbm very well. As for others i cant really think of any names at the top of my head. But you are right we need to have someone who gets and understand each character and how they work together/apart. There is not many folks i think would get that stuff for jl. I do hope if it ever happens they dont just get some hack to just get it out.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:16 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:The director needs to have enough understanding of character to know what makes the members of the group tick. Superman isn't motivated by the same forces driving Batman. Aquaman has an agenda utterly separate from the Flash in wanting to join the team. So on and so forth. This isn't a monolithic group. It's not the Super Friends, the Getalong Gang or any of that shit. They're not constantly at each others throats because this isn't Marvel either. But they're not cardboard cutouts at the same time.

Someone like.....Brad Bird?

I've lost faith in Hollywood to deliver on correctly written superhero characters for the big screen in most cases. The exceptions (if any even exist) serve to prove the rule.

I've actually lost that same faith, but more on the Bros. Warner end than any other.

So all I want is a film with enough plot and character to keep up appearances but is otherwise one huge action fest. Fuck everything else, Warner Bros. will only screw it up and deny it all later. Pissants.

Fixed.

Zack Snyder has handled team/ensemble pieces before. He's also done his tour of duty handling dark superhero characters as well. Assuming he handles Superman the way he needs to, he might not be a bad choice for JLA.

I can't argue with that.

But if he can't or doesn't want to... well, the Apologists would shit themselves but I'd want an action-oriented director like Michael Bay to do it. It wouldn't be boring, that's for sure.

I think Bay would want to put his "stamp" on the characters though, and change too much. Like he is doing with the 'Ninja Turtles' debacle. So no thanks to Bay from me.

Now Peter Berg?

Maybe....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:06 am

thecolorsblend wrote:The director needs to have enough understanding of character to know what makes the members of the group tick. Superman isn't motivated by the same forces driving Batman. Aquaman has an agenda utterly separate from the Flash in wanting to join the team. So on and so forth. This isn't a monolithic group. It's not the Super Friends, the Getalong Gang or any of that shit. They're not constantly at each others throats because this isn't Marvel either. But they're not cardboard cutouts at the same time.
Apologist Puncher wrote:Someone like.....Brad Bird?
Yeppers. But since you'd already named him...

Apologist Puncher wrote:I think Bay would want to put his "stamp" on the characters though, and change too much. Like he is doing with the 'Ninja Turtles' debacle. So no thanks to Bay from me.
Possibly. But he seems to know his strengths as a filmmaker and for something like JLA, I truly believe he'd play it safe.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Now Peter Berg?

Maybe....
Eh. I just can't convince myself. He's done a literal team movie, he's done a superhero movie, but... look, I listened to part of the audio commentary for Friday Night Lights. Maybe it's just emotional baggage of my own (ie, my family and I knew those people back then and that motherfucking book is a hackjob that ruined a lot of reputations) but some of his comments seemed really over the line. As far as Hancock is concerned, Berg apparently wanted a pretty minimal fight between Hancock and whatsernamethewife because the real meat of the film is Hancock's character arc. And there's some validity to that but, um, at the end of the day, this is a superhero film. Like it or lump it.

The other thing is that Berg has that handheld, documentary style of shooting. I know there is comic material out there that approach would favor (even if I can't think of one off-hand) but I don't think JLA is among that number.

I'll give you points for thinking outside the box on this one but I'm not sure Berg is really the man for the job.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:37 am

What about Peter Jackson, i was just thinking about him myself. We seen him handle big sfx layered films, and with the lord of the rings, and hobbit coming he has handled large groups of characters well. What would you think of him tackling JL?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:51 am

How about JJ Abrams? I think he's more than proven himself with what he's done with STAR TREK & his work on FRINGE hasn't been bad either. And who knows? Since Fringe is likely to end soon (regrettably), he might could do it between Star Trek films.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:54 am

webhead2006 wrote:What about Peter Jackson, i was just thinking about him myself. We seen him handle big sfx layered films, and with the lord of the rings, and hobbit coming he has handled large groups of characters well. What would you think of him tackling JL?
If he gets the gig, I'm sure the Apologists will have the intellectual honesty to give him the same amount of shit for gratuitous slow-mo that they gave Snyder. And by "I'm sure" I mean "fat fucking chance".
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:26 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Yeppers. But since you'd already named him...

Named......Brad Bird?

Possibly. But he seems to know his strengths as a filmmaker and for something like JLA, I truly believe he'd play it safe.

Kind of like 'Ninja Turtles', that multi-billion dollar franchise from the 80's? That will no longer be Teenagers. Or even TURTLES from Earth?

Sorry, wouldn't trust him.

Eh. I just can't convince myself. He's done a literal team movie, he's done a superhero movie, but... look, I listened to part of the audio commentary for Friday Night Lights. Maybe it's just emotional baggage of my own (ie, my family and I knew those people back then and that motherfucking book is a hackjob that ruined a lot of reputations) but some of his comments seemed really over the line. As far as Hancock is concerned, Berg apparently wanted a pretty minimal fight between Hancock and whatsernamethewife because the real meat of the film is Hancock's character arc. And there's some validity to that but, um, at the end of the day, this is a superhero film. Like it or lump it.

He also directed a big budget sci-fi film that comes out on May 18th.

'Battleship'.

Filming action has NEVER been a problem for him either. Watch 'The Rundown', if you haven't seen it.

The other thing is that Berg has that handheld, documentary style of shooting. I know there is comic material out there that approach would favor (even if I can't think of one off-hand) but I don't think JLA is among that number.

'Battleship' doesn't seem to be shot in that style though.

I'll give you points for thinking outside the box on this one but I'm not sure Berg is really the man for the job.

Bird is the BEST choice, in my opinion. But Berg would be interesting.

So would the Wachowski Siblings.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Justice league rumor:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=65362
Ben Affleck To Possibly Co-Star In And Direct JUSTICE LEAGUE

With news that Joss Whedon has just inked a new deal to stay with Marvel through 2015 and direct The Avengers 2, Warner Brothers responds by going after Ben Affleck to co-star and helm Justice League. WaylonJones - 8/8/2012

After yesterday's announcement that Disney/Marvel locked in Joss Whedon for another Avengers picture and a TV show, it should come as no surprise that Warner Brothers would want to respond by dropping their own bombshell. According to Variety WB is looking to Ben Affleck to helm their superhero team upmoviee Justice League. The film is said to bring together such DC players as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern. Affleck is not a shoe in for the job at this point. One of the sticking points to him directing the film is that he wants to be apart of the cast. He is expected to meet with Warner Brothers executives in the coming days to try and hammer out all the details.

Earlier I had reported that Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel would be working towards a shared universe to set up a Justice Leaguemoviee. There have also been rumors out there that Batman will be rebooted during that upcoming Justice League project, with his next solo film coming in 2016. However, according to my source Warner Brothers is not quite sure how they will handle the Batman reboot, as well as what they are going to do with Green Lantern. As mentioned before, the roster that Warner Brothers is looking to use in the film includes Batman, Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern. Two notable names missing from that list are Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. For the latest on Justice League make sure you check back here at CBM daily.

I wouldn't mind him directing film. But I can't picture him as any jl. And I would have thought afterr dd mess he wouldn't want to get in superhero role again.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:07 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Justice league rumor:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=65362
Ben Affleck To Possibly Co-Star In And Direct JUSTICE LEAGUE

With news that Joss Whedon has just inked a new deal to stay with Marvel through 2015 and direct The Avengers 2, Warner Brothers responds by going after Ben Affleck to co-star and helm Justice League. WaylonJones - 8/8/2012

After yesterday's announcement that Disney/Marvel locked in Joss Whedon for another Avengers picture and a TV show, it should come as no surprise that Warner Brothers would want to respond by dropping their own bombshell. According to Variety WB is looking to Ben Affleck to helm their superhero team upmoviee Justice League. The film is said to bring together such DC players as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern. Affleck is not a shoe in for the job at this point. One of the sticking points to him directing the film is that he wants to be apart of the cast. He is expected to meet with Warner Brothers executives in the coming days to try and hammer out all the details.

Earlier I had reported that Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel would be working towards a shared universe to set up a Justice Leaguemoviee. There have also been rumors out there that Batman will be rebooted during that upcoming Justice League project, with his next solo film coming in 2016. However, according to my source Warner Brothers is not quite sure how they will handle the Batman reboot, as well as what they are going to do with Green Lantern. As mentioned before, the roster that Warner Brothers is looking to use in the film includes Batman, Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern. Two notable names missing from that list are Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. For the latest on Justice League make sure you check back here at CBM daily.

I wouldn't mind him directing film. But I can't picture him as any jl. And I would have thought afterr dd mess he wouldn't want to get in superhero role again.
Well, guess this means George Miller's out, heh.

Not too worried about Aquaman and J'onn being missing. (A) It gives the sequel somewhere to go and (B) I can understand a movie studio being nervous about adapting either of those characters as they are in the comics. Not agreeing with it, mind you, just saying I understand.

Given the deadline WB is facing, it may make the most sense to do MOS, set up a shared universe, do a Flash (or whatever non-Batman thing), again set up a shared universe, do JLA and then spin off other Leaguers into their own movies.

I wonder if they regret not giving Chris Nolan some JLA marching orders when he was doing TDK.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:24 pm

I do really hope they do at least flash solo film and maybe ww too. Cause I can deal with intrro a new batman here. But if they don't do solo/shared deal. Just more time they have to waste developing who the heroes/villains are. And that cuts time for other stuff in film. Plus doing solo films gives uus time to get and understand all the characters and have fans rooting for them. I too could see holding on mm/aquaman for sequel too. Due to the characters and fans not to keen on them always. But what ever happens come on dc/wb start getting on the ball and developing things right.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:46 pm

Saw that at SHH & was gonna post but Web beat me to it again! What a Face

Anyway, what I wonder is, does this mean duh brothers Warner really are serious about this project now? But Avengers already beat them to the punch so that can't just clone that idea. Right now SUPERMAN is priority #1! I'm not really sure how they're gonna branch off from there to JLA? Nevertheless 'shared universe' is also a top priority even if they have to get there a different route than Marvel took. But Affleck is really gaining notoriety as a director so it has me leaning to WB actually being serious this time. We'll see.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 pm

As bad as ripping off marvel is for wb. They screwed the pooch for so long. Its the best way to go. So we can develop characters and worlds in a good amount of time. Then just throwing everything togetherr and hoping it sicks. Like I said above just doing jl and then solo films we have no care orr interest in characters or the actors playing them. We don't know what there backgrounds/character history will be. And we loose out doing that in solo films first. And like I said we have to waste time doing that in jl and leave little time for other things. I still think it be best to have mos and a sequel first. To develop our new superman and get flash and ww out first. Then in jl if they only go with five memembers they can focus on intro of new batman and a new gl if they redo hal or decide to use guy/jon or any of the others.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:19 pm

non_amos wrote:Saw that at SHH & was gonna post but Web beat me to it again! What a Face

Anyway, what I wonder is, does this mean duh brothers Warner really are serious about this project now? But Avengers already beat them to the punch so that can't just clone that idea. Right now SUPERMAN is priority #1! I'm not really sure how they're gonna branch off from there to JLA? Nevertheless 'shared universe' is also a top priority even if they have to get there a different route than Marvel took.
There's less than a year until MOS hits theaters. If they wanted to, they could film a scene next week that sets up a shared universe. Plenty of time. Where there's a will, there's a way.

As to a shared universe, it bears repeating that WB can either go more slowly than Marvel did (MOS, Batman reboot, World's Finest, Wonder Woman, Trinity, Flash, JLA) or they can go kinda backwards (MOS, JLA, Batman reboot, etc). But let's face it, it's not like Marvel owns the copyright to the idea. If the movies turn out well, I don't think anyone will care that somebody copied somebody else's formula. Fans might but the general public? I'm not so sure.

non_amos wrote:But Affleck is really gaining notoriety as a director so it has me leaning to WB actually being serious this time. We'll see.
I only know Affleck as a director from The Town but I dug that movie. He's not a hack.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:28 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:

There's less than a year until MOS hits theaters. If they wanted to, they could film a scene next week that sets up a shared universe. Plenty of time. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Ya know, this could even be something as simple as what Marvel did with their films. Samuel L. Jackson making cameos throughout the various solo films which eventually led to his full-blown role. Same thing with the Agent Coulson dude. Little snippets here & there setting up something bigger. However, Marvel had 4 years to do that. I fear DC doesn't have that kind of time. Nevertheless I'm sure someone could do some brainstorming & come up with a workable solution without blatantly ripping off Marvel. A scene in MOS could involve something like that. Remember the rumor that Clark Kent was gonna be in the GL film but it got nixed, no doubt due to duh Nolan mentality? Well, those type of ideas should now be seriously considered.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:13 pm

I haven't seen his films he directed yet myself either. But always heard good things. And like I said earlier can be fine with him. Just if he tried to be in the film can't rreally see him being a fellow jler. Maybe play a supporrting guy or one of the villains maybe. But I still rather get flash and or ww solo film out first before jl. So we can at least have a few characters developed and less time building them up in jl for gl/batman redos and new intros.

As for a shared universe/cameo deal in mos I agree we do have plently of time to aadd something in if they haven't already. But what would you really want a cameo to be? I rather right now keep it simple with name drops of some characters, and headlines in planet mentioning some other dc cities and stuff like that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Looks like affleck is out:
http://deadline.com/2012/08/ben-affleck-on-justice-league-his-camp-says-no/
Ben Affleck On ‘Justice League?’ His Camp Says No BY MIKE FLEMING | Wednesday August 8, 2012 @ 9:07pm EDT Email This I’ve been reading a lot of stuff lately that has been of questionable substance, and I’m calling bullshit on this big Variety scoop today that implies Warner Bros will get Ben Affleck as director of its Justice League film. This is a story I checked out days ago, and didn’t run when Affleck’s reps stated that it was not going to happen with him. Now, it makes sense that Warner Bros would offer Affleck the project. Chris Nolan is top man over there, but after three Batfilms and after producing the Superman reboot Man of Steel, he’s gotten spandex-clad protagonists out of his system. After Nolan, the studio then offers everything else to Harry Potter director David Yates (who is now keen on Tarzan) and Affleck, who has become a major director with Gone Baby Gone, The Town, and the upcoming Argo. Just because the studio wants Affleck doesn’t mean he will do the movie, and several sources tell me he might take a meeting, but that’s it.

After putting his acting career in the dumper with questionable choices like Gigli, Affleck admirably scripted a second act for himself with his writing and directing skills, and did it by taking on unexpected, thoughtful films. His reps clearly denied he would take this, and why would he want to direct a Justice League movie, unless he himself had figured out a way to make one that would compare favorably with Joss Whedon’s billion dollar Marvel smash The Avengers? I don’t see it. As my old agent/manager pal Michael Black used to say sometimes when I came at him breathlessly with an important but dubious package involving one of his clients, “Don’t dress for that premiere, darling.”

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:12 pm

non_amos wrote:thecolorsblend wrote:

Ya know, this could even be something as simple as what Marvel did with their films. Samuel L. Jackson making cameos throughout the various solo films which eventually led to his full-blown role. Same thing with the Agent Coulson dude. Little snippets here & there setting up something bigger. However, Marvel had 4 years to do that. I fear DC doesn't have that kind of time. Nevertheless I'm sure someone could do some brainstorming & come up with a workable solution without blatantly ripping off Marvel. A scene in MOS could involve something like that. Remember the rumor that Clark Kent was gonna be in the GL film but it got nixed, no doubt due to duh Nolan mentality? Well, those type of ideas should now be seriously considered.

Not to mention, that whole shawarma scene in 'The Avengers'? They filmed that THE NIGHT BEFORE THE PREMIERE.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:16 am

Affleck sounds intriguing. I've only seen THE TOWN as well, and yeah that kicked some serious ass, so I'd be interested in seeing how he handles a bigger budget flick.

If not Affleck, definitely Brad Bird. He's a great choice because he's less of a visionary (meaning less egotistical) and is more of workman-like director who knows how to get the job done with the right skills and technical craft. I'd say he's technically a better director than Whedon, at least from what I've seen and GHOST PROTOCOL for my money was the best of the four MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE films. So not only is he a good director, but he's an excellent choice when it comes to directing a film about a team.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:33 am

I would love to see bird myself. And if wb really is all about keeping it in house. If mos is a success might has well have snyder do jl. Since he has handled team/large cast films already and is good with comics and fans are mostly on his side.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:29 pm

I have to agree with that. Zack Snyder might would be the man to helm JLA. He's already directing MOS & hopefully sequels. He did an awesome job on WATCHMEN which one might say is a take on JLA anyway, alternate style. He could definitely pull off the look & the shared universe as well.

Ya know, last night at work the name James Cameron came to me while thinking about this. Seriously. If he'd even want to do it that is. We already know he's responsible for the 2 biggest films of all time which are the only 2 ahead of MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS. They are of course AVATAR & TITANIC. He also previously did 2 awesome TERMINATOR films as well as ALIENS. We all know he even intended to do SPIDERMAN but that fell through. He's through with Spiderman, obviously, but who's to say he couldn't do something else? He could also pull of the whole 'big-budget' thing & the audience would probably buy it. But he probably won't do it though.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Man would love to see cameron on a hero film. But I don't see him being an option. He is busy with avatar sequels and all those science stuff he has done with ocean filming. So I don't think he would want to tackle a film like jl now.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:08 pm

non_amos wrote:I have to agree with that. Zack Snyder might would be the man to helm JLA. He's already directing MOS & hopefully sequels. He did an awesome job on WATCHMEN which one might say is a take on JLA anyway, alternate style. He could definitely pull off the look & the shared universe as well.

Ya know, last night at work the name James Cameron came to me while thinking about this. Seriously. If he'd even want to do it that is. We already know he's responsible for the 2 biggest films of all time which are the only 2 ahead of MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS. They are of course AVATAR & TITANIC. He also previously did 2 awesome TERMINATOR films as well as ALIENS. We all know he even intended to do SPIDERMAN but that fell through. He's through with Spiderman, obviously, but who's to say he couldn't do something else? He could also pull of the whole 'big-budget' thing & the audience would probably buy it. But he probably won't do it though.

No thanks. Don't need to see a Justice League film with an over-the-top "environmental message" and an anti-war slant. And we don't need the villains searching for a power source for their doomsday weapon to use against the heroes called "Nevergonnafinditanium".

James Cameron can stick with his "Avatard" films, and leave the comic book films for the passionate directors.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:I have to agree with that. Zack Snyder might would be the man to helm JLA. He's already directing MOS & hopefully sequels. He did an awesome job on WATCHMEN which one might say is a take on JLA anyway, alternate style. He could definitely pull off the look & the shared universe as well.

No thanks. Don't need to see a Justice League film with an over-the-top "environmental message" and an anti-war slant. And we don't need the villains searching for a power source for their doomsday weapon to use against the heroes called "Nevergonnafinditanium".

James Cameron can stick with his "Avatard" films, and leave the comic book films for the passionate directors.

I see now what you're saying but when I posted that I didn't even think of Cameron's 'political leanings', I just thought of the humongous box office blockbusters he's directed. Plus his films are usually really good. I even liked Avatar but it is over-rated & does contain said environmental statement. Nevertheless forget Avatar for the moment. How about his 2 Terminator films & his sequel to Ridley Scott's film ALIENS? Those are all big action films & his Terminator films are among my all-time favorites. So I guess I was thinking 'big action, big box office'. I didn't even consider his political views until you brought it up. But couldn't he do a superhero film & leave all that crap out? Or he just wouldn't?

Zack Snyder is still probably the most likely candidate though. Duh brothers, make him your Joss Whedon equivalent.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next