Lobo Film Back On?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lobo Film Back On?

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Looks like development has started up on a possible lobo film again:
http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/170307-brad-peyton-to-direct-dc-comics-lobo
Brad Peyton to Direct DC Comics' Lobo by Silas Lesnick April 20, 2012 Share this story

Plans are back on to bring the last Czarnian to the big screen

Warner Bros. has set Journey 2: The Mysterious Island director Brad Peyton for their DC Comics adaptation, Lobo, Deadline reports.

Created in 1984 by Roger Slifer and Keith Giffen, Lobo is a Czarnian (originally Velorpian) bounty hunter who, as a nearly indestructible anti-hero, drives a space-faring motorcycle across the cosmos in search of his next target.

When Guy Ritchie was attached to the project in 2009, Don Payne had written the most recent draft of the script and had Lobo tracking four alien fugitives to Earth and teaming with a small town girl to track them down.

Though there's no hint at casting as of yet (and, no matter what, the character is likely going to employ heavy makeup and CGI to be realized for the screen), Jeffrey Dean Morgan told Superhero Hype some time back that playing the ultimate bastich would be one his dream roles.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Lobo Film Back On?

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Is anyone actually clamoring for a Lobo movie?

Honestly?

Admin
Admin

User Reputation : 548

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Is anyone actually clamoring for a Lobo movie?

Honestly?

Yeah, he ought to just be a villain in a Superman film or something. I don't think he could carry an entire film. At all. Unless it's: LOBO, directed by Rob Zombie. Rolling Eyes
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Not really but heck would be nice to get some exposure for some lesser known characters. If they can do lobo well could be like hellboy. But this will probably just fall to peices again like when guy richti was on it. Since still wb has no clue to handle dc characters on film.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:55 pm

A little more insight into just what this is going to be like:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55136

The Non-Sheriff LOBO Is Once Again Flirting With A Greenlight!
Published at: Apr 20, 2012 3:50:20 PM CDT

Beaks here...

Joel Silver will have his family-friendly version of DC Comics' LOBO. And if Guy Ritchie won't direct it (as was the plan three years ago), Brad Peyton, the Canadian dude who directed JOURNEY 2: THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND and CATS & DOGS: THE REVENGE OF KITTY GALORE will.

Silver's been developing this project for a very long time, and he's lately been insistent that the hyper-violent comic book - from the team of Keith Giffen, Alan Grant and Simon Bisley - be transformed into a four-quadrant romp in which the the Czarnian bruiser teams up with a teenage tomboy. I read Don Payne's draft of the script back in 2009 when Ritchie came onboard, and I can confirm that it is heavy on sass and virtually devoid of gore or profanity. To be honest, it was fucking terrible, which may be why Peyton has also been brought on to rewrite.

Akiva Goldsman will produce with Silver.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Man really silver you want to take a gore filled dude and turn it into a family friendly film. Why bother with this character in that setting. When you could probably make a kick butt film like a punisher/hellboy solid take on character. If you want to do family friendly superhero romp you could do shazam, or flash or one of the other like characters.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:06 am

Like I said before:

LOBO

A Rob Zombie Film.

Yeah, that was in jest before admittedly but if you really think about it, it might would take someone like Zombie to actually bring out this character anyway. I know, I know, there's a chance that Zombie would turn Lobo into white trailer-park trash from outer space & it would also star co-star his wife Sherri Moon. But Zombie ain't the only director who continually uses the same actors over & over, now is he? I can think of several without even trying! Nevertheless I think Zombie would get the violence aspects of Lobo & it'd be sure to have a killer classic rock soundtrack.

Or..........make a 'G' rated Lobo. At your own risk WB. Suspect
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:45 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Is anyone actually clamoring for a Lobo movie?

Honestly?
"Clamoring"? Perhaps not. But I think a Lobo movie could be a ton of fun if they do it right.
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:36 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:"Clamoring"? Perhaps not. But I think a Lobo movie could be a ton of fun if they do it right.

Did you read my last post?

If not, you should.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 pm

http://latino-review.com/2012/05/21/news-thor-2-possbile-casting-lobo/

News On ‘Thor 2′ And Possbile Casting for ‘Lobo’

Bleeding Cool ran an interesting article on Thor 2 and Lobo that mentioned possible casting and which characters we can expect to see.

Lobo

The rumor is Dwayne Johnson is being eyed as the title character. Their source, however, is “untested” so take this with a grain of salt. The source claims to have been at a party that Johnson also attended and they claim Johnson was telling people he’ll be taking the role.

*EDITED*

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Tue May 22, 2012 12:07 am

Makes sense since he has worked with the director before. And wb probably would want someone like him to drsw crowds in. I still hate to see it get kiddified like silver wants.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:12 pm

The rock confirms he is in talks for lobo:
http://moviehole.net/201255707confirmed-dwayne-johnson-in-talks-to-play-dc-superhero-lobo
Confirmed : Dwayne Johnson in talks to play DC Superhero Lobo

Dwayne Johnson’s been ice-skating around the Superhero movie rink for a while now. There was talk of him playing Sub-Mariner, some less-believable rumours of him once being up for Bryan Singer’s Superman, and some discussions about playing Black Adam in a ‘Shazam!’ movie at one stage. None of that came off, but seems the wrestler cum box-office dollars chaser hasn’t given up on his plight to be part of a credit block on a DC or Marvel comic movie poster.

Latest rumours had Johnson up for the role of ‘Lobo’ in the DC Comics flick of the same name.

Brad Peyton, who worked with Johnson on “Journey 2 : The Mysterious Island”, and prolific action-movie beard Joel Silver (“Lethal Weapon”, “Exit Wounds”), are involved in such a project. And seems you can now officially add Johnson’s name to the IMDB listing for the picture.

The actor took to Twitter to confirm that the rumours are true, he’s indeed in the mix to play Lobo.

“Rumors of me possibly playing LOBO are true. Joel Silver and Brad Peyton working on it now. That could be fun..”, The Rock – or whoever handles his twitter account –said.

Well, there goes the hope of seeing the big guy play She-Hulk, I guess?
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:17 am

Possible logline/synposis for lobo film:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=66976
Brief "Logline" For The LOBO Movie Released

It's On The Grid have posted a short synopsis for the upcoming Lobo movie,giving us some idea of what we can expect from the story. We also seem to have confirmation that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will play the DC anti-hero.. Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 9/9/2012

Thanks to itsonthegrid.com, we now have an idea of the plot for Warner Bros. currently in development Lobo movie..

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Very cool.
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:07 am

I don't think the Rock has what it takes to play the character though. Unless the film is the crappy kiddie-fare rumored a few months back.

Then no one will give two shits.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:17 am

I do like the rock and would hope it does take the character seriously. But ap you are right wb is probably going to kiddy up the film as those rumors of a few months ago. Which would be a terrible direction to go. When they could take the film more serious and make the film inline of lets say hellboy tone/direction. Personally my choice would have been jeffrey dean morgan. And he wanted to play the role too a few yrs back.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Let's see. Jeffrey Dean Morgan. John Winchester! The Comedian! Even the ghost boyfriend on Grey's Anatomy. I'm sure countless other roles as well. After the way he rocked the Comedian, I could see him having the psyche to play Lobo. The question though is would he have the physique, at least when compared to the likes of 'The Rock'?
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top