ComicsAlliance Reviews 'Superman II' (1980), Part One

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ComicsAlliance Reviews 'Superman II' (1980), Part One

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:29 pm

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/03/26/superman-ii-review/

I can't WAIT for these guys to get to Singerman. Two Superman movies, two shots at Peeps:

Chris: No. Well, probably, but I don't know. In 2006, they released Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, which only used Lester's footage when they had to, in order to fill out spots Lester Donner hadn't filmed, on DVD. It was done to tie in with the release of Superman Returns, because Superman Returns was, I swear to God, a sequel to a director's cut of a movie from 26 years before that skipped over that movie's two sequels. Which is one of the many, many problems with that piece of crap, but I guess we'll get to that one in about two months. This has raised the question of which one David and I were going to watch, and I think we both ended up getting the theatrical cut, right?

David: That's what I'm watching, yeah. I might watch the Donner cut later to prepare for Superman Returns, but we agreed it was best to evaluate the version of Superman II everyone remembers and that millions of people saw in the movie theater. I mean, not that anything could actually prepare me for Superman Returns. I know everyone's expecting us to buck the popular wisdom with these, but I'm pretty confident we're going to agree with the rest of the world that Superman Returns is utterly awful.

Chris: Yeah, I can guarantee you that Superman Returns will not lead to another Batman & Robin situation. Superman IV, however... I make no such promises.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

User Reputation : 548

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: ComicsAlliance Reviews 'Superman II' (1980), Part One

Post  webhead2006 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:06 am

I like to hear his review/comments on sr. So make balls dropping singer did there.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:21 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/03/26/superman-ii-review/

I can't WAIT for these guys to get to Singerman. Two Superman movies, two shots at Peeps:

Chris: No. Well, probably, but I don't know. In 2006, they released Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, which only used Lester's footage when they had to, in order to fill out spots Lester Donner hadn't filmed, on DVD. It was done to tie in with the release of Superman Returns, because Superman Returns was, I swear to God, a sequel to a director's cut of a movie from 26 years before that skipped over that movie's two sequels. Which is one of the many, many problems with that piece of crap, but I guess we'll get to that one in about two months. This has raised the question of which one David and I were going to watch, and I think we both ended up getting the theatrical cut, right?

David: That's what I'm watching, yeah. I might watch the Donner cut later to prepare for Superman Returns, but we agreed it was best to evaluate the version of Superman II everyone remembers and that millions of people saw in the movie theater. I mean, not that anything could actually prepare me for Superman Returns. I know everyone's expecting us to buck the popular wisdom with these, but I'm pretty confident we're going to agree with the rest of the world that Superman Returns is utterly awful.

Chris: Yeah, I can guarantee you that Superman Returns will not lead to another Batman & Robin situation. Superman IV, however... I make no such promises.
There's a poorly informed segment of the fanbase that believes Singerman was largely received okay. I'd hesitate to call these people Apologists. All Apologists believe this... but not all who believe this are Apologists. So when such folk come across things like this, all you can really do is hope it opens them up to the reality of the matter. Singerman was simply a failure on every artistic, financial or any other level you can name. It's no more complicated than that.

thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:31 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top