Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neeson Confirms He is in TDKR

4 posters

Go down

Neeson Confirms He is in TDKR Empty Neeson Confirms He is in TDKR

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:04 am

As we already known of the rumors he shot something for the film. Liam has confirmed it now:
http://www.showbizspy.com/article/243406/liam-neeson-dark-knight-rises-is-a-secret.html
Liam Neeson Confirms He Is In THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
A long standing rumor that most of us thought to be true, is that Liam Neeson would return for Christopher Nolan's third and final Batman film.

Previously, when asked if he would be in The Dark Knight Rises Liam would clown around and feign ignorance. But out of the blue today Showbizspy has scored the quote most Batman fans wanted to hear. Liam tells Showbizspy, "I can tell you nothing about Dark Knight Rises, seriously. I was on set for maybe an hour-and-a-half and the director didn’t tell me anything of what it’s about. So, I’m being very honest when I say I have no idea what’s going to happen.”

There yah go! Welcome back Ra Al Ghul! Although I only expect to see him in flashbacks. With young actress Joey King recently spoiling the appearance of young Talia Al Ghul we could see a father daughter moment with Laim, or perhaps he'll share a moment with a young Bane?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Neeson Confirms He is in TDKR Empty Re: Neeson Confirms He is in TDKR

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 am

I remember I speculated earlier that since Ras Al Guhl is supposed to be immortal & we didn't actually see a corpse that Neesen might reprise his role, especially when it was revealed that Nolan was continuing this storyline in some form or another. Then we see a younger guy cast as the character for flashbacks. So if Neesen is gonna be in the film, what's going down exactly? Does he show up in Bruce Wayne's face, like he did at the mansion in BATMAN BEGINS? Remember, Bruce thought he was dead then, only he thought he was 'Ducard'. So when Batman has been crushed by the hulking 190-lb. 1/6 scale Hardly Bane, does he show up to 'gloat' to Bruce, like 'check-mate'?

Last edited by non_amos on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Um, yay?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:44 pm

non_amos wrote:I remember I speculated earlier that since Ras Al Guhl is supposed to be immortal & we didn't actually see a corpse that Neesen might reprise his role, especially when it was revealed that Nolan was continuing this storyline in some form or another. Then we see a younger guy cast as the character for flashbacks. So if Neesen is gonna be in the film, what's going down exactly? Does he show up in Bruce Wayne's face, like he did at the mansion in BATMAN BEGINS? Remember, Bruce thought he was dead then, only he thought he was 'Ducard'. So when Batman has been crushed by the hulking 190-lb. 1/6 scale Hardly Bane, does he show up to 'gloat' to Bruce, like 'check-mate'?

Gonna be flashbacks.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:19 am

non_amos wrote:I remember I speculated earlier that since Ras Al Guhl is supposed to be immortal & we didn't actually see a corpse that Neesen might reprise his role, especially when it was revealed that Nolan was continuing this storyline in some form or another. Then we see a younger guy cast as the character for flashbacks. So if Neesen is gonna be in the film, what's going down exactly? Does he show up in Bruce Wayne's face, like he did at the mansion in BATMAN BEGINS? Remember, Bruce thought he was dead then, only he thought he was 'Ducard'. So when Batman has been crushed by the hulking 190-lb. 1/6 scale Hardly Bane, does he show up to 'gloat' to Bruce, like 'check-mate'?
Apologist Puncher wrote:Gonna be flashbacks.
No doubt. And too bad. If there was ever a villain in Batman's rogue's gallery that would kick ass if the comics version were used, Ras is the guy. There are enough Bond villain similarities going for audiences to be familiar with the basic archetype. Apart from the unnecessary changes, Nolan aimed WAY too low in establishing the type of threat Ghul represents.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:54 am

Probably was a flashback scene with either young bane, or young talia actors. But i kinda would love if it is a present day scene.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:00 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:

No doubt. And too bad. If there was ever a villain in Batman's rogue's gallery that would kick ass if the comics version were used, Ras is the guy. There are enough Bond villain similarities going for audiences to be familiar with the basic archetype. Apart from the unnecessary changes, Nolan aimed WAY too low in establishing the type of threat Ghul represents.

One thing I suppose Nolan did get right was using Liam Neesen. The dude can solid act! If only Nolan had combined that with the 'source material', just think of the difference! Morgan Freeman is also another guy who I'd put in the 'best actors' category. But I guess Nolan has to do something to redeem himself, right? With characters like Hardly Bane & with Bale 'phoning in' his performance, you have to put someone in there who can act I suppose. Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:38 pm

non_amos wrote:One thing I suppose Nolan did get right was using Liam Neesen. The dude can solid act! If only Nolan had combined that with the 'source material', just think of the difference! Morgan Freeman is also another guy who I'd put in the 'best actors' category. But I guess Nolan has to do something to redeem himself, right? With characters like Hardly Bane & with Bale 'phoning in' his performance, you have to put someone in there who can act I suppose. Rolling Eyes
Actually, Neeson's casting is one thing that always bugged me. Before it became apparent that Ken Watanabe was just a decoy, the assumption (announcement?) was that he would be Ghul and I was happy about that. Ghul isn't anything like Neeson in the comics, particularly as far as ethnicity is concerned. His race is fairly ambiguous but I think we all would've accepted an Asian Ghul. An Irish one is something I still struggle with, talented though Neeson clearly is...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:54 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Probably was a flashback scene with either young bane, or young talia actors. But i kinda would love if it is a present day scene.

Going to be a flashback with "Bane".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down