Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tech support

4 posters

Go down

Tech support Empty Tech support

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Hey guys was just wondering if any of you guys can help me out with a little computer support. The issue is with two programs on my sister's toshiba satalittle a505 laptop. With her two dvd burning programs. They are windows dvd maker, and corel dvd movie factory 7 programs

The issues are this. Let's start with the windows dvd maker programs. Every time I go into options to either make a film aspect ratio 4:3 or 16:9 or vis virca. The program doesn't really change the aspect. And when I go play burn dvd on dvd player the aspect ratio is all stetched out and disporrtationated. Which I don't know why it does that, and it doesn't burn the disc in either aspect ratio I had set. Could the issue be on the ntsc/pal setting you can select there.

As for the corel program, it was working fine beofre. But last week we had to do a factory restore on the laptop. Which now is acting up on me. I am able to upload a file onto the program. But when I try to make chapter edit points, or select to burn now button the program just crashes on me. If any one can help me out that would be great.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Tech support Empty Re: Tech support

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:36 pm

If I was you, I would download and use DVDFlick. It converts any file type into DVD files, and will even burn them for you.

http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php

It's free, and trust me, it's worth it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:55 pm

I will look into that and get back to you tomorrow if it worked.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:35 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:If I was you, I would download and use DVDFlick. It converts any file type into DVD files, and will even burn them for you.

http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php

It's free, and trust me, it's worth it.

Is this any better than the programs you can buy like Nero or Roxio or any number of such software that you can find at places like Walmart, Best Buy & even Staples, etc.? I was looking at Roxio at Walmart for 30 bucks but for about 10 more at Staples I saw one that interested me but don't remember the name. Nero had one at Staples for around 100 bucks but if I'm not mistaken I think you can find a free version online but probably with less features. I'm gonna check this link out but do you think it'd be better than those choices? Also, do you actually need this software to burn DVDs? The reason I ask is I'm able to burn CDs through Windows Media Player but I can't burn a DVD to save my life on anything on my computer! So it leads me to believe I need extra. Is this correct?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:26 pm

non_amos wrote:Is this any better than the programs you can buy like Nero or Roxio or any number of such software that you can find at places like Walmart, Best Buy & even Staples, etc.? I was looking at Roxio at Walmart for 30 bucks but for about 10 more at Staples I saw one that interested me but don't remember the name. Nero had one at Staples for around 100 bucks but if I'm not mistaken I think you can find a free version online but probably with less features. I'm gonna check this link out but do you think it'd be better than those choices?

Better? Well, since it is free, and works great, I would say yes. I convert avi, MP4, mpg and mpeg's into DVD files.

Trust me, it's good.

Also, do you actually need this software to burn DVDs? The reason I ask is I'm able to burn CDs through Windows Media Player but I can't burn a DVD to save my life on anything on my computer! So it leads me to believe I need extra. Is this correct?

I use Nero to burn, since it came free with the computer. But as long as your computer is able to write DVD's, DVDFlick will do that.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:36 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Better? Well, since it is free, and works great, I would say yes. I convert avi, MP4, mpg and mpeg's into DVD files.
Does it go the other way with conversions over into mp4? Because I can think of quite a few DVD's I own that I'd want on my iPod. Some cartoons and TV shows and stuff mostly.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:08 am

Hey Ap tried out the site, it so far as worked great burning the files onto blank dvds. Thanks for the link, only thing that sucks a bit is has very limited selection for menu options on dvd. But really dont need anything fancy for that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 am

webhead2006 wrote:Hey Ap tried out the site, it so far as worked great burning the files onto blank dvds. Thanks for the link, only thing that sucks a bit is has very limited selection for menu options on dvd. But really dont need anything fancy for that.

Still haven't tried it yet. Maybe I can make the effort when I'm off this weekend. Web, what exactly are you burning onto blank DVDs? Is it movies you have saved on your computer? That's what I want to use it for if it'll cooperate. Even though I have these 'free' films I'd prefer to watch them on my big-screen TV as opposed to sitting in front of the computer. It would also mean I could delete files as I went along if I choose to do so.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:43 am

ya I using it to burn a couple movies on blank dvds. As I was saying before the programs bon sister comp was all messed up and my laptop doesn't have burning programs on it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:46 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Does it go the other way with conversions over into mp4? Because I can think of quite a few DVD's I own that I'd want on my iPod. Some cartoons and TV shows and stuff mostly.

No, it just converts those files into DVD files. Video_TS, if you've ever ripped a DVD.

AnyVideoConverter is good for converting files into cell phone/iPod/MP3 player video's.

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:47 pm

non_amos wrote:Still haven't tried it yet. Maybe I can make the effort when I'm off this weekend. Web, what exactly are you burning onto blank DVDs? Is it movies you have saved on your computer? That's what I want to use it for if it'll cooperate. Even though I have these 'free' films I'd prefer to watch them on my big-screen TV as opposed to sitting in front of the computer. It would also mean I could delete files as I went along if I choose to do so.

Then you want to use it. The conversion time takes about 2 hours on average, but they are store-bought DVD quality.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:51 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Does it go the other way with conversions over into mp4? Because I can think of quite a few DVD's I own that I'd want on my iPod. Some cartoons and TV shows and stuff mostly.

No, it just converts those files into DVD files. Video_TS, if you've ever ripped a DVD.

AnyVideoConverter is good for converting files into cell phone/iPod/MP3 player video's.

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/
Could've sworn I replied to this, showering you with my undying gratitude for sharing this link. But I guess not. Anyway. AVC kicks an unprecedented amount of ass. It pretty much lives up to the billing. It's been able to convert 99% of the shit I've thrown at it. And just to put that in perspective, I've got video files I downloaded back in 2000 that NOTHING will play anymore. Not Windows Media Player, Quicktime, that hacked/open source old school version of WMP (Media Player Classic, I think it's called), Nero Showtime, Cyberlink PowerDVD, you name it. NOTHING. But somehow AVC can not only play it back but convert it into a more modern format, lickety split, don't have a fit. If anything's lost in video quality during the conversion process, I'm just not seeing it.

As if that wasn't somehow already good enough (I honestly would've been happy just with that), the controls and settings are simple enough so that laymen like me can use it without needing some kind of in-depth knowledge of esoteric video editing bullshit first. Don't misunderstand me. If you have that kind of knowledge already, it looks like this sucker will accommodate you too. But it's simple enough that even video editing dumbasses like me can still operate it. Best of both worlds, I'd say.

If you need something that just freaking WORKS, I cannot more highly endorse Any Video Converter. That title isn't a lie, trust me.

Even so, nothing is perfect. Who the hell could foresee something like this but I've got a video file in motherfucking PAL format. It's a rip of a movie that I've lost my DVD copy of so I just downloaded it. I paid for it once so they got the bastards got their money. But, as I say, it's in PAL. It'd tickle me pink if AVC had a built in PAL/NTSC converter. It'd be useful because I'm using Windows Live Movie Maker to sync this son of a buck up with a podcast audio commentary done by some fans of the movie. But they're watching/responding to the NTSC version of the movie... which kinda sucks if all you've got is the PAL version. The timing/sync may be okay at first but those speed issues are going to catch up with you sooner or later (sooner, really) and then you're pretty much screwed.

Seriously, would it have killed those ignorant sons of bitches to include a note with the torrent? "Hey you yanks, I'm a British limey with a stiff upper lip and allz I've got is the PAL version of this mofo. So in the interest of full disclosure, keep this in mind if you've got some kind of editing project you're attempting. Anarchy in the UK, God save the queen, cheerios and corn flakes!" There's a reason my great great great great grand dad shot your great great great great grand dad. Prick...

So anyway...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:04 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Could've sworn I replied to this, showering you with my undying gratitude for sharing this link. But I guess not.

Nope.

Until now.

Anyway. AVC kicks an unprecedented amount of ass. It pretty much lives up to the billing. It's been able to convert 99% of the shit I've thrown at it. And just to put that in perspective, I've got video files I downloaded back in 2000 that NOTHING will play anymore. Not Windows Media Player, Quicktime, that hacked/open source old school version of WMP (Media Player Classic, I think it's called), Nero Showtime, Cyberlink PowerDVD, you name it. NOTHING. But somehow AVC can not only play it back but convert it into a more modern format, lickety split, don't have a fit. If anything's lost in video quality during the conversion process, I'm just not seeing it.

As if that wasn't somehow already good enough (I honestly would've been happy just with that), the controls and settings are simple enough so that laymen like me can use it without needing some kind of in-depth knowledge of esoteric video editing bullshit first. Don't misunderstand me. If you have that kind of knowledge already, it looks like this sucker will accommodate you too. But it's simple enough that even video editing dumbasses like me can still operate it. Best of both worlds, I'd say.

If you need something that just freaking WORKS, I cannot more highly endorse Any Video Converter. That title isn't a lie, trust me.

All true.

Even so, nothing is perfect. Who the hell could foresee something like this but I've got a video file in motherfucking PAL format. It's a rip of a movie that I've lost my DVD copy of so I just downloaded it. I paid for it once so they got the bastards got their money. But, as I say, it's in PAL. It'd tickle me pink if AVC had a built in PAL/NTSC converter. It'd be useful because I'm using Windows Live Movie Maker to sync this son of a buck up with a podcast audio commentary done by some fans of the movie. But they're watching/responding to the NTSC version of the movie... which kinda sucks if all you've got is the PAL version. The timing/sync may be okay at first but those speed issues are going to catch up with you sooner or later (sooner, really) and then you're pretty much screwed.

Seriously, would it have killed those ignorant sons of bitches to include a note with the torrent? "Hey you yanks, I'm a British limey with a stiff upper lip and allz I've got is the PAL version of this mofo. So in the interest of full disclosure, keep this in mind if you've got some kind of editing project you're attempting. Anarchy in the UK, God save the queen, cheerios and corn flakes!" There's a reason my great great great great grand dad shot your great great great great grand dad. Prick...

So anyway...

If you want to be able to burn that movie file onto a DVD, or watch it using WMP or PowerDVD, use the other program I mentioned: DVDFlick.

Something is up with their site for some reason, so here is a place to download it for free:

http://dvd-flick.en.softonic.com/

It will take that PAL file and convert it to the normal NTSC file, which ALL DVD's are. Trust me, you'll love it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:20 pm

I been using dvd flix for awhile now ap. Thanks again for the program. Been great burning movies. Which I been doing for a boatload of films. A lot of old films and a few new ones I didn't get chance to see in theaters. Still only fault I have with dvd flix is the limited amount of menus, and no thing for scene selection like menue other programs like windows dvd maker, or movie factory 7 had. but in the end don't really need that. Its just a nice little thing to have. I can at least break the films into chapters which I can switch to by remote.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:58 am

Hey ap/colors or any one else. I wanted to see if any of you guys can help me with a issue. So i was trying to burn a movie with that dvd flick site ap gave us the link to. And for some reason after i burned the movie and tried playing it on laptop/dvd players for some reason audio didnt burn/work at all. But the video itself plays find when i open up that file and play it through windows media player, or any other number of video players. So i wanted to see if any of you guys may know why when i burnt it for some reason it didnt take the audio too?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 pm

I've never had that problem, so I really wouldn't know what to tell you.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 08, 2012 10:21 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Hey ap/colors or any one else. I wanted to see if any of you guys can help me with a issue. So i was trying to burn a movie with that dvd flick site ap gave us the link to. And for some reason after i burned the movie and tried playing it on laptop/dvd players for some reason audio didnt burn/work at all. But the video itself plays find when i open up that file and play it through windows media player, or any other number of video players. So i wanted to see if any of you guys may know why when i burnt it for some reason it didnt take the audio too?
Sounds like a bad burn.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 09, 2012 8:44 am

Ya I just don't know what happened when I tried bburning that vid. As I said the vid itself audio is fine and plays just fine. I haven't tried burning it again since. I been slammed with work as of late. So I just wanted to see if you guys had any helpful hints. I guess I will try it again soon and get back to you guys on if it worked or not.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum