Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Fantastic 4 Film?

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Fantastic 4 Film? Empty New Fantastic 4 Film?

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:56 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169241-chronicles-josh-trank-eyed-for-fantastic-four

Chronicle's Josh Trank Eyed for Fantastic Four
by Silas Lesnick
January 13, 2012

It's been some time since it was first announced that 20th Century Fox is planning a reboot of the Fantastic Four film franchise. Today, Variety has an update with word that the studio is eyeing Josh Trank as a potential helmer.

Trank makes his big screen directorial debut with Chronicle on February 3rd and, with it, already has a connection to both the studio and the superhero genre.

Fantastic Four, Marvel's self-proclaimed "World's Greatest Comic Magazine", first hit the stands in 1961. Its debut is generally considered the beginning of the "silver age" of comics and the real beginning of the Marvel Comics universe that exists to this day.

The property has been adapted twice before for the big screen with Fantastic Four in 2005 and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer in 2007. Both were directed by Tim Story. A 1994 feature-length version was also infamously produced by Roger Corman and never released.

Trank's involvement in the reboot is likely contingent on Chronicle's box office performance and a decision is not expected to be reached until next month at the earliest.

Hope this pans out. Too bad Marvel Studios doesn't have it. It would pan out!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

New Fantastic 4 Film? Empty Re: New Fantastic 4 Film?

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:01 am

Can't say I enjoyed ANY of the 'Fantastic Four' films. But 'Chronicle' looks pretty good, so he might be the right person for it.

Whoever it was at Fox that thought Tim Story was the right guy for FF needs a kidney punch somethin' fierce.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:47 pm

I just read this news myself, if that film does well. I too wish fox didnt have rights still. OH well if the film development does stay in developmental hell for a few more yrs we would have it back at marvel.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Can't say I enjoyed ANY of the 'Fantastic Four' films. But 'Chronicle' looks pretty good, so he might be the right person for it.

Whoever it was at Fox that thought Tim Story was the right guy for FF needs a kidney punch somethin' fierce.

I watched the trailer for CHRONICLE & it looks pretty good. Maybe this guy has what it takes? Time will tell I guess.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:15 pm

Josh Trank still connected to FF Reboot:
http://collider.com/tom-rothman-fantastic-four-reboot-chronicle-2/162287/
Back in early January, before Chronicle even opened, we learned that Fox was incredibly keen on having director Josh Trank take over the Fantastic Four franchise based on having seen early cuts of the found-footage superhero movie. Chronicle finally opened and struck a chord with both audiences and critics, and now Rothman confirms that Trank will be working on Fantastic Four:

“Josh Trank who did Chronicle, I think this has been reported, is gonna come on and work on a take, or a vision, that he has for it, so we’re very excited about that.”

While Trank is definitely working on the Fantastic Four in some capacity, Rothman was remiss to confirm that he’s 100% directing it:

“Well, I think there’s a possibility of [him directing]. I mean he’s gonna develop it now, and then it depends on the script.”

Trank is most likely inundated with offers coming off of Chronicle (he’s been linked to Venom and an adaptation of The Red Star), but I’d love to see his take on Fantastic Four. Fox’s previous two film versions of the comic book series weren’t exactly awe-inspiring, so I’m anxious to see what direction Trank would take the franchise.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 pm

I don't know how good this guy would be but my bigger concern is that these properties revert back to Marvel ASAP! We know Marvel Studios would make good films out of these franchises. These other studios like Fox & Sony are hit & miss when it comes to superhero films. What I want is Marvel, backed by DISNEY muscle, to pull out all the stops & do what it takes to buy out & get the job done.

'NUFF SAID! Frustration
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:19 pm

i would love that too, but feige has made it clear the deals with xmen with fox, and spider-man with sony are pretty locked in. And if i recall right the rights deal goes like 7-9 yrs after last use of property if nothing has happened it will revert back to marvel. That is why sony had do start shooting ghost rider 2 when they did they were like a few weeks from rights reverting back to marvel. So it be another 7-9 yrs before marvel could get ghost rider back if there isnt a 3rd film. Sorta same deal with dd/ff. Since the last time FF was on screen was 2007 if they(fox) dont get something filming by 2014-2016 the rights can go back to marvel. With DD since he was connected with elektra movie if they dont get something going by 2014 rights should revert back. Really out of the character out of marvel dd/ff would be most likely properties to revert back. Before xmen or spider-man revert. Fox/sony will just keep making films within the property of those characters as we see with first class 2, wolverine, and possible new mutants films for xmen, and sony will likely get another 3 pack with garfield spider-man, and if that venom project moves so that leaves spider-man with sony for at least another 10 yrs right now. Only way i could see any of these characters go back to marvel Sooner would be disney just pays up a boatload to fox/sony to get them back under marvel/disney wing.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:44 pm

webhead2006 wrote:

Only way i could see any of these characters go back to marvel Sooner would be disney just pays up a boatload to fox/sony to get them back under marvel/disney wing.

New Fantastic 4 Film? Busted10

New Fantastic 4 Film? Boatlo10

Any questions? Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Ya how much would fox/sony want per character.......
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:35 am

I'm assuming (and thus amazed that) there is no buy-back clause in any of those contracts. For licensed properties like those, you'd think any copyright holder would want to keep his options open. That being the case, I'd expect there to be a clause calling for a review/renewal discussion midway through the contract at either party's request for the owner to reacquire the rights based on some figure, percentage or whatever other formula. Something reasonably fair and equitable for both parties. The impression I've gotten from Feige's comments though is that no such buy out clause exists... which, not for the first time, makes me wonder just who in the fuck negotiated these contracts on Marvel's behalf back in the day.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:22 am

Probably a very bad lawyer or consulent for them.. it does look bad that in case for xmen/spidey at this right we never see them fully under marvel. It would be great to see it happen. But ya what ever there deals was in the past sure works against marvel of now.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:19 am

non_amos wrote:I don't know how good this guy would be but my bigger concern is that these properties revert back to Marvel ASAP!

'Chronicle' is a very good film, with the ending being EXTREMELY bad-ass.

We know Marvel Studios would make good films out of these franchises. These other studios like Fox & Sony are hit & miss when it comes to superhero films. What I want is Marvel, backed by DISNEY muscle, to pull out all the stops & do what it takes to buy out & get the job done.

'NUFF SAID! Frustration

FOX is going to try to milk the FF one more time. If it doesn't do well, it will end up back at Marvel.

Eventually.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:01 am

FF reboot director confirmed:
http://superherohype.com/news/articles/171669-comic-con-fantastic-four-director-confirmed-while-daredevil-director-exits
Comic-Con: Fantastic Four Director Confirmed
by SuperHeroHype July 11, 2012

While Twentieth Century Fox doesn't have a big presence at the San Diego Comic-Con this year, Deadline reports that there is still news about three of their comic properties.

The site says that, as was previously rumored, Chronicle director Josh Trank is now officially set to direct the Fantastic Four reboot at the studio. They add that production would start on the film after The Wolverine and the untitled X-Men: First Class sequel wrap.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Writer attached to FF reboot:
http://hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-taps-writer-fantastic-four-jeremy-slater-349042?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+THRComicCon+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Heat+Vision%29
'Fantastic Four' Reboot Ramps Up with Writer Jeremy Slater (Exclusive)

11:21 AM PDT 7/13/2012 by Borys Kit

The move happens days after the studio put "Chronicle" director Josh Trank on the comic book movie project.

Fox is really hustling with its Fantastic Four reboot.

Just days after putting Chronicle director Josh Trank on the project, the studio is finalizing a deal to have Jeremy Slater write the script.

Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Fantastic Four is the comic title that ushered in the so-called Marvel Age of Comics and features a “family” of heroes --scientist Mr. Fantastic, his wife Invisible Girl, her brother the Human Torch and Fantastic’s best friend, The Thing -- who have sci-fi-tinged adventures.

Fox made two movies with a cast that included Chris Evans and Jessica Alba in 2005 and 2007, but despite doing solid business, they were not well regarded by the geek community.

Hiring Trank and now Slater, who are steeped in the genre world, indicates that Fox is hoping to capture the geeks’ hearts this time around.

Slater is an up-and-coming writer who has the horror spec Tape 4, centering around the mythology of writer H.P. Lovecraft, set up at Lionsgate with Primal Pictures producing.

He also wrote My Spy, a teen spy comedy spec that initially was set up at CBS Films but this week jumped to Universal with Jake Kasdan attached to direct and Lorenzo di Bonaventura producing.

He is repped by UTA and Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:07 pm

I'm bumping this up due to this preposterous report:

http://screencrush.com/fantastic-four-michael-b-jordan-human-torch-dr-doom/

‘Fantastic Four’ Fires Up Michael B. Jordan as Human Torch, Might Gender-Bend Dr. Doom?!
by Nick Romano February 5, 2014 11:57 AM
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
New Fantastic 4 Film? Michael-b-jordan-human-torch-fantastic-fourGetty Images/Marvel
As actors have already begun testing for roles in Josh Trank’s upcoming ‘Fantastic Four‘ reboot, fundamentalist fans have become uneasy over some drastic changes to the characters’ mythos. For one, Michael B. Jordan, who’s been rumored for the role of the traditionally caucasian Johnny Storm/Human Torch, is reportedly already attached to the character, but even more unexpected is word that 20th Century Fox could bring the classic Dr. Doom villain to life as a woman.

According to THR, which reports that Jordan is currently the only actor attached to ‘Fantastic Four,’ the studio is looking to bring back Dr. Doom as the reboot’s primary villain. While ‘Nip/Tuck’ star Julian McMahon portrayed the character in the original films, Fox “is likely to go for a big name and isn’t ruling out switching genders for the role.”
So far, some additional actors who’ve read for roles are Emmy Rossum (‘Shameless‘) and Kate Mara (‘House of Cards‘) for Sue Storm/Invisible Woman, Miles Teller (‘The Spectacular Now‘) for Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic, and Christian Cook (‘Romeo and Juliet’) for Ben Grimm/The Thing, and Kit Harington (‘Game of Thrones‘) is said to be testing next. A rumor went around recently naming Josh Gad for the top pick to play Ben Grimm, though Trank himself debunked that bit.
While not much is currently known about the reboot, the plot was rumored to reimagine the origin of the Fantastic Four as finding themselves being used by the government as human weapons. Trank publicly denied that report, as well, though it still was enough to give fans of the franchise even more pause.
‘Fantastic Four’ will hit theaters March 6, 2015, and more actors are expected to audition for roles in the days to come.

Read More: 'Fantastic Four' Gender-Bending Dr. Doom?! | http://screencrush.com/fantastic-four-michael-b-jordan-human-torch-dr-doom/?trackback=tsmclip

Follow Us: Facebook

Visit Us At: http://screencrush.com

To put it bluntly, this project is DOOMED! I don't agree with a black Human Torch & that's not being racist. I just think that part of what makes Johnny Storm work is that he is a blond punk kid who's a thorn in the side to Ben Grimm but in a good way. And the actresses who are auditioning for his sister Sue are white as far as I know. So are they no longer gonna be siblings?

But Dr. Doom as a woman? Are you freakin' kidding me?! That's like the straw that broke the camel's back!

Someone, puh-leeeaaazzzeee, shoot this thing & put it out of it's misery! Simultaneously, get a court order declaring that this property be returned to MARVEL STUDIOS. Immediately!

SHEESH!  Frustration 
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:01 am

non_amos wrote:I'm bumping this up due to this preposterous report:
Gee, can't imagine why!

Screen Crush wrote:As actors have already begun testing for roles in Josh Trank's upcoming 'Fantastic Four' reboot, fundamentalist fans have become uneasy over some drastic changes to the characters' mythos.
This is a new one on me. "Fundamentalist fans"? Seriously? For better or worse, that word has pejorative implications... which I shall not discuss here beyond mentioning that they exist. So the association thus leads readers to assume that fans are in the wrong.

But what are they in the wrong about specifically? Why, civil rights! And equality! So apparently to oppose these changes means you're a sexist, racist, bigoted jerk-for-brains. But how does that actually measure up to reality? Let's see...

non_amos wrote:To put it bluntly, this project is DOOMED! I don't agree with a black Human Torch & that's not being racist. I just think that part of what makes Johnny Storm work is that he is a blond punk kid who's a thorn in the side to Ben Grimm but in a good way. And the actresses who are auditioning for his sister Sue are white as far as I know. So are they no longer gonna be siblings?

But Dr. Doom as a woman? Are you freakin' kidding me?! That's like the straw that broke the camel's back!

Someone, puh-leeeaaazzzeee, shoot this thing & put it out of it's misery! Simultaneously, get a court order declaring that this property be returned to MARVEL STUDIOS. Immediately!
If anybody calls you names over this, let me know. I've got your back. Looks to me like (A) you don't like seeing arbitrary changes made to your comics characters and (B) perhaps you don't like the idea of the group's smart mouth and arguably least effective member being changed to a black dude while the group's leader and resident genius remains a pasty old white guy. I guess their thinking is that if anybody's going to crack wise and act all uppity and not know his place, it'll be "those damn coloreds"! Trust me, dude, being offended by this shit doesn't make you a racist. The racist guy in this equation is whoever thought this bullshit up in the first place.

Here's a WACKY idea! How about we just leave well enough the fuck alone and not try to make bullshit racial and political statements with superheroes? It's just crazy enough to work!

As to a female Dr. Doom... do I even need to break this one down? Also, does anybody care to bet that her grudge against Reed will be that they had a one night stand at some point and then he never called her? One of the great rivalries in all of comics will inevitably be reduced to heartbroken bullshit common to zillions of other works of fiction. Dr. Doom becomes Glenn Close. Great, just fucking great...

It's funny, any time comics try this type of shit, they always do it in the worst, most offensive ways possible. "We'll introduce black people into the otherwise COMPLETELY WHITE Legion of Superheroes comic book... by establishing that all black people live on the same island and it only appears every other century!" So in an odd kind of way, Hollywood's carrying on a shameful comic book tradition of fail with this. If the report's true, that is.

My line here is that if we're going to ethnically diversify comic book characters, fine. But can we at least do it in the right ways and for the right reasons?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:36 am

For examples of where changing race worked, we've discussed it before but look no further than the Superman mythos. On Smallville, Pete Ross became a black guy. But it worked. The chemistry between he & Clark & Chloe was one of the great things in those early episodes. And it's not like the original blond dude from the comics was anything extra, right? Kinda 'generic' in a way I suppose.

Laurence Fishburne definitely worked as Perry White! Actually I had wanted Perry to be white but Fishburne's performance proved he owned the role. I'm actually looking forward to what he has to say in the next film. And changing Perry ain't like, say, changing Superman. Like I've said before, I remember talk about wanting Will Smith to play Superman but even Smith said that Superman is a white guy, if those reports are correct. But see, Will Smith 'gets it'. Like that Jim Croce song said, you don't step on Superman's cape. You also don't change him up for some PC agenda. Besides, we got Smith in a similar role anyway. It's called HANCOCK.

Maybe the Human Torch ain't as major a character as Superman but..........the Fantastic Four that Stan Lee & Jack Kirby created in 1961 changed comicdom forever! In my mind, they're iconic. It's like talking JLA or Avengers for crying out loud! So the F4 should get just as good treatment as Joss Whedon gave the Avengers. And don't you think that under someone's direction like Whedon this could happen? But unfortunately Fox didn't let the rights revert to Marvel. They should have! Whether it'd have been Whedon or someone else, the F4 would've gotten Avengers treatment & possibly even Avengers box office. Can you imagine the marketing & the toys? But no! Fox obviously wanted to try some last-ditch effort to continue to capitalize on this property.

Ya know, this Josh Trank guy did an OK job with CHRONICLE. The Jordan guy in question did good in that film. But it this like Singer or whoever dragging actors from other films into the films he's making now? Why? Just because?

"Hey man, we're tight! Let me be the Human Torch, dude!"

I made that up but see what I mean? I have a feeling this Trank guy is the wrong person for this franchise but it probably won't matter because this project will arrive D.O.A. at the box office. Development hell, anyone?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:22 am

Working all the time so little time to post but here it is folks! This project is officially DOOMED!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/292077-jamie-bell-michael-b-jordan-kate-mara-and-miles-teller-are-the-fantastic-four

Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara and Miles Teller are The Fantastic Four!
Silas Lesnick Feb 19, 2014

New Fantastic 4 Film? First-Family
Twentieth Century Fox has cast Marvel's First Family! Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara and Miles Teller are Josh Trank's The Fantastic Four. TheWrap broke the news, confirming months of rumors surrounding the involvement of Jordan, Mara and Teller and were the first to name Jamie Bell as the studio's choice for Ben Grimm, aka The Thing. Bell seems to be the only one without an official offer on the table, but it is very much expected that he will be confirmed by the studio shortly.
Teller will play Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic), Mara will be Sue Storm (The Invisible Woman), Jordan is set to play Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) and Bell (likely through motion-capture) would be Ben Grimm (The Thing). Previous reports have suggested that Trank's iteration of the story also involves Dr. Victor Von Doom, so expect more casting on The Fantastic Four very soon.
Filming on The Fantastic Four is expected to begin in Baton Rouge this March. Josh Trank will direct the big screen adaptation, which is currently set for release on June 19, 2015​.
(Photo Credit: FayesVision / WENN.com)

I'm about speechless. Can anyone say D.O.A.? Thank you, Fox. For nothing!  Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:45 pm

non_amos wrote:Working all the time so little time to post but here it is folks!
Thanks Amos. I was going to post this a while ago but things got in the way.

non_amos wrote:This project is officially DOOMED!
Yes. This thing is going to be a massive trainwreck of dogshit relocators in the middle of a swamp next door to a sewage reclamation plant.

non_amos wrote:I'm about speechless. Can anyone say D.O.A.? Thank you, Fox. For nothing!  Mad
It's fucking ASTOUNDING how far these companies are willing to go to maintain movie rights. Because I don't give a shit what anybody says, that's all this is. It's Fox working like crazy to keep the movie rights from reverting to Marvel. So they're willing to risk putting out a shit product now and diluting the brand rather than let Marvel Studios take it back. It's just fucking beneath contempt.

But whatever, it's been that kind of day. Should've seen this coming.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:30 am

Yeah, another film I don't have to see!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:43 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:Working all the time so little time to post but here it is folks!
Thanks Amos. I was going to post this a while ago but things got in the way.

non_amos wrote:This project is officially DOOMED!
Yes. This thing is going to be a massive trainwreck of dogshit relocators in the middle of a swamp next door to a sewage reclamation plant.

non_amos wrote:I'm about speechless. Can anyone say D.O.A.? Thank you, Fox. For nothing!  Mad
It's fucking ASTOUNDING how far these companies are willing to go to maintain movie rights. Because I don't give a shit what anybody says, that's all this is. It's Fox working like crazy to keep the movie rights from reverting to Marvel. So they're willing to risk putting out a shit product now and diluting the brand rather than let Marvel Studios take it back. It's just fucking beneath contempt.

But whatever, it's been that kind of day. Should've seen this coming.
Actually, I want to revisit this. There's a very limited degree to which I can kind of understand. From a business standpoint... look, I have no idea how much Fox paid to secure the FF rights to begin with. But there's a strong argument that they STILL haven't achieved a decent enough ROI. Now if that's true, I could see some Fox exec running around their corporate HQ throwing a hissyfit over the possibility of FF going back to Marvel when all Fox has had to show for it so far are two films fans still joke about and which wide audiences forgot about long ago. So maybe if they crank something out now, they get another six or eight years with the property. At the rate things are going now, that's more than enough time to do a REAL reboot and build a better foundation.

Now, none of this stuff is to excuse the jackass decisions being made here. I'm just trying to toss in a little objectivity and hopefully give the other side's point of view. Agree or disagree as you will.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:57 am

It's just a last-ditch effort to hang onto the rights. You're not wrong about that.

I've heard rumors of what the story is going to be, and it sounds like a convoluted mess. Which CAN'T be less than 4 hours long.

Oh, and three words:

Female. Doctor. Doom.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:04 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Female. Doctor. Doom.
Yeah. And then there's that. Fuck me, what a dumb idea...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:41 am

Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara and Miles Teller are The Fantastic Four!
Silas Lesnick Feb 19, 2014

New Fantastic 4 Film? First-Family

Somehow the pics disappeared earlier. Look at this crew folks! The blond white woman & the black guy are brother & sister! Sue Storm & Johnny Storm! Wonder how they're gonna explain that? And like I've said, not trying to be racist but puh-leeeaaazzzeee, don't insult our intelligence! Ya know what? One of the comments made on that article suggested that they at least could've made Sue black too. I mean, they are siblings, right? And why does this dude call himself Michael B. Jordan? Is that even his real name? I mean, there's only one Michael Jordan, dig it?  Don't be trying to ride no coat-tails here man!

Ya know what? Marvel Studios ought to schedule one of their next films for the same weekend. I guarantee you even a lesser Marvel Studios film would crush this at the box office. This stinker is gonna sink faster than Singerman at the hands of Johnny Depp! Even Roger Corman's version will be Oscar material compared to this.

Can't anyone do anything?! Stan Lee? Anyone?! Boycott?! Do something!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:44 pm

The end of the beginning!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/293467-producer-matthew-vaughn-comments-on-the-fantastic-four

Producer Matthew Vaughn Comments on The Fantastic Four

Spencer Perry Feb 28, 2014

With a production set to begin next month, and the cast finally assembled, the pieces are starting to fall into place for Fox's upcoming reboot of The Fantastic Four, but there are still a few mysteries. Many rumors have pointed to radical alterations of the characters' origins, and while the filmmakers have debunked some of them, fans remain skeptical about what lies ahead for the future of the franchise. Get ready for more fuel on that fire though, as producer Matthew Vaughn had some interesting words about the film with Empire magazine (thanks to forum user 'TheOneWhoKnocks' for the quote).
"It's a total reboot, that's for sure," he told the publication. "It's got nothing to do with the other bloody ones. It's not stretchy guy and a guy running around in rock that looks like it's made polystyrene. And its not a comedy."
The film having no relation to the previous "Fantastic Four" movies is no surprise, but Vaughn's comments are definitely eyebrow raising, particularly the "it's not a stretchy guy" portion, which refers to Reed Richards, aka Mr. Fantastic's sole super power. Will we be seeing different super powers for the Fantastic Four in the film? Or is Vaughn simply referring to the characters' arc differing from the heroism of the original films? What do you think Vaughn means in the above quote? Sound off with your theories below!
The recently confirmed cast for the film will include Miles Teller as Mr. Fantastic, Kate Mara as Sue Storm, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm, and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm. Josh Trank will direct the big screen adaptation from a screenplay by Simon Kinberg. The Fantastic Four is currently set for a release on June 19, 2015​.

So it's not a 'stretchy guy' & a 'rock guy' huh?! Is this the same Matthew Vaughn of X-Men fame? Sounds like the dude has lost touch with what a comic book film is!

Zack Snyder knows how to make a comic book film.

Joss Whedon knows how to make a comic book film.

Chris Nolan even arguably knows how to make a comic book film. Maybe not our definition of one exactly but at least one that is a hit.

But these guys?! I liked that X-Men reboot but this Fantastic 4 reboot continues to sound like garbage! It's bad enough that they're changing the Human Torch just because the Jordan dude is friends with the director but now the producer comes along & is insulted by 'stretchy guy' & rock guy'?!

Someone please put this project out of it's misery. Swiftly!  Lame
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next