Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Iron Man 3' News Thread

5 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Iron Man 3' News Thread

Post  thecolorsblend Thu May 10, 2012 5:10 am

non_amos wrote:I think what Colors was doing was taking a 'pot-shot' at duh apologists. That's exactly the sorta thing you'd read at duh Homopage & I did read when what's-her-name was supposed to have played Wonder Woman in the JLM film.
Basically, yeah. At the time, the Eunuch page bordered on a complete repudiation of all things heterosexual.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu May 10, 2012 12:40 pm

i totaly remember that for jlm ww actress, as for this actress i have seen some things she has done. Not to much so i wish her the best of luck in the role she nabbed.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 11, 2012 11:57 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:I think what Colors was doing was taking a 'pot-shot' at duh apologists. That's exactly the sorta thing you'd read at duh Homopage & I did read when what's-her-name was supposed to have played Wonder Woman in the JLM film.
Basically, yeah. At the time, the Eunuch page bordered on a complete repudiation of all things heterosexual.

Ahh. Makes sense now.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Jon fav comments on avengers success, and his involvement with iron man 3:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=59720
Jon Favreau Weighs In On THE AVENGERS Success And His Involvement On IRON MAN 3

Hit the jump for a brief Q&A interview with Iron Man helmer Jon Favreau as his praises Marvel's The Avengers director Joss Whedon,and also details serving only as a producer on Iron Man 3 DCMarvelFreshman - 5/14/2012

In the midst of Marvel's The Avengers growing box-office success, The Hollywood Reporter recently caught up with producer Jon Favreau, who notably helmed the debut of Marvel's cinematic Universe with 2008's Iron Man. Reminiscing the ensemble flick's early stages, Favreau also praising writer-director Joss Whedon, discusses his involvement on Iron Man 3 as a producer, and the Shane Black-directed threequel's production status.

On the success of Marvel's The Avengers: Yeah, how do you like that? Turned out really well. Look, it was something we always planned for, and hoped for, but anything could have gone wrong and it took a lot of things to go right. First and foremost, Joss, to be able to pull together, four different characters based on four different sets of films, that shared a lot tonally and they shared some cast-wise, but he had to pull all those things together and make it work, it’s a very high degree of difficulty for him. But we had done a lot of setup in Iron Man 2 and even in Iron Man 1, we were hoping that it would come to this. I don’t think it became a reality until the last few years, but we were definitely planning for it. But it took a lot of people to pass the baton well, and each director that had been involved with the franchises did their part, but it took Joss to really seal the deal, and clearly it worked out, because the moment seems to continue going.

On the current production status of Iron Man 3: Yeah, down in Wilmington, it’s starting to shoot in a couple weeks. I was just talking to Shane Black and Downey and look, I think it’s a really smart way to go. After Avengers, you want to start with something really bold and inspired, and if you’ve ever seen Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang you’ve seen that when Downey and Shane get together, interesting and unexpected things happen, and I’m happy to see that it’s taking a bit of a tonal shift from The Avengers and it’s going to be something completely different and exciting, and I’m happy to be a part of it.

On a potential shift in tone; more dark perhaps: No, just a little bit more off beat, I’d say. Shane and Robert definitely have an original point of view and an original take on the character, and I think it delves deeper into what makes Tony Stark tick, and plays on the unexpected original unpredictable quality of the character that I think fans gravitate to.

On whether he'll be involved on a regular basis: I’ll be very involved on that one. I’ve already been talking to them and I feel a tremendous connection to that franchise and that character and I’m very proud to see it moving forward in a way that re-enforces that story.

For the full interview, where Jon Favreau discusses J.J. Abrams' Revolution and more, head over to THR!
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon May 14, 2012 6:23 pm

I've never been too crazy about how Jon Favreau handled the first two flicks but I'm excited at the prospect of Shane Black taking the helm and putting his own stamp.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:I've never been too crazy about how Jon Favreau handled the first two flicks but I'm excited at the prospect of Shane Black taking the helm and putting his own stamp.

Dude, 'Iron Man' was a hell of a ride. What complaints could you have against that one?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon May 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Something just didn't feel right about it. It didn't feel earnest like THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA. What holds it up for me is RDJ, because he's that good.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:Something just didn't feel right about it. It didn't feel earnest like THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA. What holds it up for me is RDJ, because he's that good.

Think about something though:

In both the 'Iron Man' movies and 'Avengers', was RDJ's Tony Stark ever earnest?

I think the film played up RDJ's Stark and his outlook almost perfectly.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue May 15, 2012 12:07 am

I was talking about the film itself, not RDJ's Stark.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 15, 2012 1:16 am

Stockslivevan wrote:I was talking about the film itself, not RDJ's Stark.

And I'm saying the film matched the personality.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue May 15, 2012 1:31 am

Yeah, I get that's what Favreau went for but I don't think it was necessary to go like that, cuz it's like he's telling me not to take anything in the film seriously, especially when there are some heavy stuff like Stark's alcoholism. That's how I personally took it. I prefer Whedon's direction concerning Iron Man, his personality was intact but the film never tried to be too ironic about his character.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 15, 2012 1:35 am

Stockslivevan wrote:Yeah, I get that's what Favreau went for but I don't think it was necessary to go like that, cuz it's like he's telling me not to take anything in the film seriously, especially when there are some heavy stuff like Stark's alcoholism. That's how I personally took it. I prefer Whedon's direction concerning Iron Man, his personality was intact but the film never tried to be too ironic about his character.

People responded to it though. When I saw 'The Avengers', as soon as Stark showed up on-screen, people went nuts. And when he "suited up" at the end, they went even MORE crazy.

Favreau did something right in my, and a lot of people's, book.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue May 15, 2012 1:44 am

I think more people responded to RDJ's character than Favreau's direction, and that example you brought up with the crowed cheering for him in THE AVENGERS seems to support that. As I said earlier, RDJ is really what gives the films that special boost.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 15, 2012 1:46 am

I think you wouldn't have one without the other.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue May 15, 2012 1:55 am

Seemed to work fine without him directing THE AVENGERS. We'll see how Black works.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 15, 2012 1:58 am

Stockslivevan wrote:Seemed to work fine without him directing THE AVENGERS. We'll see how Black works.

Jon Favreau had some input on 'The Avengers'. He is listed as a Producer in the credits.

FYI.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue May 15, 2012 2:01 am

Interested in the extent of his influence, because he's probably better off in the producer's chair letting someone else have a handle on Iron Man.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 15, 2012 2:04 am

Stockslivevan wrote:Interested in the extent of his influence, because he's probably better off in the producer's chair letting someone else have a handle on Iron Man.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=59720

On the current production status of Iron Man 3:
Yeah, down in Wilmington, it’s starting to shoot in a couple weeks. I was just talking to Shane Black and Downey and look, I think it’s a really smart way to go. After Avengers, you want to start with something really bold and inspired, and if you’ve ever seen Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang you’ve seen that when Downey and Shane get together, interesting and unexpected things happen, and I’m happy to see that it’s taking a bit of a tonal shift from The Avengers and it’s going to be something completely different and exciting, and I’m happy to be a part of it.

On a potential shift in tone; more dark perhaps:
No, just a little bit more off beat, I’d say. Shane and Robert definitely have an original point of view and an original take on the character, and I think it delves deeper into what makes Tony Stark tick, and plays on the unexpected original unpredictable quality of the character that I think fans gravitate to.

On whether he'll be involved on a regular basis:
I’ll be very involved on that one. I’ve already been talking to them and I feel a tremendous connection to that franchise and that character and I’m very proud to see it moving forward in a way that re-enforces that story.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 15, 2012 2:06 am

*sigh*

I wish these blogs and hipster news sites would use a fucking spell and grammar check now and then.

"Reinforce".
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue May 15, 2012 2:11 am

I was wondering how well connected he'd remained. I remember reading stuff about him being frustrated on IRON MAN 2 hence he wasn't gonna direct 3. I don't think there's a doubt now he'll definitely return as his recurring role, I actually liked that gag with him and Black Widow fighting off goons.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 16, 2012 3:52 pm

I think the guy is making an assumption, but here you go:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55794

James Badge Dale Is Injecting IRON MAN 3 With Some Coldblood!!
Published at: May 16, 2012 12:59:42 PM CDT

The Kidd here...

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 2 Coldblood

In an interesting bit of casting, James Badge Dale has now been added to the Marvel Movie Universe for IRON MAN 3, with Deadline reporting that the character actor has signed on the dotted line to play Savin for the Shane Black-helmed sequel.

In dipping into the Marvel lore, the only Savin on the books is Lt. Colonel Eric Savin, better known as Coldblood, a cyborg resulting from the United States Army's Project: Ultra-Tech after being blown to bits by a mine. However, his path never crosses that of Tony Stark's, and he's certainly not in the Extremis story arc that IRON MAN 3 is being built around.

We now have another villain for IRON MAN 3, but how will Coldblood slot into the overall scheme of things with Ben Kingsley also playing what we'd assume to be a very big part?

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 2 James-badge-dale
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Nice addition to cast. As for if he becomes that cyborg villain as you said ap probably not to likely. So decide to check out wiki on villain. So he hasn't had much internaction with ironman or in his books. But since I see there is the military background and connection to the corp roxxon. Maybe that is what they are drawing from. Maybe the comics military ultra tech project for the film is work with the extremis thing. And eric savin is a test subject of the project that is a joint project from miltary and roxxon corp. To probably try again have ironman like weapons.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Some new iron man 3 details:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=59992
New IRON MAN 3 Details, Filming Locations, Two Minor Cast Additions And More Revealed

Verifying Chinese actor Andy Lau's role,along with minor cast additions,a Hong-Kong-based newspaper has revealed new details surrounding the production of Iron Man 3,including the villain! DCMarvelFreshman - 5/18/2012

Following reports that Chinese actor-singer Andy Lau had landed a Scientist role in Marvel Studios' next outing post-The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Hong-Kong-based newspaper Apple Daily has confirmed the role, in addition to more production details. Praising the amount of screen time Andy will supposedly have, the report adds that Chinese actresses Fan Bingbing and Yang Mi are joining the Shane Black-directed threequel as as Andy’s wife and assistant respectively. What's rather more interesting in the report (transcribed via AndyLauSounds) says:

The film will have location shooting in Beijing and Shanghai, it will narrates that the daughter of Robert Downey Jr.’s friend was kidnapped and brought to China, in order to save his friend’s daughter, he flew over from America to China to seek help from Andy to strengthen his abilities to fight The Mandarin. You will see Iron Man fly over The Great Wall of China, National Palace Museum & other landmarks in Shanghai May 2013

Although veteran actor Ben Kinglsey's role has yet to be disclosed, the report lists The Mandarin. Suggesting why the villain won't be of Chinese descent, a la his source material, the reports explains:

In order not to hurt the feelings of Western and Chinese audience, the story will not focus so much on the villain’s background as not to display the Chinese as evil. [The production] had already got approval from the State Administration of Radio Film and Television in order to be shot, all contents that harms Chinese image had been “removed”, this explains why the villain will be a bit different from the original comic
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 18, 2012 8:24 pm

In order not to hurt the feelings of Western and Chinese audience, the story will not focus so much on the villain’s background as not to display the Chinese as evil.

Yes, because as we ALL know, the only country with "evil" people is the good ol' US of fucking A...... Frustration
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Yup dam pc crap some times.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action