Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain America Nominated For VFX Oscar

4 posters

Go down

Captain America Nominated For VFX Oscar Empty Captain America Nominated For VFX Oscar

Post  non_amos Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:56 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169141-captain-america-transformers-a-x-men-remain-in-the-vfx-oscar-race

Captain America, Transformers & X-Men Remain in the VFX Oscar Race
by SuperHeroHype
January 04, 2012

ComingSoon.net reports that Captain America: The First Avenger, Transformers: Dark of the Moon and X-Men: First Class are still in the race for the Visual Effects Oscar. They are facing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2, Hugo, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Real Steel, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and The Tree of Life.

ll members of the Visual Effects Branch will be invited to view 10-minute excerpts from each of the 10 shortlisted films on Thursday, January 19. Following the screenings, the members will vote to nominate five films for final Oscar consideration.
The 84th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Tuesday, January 24, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater.

Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2011 will be presented on Sunday, February 26, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland CenterĀ®, and televised live by the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries worldwide.

I'd like to know why THOR ain't on this list?! Nevertheless the Cap deserves this anyway. They sure did a great job with puny Steve Rogers!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Captain America Nominated For VFX Oscar Empty Re: Captain America Nominated For VFX Oscar

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:34 am

Owoot for cap. To bad thor didn't make the cut.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Captain America Nominated For VFX Oscar Empty Re: Captain America Nominated For VFX Oscar

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Hmm. And here I would have thought 'THOR' would have been picked over CA....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Those were some great effects for the pre-serum Steve. The other effects were cool too. It deserves the nomination, at the very least.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:32 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Those were some great effects for the pre-serum Steve. The other effects were cool too. It deserves the nomination, at the very least.

I agree.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:02 am

I just hope some film we like actually wins. Cap is definitely a good choice but I suppose even the X-Men film would be like a victory in our book. That film seemed to be liked for the most part on these forums I believe. I think it was like being 'pleasantly surprised'. We expected it to suck & it didn't. I think the general audience enjoyed it too. Sure, it'd be better for Cap to win but I suppose if anything in this genre wins, it's OK with me.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down