"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:15 pm

I know they should have kept the burning clark, superman in cuffs bits. With this you don't even know its a superman film to the fflying shot on end. I hope wb releases the comic con longer trailer.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Haven't seen it, don't really know when I'll see 'Rises'. But it DOES sound disappointing to US, because we have seen the Comic-Con footage. On the same token though, we know the movie is much more than what this trailer sounds like.

So chill.

Admin
Admin

User Reputation : 548

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Haven't seen it, don't really know when I'll see 'Rises'.
Right now, my plan is Tuesday night. I would never have thought I'd be so ambivalent about the opening of a Batman film but here we are. I even saw Batman & Robin on opening weekend. TDKRises? I'm sure I'll see it eventually but I just don't give a shit. The Tuesday thing? It's not even my plan. A friend came up with it, he invited me and that's the only reason it's on the books right now.

Never thought it'd come to this.
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:27 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Right now, my plan is Tuesday night. I would never have thought I'd be so ambivalent about the opening of a Batman film but here we are. I even saw Batman & Robin on opening weekend. TDKRises? I'm sure I'll see it eventually but I just don't give a shit. The Tuesday thing? It's not even my plan. A friend came up with it, he invited me and that's the only reason it's on the books right now.

I saw 'The Dark Knight' at 2am the night it opened, then again that next night. I was a little inebriated the first time, so I didn't remember much. Saw it in IMAX the next night with a different group of friends.

Knowing all I know about 'Rises' has made it a "meh" for me.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Haven't seen it, don't really know when I'll see 'Rises'.
Right now, my plan is Tuesday night. I would never have thought I'd be so ambivalent about the opening of a Batman film but here we are. I even saw Batman & Robin on opening weekend. TDKRises? I'm sure I'll see it eventually but I just don't give a shit. The Tuesday thing? It's not even my plan. A friend came up with it, he invited me and that's the only reason it's on the books right now.

Gonna watch a matinee screening on Monday. That's not because I'm a disenchanted fan, it's because I want to avoid all those pumped up fans going nuts over the flick. I did the same thing with THE AVENGERS. They're too much for me. Clapping over trivial shit, the screaming, the clapping at inappropriate moments. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND JUST WATCH THE FLICK!

Only midnight screenings I ever went to were for SUPERMAN RETURNS and THE DARK KNIGHT.
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:29 pm

I don't really get what all the bitching is about? Anyone who wants to see it, here you go:

Spoiler:

Plays after a short commercial.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:02 am

After the glimpses I saw of the Comic Con footage I too was disappointed with the teaser. I could actually see Alf's frustration with this. But AP does have a point. There is more to this thing than what they showed. Incidentally at the theater I went to they also showed a full trailer for THE HOBBIT which comes out in December & since it's by duh WB, I think we can be certain to have a full trailer for THE MAN OF STEEL.
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:00 pm

Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Alf wrote:

That's definitely improved quality but it looked better on the big screen, especially the flying part. I just wish that we'd gotten more Superman in it.
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:43 pm

On the one hand, I can see that. But then again, if this is supposed to be a teaser then maybe we're getting enough.

Even so, I trust we've all seen that video of the MOS trailer shot from a screening of TDKRises? Um, you could hear a pin drop in that theater. And not in a good way.
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:47 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:On the one hand, I can see that. But then again, if this is supposed to be a teaser then maybe we're getting enough.

Even so, I trust we've all seen that video of the MOS trailer shot from a screening of TDKRises? Um, you could hear a pin drop in that theater. And not in a good way.

What do you mean exactly? Elaborate. I saw that cellphone quality clip but did I miss something? Maybe I was too concerned with the teaser itself & missed what you're talking about?
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:51 pm

The Russell Crowe version:

Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Can someone, ANYONE, explain to me how the 'Man Of Steel' trailer was "worse" than this one?

You know, the one where we see a 2/3 of a second flash of Batman in costume?

After no one can, I'll explain my reasoning as to why MOS actually has a very GOOD "teaser".

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Oh, and if anyone wants a copy that includes both versions, send me a PM.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:45 pm

The MOS teaser trailer is actually better than this one. Are duh Nolanites saying it ain't? But still explain why though because I know you're brainstorming about something here.
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:58 pm

The 'MOS' teaser accomplishes exactly what it set out to accomplish:

To tell the world this ISN'T the Superman you saw drug-out and beaten to dust by Singerman Peeps.

This Superman is going to push Clark Kent to the forefront. It's going to show his journey to become Superman, not gloss it over with a 12 year Fortress of Solitude space trip. So we got a glimpse of that, as well as of Clark's attempt to keep himself grounded with the rest of humanity. Why else would freaking SUPERMAN be hitchhiking??

The shots of the boy are very powerful, if you open your eyes to what they represent. How many of us here tied a blanket, towel, sheet, SOMETHING to our necks and pretended to be Superman? All of us, I'd wager. What Snyder is implying with these shots is, Clark ISN'T emulating ANYONE. The cape, the flying, the hands on the hips, are just part of who he is! He was the first. Showing his hands slowly move to his hips, then the very next shot we see is of him flying.

See the connection?

Sorry, but as cynical as I have been after Singerman kicked me in the nuts with spiked boots, I can STILL see things from an open-minded standpoint. The teaser trailer did what it was meant to do, and did it as well as I could expect.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Its sweet they did two fathers voice over ones. That is nice. And it nice to have them up officially. And ya I get its just teaser. Still for me at least done the cuffed superman/lois/supes kissing would have been nice to have. Maybe the comic con one could be what we get forr full trailer.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:37 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Its sweet they did two fathers voice over ones. That is nice. And it nice to have them up officially. And ya I get its just teaser. Still for me at least done the cuffed superman/lois/supes kissing would have been nice to have. Maybe the comic con one could be what we get forr full trailer.

I had a similar thought. Of course that version though would no doubt have to be 'honed & refined' so that it's really professional in both it's images and it's narrative. But yeah, I could see them doing something like that. Just make it even better, i.e., show more Superman & Zod!
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:51 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:

This Superman is going to push Clark Kent to the forefront. It's going to show his journey to become Superman, not gloss it over with a 12 year Fortress of Solitude space trip. So we got a glimpse of that, as well as of Clark's attempt to keep himself grounded with the rest of humanity. Why else would freaking SUPERMAN be hitchhiking??

You may not believe this (then again, you probably will) but I saw comments over at SHH & Youtube that seemed to be ridiculing Clark hitchhiking. You know, the usual 'first' sorta freaks I guess. Some people can't be satisfied with anything!

But that's not the main reason for this post. The main reason is your SUPERMAN: the MOVIE reference. Look, I love that film as much as the rest of you guys but as has been pointed out before, it's not flawless. The '3rd act' in particular I believe draws the most criticism due to it's descending into 'camp' territory. But it was the 70's after all. However it's not now.

The '12-year journey with Jor-El' in that film is one thing that I have a problem with. I mean, let's face it, is there not a certain lack of logic to it? Clark is 18, his Dad just died & he ups & leaves his Mom like that? Are you kidding me?! And for 12 years at that. So he goes on his journey with Jor-El to explore the '28 known galaxies' which should've been illogical even then. I mean, are there not thousands of galaxies? So I take issue with that too. An advanced race like Krypton surely would've not been that ignoramus? But here's the thing. Clark disappears for 12 years in a wormhole or whatever. Would there have not been anyone besides his Mom who would've missed him & questioned his absence? Lana for example? But even his being gone for 12 years is kinda just not getting it for this character. Really.

So Clark Kent is gone for 12 years & the instant he steps back on Earth he's friggin' Superman?! Suit & all?! But to continue this trend he announces to Lois that he's an alien & ""Is that Krypton with a C-R-I or with a K-R-Y?" Huh?! And the Earth just gladly accepts him without question?! See anything wrong with this picture?

I think Zack Snyder is taking a much more realistic approach with Clark Kent's journey & that's not a bad thing. Smallville basically did this too but they still emulated Donnerverse in some ways as well. So why I think I like this approach better is because it's 'more human'. It makes more sense, Clark trying to discover his place in the world, in this world. No mysticism or any of that. Kinda like how John Byrne made Clark Kent the person & made Superman the disguise. This will no doubt resonate better with, dare I say it, today's 'ultra-realistic superhero audience'. At least the good thing is that the audience will be able to relate to Clark as a real person which I hope extends to Superman as well. Clark really will have had a journey. Call it 'the school of hard knocks'. Not a glossed over space romp.

The public's reaction, as well as the military, will also be more realistic. They may accept Supes by the end of the film & well they should, but it won't just being showing up one day & saying, "Looky here, I'm Superman!" Clark will no doubt look at Zod & company as the true invaders & he as human as us but the road just won't be that easy. Perhaps this is what they mean by this being a 'dark' Superman film?
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:27 am

thecolorsblend wrote:On the one hand, I can see that. But then again, if this is supposed to be a teaser then maybe we're getting enough.

non_amos wrote:What do you mean exactly? Elaborate. I saw that cellphone quality clip but did I miss something? Maybe I was too concerned with the teaser itself & missed what you're talking about?
Basically it's a cell phone recording of the MOS teaser from a TDKRises screening. The crowd was pretty silent through out. You could read that any number of ways but I worry that wide audiences may not be getting pumped for a Superman movie in a year.

non_amos wrote:The '12-year journey with Jor-El' in that film is one thing that I have a problem with. I mean, let's face it, is there not a certain lack of logic to it?
My beef with that is it basically leaves the Kents out of the equation. Clark was basically doing his own thing with no real direction until he was treated to twelve years of Kryptonian brainwashing and re-education. Sure, that's an overly harsh way to look at it but there it is.

non_amos wrote:So Clark Kent is gone for 12 years & the instant he steps back on Earth he's friggin' Superman?! Suit & all?! But to continue this trend he announces to Lois that he's an alien & ""Is that Krypton with a C-R-I or with a K-R-Y?" Huh?! And the Earth just gladly accepts him without question?! See anything wrong with this picture?
Honestly, no. For any other character, having conflicts with the authorities upon going public makes sense. But in my opinion, Superman is the one character who can get a free pass. I don't think it's mandatory (esp not anymore given how many times various comics have played with the idea) but it's not out of order to think that the US government rolls with Superman's debut.

As a general comment, we've all assumed that the kid with the cape in the teaser is Clark. And maybe it is. But is it impossible to believe that it's a kid who sees Superman doing some rescue on TV and becomes inspired by him? "You will give people an ideal to strive towards"... the very first time we see the kid. "In time, you will help them accomplish wonders" and, again, we see the kid. So yeah, maybe it's Clark... but maybe it's just a small kid every bit as captivated by Superman as we were as kids.

How's that for verisimilitude?
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:18 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:The 'MOS' teaser accomplishes exactly what it set out to accomplish:

To tell the world this ISN'T the Superman you saw drug-out and beaten to dust by Singerman Peeps.

The shots of the boy are very powerful, if you open your eyes to what they represent. How many of us here tied a blanket, towel, sheet, SOMETHING to our necks and pretended to be Superman? All of us, I'd wager. What Snyder is implying with these shots is, Clark ISN'T emulating ANYONE. The cape, the flying, the hands on the hips, are just part of who he is! He was the first. Showing his hands slowly move to his hips, then the very next shot we see is of him flying.

See the connection?

Sorry, but as cynical as I have been after Singerman kicked me in the nuts with spiked boots, I can STILL see things from an open-minded standpoint. The teaser trailer did what it was meant to do, and did it as well as I could expect.

This guy makes a good point.

I have to admit the teaser (both version) has really grown on me. I guess I expected a bit too much going into it, consider Snyders history with teasers, so I was a bit disappointed at first but I've since seen the light! Excited
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:02 am

You know even though a teaser not suppose to show much (Thats why they're called teasers) but they least they can do is show they exciting stuff and leave out the unexcitng stuff. The studio must realize that the viewers from Comic-Con are the only lucky ones who get to see more than those who weren't or couldn't make it at the Con, they on the other hand are treated with something lesser than those of the former which is the prime example of the term unfair.

So how do you think the viewers would feel especially whom who weren't at the Con?
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:28 am

thecolorsblend wrote:

Basically it's a cell phone recording of the MOS teaser from a TDKRises screening. The crowd was pretty silent through out. You could read that any number of ways but I worry that wide audiences may not be getting pumped for a Superman movie in a year.

I actually went to TDKR Friday night but not at IMAX but I've yet to post my thoughts on it but I'm brainstorming at the moment. However, as to the MOS teaser, it was fairly quiet where I was at. I heard some voices behind me like' "That's the guy.....", or at least that's what I think I heard. Otherwise it's like the audience (the general uninformed audience) was caught off guard by it & didn't know how to take it exactly. Of course I don't always see standing ovations for trailers anyway but the response there was kinda muted. Hopefully that doesn't necessarily mean anything though.
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:29 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote: The studio must realize that the viewers from Comic-Con are the only lucky ones who get to see more than those who weren't or couldn't make it at the Con, they on the other hand are treated with something lesser than those of the former which is the prime example of the term unfair.

People paid good money to get into Comic-Con and in most cases spent a good deal of hours (some days) camping outside to get inside the Hall H. So no, it's not unfair. Besides, they only got to see the footage once (well, they showed it twice) it's not like they got the recording to take home. It's common practice for studios to show footage at the CC that is exclusive to that event only.

It's a teaser, you got teased. Happy
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:49 am

I never liked the whole gone for 12 yrs bs thing. And clark traveling the world isn't that out of norm lois and clarrk did tha, and didn't a couple books like birthright do same thing. I like that and works with he is an amasing being and wants to see what the worrld is like and fine out how he can best help the world with his powers. So when he becomes/create the superman persona it has a good purpose and meaning so I hope and believe that is where goyer/nolans/snyderr went. As for teasers I did enjoy them. But still like I said back a page a little more supes action would been nice, or at least a bit of clark audio too would been a little more uphm effect for me.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top