Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New TDKR trailer today!!!

+3
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
Comicbookfan-V2
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New TDKR trailer today!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: New TDKR trailer today!!!

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Dunno if embedding is permitted there but this looks like an official release. Anywho. "When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." Hmm.

Also, it looks like the Batcave gets invaded. Those don't look like cops or SWAT either but who knows?

Overall, this hasn't done much to shore up my hope for this film but I'm sort of a lost cause when it comes to this franchise anyway.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:30 pm

could they be bane's merc group?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:33 pm

webhead2006 wrote:could they be bane's merc group?
Certainly a possibility. Or maybe some League of Shadows peeps, assuming that rumor was ever true. My guess is that Bruce will eventually be outed as Batman by Bane. In the comics, Bane just knew Batman was Bruce Wayne. He never had any other suspect. It could only ever have been Bruce. I like that angle on Bane. Gives him a very serious, very focused intelligence. No room for bullshit; all thrilla, no filla.

Of course, we're getting Hardly Bane in this movie but hey...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:45 am

Could be what happens and what not, or if bane isnt with league of shadows he learns who batman is on his own like the comics. We just dont know at this time. Would be interesting if they did play the outed route.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:54 am

Oy. Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:39 am

webhead2006 wrote:Could be what happens and what not, or if bane isnt with league of shadows he learns who batman is on his own like the comics. We just dont know at this time. Would be interesting if they did play the outed route.
The only thing that bugs me about that though is that there are very few truly awesome Daredevil stories that you could adapt more or less directly into a movie... but the Out storyline is one of 'em. It'd piss me off if Nolan shoots his load on this concept for a Batman movie and sort of closes it off from a Daredevil franchise ever running with it. There are tons of great Batman stories to run with out there that you don't need concepts that other characters rely on.

non_amos wrote:Oy. Rolling Eyes
I know, dude. Trust me, I know.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Just found a parody of the trailer over at Comicbookmovie.com!

Check it out...

Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Looks like a new trailer is going to be attached to Avengers:
New TDKR trailer today!!! - Page 2 LmbzR
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:15 am

Yeah, I guess we need a good laugh while we're waiting for Avengers to start! We'll get to see duh hulking 190-lb. 1/6 scale Hardly Bane. Then immediately following we'll get to see THE HULK!

"WE HAVE A HULK!"

Heh-heh! Good luck Nolan! Wink

Last edited by non_amos on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:40 am

non_amos wrote:Yeah, I guess we need a good laugh while we're waiting for Avengers to start! We'll get to see duh hulking 190-lb. 1/6/scale Hardly Bane. Then immediately following we'll get to see THE HULK!

"WE HAVE A HULK!"

I guess it was unavoidable. But if nothing else, it'll make Avengers look even better by comparison.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:24 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:Yeah, I guess we need a good laugh while we're waiting for Avengers to start! We'll get to see duh hulking 190-lb. 1/6/scale Hardly Bane. Then immediately following we'll get to see THE HULK!

"WE HAVE A HULK!"

I guess it was unavoidable. But if nothing else, it'll make Avengers look even better by comparison.

Touche' sir! Just imagine the masses in the theaters across the country, probably a majority of them realists by nature, sitting watching the latest promo for mini-Bane & the lackluster dull-looking TDKR in general. Then when Avengers starts it'll be like dynamite gold! A colorful film with not only a good hero/heroes but also with great villains. And unlike duh apologists think, it'll have a story as well. Not just mindless Transformers popcorn fun.

Just imagine the laughs & responses in the theater, like, "WTF was THAT?!"

Indeed. Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 01, 2012 3:04 am

Too lazy to check if this has been posted yet.

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue May 01, 2012 3:08 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Too lazy to check if this has been posted yet.

I saw this at SHH & wanted to post it but they had one of those videos that ain't Youtube, ya know, the kind you can't embed here. Youtube crossed my mind but didn't feel like looking it up. Anyway, I watched this & trust me on this one..................................................................................................................

The Avengers 'ain't got nothing to worry about'! Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 01, 2012 3:15 am

Are you just saying that because Avengers looks like a fun summer movie with lots of superheroes, action and effects (and is closing in on profitability before it's even opened in the US, the biggest profit center in the world) while TDKRises is bleak, at least somber and depressing as TDK and not really foremost on anyone's mind?

Because, y'know, I'd agree with you there.

One byproduct of Avengers -- and Marvel movies in general -- that I hadn't considered is how it might shape superhero films going forward. There's not much darkness there. Not really. Sure, the characters may have their darkest hours but the material itself isn't dark in the same sense that most of us envision Batman. And so far, Marvel movies have been kicking ass. The point here is that this brighter, more fun approach that Marvel has been running with could help steer the trend toward more fun and adventure-oriented types of superhero films. I mean, there's really no other way to adapt Watchmen but, hey, there could be a market for, I dunno, a Flash movie. Something to think about...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue May 01, 2012 4:00 am

Just saw the trailer and I had to admit it's actually better than the first two, still can't determine whether if "The Avengers" or TDKR will dominate this summer though!

It's safe to say it's anybodies ballgame!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 01, 2012 5:21 am

Just got done watching trailer. I agreen avengers have nothing to worry about. Though there was some visuals in the trailer I did like, and a bit with catwoman.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue May 01, 2012 11:02 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Just saw the trailer and I had to admit it's actually better than the first two, still can't determine whether if "The Avengers" or TDKR will dominate this summer though!

Un-frickin-believable! I just accused you of trying to piss people off in another thread! Ya know, it's this type of thing that over at duh Homopage, they accused us realists of 'baiting'. The difference though was that we actually had a point but unfortunately it went 'against the grain' of popular opinion at duh Homopage so it got people banned. It's like you're doing the same thing without a point?! Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 01, 2012 11:55 am

non_amos wrote:
Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Just saw the trailer and I had to admit it's actually better than the first two, still can't determine whether if "The Avengers" or TDKR will dominate this summer though!

Un-frickin-believable! I just accused you of trying to piss people off in another thread! Ya know, it's this type of thing that over at duh Homopage, they accused us realists of 'baiting'. The difference though was that we actually had a point but unfortunately it went 'against the grain' of popular opinion at duh Homopage so it got people banned. It's like you're doing the same thing without a point?! Suspect
It's trolling. It's like opening a Yahoo News/AP headline thing about a tribute to John F. Kennedy or something and, amidst the recollections and fond wishes, you say that he was assassinated as part of an Illuminati conspiracy to keep an alien invasion secret designed to take over the US government a secret and just watch the chaos ensue. That's what he's up to here. That's not saying he doesn't truly feel the way he says. I'll bet he does, Lord knows his posting history around here attests to it. But trolling is trolling.

Even so, I believe in free speech and open inquiry. If he's right, the facts will eventually bear him out. If we nay-sayers are right, same thing. Puncher can do as he likes but I'm content to let this guy expose himself as the fool he is.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue May 01, 2012 7:06 pm

How is not determining which film will dominate this summer is considered trolling, seriously? I don't mind what you think of TDKR or "The Avengers" (Despite neither of them being out yet) I myself is looking forward to them both really but like most people I save my verdict on the date of release! We don't know yet which film will hit big in the box office since neither films are not out yet but I'm more concern with critical reactions than box office grosses but thats another thing we don't know about yet! For all we know both films may end up being tied in terms of box office results, I mean who knows?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Cbmf I think you can see how avengers is doing will cross 500mill internationally this weekend. And with ticket sales already we are looking nearly a 200mill opening for us. And it should trackk well for first few weekends and all by the end of month be well near/over a bill for total domestic/worldwide figures. Now sure tdkr we don't know how it will do. Far to early on that. Sick we have no teacking figures yet and won't know how well its expected to july.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:How is not determining which film will dominate this summer is considered trolling, seriously? I don't mind what you think of TDKR or "The Avengers" (Despite neither of them being out yet) I myself is looking forward to them both really but like most people I save my verdict on the date of release! We don't know yet which film will hit big in the box office since neither films are not out yet but I'm more concern with critical reactions than box office grosses but thats another thing we don't know about yet! For all we know both films may end up being tied in terms of box office results, I mean who knows?
You are literally the ONLY person I know outside of a full blown Nolanite or Apologist who's been talking up TDKRises. You. You alone. Not only that, but nothing we know about the story sounds remotely like something Batman would do. The Joker whipped him into a corner and he hid for, what is it, five years? Eight?

On top of all that, you've got Hardly Bane running around trying to convince me he can break 6+ ft tall Christian Bale. Tom Hardy is about 5'8"? 5'9? Non_amos (if that even is his real name) found a source a while back saying the dude topped out at 190 lbs during principal photography. To be sure, those aren't small measurements. But at the same rate, they're nofuckingwhere near where Bane ought to be. I usually defer to people who know more about exercise and muscle development but my hunch has always been that Bane is somewhere around 6'3", starts at 240 lbs or so and built like a truck. In other words, Bane is everything Hardly Bane isn't.

You want to keep an open mind? Fine by me. But I've been burned twice now (an Irish Ra's and a Joker in makeup? Really, Chris?) so the way I see it, this is just Nolan- Strike 3. Other people have different opinions about Nolan. Bully for them. But I think his sensibilities don't suit what Batman is all about and I could give two fucks who disagrees with me about it.

Meanwhile, Avengers is already building toward a profit (in spite of the fact that it hasn't even opened in the US, its primary territory), there's buzz to spare about how awesome it's going to be, small children are excited about Iron Man and Captain America in a way that they just aren't and never have been for Nolan's movies and, in being a team up feature, Avengers is making history just by showing up.

When some of us piss on and run down TDKRises, understand that it's because Avengers is delivering everything that TDKRises isn't.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Wed May 02, 2012 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Just watched it. Wasn't bad, didn't get me to say "Fuuuuck!" and then send it to friends and family who had the exact same reaction. Like 'The Avengers' trailer did. All in all, I'm sure I will like MOST of it, at least whenever Hardly "Bane" isn't on-screen.

Oh, and that shot of Hardly walking towards Batman with his hands on his vest, looking all cocky? Man, I would get EXCITED if he was walking towards me.

A chance to kick the living shit out of that twerp?? Sign me up!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 01, 2012 10:25 pm

Colors,

Here is a picture of a guy roughly the same proportions as Hardly "Bane".

5'8, 190lbs:
New TDKR trailer today!!! - Page 2 1BDPzuPzzLC5aadVmTPGMtwObJklI839p

Scared yet? Intimidated?

Yeah, me either.

I do give credit though, he has put in time at the gym. Good on him. But does that look like Bane to YOU?

Now, here is a picture of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

6'5, 260lbs:
New TDKR trailer today!!! - Page 2 2012-04-26-pain_and_gain_the_rock_fullimage-533x605

Any questions?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 04, 2012 3:30 am

Didn't know where to put this, but blah look what they think may happen:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/AUSSYACE/news/?a=59109
The Dark Knight Rises Predicted to Beat The Avengers at Box Office

BoxOffice Mojo,one of the Internet’s most widely-used sites for financial information pertaining to movies,is predicting??? AUSSYACE - 5/3/2012

Well, if one guy was going to take out a whole team of superheroes, you’d have to assume it would be Batman.

Box Office Mojo, one of the Internet’s most widely-used sites for financial information pertaining to movies, is predicting that Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises will make something in the neighborhood of $500 million, stopping short of overtaking records set by The Dark Knight but out-grossing this weekend’s summer box office kickoff The Avengers by somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 million.

The site’s summer domestic box office forecast predicted that the comic book adaptations would come in at #1 and #2, while two other comic book movies (The Amazing Spider-Man and Men in Black III) would score the third- and fifth-highest takes of the summer. In between the pair, Box Office Mojo expects Disney/Pixar’s Brave to pull in $260 million and the fourth-place ranking for the season.

Back in April, movie theater industry site Fandango found that The Avengers had topped The Dark Knight Rises as the most-anticipated movie of the year among fans, but many fans argued that those results were skewed, since the study was done at the height of the hype for The Avengers, which comes out more than two months earlier than The Dark Knight Rises. With a new trailer hitting theaters at midnight (ironically WITH The Avengers) and the Bat-PR campaign about to kick into high gear, Nolan’s third outing into the Bat-verse is likely to gain momentum quickly.

One factor that may play a defining role in which movie makes more is repeat customers; while so far The Avengers has ludicrously good buzz and many fans saying they can’t wait to see it again, the widespread availability of bootleg copies on the Internet a week before the film’s release probably dampens some of that for casual moviegoers.
That is such bs shit here I say. When we can already see avengers selling well and fans liking it. I am sure tdkr will do well for wb/dc. But I seriously doubt it do as great as tdk, or what ever final avengers numbers are.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri May 04, 2012 3:38 am

I actually read the article at Box Office Mojo itself just while ago. I guess there's more Nolanites in duh media than we previously believed? But what a steaming pile this is! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next