Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patty Jenkins OUT As 'Thor 2' Director

4 posters

Go down

Patty Jenkins OUT As 'Thor 2' Director Empty Patty Jenkins OUT As 'Thor 2' Director

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:26 pm

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=50790

Patty Jenkins banished from Asgard! According to Deadline Director Patty Jenkins (AMC's The Killing) is departing from Thor 2 because of "creative differences." Patty was the second choice to Game of Thrones director Brian Kirk. Marvel is said to be moving very quickly on Patty's replacement in order to keep the release date, July 26, 2013.

Deadline added that this may not be the last of Patty Jenkins in the superhero genre. I'm not sure if they are speculating or if there source gave them a scoop but they said, "The feeling is that she’ll probably end up working on one of these superhero films, but perhaps not on a sequel."
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Patty Jenkins OUT As 'Thor 2' Director Empty Re: Patty Jenkins OUT As 'Thor 2' Director

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:49 am

Wowzers, a director leaving just before they should be getting serious about pre-production. Man, that phenomenon has *NEVER* gone wrong before! I'm so stoked for Thor 2 now!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Patty Jenkins OUT As 'Thor 2' Director Empty Re: Patty Jenkins OUT As 'Thor 2' Director

Post  webhead2006 Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:15 am

Just read the news mysellf a few mins ago. A little disapointing. I was wondering what she would have done. But let's see who marvel can get on thor now.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:25 pm

Get someone better qualified this time.

Won't happen though. No good director will come cheap.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:54 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Get someone better qualified this time.

Won't happen though. No good director will come cheap.
There's that but something else is time constraints, surely. Anybody they hire is really going to have to hit the ground running. Not saying it's impossible but given Marvel's penny-pinching and the time crunch here... well, who needs THAT pressure?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:46 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:There's that but something else is time constraints, surely. Anybody they hire is really going to have to hit the ground running. Not saying it's impossible but given Marvel's penny-pinching and the time crunch here... well, who needs THAT pressure?

Actually, 'Thor 2' was pushed back to November, 2013:

http://www.slashfilm.com/thor-2-pushed-july-november-2013/

Now that Disney is moving forward with Lone Ranger, even giving the movie a revised release date (May 31, 2013 — more on that movie in a few minutes) the studio is moving some other things around. Most notably, Disney has pushed Thor 2 back from July 26 2013 to November 15, 2013. That July 26 date isn’t going to be devoid of Disney product, however, as the studio will stick Phineas and Ferb in there.

So a new director would have almost 2 years to get things in order.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:07 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Actually, 'Thor 2' was pushed back to November, 2013:

http://www.slashfilm.com/thor-2-pushed-july-november-2013/

Now that Disney is moving forward with Lone Ranger, even giving the movie a revised release date (May 31, 2013 — more on that movie in a few minutes) the studio is moving some other things around. Most notably, Disney has pushed Thor 2 back from July 26 2013 to November 15, 2013. That July 26 date isn’t going to be devoid of Disney product, however, as the studio will stick Phineas and Ferb in there.

So a new director would have almost 2 years to get things in order.
Ah. That simplifies things. Maybe this is a chance for del Toro to be reconsidered for the job. I'd love to see where he could take the characters, story and (most of all) the visuals.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:44 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Ah. That simplifies things. Maybe this is a chance for del Toro to be reconsidered for the job. I'd love to see where he could take the characters, story and (most of all) the visuals.

This is what I'm saying.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:05 pm

Well it nice to see who ever will be replacement will have more time to work on things. Hopefully a good director will be picked. So far marvel has ended with good directors. I do agree del toro would be great here on thor. Heck I would love to see him on dr. Strange too. We know he has a relationship with marvel with sheparding the possible hulk tv show. So it would be great if he decided to do a film for them somewhere down the road.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:31 pm

Well Patty has finally made some comments about leaving the film:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/thor-2-patty-jenkins-270210
"I have had a great time working at Marvel. We parted on very good terms, and I look forward to working with them again. I have a long love of superhero films and I'd been saying over and over again to my agents at CAA that I'd like to do one. The Marvel guys are so brave in terms of who they choose overall, and I don't think they had any pause about me being a woman."
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:24 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/thor-2-alan-taylor-daniel-minahan-272033

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the company is looking at two director prospects: Alan Taylor and Daniel Minahan.

Marvel was also in the middle of hiring a writer when the Jenkins exit occurred. Don Payne had written a draft and Sheldon Turner was among those being discussed to work on the script, but the new shortlist of possible writers consists of John Collee, whose credits include Happy Feet and Master and Commander: Far Side of the World, Robert Rodat, the scribe who created the TNT show Falling Skies and wrote Saving Private Ryan, and Roger Avary.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Looks like natlie portman isn't happy with patty out as director:
http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/169043--natalie-portman-speaks-out-against-patty-jenkins-dismissal-from-thor-2
Natalie Portman Speaks Out Against Patty Jenkins' Dismissal From Thor 2 by Silas Lesnick December 14, 2011

She's still contractually obligated to star in the 2013 release

Following a report last week that Patty Jenkins was removed as the director of Marvel Studios' Thor 2, comes word from The Hollywood Reporter that at least one actor from the original film is none too happy with the decision. According to their story, Natalie Portman is "furious" at Jenkins' dismissal from the project.

Jenkins previously directed Monster starring Charlize Theron, who won an Academy Award for her performance in the film. She received an Emmy nomination for directing the pilot of AMC's acclaimed series "The Killing" and has also directed episodes of "Entourage" and "Arrested Development."

Said to be a huge proponent of Jenkins' involvement in the first place, Portman is nonetheless contractually obligated to appear in the November 15, 2013 release, no matter who the studio ultimately decides on to helm.

Although the article notes that Jenkins would have been the first female director to tackle a Marvel Studios property, that honor went to Lexi Alexander with 2008's Punisher: War Zone.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:17 am

"Waaah, I didn't get what I wanted! Waah"

Shut the fuck up and do your job, Padme Portman.

Patty Jenkins OUT As 'Thor 2' Director Tumblr_lkcflfgGaW1qa5dy8o1_500

*GROAN*
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 am

Anything that pisses her off is a-okay in my book.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:32 am

It's not as if anyone came out of the theater saying: "Damn, Natalie Portman was the best thing about 'THOR'! I can't wait to see HER again!!".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:34 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:It's not as if anyone came out of the theater saying: "Damn, Natalie Portman was the best thing about 'THOR'! I can't wait to see HER again!!".

Probably most any decent actress could've played her part in THOR. A lesser known actress may have even blended in better. The movie still would've done well.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:02 am

Definately being a baby there. Sure she is a goood looking lady and a decent actress. But I have heard these crap things about her in the past. But its always sucks when stuff like this happens. Which leads to issues with castmates and getted fired or leaving a picture. Which sucks when those happen. But she still is over reacting a bit mu@h.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down