Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IT'S A WRAP!

+4
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
Apologist Puncher
non_amos
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

IT'S A WRAP! - Page 2 Empty Re: IT'S A WRAP!

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:05 pm

non_amos wrote:I thought it immediately followed too. So what then? Has Batman 'been in hiding' for 8 years?! Does that explain the 'ski-mask' when he's visiting Gordon in the hospital? And look at this excerpt about Bane:
I've only heard a bit about that scene. Don't know the details. But it wouldn't surprise me.

It'd also seem to be kind of a violation of what TDK drove home. The guy doesn't give up. He can't. He shouldn't. Batman is whatever Gotham needs him to be, which, at the moment, is a villain. If he seriously went into hiding after TDK... fuck me, talk about missing the point of your own movie...

Nolan on _Tom is Hardly Bane_ wrote:"He's brutal. Brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action."
non_amos wrote:Now those statements I put in bold I wanna ask Nolan just how is he gonna convince me, the viewer, of that 'fact'?! Suspect
No kidding. Say whatever you want about Jeep Swenson but at least that guy LOOKED like he could inflict some heavy damage (irrespective of how lame he turned out).

webhead2006 wrote:Ya a few months to a year seem lot better then being many years later. Why would the police still care so much about batman if its been years since.
As far as they know, Batman is guilty of all of Two Face's murders, which includes two cops. There's no statute of limitations on murder. And because police take shit so much more seriously when THEIR asses are on the line rather than shmucks like us ("back the badge" and all that bullshit), yeah, it's no stretch to think they'd still have a mad-on for Batman after all these years.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:55 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Ya a few months to a year seem lot better then being many years later. Why would the police still care so much about batman if its been years since.

Agreed, why have it take place almost a decade after TDK or have Bats going into hiding that long if he's trying to be the symbol of Gotham, the kind that Gotham needs and not the kind it wants as he himself put it? Knowing Bats he can always elude authorities while in the process can still show up whenever crime/crisis is a foot, wanted man or not!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:13 pm

The more news leaks out about this, the more convinced I am that Prey (from Legends of the Dark Knight #11-15) would've been a better follow up to TDK. It includes Catwoman but has a fairly realistic type of setting and story that you'd think Nolan is already friendly to. On top of that, with little effort you could spin Hugo Strange's smear campaign against the Batman into something that follows on from TDK. On top of all that, Prey gives Batman a physical antagonist to fight that isn't really a costumed supervillain in the usual sense.

It really blows my mind that Nolan skipped over this story, esp for what it looks like he's doing with TDKRises.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Bug-Eyed Earl Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Just throwing it out there: I saw a Beowulf movie where the 6'3" Gerard Butler played Beowulf and a 6'0" Icelandic actor played Grendel. I recall that they pulled it off pretty well, using forced perspective and a 6'10" guy for long distance shots (makeup covered the difference in facial features). And I've seen set photos from Captain America where Chris Evans did not lot look as muscular in that same scene in the movie- I have no idea how they did that. If there had been sightings of a huge guy in the Bane costume we'd have an idea what they were going for. I'm sure he'll look bigger than he does in real life, but I have no idea how far they can take it.

Bug-Eyed Earl
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Lindy Hemming Gives Details On Bane's Mask

THE BREATHING MECHINISM: "He was injured early in his story. Hes suffering from pain and he needs gas to survive. He cannot survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at the back where there are two cannisters of what ever it is..the anasthetic"

IT'S A WRAP! - Page 2 Epic-fail-sad-face-fail-demotivational-poster-1226327702
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:31 pm

Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:Just throwing it out there: I saw a Beowulf movie where the 6'3" Gerard Butler played Beowulf and a 6'0" Icelandic actor played Grendel. I recall that they pulled it off pretty well, using forced perspective and a 6'10" guy for long distance shots (makeup covered the difference in facial features). And I've seen set photos from Captain America where Chris Evans did not lot look as muscular in that same scene in the movie- I have no idea how they did that. If there had been sightings of a huge guy in the Bane costume we'd have an idea what they were going for. I'm sure he'll look bigger than he does in real life, but I have no idea how far they can take it.

Not far enough to make a 5'7 actor look intimidating next to a 6'1 Batman.

The casting of Tom Hardly is mystifying BEYOND his, "short-comings" *snicker*, physically. I mean, it's not like the guy is a box office draw or anything. Check this out:

Bronson (2009)
Domestic: $104,979 4.6%
Foreign: $2,155,733 95.4%
= Worldwide: $2,260,712

Warrior (2011)
Production Budget: $25 million
Domestic: $13,657,115
Foreign: $8,500,000
= Worldwide: $22,157,115

I am going to see the movie. Obviously. But out of ALL the movies coming out next summer, this is the one that has let me down the most. Cast wise, so far.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Yeah, AP, just exactly what was Nolan thinking?! TDK numbers this thing will be.....NOT! Take Heath Ledger for example. He was a rising star & all of that & his casting as pseudo-Joker became very controversial even before his death. Then when he died it brought 'the Elvis factor' into the equation as far as box office was concerned & I'd like to see some apologist honestly refute that! You know it did. Elvis obviously sold gazillions of records before his death but you & I both know that he was obviously no longer 'in shape' & probably coasting on past glory. Then when he died, what happened? Gazillions of more records sold, merchandise, whatever! I mean, it happens. It happened with THE DARK KNIGHT as well. Had it not been for Ledger's death, I expect the total international numbers would've been more in line with the 4th Indiana Jones film.

But this ain't likely happening with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. Nolan continues his practice of using people he just recently used in previous films but..........if that be the case, why didn't he use Leonardo DiCaprio? Surely he would've been a bigger box office draw?! But instead we get Tom Hardly. Even Johnny Depp would've been a better choice if you're looking for sheer box office draw alone. The cast of Twilight would probably even be a bigger draw that Hardly! And I know we don't want them anywhere near a project like this! So what was Nolan thinking indeed?

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/new-pics-from-dark-knight-rises-story-place-8-years-after-dark-knight-bane-so-brutal-he-rips-body-parts-out-687209.html?wss=fanmail&type=Newsletter&mailing=11.23.11%20Newsletter

I won't post that entire article because it's mostly the same info that's already been posted on here. However, I found this statement that I think will be of some interest:

Now that Empire has revealed their two covers for The Dark Knight Rises -- featuring both Batman and Bane -- it's time for them to give us a taste of the info they have tucked inside the issue. According to director Christopher Nolan, The Dark Knight Rises will pick up eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, adding "So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state."

Meanwhile, when it came to choosing a villain, Nolan and co. really wanted to test Batman on multiple levels seeing as this would be the last villain they throw at him. "With Bane, we're looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn't had before.," Nolan said. "With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we're testing Batman both physically as well as mentally."

So then what kind of challenges will Batman be up against with Bane? Honestly, the dude sounds like he's Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat video games based on some of the moves he has in his arsenal.

The remainder of the article is the crapola about Hardly ripping off heads & spinal columns, the gas mask & such. But didn't someone on here a few months back make the statement that Bane looked like some dude from MORTAL KOMBAT? Refer back to the bold statement. So what then? Did Nolan consider that the real Bane just wasn't realistic? Because, I mean, who'd buy a pumped-up steroid freak?! Rolling Eyes

So Nolan, a la Singer, reinvents the character?! Because after all, if Bane really existed, he'd be more in line with Nolan's ultra-realistic interpretation, no? Suspect

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:59 pm

^ Freaking amen, dude. Yeah, someone a few pages back mentioned the Scorpion thing.

For the moment, forget about DiCaprio. Gordon-Levitt is freaking big these days. It's easy to remember him as the kid from 10 Things I Hate About You but he's really grown a LOT, both as a person physically speaking but also as an actor. Is he ideal for Bane? Maybe not but physically he's a lot closer to the mark than the Hardly Bane we're getting.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:21 pm

I was the one who first compared "Bane" to a 'Mortal Kombat' character:

https://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org/t9p30-tom-hardy-to-play-bane-in-batman-sequel#6422

And as to the Elvis thing, I could go into a lot of details about why he was the way he was at the end, and the people most responsible for it. But that's beside the point. There definitely IS a morbid "post-mortem" bump in the sales of a particular actor/singer/entertainer's work. And Ledgers unfortunate passing ISN'T excluded.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:10 am

Is it a factor? Certainly. But I think TDK's success was a perfect storm of a lot of stuff that can't be easily recaptured. The core fans were responding to the viral marketing campaign (for some reason), the general public was intrigued by this new version of the Joker, BB was in general very well regarded, the trailers were executed in a way that gave you an impression of the film without giving away much of the plot and, most importantly of all, the movie apparently delivered whatever the hell it was people wanted of it (which I still haven't figured out). I just can't pin it all Ledger's passing.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:29 am

Coming back to THE HULKING 190-LB. BANE. In reference to my earlier comments on Nolan's take. I'm not an authority on the character by any means but I have read a little bit about it online. It seems that Bane was:

1) Hispanic
2) Born & raised in prison to pay for his father's crimes or some such
3) Sexually abused in prison as a child?
4) Committed his 1st murder at the age of 8?
5) At some point as an adult he got hooked up with the Venom steroid cycle

Now, even though I didn't read KNIGHTFALL, I understand that Batman had just had a grueling evening being double-teamed by both the Joker and the Penguin & that Bane chose that time to attack when Bats was exhausted. But then we had Azrael take over for Bats & wipe the floor with Bane. So on & so forth.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but my guess is that Nolan is gonna completely re-write Bane's back-story, probably putting him in league with the League of Shadows. Nolan possibly changes the breathing apparatus for the steroid apparatus? And instead of giving us a truly 'hulking' Bane as per the source material, what do we in fact get? Bane-Lite? IMHO not even that! What do we get?

BANE-IN-NAME-ONLY!!!!! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:45 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Is it a factor? Certainly. But I think TDK's success was a perfect storm of a lot of stuff that can't be easily recaptured. The core fans were responding to the viral marketing campaign (for some reason), the general public was intrigued by this new version of the Joker, BB was in general very well regarded, the trailers were executed in a way that gave you an impression of the film without giving away much of the plot and, most importantly of all, the movie apparently delivered whatever the hell it was people wanted of it (which I still haven't figured out). I just can't pin it all Ledger's passing.

I don't think anyone said it was "all" due to Ledger passing? Question
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:00 am

non_amos wrote:Coming back to THE HULKING 190-LB. BANE. In reference to my earlier comments on Nolan's take. I'm not an authority on the character by any means but I have read a little bit about it online. It seems that Bane was:

1) Hispanic
2) Born & raised in prison to pay for his father's crimes or some such
3) Sexually abused in prison as a child?
4) Committed his 1st murder at the age of 8?
5) At some point as an adult he got hooked up with the Venom steroid cycle

No idea about any of that. Must have come after 'Knightfall'.

Much, much later....

Now, even though I didn't read KNIGHTFALL, I understand that Batman had just had a grueling evening being double-teamed by both the Joker and the Penguin & that Bane chose that time to attack when Bats was exhausted.

I just found an old tpb of 'Knightfall', so I can answer some of these:

Bane released all of the prisoners in 'Arkham Asylum' at the same time Batman was sleep-deprived and ill. He had to take down not only the Joker, but the Mad Hatter, Amygdala?, Zsasz, Firefly, The Joker AND Scarecrow, followed by Bane's 3 henchmen and finally Bane HIMSELF in the BatCave. All of this happening over just a few days.

So Batman was done for from the get-go, and Bane broke his back with ease.

But then we had Azrael take over for Bats & wipe the floor with Bane. So on & so forth.

Actually, I think Azrael just took over on his own.

And I actually kind of liked his costume:
IT'S A WRAP! - Page 2 Batman_Azrael_454678

Just not all that yellow.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but my guess is that Nolan is gonna completely re-write Bane's back-story,

And that is all you needed to say right there.

Yes. Yes he will.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:29 am

No disrespect to Elvis btw. Just making a point about that particular phenomenon which seems to be the case with other things besides Elvis but that sticks in my mind because I remember it back then.

As for Bane, I apparently got some of my info from this link but apparently not all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28comics%29

I'm not sure where the rest came from but I do know it came from a Google search a while back. But yeah, I'm sure Nolan's version will resemble the real deal little if at all! That's why I say 'in name only'. Hardly is obviously gonna razzle & dazzle us with his lightning-fast moves extraordinaire! And I think it's apparent by now that there will not be any CGI in the use of 'Bane'. But why should Nolan use it, right? I mean, he's giving us a realistic version. Who needs the source material anyway, right? And I make a prediction. Expect duh apologists to have a 'jizz fest' over his interpretation of Bane, i.e., "Nolan really gets the essence ,the heart, of Bane."

How will the realists react? Your guess is as good as mine. I too plan to see the film but I don't expect TDK numbers & just like the recent Lou Reed/ Metallica debacle, I expect 'Bane' could become like a 'running joke'. Rolling Eyes

EDIT TO ADD: Had a thought, possibly very important. With all of this talk about 'Hardly Bane' ripping off heads, ripping out hearts & spinal columns, etc., I mean , all this carnage he's supposed to commit. You tell me. Are we watching a Batman film here or Jason Voorhees vs. Michael Myers?! I mean, this is gonna be a 'family film', right? Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Is it a factor? Certainly. But I think TDK's success was a perfect storm of a lot of stuff that can't be easily recaptured. The core fans were responding to the viral marketing campaign (for some reason), the general public was intrigued by this new version of the Joker, BB was in general very well regarded, the trailers were executed in a way that gave you an impression of the film without giving away much of the plot and, most importantly of all, the movie apparently delivered whatever the hell it was people wanted of it (which I still haven't figured out). I just can't pin it all Ledger's passing.

I don't think anyone said it was "all" due to Ledger passing? Question
You'd be shocked at how many people attribute it solely to that. Of course, most of 'em are Apologists desperate to excuse Singerman's failures so...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:42 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:You'd be shocked at how many people attribute it solely to that. Of course, most of 'em are Apologists desperate to excuse Singerman's failures so...

Well, yeah.

But they're idiots.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:53 pm

non_amos wrote:Coming back to THE HULKING 190-LB. BANE. In reference to my earlier comments on Nolan's take. I'm not an authority on the character by any means but I have read a little bit about it online. It seems that Bane was:

1) Hispanic
South American.

non_amos wrote:3) Sexually abused in prison as a child?
I never got that impression. As I recall, Trog (one of his flunkies) watched his back and protected him from stuff. But I guess it's possible.

non_amos wrote:5) At some point as an adult he got hooked up with the Venom steroid cycle
Yeah, it was basically the DC equivalent of a super-soldier program.

And now that we're talking about it, I swear to have seen a video or cartoon or something recently that did a decent enough job dramatizing the whole thing.

non_amos wrote:Now, even though I didn't read KNIGHTFALL,
You'll want to. The storyline takes a lot of shit from a lot of fans these days but (A) it's good on it's own terms and (B) it obviously introduced a significant new Batman villain. How many new villains can truly be called significant, esp in Batman's rogue's gallery? But Bane is.

Apologist Puncher wrote:So Batman was done for from the get-go, and Bane broke his back with ease.
That was an element of the story I kinda dug, esp at the time. The idea of a new villain coming out of nowhere and killing Superman worked for that story but I would've resented something like that being done with Batman. I don't know why. But somehow, it felt more legitimate that Bane methodically planned and executed everything before making his move against Batman.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Actually, I think Azrael just took over on his own.
Nah, he'd been duly appointed by Bruce through Robin.

non_amos wrote:EDIT TO ADD: Had a thought, possibly very important. With all of this talk about 'Hardly Bane' ripping off heads, ripping out hearts & spinal columns, etc., I mean , all this carnage he's supposed to commit. You tell me. Are we watching a Batman film here or Jason Voorhees vs. Michael Myers?! I mean, this is gonna be a 'family film', right? Suspect
This is one of those things that kinda bugs me about Nolan's Batman in general. You could argue this same criticism applies to aspects of Burton's Batman but I find Nolan's Batman in general and TDK in particular really isn't for kids. And it's not so much graphic content (how much blood and stuff is there in TDK REALLY?) so much as it is the darkness and hopelessness woven into the setting and the characters.

Yeah, sure, there might've been the gore factor in Burton's stuff but Batman won in each story. In Batman Returns, I'd argue it was a pretty friggin hollow victory... BUT HE WON. In TDK... he didn't really win anything. Yeah, he took the Joker down but his reputation was smithereens, he's apparently been driven into hiding, lots of cops are dead, Harvey is dead, Rachel is dead, etc. It just seems very nihilistic.

Batman doesn't have to be Adam West stuff in order to be kiddie-friendly. But at the same time, kids are a big part of that audience and, speaking as a non-parent, I don't know that I'd want any kid under the age of 13 or 14 to watch TDK. But dammit, there needs to be a Batman out there for the kids to watch.

Anyway.

Since I'm on my soapbox here, one aspect of the Knightfall thing is that, as per Denny O'Neil, the entire dramatic thrust of the story is to explain why Batman doesn't kill. This is explored through Jean Paul since obviously DC didn't want to leave blood on Bruce's hands.

My beef with that though is that they explore that subplot through the most bullshit, strawman way possible and use that as their argument for why Batman shouldn't kill. Well fuck that, I'd argue that a guy who takes every single other aspect of criminal investigation into his own hands wouldn't draw the line at killing perps.

The bullshit argument goes that "this is the one thing that separates us (Batman and co.) from them (the criminals and supervillains)". Well, yeah, I buy that, but not the way they intend. Criminals steal stuff; so does Batman. Criminals wear masks; so does Batman. Criminals beat the hell out of people to get what they want; so does Batman.

On top of all that, Batman regularly breaks and enters to gather evidence; where's his search warrant. Hell, where the fuck is his probable cause? He regularly questions suspects; where's their due process?

Batman would kill. It's that simple. Maybe not a purse-snatcher, maybe not even a drug dealer or a rapist (so spare me the usual "Batman isn't the Punisher" strawman) but he'd undoubtedly snap the Joker's neck and sleep like a baby that night. Anybody would... except maybe the Euro-weenies.

Frankly, I'd argue that Batman learned at a very early age just how cheap human life is and the logical lesson he'd take away is that he needs to fight fire with fire. That's a far more logical decision for him to make than to become a criminal up to but not quite AT becoming a killer himself. I just can't convince myself that he'd organically make that decision of his own accord, or even from lessons he'd learned from others. Maybe, MAYBE, bitter experience might show him his folly... but if it ever came to that, he'd likely give up being Batman altogether and channel his influence and wealth into strictly legal activities to inspire reform legitimately.

The other thing though is that there's always supposed to be some bullshit tension between him and Superman. Their methods are a constant sticking point. But, um, where's the tension? Hey, it makes sense in Byrne's Man of Steel miniseries, where Batman and Superman know nothing about each other. It also made sense in TDKR, where Batman and Superman came down on very different sides of a major conflict. But in the day to day? If Batman doesn't understand Superman viewing his powers as a tremendous responsibility that could destroy the entire planet if Superman doesn't always control himself, he's a moron. If Superman doesn't understand that Batman uses fear, force and intimidation to achieve his ends because he doesn't have powers, he's a moron too.

But if Batman occasionally whacks major supervillains because they're simply too big a threat to society otherwise, yeah, you've got juice there for conflict between Superman and Batman. It's logical and fits both characters. But a non-killing Batman having problems with Superman just doesn't make sense 99% of the time. And, to bring it all back, I seriously resent the "Batman does not kill" argument advanced in the Knightfall/Knightquest/KnightsEnd storylines because it doesn't even fucking bother to take the other side into account. Instead, it reduces murder into the meaningless act of a lunatic rather than the surgical procedure Batman would probably use it as to protect society. The lesser evil, if you will.

Pisses me right off.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Well, in Burton's two 'Batman' films, he does, indeed, kill.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:35 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Well, in Burton's two 'Batman' films, he does, indeed, kill.
And I've got no problem with it. (A) The comics Burton was most inspired by (the first year or so of Kane/Finger on Detective Comics) had a Batman that killed and (B) it fits the psychological profile of the character, if you ask me. It's not like Batman went around whacking everybody; it was a kind of rare thing, even for Burton.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:07 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:And I've got no problem with it. (A) The comics Burton was most inspired by (the first year or so of Kane/Finger on Detective Comics) had a Batman that killed and (B) it fits the psychological profile of the character, if you ask me.

It never really bothered me either, but it WAS noticeable.

It's not like Batman went around whacking everybody; it was a kind of rare thing, even for Burton.

Watch the first 30 minutes of 'Batman Returns' and see if that is entirely correct or not.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:28 pm

STOP THE PRESSES!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168919-christian-bale-on-his-dark-knight-rises-co-stars

Christian Bale on His Dark Knight Rises Co-Stars
by SuperHeroHype
November 26, 2011

Christian Bale talked to the Phillippine Daily Inquirer about his co-stars in The Dark Knight Rises and we've received higher-res scans of the recently-released images.

"I'm terrible at auditions, so I'm very impressed when somebody really seems to acquire an ownership of a character without having worked on it or prepared for some amount of time. I saw that in Anne," he told the newspaper about Anne Hathaway. "In many ways, she has the hardest job. There are a number of people who feel that the Catwoman role has been defined previously. So, I always saw Anne's role as being the toughest job of any of us."

About Tom Hardy, who plays Bane, Bale added that he is "a phenomenal actor. I like working with him a great deal. He goes the whole hog. I know that Bane has been seen in movies before. But, in my eyes, Tom is essentially creating Bane for the first time so there's great freedom for him to be able to do so."

And about Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bale said that "Joseph is a very intriguing guy... He's somebody who truly seems to love acting. He's a good, smart guy. He did a very good job in the movie."

He also talked briefly about Christopher Nolan's Batman. "We always maintained from the beginning that if you wanted to break it down, there are three personas – Batman is sincere, the private Bruce Wayne is sincere. The public version of Bruce Wayne, the playboy, is a completely fabricated performance."

No need posting the pics as they're the same ones that have already been posted in these forums. But here, let me put the emphasis on Bale's opinion of Hardly:

About Tom Hardy, who plays Bane, Bale added that he is "a phenomenal actor. I like working with him a great deal. He goes the whole hog. I know that Bane has been seen in movies before. But, in my eyes, Tom is essentially creating Bane for the first time so there's great freedom for him to be able to do so."

So in Bale's opinion Bane is really being seen for the first time huh? About all I can say right now about that is, what a tool! No
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Yep.

He gets to "create" the FIRST EVER pint-sized "Bane".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:47 am

Bumping this thread due to some delusional ramblings I found from duh almighty Nolan:

http://screencrush.com/dark-knight-rises-silent-film/

Chris Nolan Says ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Is the Biggest Film in Almost 100 Years
by: Britt Hayes 2 weeks ago

IT'S A WRAP! - Page 2 Chris-10
Warner Bros.

Are you ready for the most epic ‘Dark Knight’ film yet? Chris Nolan explains some of his inspirations while making ‘The Dark Knight Rises,’ and you might be more than just a little surprised.

In an interview with Empire, Nolan refers to ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ as “the biggest one” he’s done, but that’s not all — Nolan believes the film is “The biggest one anyone’s done since the silent era.”

Nolan invoking the silent era in a discussion about a Batman film is about as surreal as it gets. He also had some interesting things to say about the tone of the film:

It’s all about historical epics in conception. It’s a war film. It’s a revolutionary epic. It’s looking back to the grand-scale epics of the past, really, and for me that goes as far back as silent films. I’ve been watching a lot of silent films with my kids on Blu-ray. We’ve shot over a third of the movie on the IMAX format, and that naturally puts you more in the mode of staging very large events for the camera. (…) There’s an attempt to visualise certain things in this film on this large scale that are troubling and genuinely to the idea of an American city. Or, to put it another way: revolutions and the destabilising of society have happened everywhere in the world, so why not here?

Nolan claims he used approximately 11,000 extras for the film, hence the claim that this is the biggest film since the silent era. (Badass Digest points out that 1982′s ‘Gandhi’ actually used over 300,000 extras for the funeral scene and holds the record according to the Guinness Book of World Records.)

The idea of a society collapsing and being reborn is one that’s been explored in both previous ‘Dark Knight’ films. In ‘Batman Begins,’ Ra’s Al Ghul wanted to destroy Gotham because he believed that only when a society on the brink of self-destruction had been completely wiped out, could it become something better. In ‘The Dark Knight,’ the Joker was a nihilist who thought people were at their best when they caved to baser instincts, acting out on their most primitive feelings of rage. The Joker wanted Gotham to become an anarchic place where people destroyed themselves, believing it would create a better place.

Every villain in Nolan’s Batman universe has had their own set of ideals for society, and shared a similar end game.

This time around, the people of Gotham still blame Batman for Two Face’s crimes in ‘The Dark Knight,’ and as the city slowly unravels, two new enemies — Bane and Catwoman — threaten to push it over the edge once and for all. From what we’ve seen in the trailers, Nolan is right: this is his revolutionary epic, a film that speaks to the current climate of society with the wealthiest 1% versus the 99% — the rest of us — placing Batman in a precarious position as he is definitely a member of the former, but a crusader for the latter. Get ready for war.

Filed Under: Chris Nolan, The Dark Knight Rises
Category: Movie News

Wow. Just.....wow! Duh almighty Nolan believes his own press! Biggest film of all time?!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Frustration
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:50 am

Damn. I remember when Nolan had a particular humility about his work. "I like my Batman but this isn't the greatest superhero film ever made. That goes to Superman- The Movie, which really set a standard and created a bench mark" and blah blah blah. In fact, you go back and read those old TDK junkets and interviews and he's obviously somewhat weirded out by how big that movie got. I got the impression he might've preferred that it do $350 to $400 million for whatever reason.

Anyway...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 pm

What a ego he has on that thought.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next