Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions on possible receptions

4 posters

Go down

Predictions on possible receptions Empty Predictions on possible receptions

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:51 am

It was no secret that I was one of the majority of folks that are not supportive of having Spider-Man rebooted, some of the reasons for this is that it's barely even close to a decade since the last "Spider-Man" film and they're planning to base it off the Ultimate universe which not alot of people are a fan of (Myself included) but most of all it's obviously for profit since Sony see the "Spider-Man" film franchise nothing more than a money maker, a gold mine if you will!

However dispite all of this along with my resentment towards the film I willing to give it the benefit of the doubt aleast to see how the film turn out and if somehow it turns out well or better than the previous/first installment then I'll be more than willing to accept it as a accurate edition to the "Spider-Man" film series and most likely in favor it over the previous installments (As I did with the "Batman" film series). But if the film somehow ends up being the opposite then this will show that I had the right idea on not supporting the film from the get-go and give me the opportunity to say... I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Here are some predictions that I have if the film does turn out to be a bomb/flop... Chances are even if the film turn out to be a failure they are still going to be those who are still going to in favor it dispite whatever flaws the film may contain in which I'm refering to those who have been supporting the film before upon it's release and that includes those who have look down on the Raimi films (Just for the hell of it) and in turn support this film as an act to get on board the bandwagon as others will. Of course those kinds of people can be refer to as Apologist and I have a hunch that there could be a number of them coming along the way once this film gets release and gets bombed/floped, that if it does that is! As I already learned from my experience Apologist are only pretend fans who will accept anything that is display to them even if it's severely flawed and would make any excuse to back up their favorism.

And by then we'll probably have another Realist vs. Apologist war, kind of like "Superman Returns" all over again! Since the fan base has already been split from half to half although originally it was 25% of supporters and 75% of non-supporters there's no denying that another Realist & Apologist war is just around the clock!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Predictions on possible receptions Empty Re: Predictions on possible receptions

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:21 am

Man, Comic Book Dude! I know this ain't MS Word but good grief! Spell-check is your friend! I get what you're saying but it's like an obstacle course to read your posts! I make mistakes too but I do usually at least try to proofread. Even if I do so after the fact. Just a thought.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:54 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:It was no secret that I was one of the majority of folks that are not supportive of having Spider-Man rebooted, some of the reasons for this is that it's barely even close to a decade since the last "Spider-Man" film and they're planning to base it off the Ultimate universe which not alot of people are a fan of (Myself included) but most of all it's obviously for profit since Sony see the "Spider-Man" film franchise nothing more than a money maker, a gold mine of you will!
I'm not crazy about the notion of a reboot either. But the movie looks like it might turn out okay and, either way, I think the Raimi franchise is waaaaaaaaaaaay overrated. Good? Yes. Great? No way. Spider-Man 2 is the only film I would give an unqualified thumbs up for... but even then, it's based primarily on fucking character development as opposed to, y'know, superhero action sequences.

As to the other, the Ultimate universe is now a valid chapter of Spidey's history. Hell, I'd argue that it's got more credence and legitimacy going for it than the overwhelming majority of Spidey stuff published in the 1990's. Maybe I've just say through too many Superman reboots but a great big part of me wants to tell the Ultimate haters to have a nice, warm glass of shut the fuck up... esp since their mainstream continuity ain't going anywhere (hell, post-One More Day, it's going backwards!).

However dispite all of this along with my resentment towards the film I willing to give it the benefit of the doubt aleast to see how the film turn out and if somehow it turns out well or better than the previous/first installment then I'll be more than willing to except it as a accurate edition to the "Spider-Man" film series and most likely in favor it over the previous installments (As I did with the "Batman" film series). But if the film somehow ends up being the opposite then this will show that I had the right idea on not supporting the film from the gecko and give me the opportunity to say... I TOLD YOU SO!!!
You and the rest of the free fucking world. Any plaudits the reboot gets will be EARNED. To my understanding, the majority of the Spidey fanbase was, at best, lukewarm about a reboot and, at worst, openly hostile. Any movie that can survive that type of reception will obviously have SOMETHING going for it.

Which isn't saying the reboot will be awesome, only that if it's profitable, it'll have earned its bones in a way even the first Raimi film didn't have to do.

And by then we'll probably have another Realist vs. Apologist war, kind of like "Superman Returns" all over again! Since the fan base has already been split from half to half although originally it was 25% of supporters and 75% of non-supporters there's no denying that another Realist & Apologist war is just around the clock!
I think the main difference here is that I don't give a flying shit about Spider-Man's fanbase. They can tear each other apart all day long as far as I'm concerned. (A) NOBODY has had a rougher ride than Superman's fanbase these past six or seven years and (B) the reboot, no matter how bad it sucks, isn't likely to kill the Spider-Man brand. It may be put on ice for a few years to wash the bad taste out of everyones mouths but it ain't going away.

But even if it does, they can whine and angst about it... which gives them something in common with their favorite superhero.

See? Everybody wins!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:40 am

I stll think its far to early to predict how the film will turn out yet. When we only had a few select set photos, the 1 trailer released. Do i think a reboot was needed no, but i am not going to condemed the film yet to we have more details and footage to judge it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down