Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids

+4
non_amos
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
Comicbookfan-V2
8 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:55 pm

ya i can give it more leeway for aimation counting on how many money a show/animated film has, and to have more fluid animation. But come on singer didnt have money to cg it onto cape when he blew 10mill on that return to krypton scene and other stuff. but oh smallville which probably only had a couple thousand dollars could cg a cape and s shield on it for those few moments we saw the suit in the finale. I take that excuse as a total bull.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Don't forget, it wasn't just the Smallville finale. There was the episode in the 1st season I believe, I know the name but can't think of it, but where the old blind psychic lady in the rest home sees Clark's future & you see the cape flapping with the yellow 'S'. She also saw Lex's future & it was death & destruction all around with him as President.

Yeah, if SV could do it, why couldn't Singer?! Too busy with his *AHEM*, Australian 'bath-house' parties?! lol!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:13 pm

non_amos wrote:Don't forget, it wasn't just the Smallville finale. There was the episode in the 1st season I believe, I know the name but can't think of it, but where the old blind psychic lady in the rest home sees Clark's future & you see the cape flapping with the yellow 'S'. She also saw Lex's future & it was death & destruction all around with him as President.

Yeah, if SV could do it, why couldn't Singer?! Too busy with his *AHEM*, Australian 'bath-house' parties?! lol!
The SV thing was a third season episode, actually. Your point stands, you see, but for clarification's sake... Plus, that same shot was reused (but reversed) in Absolute Justice.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Rep me, bee-yotches!!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:15 am

I don't mean to correct anybody but that scene involving the cape was indeed from a "Smallville" episode but it really involves Clark meeting a teen that can read people's thoughts and see their futures just by making physical contact with them!

Just thought you should know!!!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:55 am

And as for the photo of Cavill on set while in the suit, I think the waist area shows that it's blue just like most of the suit which would mean that either the photo confirms that there's no trunks or we're getting a suit that actually has blue trunks instead of red for the first time!

Here's a closer inspection of the photo to see for yourself...

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 3 Trunks10

Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:34 am

Its hard to really know what there or not getting only a partial view. We need to see a full frontal look at it. Also there is chance if they want they can make edits to the suit in post. Heck we now know zod and likely any fellow evil kryptonian in the film and on earth are rocking mo_cap suits. So they will have digital attire would be that hard to make an edit to superman suit. They once filming shooting will have well over 11 months for post work.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:43 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Its hard to really know what there or not getting only a partial view. We need to see a full frontal look at it. Also there is chance if they want they can make edits to the suit in post. Heck we now know zod and likely any fellow evil kryptonian in the film and on earth are rocking mo_cap suits. So they will have digital attire would be that hard to make an edit to superman suit. They once filming shooting will have well over 11 months for post work.

Yeah, but couldn't they just let Cavill WEAR RED TRUNKS TO BEGIN WITH?! No need for any 'GL' enhancements. Just wear the trunks from Day One. Problem solved!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:And as for the photo of Cavill on set while in the suit, I think the waist area shows that it's blue just like most of the suit which would mean that either the photo confirms that there's no trunks or we're getting a suit that actually has blue trunks instead of red for the first time!

Here's a closer inspection of the photo to see for yourself...

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 3 Trunks10

Guess what it means if the trunks ARE blue, Mr. I Hate Superman?

They can be added back on in post, if there is a big enough outcry.

So we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out, won't we?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Guess what it means if the trunks ARE blue, Mr. I Hate Superman?

They can be added back on in post, if there is a big enough outcry.

So we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out, won't we?

Damned good point.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:27 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:

Damned good point.

I'm full of 'em.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Yep. I mean, blue trunks would tend to acknowledge that there needs to be something in the waist area to break up the monotony. It's just that simple.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:54 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Yep. I mean, blue trunks would tend to acknowledge that there needs to be something in the waist area to break up the monotony. It's just that simple.

Most definitely. There is NO good reason for them to be gone.

And hey, look at that! Your rep went up for some strange reason.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:50 pm

Well Supes do need some red below the waist, I mean he'll just look odd/weird without any not that he needs any trunks for it!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:03 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well Supes do need some red below the waist, I mean he'll just look odd/weird without any not that he needs any trunks for it!

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 3 Wrong

I would give a reason why you are wrong, but you just aren't intelligent enough to digest it and comprehend.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:12 am

I know this has been mentioned before to some extent even before the initial 1st pic of Cavill was released but I feel it's worth repeating. Due to the lawsuit from duh parasite heirs & the bottom-feeder scumbag Toberoff, it may be that WB has to 'lay low' for the moment. I mean, look at how this is affecting the comics! Now, I'd like to think that TPTB have enough common sense after Singerman to do this thing the right way. However, due to the parasites, it may be that they give Cavill a 'limited' suit for the moment, pending all the legal garbage. But let's say that this crap is finally thrown out 4-evahh. Maybe then they'd have every legal right to use the trunks & who knows, maybe DC will even bring them back! And like you said, they could add them back in if they have to. Maybe this is what this is all about? And if things don't go well for the character? Well, I guess we get 'no trunks' then.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:18 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I would give a reason why you are wrong, but you just aren't intelligent enough to digest it and comprehend.

Try me!!! I don't think there's any explanation with enough in-depth that I can't understand so feel free to do your hardest!

I'll give you my feedback afterwards!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:19 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Try me!!! I don't think there's any explanation with enough in-depth that I can't understand so feel free to do your hardest!

I'll give you my feedback afterwards!

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 3 129188820120149088
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:24 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well Supes do need some red below the waist, I mean he'll just look odd/weird without any not that he needs any trunks for it!
*sigh*

Okay, I can't believe I'm going to do this but here goes...

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 3 Superm11

Get the point? There are tons of alternative designs on that cover. But the only that really looks right and screams "Superman" is the classic, traditional version of The Suit. The alternatives may be interesting unto themselves, there's certainly no denying the inherent Superman iconography going in many of them and they all look like relatively standard superhero fare.

All well and good... BUT THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE SUPERMAN!

It's a simple formula when you come right down to it. Blue body suit, red boots, red trunks (with red belt loops), red cape, gold belt, oval belt buckle, yellow S-emblem on the cape. Each is simple by itself but crucial when combined together. If you remove/significantly alter any one of those design elements, you're left with a final product that JUST LOOKS OFF. It may look good for some other superhero but it's not what Superman is all about.

At the end of the day, what it comes down to is this: other superheroes have "costumes". Superman has The Suit. The Suit. Fucking capital "T" and capital "S". The Suit. Show some respect.

Does this help AT ALL??

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:25 am

non_amos wrote:I know this has been mentioned before to some extent even before the initial 1st pic of Cavill was released but I feel it's worth repeating. Due to the lawsuit from duh parasite heirs & the bottom-feeder scumbag Toberoff, it may be that WB has to 'lay low' for the moment. I mean, look at how this is affecting the comics! Now, I'd like to think that TPTB have enough common sense after Singerman to do this thing the right way. However, due to the parasites, it may be that they give Cavill a 'limited' suit for the moment, pending all the legal garbage. But let's say that this crap is finally thrown out 4-evahh. Maybe then they'd have every legal right to use the trunks & who knows, maybe DC will even bring them back! And like you said, they could add them back in if they have to. Maybe this is what this is all about? And if things don't go well for the character? Well, I guess we get 'no trunks' then.

The shake-down with the Heirs has zero ACTUAL effect on the films, but as far as RESIDUAL effect, who knows?

Keep in mind, they are two different things, and what happens in the comics usually has zero to do with the films. They can use any or all of Superman's origin/appearance if they choose to. But if they are trying to squeeze certain things out looking towards that bleak "future", then they can CHOOSE to let certain things go the way of the dodo. That decision is 100% up to the Bros. Warner, and has no real ties to the lawsuit.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:33 am

thecolorsblend wrote:It's a simple formula when you come right down to it. Blue body suit, red boots, red trunks (with red belt loops), red cape, gold belt, oval belt buckle, yellow S-emblem on the cape. Each is simple by itself but crucial when combined together. If you remove/significantly alter any one of those design elements, you're left with a final product that JUST LOOKS OFF. It may look good for some other superhero but it's not what Superman is all about.
To expand on this, there's no finer example of what I mean here than the Singerman bikini. Singer took the raw elements of The Suit and "tweaked" each of them. So while the individual components may have "seemed" correct, the whole was less than the sum of its parts (which is an interesting trick considering the inherent simplicity of The Suit). The reason for that was because each individual design element had been modified too far beyond the original, which could ONLY lead to a corruption of the whole. And I do mean "each". Even the colors of The Suit weren't safe, as evidenced by that brick/wine/maroon pleather monstrosity of a cape that more looked like a shower curtain or gifuckingantic Fruit Roll-Up or something.

It's a delicate balance (one Singer obviously never gave a fuck about). I point to the Singerman fetish wetsuit to illustrate that even if you only slightly modify the individual elements comprising The Suit, you're left with a fucking trainwreck of a costume design. It doesn't take much to get The Suit right... but that sword cuts both ways because it sure as hell doesn't take much to royally screw it up either.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:14 am

Would suck if the deal with heirs is mucking up on visual look/story elements here/comics. But like ap said. If the legal stuff is settled within months before release. Maybe we could see change in suit via post production edits. And then comics side phasing out what ever happens with the dcnu crap.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:43 pm

I really cannot buy into the theory that the lawsuit has anything to do with the costume design. If anything there would be no movie at all or instead of MOS we would be getting Captain Marvel….

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Rduce wrote:I really cannot buy into the theory that the lawsuit has anything to do with the costume design. If anything there would be no movie at all or instead of MOS we would be getting Captain Marvel….

I'll quote myself, so you can see what POSSIBLY could be happening:
Apologist Puncher wrote:The shake-down with the Heirs has zero ACTUAL effect on the films, but as far as RESIDUAL effect, who knows?

Keep in mind, they are two different things, and what happens in the comics usually has zero to do with the films. They can use any or all of Superman's origin/appearance if they choose to. But if they are trying to squeeze certain things out looking towards that bleak "future", then they can CHOOSE to let certain things go the way of the dodo. That decision is 100% up to the Bros. Warner, and has no real ties to the lawsuit.

And a Captain Marvel movie wouldn't be a blockbuster like the Bros. Warner needs. They just don't hire the right people with the right vision for their characters.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Well, in slightly less than two years MOS needs to be a BLOCKBUSTER or I fear will be the demise of our hero for live action film. So it behooves them to please the fanbase and GET IT RIGHT!

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next