Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids

+4
non_amos
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
Comicbookfan-V2
8 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 9 Empty Re: 'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:23 pm

non_amos wrote:You raise an interesting point. As much as I like STM, what's the deal with the desert?! For that matter, what's the deal with multiple superhero films wanting to take place in the desert?! Look at Ang Lee's Hulk. Desert! But to be fair there though, there is some precedent for that in the comics. I know because I'm a long-time Hulk fan.

Well, two films a trend does not make.....

You forgot 'Iron Man' and 'Thor'.

Nevertheless there does seem to be some unusual attraction for the desert in these films. What's up with that? Is it cheaper to film or something? They don't have to build props? What?! Question

If it fits into the story and is cheaper in the long run, they are going to film in the desert.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:30 am

Nice photo there. Funny thing though article I saw it on from mos fb page just a little while ago was quoting stuff that was already debbunked as false. Silly yahoos not checking the facts. But I can't wait to see what this scene will entil.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:19 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=55769

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 9 MOS-4

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:56 am

Caught that image earlier, during break from work. I wonder if its zod with faoroa in the photos.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Short and not much happens, but it's SOMETHING:

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:39 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Short and not much happens, but it's SOMETHING:

I sure am glad that WB is beginning the hype machine for this movie now.

Oh wait...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:36 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Short and not much happens, but it's SOMETHING:

I sure am glad that WB is beginning the hype machine for this movie now.

Oh wait...

Just flooding us with material, ain't they?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:06 am

You know what? Cavill's 'package' is showing in that short clip, even from a distance. Would be a good reason to bring back the trunks, right WB?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:17 pm

non_amos wrote:You know what? Cavill's 'package' is showing in that short clip, even from a distance. Would be a good reason to bring back the trunks, right WB?

Don't hold your breath.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:18 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:You know what? Cavill's 'package' is showing in that short clip, even from a distance. Would be a good reason to bring back the trunks, right WB?

Don't hold your breath.
Hey, there's always hope for the sequel (if there is one). I'd like to think that sooner or later, calmer heads will prevail and Snyder will understand why the trunks have endured all these DECADES.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:39 am

I would hope something like that to happen myself colors. Hell if the rights stuff is settled next yr once shuster heirs are into the mix. By the time a sequel would happen around 2015 we have to have something over with the copyright stuff.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:20 pm

More not much.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:36 pm

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=382039&page=2

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 9 Scapegif
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=382039&page=2

'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 9 Scapegif
Really? This is how far things have gone? We're reduced to capping three frames from a shaky cell phone video because WB is doing jackshit to promote a movie upon which rest an entire franchise and, I would guess, at least a few careers? Does that make sense to anybody??? Suspect
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:56 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Really? This is how far things have gone? We're reduced to capping three frames from a shaky cell phone video because WB is doing jackshit to promote a movie upon which rest an entire franchise and, I would guess, at least a few careers? Does that make sense to anybody??? Suspect

They are going to use 'The Avengers' as an excuse not to put anything out right now. Don't want it to get "Lost In The Hype".

And then the same with "Amazing Spider-Man', even though Sony is going to have a Singerman of their own there, I think. People just AREN'T excited for that film.

Finally, we'll get a teaser with 'Rises', but nothing much else.

So maybe it's time to bring the tumbleweeds back, 'cuz it's going to be a loooooong, dry four months...........
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:51 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Really? This is how far things have gone? We're reduced to capping three frames from a shaky cell phone video because WB is doing jackshit to promote a movie upon which rest an entire franchise and, I would guess, at least a few careers? Does that make sense to anybody??? Suspect

They are going to use 'The Avengers' as an excuse not to put anything out right now. Don't want it to get "Lost In The Hype".
Well, um, the difference there is that Avengers is coasting off the ridiculous amount of good will from Iron Man, TIH, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America. Avengers is Marvel's baby, they know it, and they're going to protect this thing LAMF.

Guess what? SUPERMAN IS NOT IN THAT POSITION. MOS has to overcome the stench of Singerman and perhaps some level of SV devotion among civilians. Among the core fans, it has to unite them in ways that SV didn't, Singerman couldn't and the comics don't seem interested in doing. In general, it has to prove that Superman is a badass action hero just as entertaining as the dark superhero bullshit we've had to contend with these past several years.

If we were talking about a Superman film worth half a fuck coming out back in 2004 or 2005, I might not feel that way. The right type of Superman film coming out back then just might've been able to create it's own self-sustaining anticipation just by virtue of existing. MOS, thanks to Fuckwad Singer, is going to have prove itself again and again and again. It's makes no sense, none whatsoever, to handicap this son of a buck by minimizing awareness of the product in the market.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:11 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:And then the same with "Amazing Spider-Man', even though Sony is going to have a Singerman of their own there, I think. People just AREN'T excited for that film.
Not sure if I agree with this but I, for one, just don't give a shit about this movie. I already know I'll get dragged to see it but (A) I'm kinda sick of Spider-Man to be perfectly honest (B) unnecessary reboot, blah blah blah (C) stupid costume, blah blah blah and (D) Garfield just isn't doing it for me so far. I don't care too much either way about that chick from Zombieland as Gwen but Garfield... I dunno. I'm just not feeling it. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the definitive Peter Park/Spider-Man is yet to be cast. Maguire and Garfield both just seem to be lacking something.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:43 pm

thecolorsblend wrote: Does that make sense to anybody??? Suspect

It does to me. The movie is still about 14 months away. What movie starts the marketing that early? Usually with these types of films it slowly starts about a year before with teaser trailers and such. It is true though that most of these movies also do that while still filming. But the problem with MOS is, that it's been pushed back 6 months but the filming itself retained its original schedule. So it seems like a long time with nothing on the promotional part but it makes perfect sense. It is STILL too early. Even if they start the marketing campaign in late July after TDKR opens, that will still leave a full 10 months or so to promote the movie. More than enough. And yes, anything they would do now would probably get lost in the hype. And WB will be too busy promoting TDKR in the following months.

Having said all that, I still don't trust WB's marketing people and I really hope they don't try to play the tease card for too long. And it was stupid to open that FB page and having it empty for what's been almost a month already. They got like 20k likes in a day and then not even 3k in over 3 weeks. Says it all. Why open the damn FB page for the movie if it will sit empty? Sigh...I really hope we get something in May.
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Not sure if I agree with this but I, for one, just don't give a shit about this movie.

Trust me, lot more "What the fuck's?" than "Fuckin' awesome!!"'s across the interwebs.

I already know I'll get dragged to see it but (A) I'm kinda sick of Spider-Man to be perfectly honest (B) unnecessary reboot, blah blah blah (C) stupid costume, blah blah blah and (D) Garfield just isn't doing it for me so far. I don't care too much either way about that chick from Zombieland as Gwen but Garfield... I dunno. I'm just not feeling it.

I'm sure I'll see it. I'm just not looking forward to it.

Heck, I'm more jazzed for 'Expendables 2' than I am ASM.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the definitive Peter Park/Spider-Man is yet to be cast. Maguire and Garfield both just seem to be lacking something.

I agree.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Superman wrote:It does to me. The movie is still about 14 months away. What movie starts the marketing that early?

Right off the bat, I say 'Despicable Me 2'. Comes out July, 2013.

Teaser trailer released March 1st, 2012. 15+ months prior to release date. Oh, and this too:
'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 9 Despicable-me-2-poster_400x451

Or how about 'The Hobbit'?

Comes out December, 2012. Official film pictures released in August, 2011. Teaser trailer in December, 2011. Official poster released same day:
'Man Of Steel' Set Pics/Vids - Page 9 Scaled.php?server=11&filename=hobbitposterw

And 'Man of Steel' comes out in 13 months. They should be showing SOMETHING.

Usually with these types of films it slowly starts about a year before with teaser trailers and such. It is true though that most of these movies also do that while still filming. But the problem with MOS is, that it's been pushed back 6 months but the filming itself retained its original schedule. So it seems like a long time with nothing on the promotional part but it makes perfect sense. It is STILL too early. Even if they start the marketing campaign in late July after TDKR opens, that will still leave a full 10 months or so to promote the movie. More than enough. And yes, anything they would do now would probably get lost in the hype. And WB will be too busy promoting TDKR in the following months.

Rises comes out 11 months prior to MOS. So even THEN, they'll be behind schedule.

Having said all that, I still don't trust WB's marketing people and I really hope they don't try to play the tease card for too long. And it was stupid to open that FB page and having it empty for what's been almost a month already. They got like 20k likes in a day and then not even 3k in over 3 weeks. Says it all. Why open the damn FB page for the movie if it will sit empty? Sigh...I really hope we get something in May.

The stupidest thing ever. Start up a FaceBook page, stick a logo on there, then let it rot for WEEKS.

Or longer....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Yep, they sure did keep that PR railroad rollin', didn't they?

Rolling Eyes
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Yep, they sure did keep that PR railroad rollin', didn't they?

Rolling Eyes
It's starting to go from "strange" to "are they doing this purpose?" I mean, are they TRYING to keep the public in the dark that a new Superman is on the way? Because, hey, if they are? My hat is off. Mission accomplished.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 04, 2012 8:02 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:It's starting to go from "strange" to "are they doing this purpose?" I mean, are they TRYING to keep the public in the dark that a new Superman is on the way? Because, hey, if they are? My hat is off. Mission accomplished.

What's funny is, they have had the PERFECT opportunity to inform the general public that this AIN'T another Singerman trainwreck, and is it's own "animal". I mean, a year and a half? Plenty of time. Instead, it looks like they are going to wait until it's less than a year, and HOPE people pay attention enough to realize it's something new.

And that has clusterfuck written all over it,
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 05, 2012 6:26 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:What's funny is, they have had the PERFECT opportunity to inform the general public that this AIN'T another Singerman trainwreck, and is it's own "animal". I mean, a year and a half? Plenty of time. Instead, it looks like they are going to wait until it's less than a year, and HOPE people pay attention enough to realize it's something new.

Yep. I contend that the general public forgot about Singerman the weekend after it opened. But even when it opened, it was news to most people that a new Superman movie was even out in theaters. But for those who do remember and have bad memories of Singerman (of which there must be at least a few out there), selling the concept of a reboot is (A) totally doable and (B) absolutely essential.
I just don't get it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat May 05, 2012 11:52 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:What's funny is, they have had the PERFECT opportunity to inform the general public that this AIN'T another Singerman trainwreck, and is it's own "animal". I mean, a year and a half? Plenty of time. Instead, it looks like they are going to wait until it's less than a year, and HOPE people pay attention enough to realize it's something new.

Yep. I contend that the general public forgot about Singerman the weekend after it opened. But even when it opened, it was news to most people that a new Superman movie was even out in theaters. But for those who do remember and have bad memories of Singerman (of which there must be at least a few out there), selling the concept of a reboot is (A) totally doable and (B) absolutely essential.
I just don't get it.

Here's what gets me. To begin with, we got a few announcements that got us realists excited. Then? Nothing. Then when it seemed like giving up, we got a slew of images of the film being shot, etc. Then? Nothing. Now recently we got the 'S' shield & an obscure image (from a distance) of Cavill from the back in a cape. Then? Nothing! AGAIN!

It seems like the production team is divided or something. On one hand they want to give us something. OTOH they want to be extremely secretive, which reeks of Nolan's involvement if you ask me. He is the producer after all. But they'd better start doing something unless they want the film to perform like THE INCREDIBLE HULK. No, I'm not bashing that film but just pointing out the obvious like we've discussed before. We obviously had a new Hulk but apparently the general public didn't get the memo. Shades of Ang Lee still lingered. And I do feel like Marvel could've done a better job of promoting it properly so that the public would've known the difference. I mean, look at how promoting THE AVENGERS is paying off! So the point here is, WB needs to differentiate THE MAN OF STEEL from Singerman. Immediately. Lest it suffer the same fate?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next