Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben Affleck To Direct 'The Stand'?

4 posters

Go down

Ben Affleck To Direct 'The Stand'? Empty Ben Affleck To Direct 'The Stand'?

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:53 pm

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51690

Ben Affleck Directs THE STAND?

Nordling here.

If this is true, I think it's a terrific choice. Ben Affleck looks to be Warner Brothers' choice to bring the Stephen King adaptation of THE STAND to the screen. What this means for David Yates and Steve Kloves is unclear, as they were at one point going to do the film (or series of films). I like Yates as a director but Affleck has proven that he can work with an ensemble as well, and direct riveting thillers and action sequences. This is a tough choice between the two as far as directors go, but I think Affleck has a better affinity with actors, judging from the films he's made so far.

I wonder if this opens up different ideas for casting as well, or if Affleck would bring in actors that he's worked with before. Jon Hamm would make a very interesting Randall Flagg, or Jeremy Renner a good Stu Redman. Or perhaps Affleck himself would play one of the roles. I think the jury's in at this point about Affleck, as a writer, director, and actor - he has the goods to bring this sprawling epic to the screen. It all comes down to the casting and the script, but Ben Affleck, for now, looks to be the man who will bring The Walking Dude to the screen.

Nordling, out.

Love the book, don't think it can fit into just ONE movie.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Ben Affleck To Direct 'The Stand'? Empty Re: Ben Affleck To Direct 'The Stand'?

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Nice find there ap. Ben has been doing very well as his career as director is. Cant wait to see what he does with the stand.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:27 am

Sorta have to agree with the AICN guy as far as Affleck The Director goes. He's got good instincts there. I'd watch a Stand directed by him.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:40 am

I believe they decided to film it as 3 films all together like LORD OF THE RINGS. I don't have a link handy but I remember reading it at www.shocktillyoudrop.com & it seems like that's what they decided on. Stephen King himself said it couldn't be done in one film. If it were to be, they'd have to leave a lot out! You could possibly make a 2-hour film with the basic plot but then you'd have to butcher all the character development, dialogue, etc. The original is great but I'd pay to see a big-screen treatment, done right of course. But if each film were released every 6 months to 1 year, would Joe Public be willing to support it like he did with Rings?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down