Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Beware The Batman' CGI Animated Series

4 posters

Go down

'Beware The Batman' CGI Animated Series Empty 'Beware The Batman' CGI Animated Series

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:30 pm

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=47551

The next Batman animated series, debuting in 2013, is titled Beware the Batman. According to Register, the CGI animated series will spotlight a classic-looking Batman teaming up with a gun-toting Alfred Pennyworth and a female ninja sidekick. Beware the Batman is executive-produced by Glen Murakami, and will also explore the mythology’s more obscure villains, such as Professor Pyg, but will also feature mainstays such as The Joker and The Penguin. In the series, Batman will team up with a younger female sidekick named Katana. During the keynote, Register added that Katana will fill the sidekick role, but won't be a replacement for Robin.

*GROAN*

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SuperHeroTooniverse/news/?a=47557

'Beware The Batman' CGI Animated Series 35489L

Why do they have anvil's for heads??

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'Beware The Batman' CGI Animated Series Empty Re: 'Beware The Batman' CGI Animated Series

Post  webhead2006 Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:58 pm

This sounds as funky as brave and the bold was when it was first announced. I will probably check out first episode. But if it doesnt hold me i will probably pass it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

'Beware The Batman' CGI Animated Series Empty Re: 'Beware The Batman' CGI Animated Series

Post  Rduce Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:35 pm

Of course it has to lean toward the Anime style, I WILL pass…

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:18 am

Rduce wrote:Of course it has to lean toward the Anime style, I WILL pass…
I'm sick of that shit too. Don't get me wrong, there was a time when I thought any Japanese media or anything influenced by the same was cool by default but then I turned 14.

But frankly, I'm more annoyed by the CG animation than I am the anime thing. Cuz, y'know, we don't have enough LSD-inspired CG animation out there already, no no!

That said... honestly, BTAS set one hell of a standard. It seems obvious that subsequent animated shows don't want to directly compete with it, not even all these years later.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:51 pm

A short teaser for beware the batman:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:41 pm

Putting aside the ugh CGI animation, not too bad. The voice is okay too. Still probably won't watch it but hey...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:16 pm

So Batman gets his, what, 4th series since Superman's last?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:29 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:So Batman gets his, what, 4th series since Superman's last?
"But, but, but Superman is IMPOSSIBLE to write, waaaaaaaah, he's not 'complicated' enough, waaaaaaaaaaah, he's not dark enough, waaaaaaaaah!"

Hollywood douchebags, I swear, they'll be the death of me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:50 am

thecolorsblend wrote:"But, but, but Superman is IMPOSSIBLE to write, waaaaaaaah, he's not 'complicated' enough, waaaaaaaaaaah, he's not dark enough, waaaaaaaaah!"

Hollywood douchebags, I swear, they'll be the death of me.

I guess if they said "Ok, we'll make a new Superman cartoon, but it HAS to be the same block-y CGI animation as 'Green Lantern' and THIS abortion!", I would have to think twice....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:56 am

Yeah, there's that too. This type of animation looks cheap. Each episode could cost half a million to animate for all I know but it LOOKS cheap and banged out over a weekend. Blocky, too "shiny" and "reflective" without any decent texture and so on.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:05 am

No "weight" to the characters movement, just looks fake.

Don't like it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:26 pm

Ya I rather have detailed good 2d animation, or highly detailed cg workk. But perferably 2d.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:11 pm

Beware the batman voice cast revealed:
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2012/07/14/anthony-ruivivar-voicing-batman-in-beware-the-batman-other-roles-revealed/
According to the World's Finest blog, Anthony Ruivivar will provide the voice of Batman, the main character of Warner Bros. Animation's upcoming CGI-based animated series, Beware the Batman. The actor is perhaps best known for his role in the TV series Third Watch, although he also has had supporting roles in movies such as Tropic Thunder and The Adjustment Bureau. Also included in the cast are Sumalee Montano (Transformers: Prime) as Batman's new crime-fighting sidekick, Katana, and J. B. Blanc (The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Marvel Anime series) as Batman's gun-wielding butler, Alfred. The three will join Kurtwood Smith (RoboCop, Green Lantern: First Flight), who has previously been confirmed as providing the voice of Lt. James Gordon.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:32 pm

Katana. I'm still trying to get my arms around the idea of this idiotic character. Her name is Katana. Gee, I wonder what her weapon of choice is going to be. But this is a cartoon for kids so somehow I doubt she'll use her sword to, y'know, cut anybody. And given how lethal swords are, you instantly have to wonder why Batman would want to associate with someone who would use that kind of thing to kill someone anyway. So that means we'll probably see a lot of shit where Katana cuts everything but human flesh, just like the old Ninja Turtle cartoons where Leonardo used his swords for similar idiotic purposes. Why the fuck give characters those types of weapons if they're not allowed to use them?

Obviously the character is intended to be an entry point for little girls. Whatever. But they couldn't bring Batgirl onto the show? Spoiler/Stephanie Brown? Or even bend continuity a little bit and use the Carrie Kelly Robin?

Apart from how cheap the preview Puncher posted looks, apart from how weird the designs look, retarded stuff like the above really grates me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:13 pm

That 'Green Lantern' cartoon holds ZERO interest for me.

Deja Vu all over again.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Deja Vu all over again.
Didn't you just say that? Smile
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:36 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Deja Vu all over again.
Didn't you just say that? Smile

I think I just said that.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:24 pm

Beware the batman getting altered:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=64663
Warner Bros. tones down 'Batman' TV toon Aurora tragedy prompts changes to cable series

By ANDREW WALLENSTEIN

Heightened sensitivity over violent imagery at Warner Bros. in the wake of the tragic shooting in Aurora, Colo., is extending to another iteration of the "Batman" franchise.

Multiple sources divulged that Warner Bros. Animation ordered a review earlier this week of "Beware the Batman," an animated series the unit is producing for Cartoon Network.

A Warner Bros. spokesman declined comment.

Producers of the series were asked by WB Animation executive VP Sam Register to scrutinize depictions of weapons on the program, which isn't expected to debut on the cable network until next year.

An unspecified number of alterations were made to some designs and situations on the series to minimize the amount of weapon imagery deemed too realistic.

The review process, which isn't expected to be cheap, will be as detailed as changing the shape of gun barrels from round to square for the purpose of rendering the weapons in a more stylized manner reminiscent of sci-fi fare.

Like WB Animation and its production partner on "Beware," DC Entertainment, Cartoon is also owned by Time Warner. The network first announced the series as part of its slate at its March upfront presentation.

Sources added that Register, who is listed as executive producer of the series, did not make the changes at the behest of higher ranking execs at the conglom, but did so proactively on his own.

Warner Bros. has been treading carefully in the days since "The Dark Night Rises" provided unfortunate backdrop to the shooting in Aurora, which claimed 12 lives and injured dozens of others.

WB postponed the release of another of its films, "Gangster Squad," for reshoots in light of a scene depicting a shooting at a movie theater.

Utilizing cutting-edge CGI, "Beware" was intended to offer Batman fans an animated version of the franchise in keeping with the more serious tone of "Dark Knight." The series will bypass some of the more well-known villains depicted in the films for more obscure arch enemies derived from the comics like Anarky, Professor Pig and Mister Toad.

Because the series was produced for Cartoon Network -- whose target would be boys and teens --the content guidelines would already be considerably less graphic than the live-action films.

Further cashing in on the Batman brand, WB will also release an animated feature in the fall adapted from the Frank Miller graphic novel "The Dark Knight Returns." Those films tend to be more adult in tone and traditionally carry a PG-13 rating.

Contact Andrew Wallenstein at andrew.wallenstein@variety.com
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down