Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Lex Luthor or Jimmy Olsen???

+2
thecolorsblend
Comicbookfan-V2
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

No Lex Luthor or Jimmy Olsen??? Empty No Lex Luthor or Jimmy Olsen???

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:53 pm

I take it that now that they already started filming no more casting calls are being announced which means that we're not going to see Lex Luthor or Jimmy Olsen in the film let alone any actors being offered to be casted to play them anytime soon! I'm aware that people will be telling me that they'll must likely appear in future sequels but I don't see why they couldn't just have them appear as cameos aleast they don't have to be given big roles just minor ones until the film series expands alittle bit since those two have been in almost every "Superman" related interpretation as well as the other supporting characters that will show up in the film. The same can be said about Lana Lang or even Pete Rose since these are characters that have been in Clark's life during his younger years in Smallville before moving to Metropolis aleast according to the comics.

What do you guys think?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

No Lex Luthor or Jimmy Olsen??? Empty Re: No Lex Luthor or Jimmy Olsen???

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Since you ask, I'd rather they put the characters into the movie they need rather than force a bunch of people in there who don't really belong.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:05 pm

To be perfectly honest, I do not care if I never see another incarnation of Lex or Jimmy on film.

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:18 am

I didn't know Pete Rose had ever been in a Superman film or other media? Wink

No Lex Luthor or Jimmy Olsen??? Pete-r10
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:22 am

Lex probably isn't going to be phsyically scene. Doesn't mean lexcorp can't appear in an exterior shot and dp articles about lex/lexcorp wont be in film. Or folks mentining lex. Maybe the military will be using lexcrop tech in the film. As for jimmy. My feeling is they hired some unknown actor and that is why we haven't heard anything on the character. And either he was apart of the chicago shoot or is only in the vancouver shoot start later this months.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:33 pm

If they don't fit the story trying to be told, then they don't need to be in the film.

Period.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:33 am

Did any one see this story:
http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/movie-news/2011/9/22/michael-cerveris-rumored-to-be-up-for-lex-luthor.html

I still wouldn't mind seeing lex. But if he soesnt show up physically in this film. I do want the character and/or lexcorp mentioned throughout the film. To buold upblex a bit. So then when we see him in the flesh we got some details on him. As for this guy I only seen a little of his work. But I would want someone with more umph for role.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:10 am

I just took a look at that. Yeah, I've seen that guy on several episodes of FRINGE. He's one of the 'Watchers' which is like a superior race of beings that can seemingly traverse time, space, & even dimensions & also seem to have knowledge when things ain't going like they're supposed to be going down. I think his acting is fairly decent. His character is kinda 'cold' feeling but not in a bad way. Think Mr. Spock, i.e., logical, little or no emotion.

Whether the Luthor rumor is true though is another thing. I know a lot of fans don't want Luthor anymore but by the same token, he's kinda like part of the 'supporting cast'. If by some chance Luthor is in THE MAN OF STEEL, puh-leeeaaazzzee Snyder, don't re-create SUPERMAN 2. What do I mean? "Lex Luthor, ruler of Australia, activate the mechanism!"
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:44 am

Ya I too am happy to have a break from lex. But he should appear in the series. And like I said if we don't see him physically here. Build up the character from dp headlines, military talking of him. Perry/lois saying he is a hard nut to crack and stuff like that. So we build him up and once we physically see him we already have a starting points for character interactions to play off.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:54 am

non_amos wrote:I just took a look at that. Yeah, I've seen that guy on several episodes of FRINGE. He's one of the 'Watchers' which is like a superior race of beings that can seemingly traverse time, space, & even dimensions & also seem to have knowledge when things ain't going like they're supposed to be going down. I think his acting is fairly decent. His character is kinda 'cold' feeling but not in a bad way. Think Mr. Spock, i.e., logical, little or no emotion.

Whether the Luthor rumor is true though is another thing. I know a lot of fans don't want Luthor anymore but by the same token, he's kinda like part of the 'supporting cast'. If by some chance Luthor is in THE MAN OF STEEL, puh-leeeaaazzzee Snyder, don't re-create SUPERMAN 2. What do I mean? "Lex Luthor, ruler of Australia, activate the mechanism!"
That's not a bad way to think about it actually. Lex could be considered a supporting character. A villainous, antagonistic supporting character but a supporter nonetheless. Hm, interesting...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:13 pm

If he shows up at the end of the film, I'd be perfectly fine with that. He just doesn't need much screen-time at all, at least in THIS film.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:05 am

I agree with AP, Lex has had his 15 minutes of fame. There are many other avenues to explore. The list of Superman’s enemies is long and diverse, we do not need to continually rehash those that have come before and yes I realize this is a reboot.

The problem with reboots are akin to testimony in a trail that the jury has been told to disregard. The films are out there and are hard to ignore…

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Totally is lex a important character yes, is he needed for first film in a new series no. I am happy as long as we get a few mentions, and we get away from the donner criminal master mind take on lex. I really want to see the cold, ruthless businessman lex. With his hands in every little dirty thing going on. Then lead into political aspirations, and his rise/fall from power.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:39 pm

A new Lex rumor:
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/superman-man-steel-2013-rumor-bradley-cooper-lex-luthor
Superman: The Man of Steel (2013): Rumor: Bradley Cooper Is Lex LuthorCBN :: News :: Movie News
Share17
Posted by: Matt McGloin, Editor/Publisher
January 03, 2012 11:50

BRADLEY COOPER
"LIMITLESS"
We've been sent a tip on the new Superman movie, the Man of Steel.

Obviously we have no way to verify, so bear that in mind.

We were told after Paradise Lost bottomed out, that Bradley Cooper will appear as Lex Luthor in a cameo role in the Man of Steel.

Back in April of 2011, we were provided information that the first draft of the script held a prominent role for Luthor, one that even saw Lex forcing the Kryptonians through a Phantom Zone portal using Kryptonite in the final battle. At the end of the movie, Lex considers forcing Superman through as well, but relents.

Obviously, with all the set images released there has been no sign of Superman's archenemy. As director Zack Snyder has gone on record stating he wants the movie to go in a different direction than the previous movies, this comes as to no surprise.

However, can there really be a Superman without Lex Luthor?

Gene Hackman portrayed Luthor in the Richard Donner classics, which even saw appearances by the first Lex from the '50s, Lyle Talbot. Next, John Shea would take up the iconic role in ABC's Lois & Clark TV series. From there, we would see probably the best representation of Lex Luthor by Michael Rosenbaum in Smallville. Of course, Superman Returns featured Kevin Spacey, a role more of a homage to Hackman's.

Now we might see Bradley Cooper next in line. Cooper is the star of The Hangover movies as well as the recent sci-fi hit, Limitless. Cooper also played Face in the rebooted A-Team, and People magazine named Cooper 2011's "Sexiest Man Alive." Cooper's name even came up to play Green Lantern as well as The Flash.

Does Cooper have what it takes to play opposite Superman? And will Cooper join the ranks of the aforementioned in shaving his head?

Stay tuned to Cosmic Book News as more on the Man Of Steel develops.

Man Of Steel flies into theaters June 14th, 2013 directed by Zack Snyder starring, Henry Cavill as the Man of Steel, Diane Lane as Martha "Ma" Kent, Kevin Costner as Jonathan "Pa" Kent, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Michael Shannon as Zod, and Russel Crowe as Jor-El.

Be sure to check out the Cosmic Book News Superman Movie Hub for even more news and information.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Hm. Bradley Cooper wouldn't have occurred to me but that's a kind of interesting look for Lex. I'd give him a day in court.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:44 pm

I agree not someone I would pick at first. But could be an interesting choice/option. If he was to be in the film. But cosmicbookmovie site is if i recall pretty unreliable like cbm is at times.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:23 pm

If this happens, and I'm not too sure it will, Bradley Cooper is a perfectly fine choice to cameo as Lex.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:54 am

So I guess this means we'll have Lex in MOS after all! Even though it's for a short scene but aleast we'll be given the impression that he'll be showing up in future sequels. Now all we need is mentions of Lexcorp and a shot of the Lexcorp tower and we're all set!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:57 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:If this happens, and I'm not too sure it will, Bradley Cooper is a perfectly fine choice to cameo as Lex.
Just checked out his wiki page. Guess I didn't make the connection between him, Will Tippin from Alias and Face. But there it is. I'd like to see what he can do with the role, esp interacting with Zod.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:57 am

Lex Luthor, ruler of Australia, activate the mechanism!

No? Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:20 am

non_amos wrote:Lex Luthor, ruler of Australia, activate the mechanism!

No? Smile
I'd kinda prefer that Snyder take the character in a more Grant Morrisonish direction than that. Mind you, Grant Morrison may be the only guy who can really do that. So hmm.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:29 am

What about the so-called 'spoilers' in that article? You think there's anything to that? Lex forcing Zod & company back through the Phantom Zone with Kryptonite but sparing Superman? Possibility or just more fanboy wanking? However, given how the military is involved heavily in this film, it'd be something if they take the stance of how Michael Rosenbaum portrayed Lex on Smallville, i.e., he's against an alien invasion & doing what he can himself to thwart it. Doesn't sound half bad but would just like a confirmation somewhere. At least it'd beat 'Otis' to smithereens!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:29 am

non_amos wrote:What about the so-called 'spoilers' in that article? You think there's anything to that? Lex forcing Zod & company back through the Phantom Zone with Kryptonite but sparing Superman? Possibility or just more fanboy wanking? However, given how the military is involved heavily in this film, it'd be something if they take the stance of how Michael Rosenbaum portrayed Lex on Smallville, i.e., he's against an alien invasion & doing what he can himself to thwart it. Doesn't sound half bad but would just like a confirmation somewhere. At least it'd beat 'Otis' to smithereens!
It's funny, nowadays the Internet isn't too reliable for movie scoops and whatnot. Or if it is, I'm just not looking at the sites where all the spoilers get leaked out. Seems that Hollywood is starting to keep more stuff under wraps. Not everything but a lot of stuff. Ten years ago, I'm convinced the entire MOS script would've leaked by now. But these days? When was the last time something like that happened? Anyway. All that to say no, I don't put much stock in that "spoiler" report.

But IF it played out that way... hey, context is everything. If Lex had no real reason for sparing Superman, no, I don't think I'd be hip to it. But if he knows Superman is really Clark, he remembers their friendship from Smallville and some sliver of him is moved by the memory of that and that's why he spared Superman... hey, that could be pretty cool. So I guess it just depends...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:54 pm

If they are making lex corp take or any take on the character(preferably corp take i like the most). I for one dont see why even if we dont see him. He and/or lexcorp getting mentioned throughout the film. Like a exterior shot of metropolis shows a lexcorp buidling, to military/daily planet folks talking about lex and his company. All ways to mention the character, build up a little backstory/side story about him. So they have easy plot points to take off from in sequel where lex is likely to have a bigger role in. Then possibly toss in a little cameo at the end of the film. Like for example maybe the military get ahold of clark's ship or faoroa/zod ship if they have one. Then some military guy ie meloni character meets lex to see him he can reverse engineer tech. So we get like a 1min on screen show up of lex or something. That i dont see being to out there of a way to tease lex.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:00 pm

non_amos wrote:What about the so-called 'spoilers' in that article? You think there's anything to that? Lex forcing Zod & company back through the Phantom Zone with Kryptonite but sparing Superman? Possibility or just more fanboy wanking? However, given how the military is involved heavily in this film, it'd be something if they take the stance of how Michael Rosenbaum portrayed Lex on Smallville, i.e., he's against an alien invasion & doing what he can himself to thwart it. Doesn't sound half bad but would just like a confirmation somewhere. At least it'd beat 'Otis' to smithereens!

Old rumor that more than likely isn't true.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next