Boardwalk Empire

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boardwalk Empire

Post  thecolorsblend on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Given this show's badassitude, it needs to have a thread for itself.

thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Re: Boardwalk Empire

Post  Apologist Puncher on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Can't wait for Season 2.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

User Reputation : 548

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Can't wait for Season 2.
It starts up, what, this month? Or October? I'm guessing Michael Shannon won't be in it much at first but, given his reasons, I'm cool with that.

Oh yeah, and I moved this to Misc. Movies & TV Series... where it would've gone originally if I wasn't such a shit head.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:00 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
It starts up, what, this month? Or October? I'm guessing Michael Shannon won't be in it much at first but, given his reasons, I'm cool with that.

Oh yeah, and I moved this to Misc. Movies & TV Series... where it would've gone originally if I wasn't such a shit head.

September 25th, 9pm.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Can't. Freakin. Wait.

You understand what I'm saying? Good as the first season was, this looks to be even better. Good to see Richard won't be forgotten about either.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:07 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Can't. Freakin. Wait.

You understand what I'm saying? Good as the first season was, this looks to be even better. Good to see Richard won't be forgotten about either.

How about showing a little "+"?

And hell yes, it's going to be a winner.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Haven't seen the show yet myself. I need to check netflix streaming or hulu to see if either has it.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:36 am

Finally caught the season 2 premiere. Badass! Seriously dug it. Awesome sauce!

It's nitpicky but I enjoyed Meyer Lansky in season 1 and hope he comes back this season. I like that actor, his voice, his dialogue, all of it.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:09 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Finally caught the season 2 premiere. Badass! Seriously dug it. Awesome sauce!

It's a very good show, and I pity ANYONE who isn't watching it.

It's nitpicky but I enjoyed Meyer Lansky in season 1 and hope he comes back this season. I like that actor, his voice, his dialogue, all of it.

Episode 2.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:33 am

thecolorsblend wrote:It's nitpicky but I enjoyed Meyer Lansky in season 1 and hope he comes back this season. I like that actor, his voice, his dialogue, all of it.
Apologist Puncher wrote:Episode 2.
Just watched it. The awesome pretty much leaks off every scene.

Wasn't sure I'd enjoy this new subplot with Nucky. But let's face it, there's a lot of juice in playing him as the underdog for once. Ditto Chalky. The scene in the jail where he loses (and then regains) his book... yeah. Awesome. Good dialogue, good writing, good acting, all of it.

As far as Lansky goes... yeah, this episode was a real winner.

Best episode of this series up to now, if you ask me.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:22 am

Damn, so far this season is 3:3. Season one was already good to begin with but there's just no comparison between that and season two. Loved Rothstein in this episode too.

This series is amazing.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Love this show. Lot of shit went down in last nights episode, didn't it?

And Richard is one bad muthaf*cka.......

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Love this show. Lot of shit went down in last nights episode, didn't it?

And Richard is one bad muthaf*cka.......
Haven't watched it yet. But Richard has already been set up as Badass Extraordinaire so I guess I shouldn't be surprised if he lives up to his reputation.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:01 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Haven't watched it yet. But Richard has already been set up as Badass Extraordinaire so I guess I shouldn't be surprised if he lives up to his reputation.

The episode is very Richard-centric, and we see just how cold-blooded he can be. His last line was bad-ass times twelve.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Add me to the list of fans of this show. Richard is pretty bad ass.

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:46 pm

BHoward wrote:Add me to the list of fans of this show. Richard is pretty bad ass.

Smart man.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:08 pm

BHoward wrote:Add me to the list of fans of this show. Richard is pretty bad ass.
Apologist Puncher wrote:Smart man.
What he said.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:36 am

I've always have liked Steve Buscemi in different stuff, so its good to see him get such a big role and series. Pretty cool how they intertwine some of the great gangsters of America even though they had to create the character of Jimmy to make a connection with the young Capone and Nucky. I'm wondering if they will introduce Bugsy Siegel or Frank Costello at any point since Lansky and Siegel were such good friends. Also, I'm thinking Chalky White is either very loosely based on Bumpy Johnson or will have some connection to him at some point. I suspect the best story lines are going to come from Jimmy and Richard's point of view because the writer's will have the most creative liberty since those two are the fictional characters. Those two get to be as ruthless and bad ass as possible. oh yeah, I absolutely love the gratuitous T&A. The actress who was polishing off the Attorney General looked like she's done that before. cheers

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:02 am

BHoward wrote:I've always have liked Steve Buscemi in different stuff, so its good to see him get such a big role and series. Pretty cool how they intertwine some of the great gangsters of America even though they had to create the character of Jimmy to make a connection with the young Capone and Nucky. I'm wondering if they will introduce Bugsy Siegel or Frank Costello at any point since Lansky and Siegel were such good friends. Also, I'm thinking Chalky White is either very loosely based on Bumpy Johnson or will have some connection to him at some point. I suspect the best story lines are going to come from Jimmy and Richard's point of view because the writer's will have the most creative liberty since those two are the fictional characters. Those two get to be as ruthless and bad ass as possible.
I've wondered about Siegel too, actually. It'd make sense for him to show up eventually.

oh yeah, I absolutely love the gratuitous T&A. The actress who was polishing off the Attorney General looked like she's done that before. cheers
I actually liked the maid's, ah, assets. Not bad.

And yeah, Richard definitely set himself up as the alpha male in that last episode. Even so, part of me expected that geezer's retribution to come sooner. Frankly, Jimmy got his nuts revoked in that earlier meeting of the minds. Part of me was expecting him to do a quasi-Michael Corleone and threaten him with, shall we say, an unpleasant outcome if he ever spoke out of turn again. But then, that ain't who Jimmy is, even if that's how the situation should've been handled. So here we are.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:06 am

I still haven't watched any of this series! Just the Youtube videos posted. I think I'm gonna have to go over to my 'free movie' site & download it to RealPlayer. Wink

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:21 am

thecolorsblend wrote: Part of me was expecting him to do a quasi-Michael Corleone and threaten him with, shall we say, an unpleasant outcome if he ever spoke out of turn again. But then, that ain't who Jimmy is, even if that's how the situation should've been handled. So here we are.

Funny you mention Michael Corleone, I was thinking during the final two scenes with Jimmy and Richard how they put me in the mind of a young Vito Corleone and Luca Brazzi (sp?) and how they might have been portrayed had the scene of their visit to the band leader that was holding back Johnny Fontaine been put to film. I wonder if the writers are using those two as the mold for Jimmy and Richard.

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:23 am

non_amos wrote:I still haven't watched any of this series! Just the Youtube videos posted. I think I'm gonna have to go over to my 'free movie' site & download it to RealPlayer. Wink

Vuze.com is your friend. Gets a little buggy at times, but is great for anything.

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:19 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I've wondered about Siegel too, actually. It'd make sense for him to show up eventually.

I'm pretty confident he will.

I actually liked the maid's, ah, assets. Not bad.

And she's cute.

And yeah, Richard definitely set himself up as the alpha male in that last episode. Even so, part of me expected that geezer's retribution to come sooner. Frankly, Jimmy got his nuts revoked in that earlier meeting of the minds. Part of me was expecting him to do a quasi-Michael Corleone and threaten him with, shall we say, an unpleasant outcome if he ever spoke out of turn again. But then, that ain't who Jimmy is, even if that's how the situation should've been handled. So here we are.

Didn't you see why they did what they did though? He spent the whole episode talking about how he treated/killed Native Americans. What better way to get retribution than to scalp the old geezer?

I thought it was perfect.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:43 am

Oh, I don't question the poetic justice of it. I'm not even criticizing the pacing they went with since obviously they wanted Jimmy to take action with Richard at the end of the episode as part of his arc. No complaints whatsoever.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Jimmy's wife had horrible taste in women. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Was I the only one who noticed this?

Mrs. Schroeder is starting to make me dislike her, but that just might be the point. Jimmy is going to be framed for what happened to the Mrs.. Richard isn't going to take it lightly either, because he obviously liked her and felt Jimmy had everything HE always wanted, and it just wasn't enough. A lot of characters have cases hanging over their heads too, which is an interesting way to go.

Can't wait for the last two episodes of this season.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:31 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top