Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:45 pm

The teaser trailer has now been put online enjoy:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:58 pm

So wow, Ghost Rider taking a piss is supposed to be one of the high points of the trailer. I don't know anything about Ghost Rider comics or anything but just to hear the fact of it...


Last edited by thecolorsblend on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Haha ya I know very little on gr myself. The teaser visually looks good. Story we see. Probably will do around what first one did.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  non_amos on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:20 pm

I used to read the comics somewhat back in the 70's. However, that was so long ago & I'm not an authority either. I did enjoy the film but I'm sure it wasn't exactly like the comics. From what little I remember though, I believe the comics was a little bit more Ghost Rider, as far as the essence of the character. GR is probably one of those characters like HOWARD THE DUCK. For what's it's worth, I even enjoyed that film but even I won't deny that it was a FLOP, even though it did have GEORGE LUCAS' name on it! But what inspired there to even be a film about Howard? The comics! I believe Steve Gerber was the creator of Howard & back in the 70's it was actually a popular comic. Hey, KISS even appeared in Howard's comic, back during their involvement with Marvel! But my point? I think the comics got the essence of Howard but somehow it didn't translate well to the big screen, even with Lucas' involvement.

The bottom line? Both Ghost Rider and Howard the Duck were characters who obviously had popular runs on their respective titles but for whatever reason their big-screen efforts didn't pan out quite as well, especially Howard. But it begs the question, if MARVEL STUDIOS could get these properties back, what could they do with them NOW?! I dare say that they'd turn them into successful 'reboots' also! And since DISNEY owns Marvel, that'd be especially interesting in light of their other Duck, DONALD. Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Posts : 2305
Points : 2717
User Reputation : 250
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:52 pm

non_amos wrote:I used to read the comics somewhat back in the 70's. However, that was so long ago & I'm not an authority either. I did enjoy the film but I'm sure it wasn't exactly like the comics. From what little I remember though, I believe the comics was a little bit more Ghost Rider, as far as the essence of the character. GR is probably one of those characters like HOWARD THE DUCK. For what's it's worth, I even enjoyed that film but even I won't deny that it was a FLOP, even though it did have GEORGE LUCAS' name on it! But what inspired there to even be a film about Howard? The comics! I believe Steve Gerber was the creator of Howard & back in the 70's it was actually a popular comic. Hey, KISS even appeared in Howard's comic, back during their involvement with Marvel! But my point? I think the comics got the essence of Howard but somehow it didn't translate well to the big screen, even with Lucas' involvement.

The bottom line? Both Ghost Rider and Howard the Duck were characters who obviously had popular runs on their respective titles but for whatever reason their big-screen efforts didn't pan out quite as well, especially Howard. But it begs the question, if MARVEL STUDIOS could get these properties back, what could they do with them NOW?! I dare say that they'd turn them into successful 'reboots' also! And since DISNEY owns Marvel, that'd be especially interesting in light of their other Duck, DONALD. Smile
The way I understood is, Howard The Duck is supposed to be an existential comic book. Gerber designed it that way. One of the screenwriters, I forget which, apparently missed the entire point of that in saying something "it's a COMIC BOOK, it's not supposed to be an existential experience".

There's something there in the comic that people latched onto. One wonders what might've happened with a more faithful Howard movie... or if one was even physically possible given the technological limitations of the time.

The most common gripe I've heard about the original Ghost Rider movie is that it looks like a really big TV show. I think the same basic criticism could be applied to Daredevil. And hmm, both were directed by Mark Steven Johnson. Makes you wonder that this new GR movie might be better just for his lack of involvement.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:13 pm

I agree there non characters like gr are likely never to be as main stream as the other bigger guys film wise.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:03 pm

I really, really dig the 'Crank' films, and so I'm willing to give this one a shot. But seriously, pissing? What are we, 12?

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 43
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  webhead2006 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:18 pm

maybe the pee stuff will end up cut from film?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:22 pm

webhead2006 wrote:maybe the pee stuff will end up cut from film?

Duh. But it didn't even belong in the TRAILER.

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 43
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  webhead2006 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:37 pm

i agree there ap.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  webhead2006 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Footage of Ghost Rider from Scream Awards:

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  Apologist Puncher on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:55 pm

I am going to see this for two reasons:

1. Idris Elba. That guy is bad-ass, and I just really dig his work. If you haven't watched 'Luther' yet, do yourself a favor and do so.

2. Neveldine/Taylor. The 'Crank' movies are a guilty pleasure of mine, and I want to see what they do with Ghost Rider.

That's about it....

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 43
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:20 pm

New clip:


_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 43
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Hm. Well, the flaming skull looks a little more convincing this time out, I'll say that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Very nice higher quality clip.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  non_amos on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:51 am

You comic book fans are really gonna love this! Behold:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168750-ghost-rider-sequels-blackout-wont-follow-marvel-mythology

Ghost Rider Sequel's Blackout Won't Follow Marvel Mythology
by Silas Lesnick
October 27, 2011


Though Columbia Pictures' Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance will feature a comic book-inspired villain in Johnny Whitworth's Blackout, MTV has learned that the connection to the original source material is primarily the look of the character and not the Marvel Universe backstory.

"We didn't really honestly do a lot of research into the comic book version of Blackout," says co-director Brian Taylor. "We kind of just took the visual of him and went from there."

Introduced into the Marvel Universe in the early '90s, Blackout was a thug for hire who, after being scorched by Ghost Rider's hellfire, gained demonic powers and sought vengeance against the antihero (at that time Daniel Ketch, brother to Johnny Blaze).

In the film version, Blackout will, like Ghost Rider, be a creation of the devil (Ciaran Hinds) and his powers will effectively cancel one out Ghost Rider's.

You can check out the full video interview with Taylor and Mark Neveldine in the player below:

I couldn't figure out how to embed the video but it's like the dude said, we ain't following no comic book mythology, we did it our way! Hmmm! I seem to remember another director who wanted to do his own take. His initials are 'BS'. Rolling Eyes

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Posts : 2305
Points : 2717
User Reputation : 250
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:59 am

non_amos wrote:You comic book fans are really gonna love this! Behold:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168750-ghost-rider-sequels-blackout-wont-follow-marvel-mythology

Ghost Rider Sequel's Blackout Won't Follow Marvel Mythology
by Silas Lesnick
October 27, 2011


Though Columbia Pictures' Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance will feature a comic book-inspired villain in Johnny Whitworth's Blackout, MTV has learned that the connection to the original source material is primarily the look of the character and not the Marvel Universe backstory.

"We didn't really honestly do a lot of research into the comic book version of Blackout," says co-director Brian Taylor. "We kind of just took the visual of him and went from there."

Introduced into the Marvel Universe in the early '90s, Blackout was a thug for hire who, after being scorched by Ghost Rider's hellfire, gained demonic powers and sought vengeance against the antihero (at that time Daniel Ketch, brother to Johnny Blaze).

In the film version, Blackout will, like Ghost Rider, be a creation of the devil (Ciaran Hinds) and his powers will effectively cancel one out Ghost Rider's.

You can check out the full video interview with Taylor and Mark Neveldine in the player below:

I couldn't figure out how to embed the video but it's like the dude said, we ain't following no comic book mythology, we did it our way! Hmmm! I seem to remember another director who wanted to do his own take. His initials are 'BS'. Rolling Eyes
If you're referring to X-Men, I chalk as much of that up to Lauren Schuler-Donner as anybody. "We didn't want to make it... y'know... comic booky." Go eat a big of dicks, you hag.

If you're referring to Singerman... well, shit, who am I to split hairs?

To the main point though, I think Ghost Rider is one character you can actually get by with that kind of thing with. He's not iconic, he's not even a superhero and most people have no idea who he is. You've got more flexibility with that property than, say, Spider-Man. Mess with that one too much and people are going to sit up and take notice.


Last edited by thecolorsblend on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:37 am

hmm i dont see the need to change the villain back story/history but i am not to verse with ghost rider as a whole so i dont have much to say really. if the character ends up cool in the film i am all for it. but on other hand like i said whats the point of chaning the guy?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips Empty Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Teaser Trailer/Clips

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum