Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

+5
Apologist Puncher
Rduce
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
non_amos
9 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:22 pm

One question though:

Is Superman breaking into a bank vault in that picture??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:31 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
You have to lean in and squint a little bit but I think see the trunks in there too. TRUNKS, mind you, not the Daisy Dukes that BJ Blandon had. It's hard to be sure because of the shadowing but I think they're in there.

I have a bad feeling that they are indeed NOT on the suit....

Then there's the body suit. That's probably the weakest link in this thing. For starters, I'm simply going to have to make my peace with shiny/leathery suits for comic book heroes. Don't like it but that's where things are headed. That's the bad news.

Hopefully they picked the material they did because it shows off Cavill's physique, which is a BIG improvement over BJ's.

But they do need to "tone it down" in post-production.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:01 pm

Been wondering what your comments would be ap. Also ya overall shut is good and really this one photo is loads better then sr suit. And only one photo in a dark setting in post production/color correction to it and on set probably will looks worlds apart. Just like for thor for example all set photos made everything look plastic like but post production made it look alot better.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  superman1938 Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:10 pm

At least he looks like Superman...something that good ole BJ did not look like ....as for the costume...I think they borrowed the scaled or mini s look from Singerman but I think they eliminated the trunks. I don't like the raised \S/... Reminds me of Singers mess of a costume....overall a very good improvement from SR
superman1938
superman1938
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:22 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Been wondering what your comments would be ap.

Still not quite convinced. The trunks thing is going to make-or-break it for me.

Also ya overall shut is good and really this one photo is loads better then sr suit. And only one photo in a dark setting in post production/color correction to it and on set probably will looks worlds apart. Just like for thor for example all set photos made everything look plastic like but post production made it look alot better.

One can only hope.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:40 pm

I knew the news will be hitting sooner or later but any way... Where do I begin?

Well for starters I was expecting to see Cavil in the suit somewhere in July but as it turns out we get to see it early in August the same month shooting begins (Well just as long we see it period).

Now on to the suit... When I first got on to Yahoo.com they anounce that the suit for MOS has finally been revealed and I just couldn't wait and just clicked away like there was no tomorrow and after waiting for the page to fully load finally I saw it and I just had a "HOLY SHIT!!!" moment reaction but that was only after seeing the minimize size pic and I was anxious to see a maximum size version of it and after getting that chance I was left with some optimism... I notice that the suit was made out of the same fabric material as the Spider-Man suit (From the Raimi films) aleast I'm assuming! The S shield is bigger but it is also seem to be embossed (Somehow I was expecting that)! Cavil seems to look buffed as well as masculine just as he should be unlike a certain someone well all know! Inspite all that however it also left me with some slight skepticism... I can't really tell if he's wearing any trunks or aleast has some red scheme design underneath his waist it's anybodies guess! And speaking of colors I also can't tell whether if this is the suit's actual color scheme or this is do to the contrast of it's photography! But my biggest complaint is the cape, it looks too damn long it should be aleast about the length as Reeve's cape only reaching behind the kneecaps! I mean seriously how the hell Supes is going to maneuver properly with that long ass cape in the way? I hope the length of the cape gets adjusted eventually! And where the hell is his front hair curl?

This maybe the first photo Cavil in the suit but certainly not enough to make a full judgement of aleast not until I see a full body shot which is something I was expecting to see but hopefully soon enough! But I guess thats what manips are for!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Hopefully ap, though the suit is loads better for me then sr. Good cape, nice boots, big s shield, trunks and proper color/lighting look at. It is what I want now.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:14 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:But my biggest complaint is the cape, it looks too damn long it should be aleast about the length as Reeve's cape only reaching behind the kneecaps! I mean seriously how the hell Supes is going to maneuver properly with that long ass cape in the way? I hope the length of the cape gets adjusted eventually! And where the hell is his front hair curl?

Obviously, if he couldn't walk or maneuver in a cape that long they WOULDN'T use it.

I approve of a longer cape.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  superman1938 Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:But my biggest complaint is the cape, it looks too damn long it should be aleast about the length as Reeve's cape only reaching behind the kneecaps! I mean seriously how the hell Supes is going to maneuver properly with that long ass cape in the way? I hope the length of the cape gets adjusted eventually! And where the hell is his front hair curl?

Obviously, if he couldn't walk or maneuver in a cape that long they WOULDN'T use it.

I approve of the longer cape as well
superman1938
superman1938
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:13 pm

superman1938 wrote:I approve of the longer cape as well

Smart man.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:20 pm

superman1938 wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:

I approve of the longer cape as well
Same here.

As to the fish scale thing... I think it's something that could improve itself when you see the thing in motion. I'm hoping so anyway.

A few other points of interest. It looks like there's a seam or something on Cavill's right thigh and a rolled sleeve or gauntlet or something on his left wrist. Dunno what's up with that stuff.

Also folks? I seriously don't think this is a movie still. It's likely just a publicity shot.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Same here.

Smart man too.

As to the fish scale thing... I think it's something that could improve itself when you see the thing in motion. I'm hoping so anyway.

Let's hope so.

A few other points of interest. It looks like there's a seam or something on Cavill's right thigh and a rolled sleeve or gauntlet or something on his left wrist. Dunno what's up with that stuff.

Actually, take a look at his left hip. I'm seeing some "grey" there, matching what appears to be on his right thigh.

Why?

Also folks? I seriously don't think this is a movie still. It's likely just a publicity shot.

Obviously. But it still makes me think he is robbing a bank.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:47 pm

Totally colors, I too believe this is just a promo/stage photo to just show off cavill and the suit. Even though a scene like we see in there would be wicked sweet. So ya like I said earlier in better lighting conditions/on set in natural light we likely will see the true colors of the suit. Or even if they are not totally there color correction in post could fix that.

As for texture look ya not to thrilled with it myself either. But overall isn't that bad on this suit. As for wrists ya wonder what's up there and his waist area too. Now if we don't have the trunks, I would be a bit pissed. But at least happy we are not stuck with the dcnu look either. If anything if trunks are gone maybe snyder had to compromise look for film to dc. So at least film and new comics look are simular enough. If that's the case still sucks but hey nothing we could do about that if its dam corp call.

Though on other hand I rather everyhing be separate comics its own thing, cartoons/dtv another, and film/tv its own. Wouldn't be first or last time one media take didn't match the other. But like I saw earlier still overall happy with this suit over how I was when sr crap suit first appeared. And can't wait to see it in action and at different angles/lighting situations.

Ap looking at scene in the phot what if it isn't a bank vault. But superman escaping or getting into a nuclear reactor? Kinda has that look to me. Sorta remind me of that lois and clark episode where superman was in a reactor.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:44 pm

For those that are worried about the cape being too long, you should note that he is bent over, nealy a quater of his height, so standing up fully I am sure the cape will not be as long as it appears!

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:57 pm

I am sure that thought came across for many but ya standing straight up will probably cut lenth down a bit.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:13 am

Also, this is clearly nothing more than a publicity still, I would hold judgment on what the suit looks like until we see what the actual film suit may or may not look like… I have blown this up to huge scale and there is NOT any red briefs that can be seen. it is the same color blue into the shadow areas. Nothing red is coming through on my software program.

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:43 am

I can't wait to see suit in different angles on set and different lightings so we can see it in all its glory.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:45 am

Rduce wrote:Also, this is clearly nothing more than a publicity still, I would hold judgment on what the suit looks like until we see what the actual film suit may or may not look like… I have blown this up to huge scale and there is NOT any red briefs that can be seen. it is the same color blue into the shadow areas. Nothing red is coming through on my software program.

You may have a point. Could this be simply WB 'gauging' fan response to the pic of Cavill? They already know what went down with BJ the Bartender as Singerman. Keep in mind that the trunk area is deliberately 'vague' & I believe we can think DC for that! So maybe they're trying to 'get a feel' for where the fans are at on this one? And I suppose if they see enough negative feedback, then they still have plenty of time to do something about it.

As for your software program, I just hope that you're wrong. See above.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:52 am

As you can see the red of the cape is seen behind, but only the blue is seen where the shorts would be. Also the belt looks to be black
BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 2 No_red10

Last edited by Rduce on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pic added)

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:56 am

Rduce wrote:I will provide a copy of the pic that I blew up and looked at with my software to whom ever wants one. I have no idea how to attach it to the site!

E-mail it to me, and I will add it to your post.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:32 am

Rduce wrote:As you can see the red of the cape is seen behind, but only the blue is seen where the shorts would be. Also the belt looks to be black
BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 2 No_red10

Uh..................not looking good! Mad

Duh apologists are whining to 'ditch the underwear' but that makes him look like a 'neutered puppy' or something in that area! what's up with that?! I thought Cavill said that the suit was 'awesome' & that it was 'classic'?! That's not classic! That's like the 'bill of goods' that DC is trying to currently sell to the public! Me Bizarro not like! I just hope this will be 'rectified' soon enough!

As for Cavill's hair, it reminds me of TOM WELLING! Think about it. But this is supposedly different from SMALLVILLE so why try to emulate it?

Also, AP, what's the 'THANKS' button for?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:38 am

Well with way cavill is posed it does really hide most of the belt besides the buckle area. Hopefully we will get more of that area soon. Same goes on trunks or not and would be great to have a comment from snyder on design choice for suit.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:39 am

Rduce wrote:For those that are worried about the cape being too long, you should note that he is bent over, nealy a quater of his height, so standing up fully I am sure the cape will not be as long as it appears!

Somehow I find that hard to believe but on the othet hand Cavil does seem like he is bending his body across so I'm hoping that your right! Still you have to imagine Supes moving or battling with a cape thats long enough to be dragged on the ground!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:
Rduce wrote:For those that are worried about the cape being too long, you should note that he is bent over, nealy a quater of his height, so standing up fully I am sure the cape will not be as long as it appears!

Somehow I find that hard to believe but on the othet hand Cavil does seem like he is bending his body across so I'm hoping that your right! Still you have to imagine Supes moving or battling with a cape thats long enough to be dragged on the ground!

To me the entire bottom of the cape looks to be CGI in the pic...

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:53 am

It's hard to believe that a mere day or two ago we were debating duh Hardy Boy as THE HULKING 200-LB. BANE. Tom who?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next